• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:55
CEST 00:55
KST 07:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9408 users

Pokémon Go! - Page 26

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 200 Next
Jer99
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada8160 Posts
July 16 2016 14:42 GMT
#501
On July 16 2016 23:41 NrG.NeverExpo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2016 16:05 ShoCkeyy wrote:
I went to the LA Tar Pits on La Brea, and it was a Charmander festival. I caught over 10 charmanders within 15mins - it was quite ridiculous. I hear Toronto is full of Drowsee's, and in Miami, we have a ton of water pokemon. LA in general was full of ground/rock, and fire type pokemon from what I noticed.

Can confirm I live in Ottawa, a few hours from Toronto, and it's all drowsee here lol


tell me you are team mystic so i won't have to take all your gyms :D
StrategyTaeJa #1 || @TL_Jer99 || "seeker seeked out his seeking"
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
July 16 2016 15:46 GMT
#502
[image loading]
NrG.NeverExpo
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2114 Posts
July 16 2016 16:05 GMT
#503
On July 16 2016 23:42 Jer99 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2016 23:41 NrG.NeverExpo wrote:
On July 16 2016 16:05 ShoCkeyy wrote:
I went to the LA Tar Pits on La Brea, and it was a Charmander festival. I caught over 10 charmanders within 15mins - it was quite ridiculous. I hear Toronto is full of Drowsee's, and in Miami, we have a ton of water pokemon. LA in general was full of ground/rock, and fire type pokemon from what I noticed.

Can confirm I live in Ottawa, a few hours from Toronto, and it's all drowsee here lol


tell me you are team mystic so i won't have to take all your gyms :D

aye I'm mystic you mystic/ottawa too? :O
TwitteR: @NeverExpo follow me, i'll follow back :)
Jer99
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada8160 Posts
July 16 2016 16:34 GMT
#504
On July 17 2016 01:05 NrG.NeverExpo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2016 23:42 Jer99 wrote:
On July 16 2016 23:41 NrG.NeverExpo wrote:
On July 16 2016 16:05 ShoCkeyy wrote:
I went to the LA Tar Pits on La Brea, and it was a Charmander festival. I caught over 10 charmanders within 15mins - it was quite ridiculous. I hear Toronto is full of Drowsee's, and in Miami, we have a ton of water pokemon. LA in general was full of ground/rock, and fire type pokemon from what I noticed.

Can confirm I live in Ottawa, a few hours from Toronto, and it's all drowsee here lol


tell me you are team mystic so i won't have to take all your gyms :D

aye I'm mystic you mystic/ottawa too? :O


Don't have Pokemon yet but I'm Ottawa!
StrategyTaeJa #1 || @TL_Jer99 || "seeker seeked out his seeking"
DwD
Profile Joined January 2010
Sweden8621 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-16 18:26:08
July 16 2016 18:25 GMT
#505
Finally released officially here in Sweden, took me ages to be able to make an acc and login but went outside for maybe 20min and managed to catch Pikachu! Battery went from 75% to 20%... Is this real life or does my phones battery just suck? It's an old Iphone 4 or 5 something...

Also when do I pick a team and do I need to have the app open in the background if Im out walking to hatch stuff?
~ T-ARA ~ DREAMCATCHER ~ EVERGLOW ~ OH MY GIRL ~ DIA ~ BOL4 ~ CHUNGHA ~
NrG.NeverExpo
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2114 Posts
July 16 2016 18:28 GMT
#506
On July 17 2016 03:25 DwD wrote:
Finally released officially here in Sweden, took me ages to be able to make an acc and login but went outside for maybe 20min and managed to catch Pikachu! Battery went from 75% to 20%... Is this real life or does my phones battery just suck? It's an old Iphone 4 or 5 something...

Also when do I pick a team and do I need to have the app open in the background if Im out walking to hatch stuff?

your phones battery probably sucks since its an old phone but it is quite demanding, you can chose low power mode in your battery settings on iphones to help a bit. You chose a team at lvl 5 and you need the app open to hatch eggs.
TwitteR: @NeverExpo follow me, i'll follow back :)
Oukka
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
Finland1683 Posts
July 16 2016 18:29 GMT
#507
On July 17 2016 03:25 DwD wrote:
Finally released officially here in Sweden, took me ages to be able to make an acc and login but went outside for maybe 20min and managed to catch Pikachu! Battery went from 75% to 20%... Is this real life or does my phones battery just suck? It's an old Iphone 4 or 5 something...

Also when do I pick a team and do I need to have the app open in the background if Im out walking to hatch stuff?


Hey, app released here in Finland today as well, and to no ones surprise servers down/full whatever xd I guess they were surprised by the popoularity...

The app eats through your battery like nothing I've seen before, so external battery or case might be good, also keeping the app in the background does nothing, you need to keep it open and active so that it tracks your location.

You'll get to join a team at level 5
I play children's card games and watch a lot of dota, CS and HS
DwD
Profile Joined January 2010
Sweden8621 Posts
July 16 2016 18:36 GMT
#508
Alright good to know!
What about bandwidth? How much does it drain if lets say Im out and walking for 30min and doing stuff catching/hatching whatever.
~ T-ARA ~ DREAMCATCHER ~ EVERGLOW ~ OH MY GIRL ~ DIA ~ BOL4 ~ CHUNGHA ~
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-16 19:03:05
July 16 2016 19:02 GMT
#509
On July 17 2016 03:25 DwD wrote:
Finally released officially here in Sweden, took me ages to be able to make an acc and login but went outside for maybe 20min and managed to catch Pikachu! Battery went from 75% to 20%... Is this real life or does my phones battery just suck? It's an old Iphone 4 or 5 something...

Also when do I pick a team and do I need to have the app open in the background if Im out walking to hatch stuff?

I'm on Android, and I could just log in with my Google account for this game. The only thing I needed after logging in with my Google account was to select a username.

Also, powerbanks are very popular right now in Sweden; many stores are selling of their stock rather quickly. Luckily I already have two (1 at 9000mAh and one at 10000mAh).

On July 17 2016 03:36 DwD wrote:
Alright good to know!
What about bandwidth? How much does it drain if lets say Im out and walking for 30min and doing stuff catching/hatching whatever.

I have played for about a half day now and it has used ~27MB of data so far
EZ4ENCE
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
July 16 2016 19:18 GMT
#510
On July 16 2016 22:40 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
I think I'm going to take an indefinite hiatus from Pokemon GO for now. Hitting level 20 within a week of playing was cool, and catching the Pokemon early on was fun, but all the errors I get from this game- half of the poke stops not working, most of the gyms not working, and the game freezing during 1/4 of my Pokemon battles- are just too frustrating for me... Especially when it's taking up 100% of my gaming time. It's not really a game I'd like to play casually, and the game unfortunately isn't rewarding the daily/ hourly grind for me. I'll probably check the poke stops and gyms in my area every few days to see if those problems have been fixed, but my summers have traditionally been a time for me to play other games for fun- Mario, Zelda, Quest 64, Smash, StarCraft, Heroes, etc.- and it's probably better for my health and all-around happiness if I do just that.

=)

its still annoying but its like 1000% better than release day and the day after. do it for the exercise instead of the game.
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
July 16 2016 19:23 GMT
#511
Honestly, it's been a lot of fun playing the game. Yeah it still bugs out and crashes every so often, but it's noticeably more stable. I actually like the social aspect of the game almost as much as being somewhat tryhard (level 21 now)

It's been a lot of fun just going out and hanging out all the time with my friends playing pokemon. I ran into my cousin and his wife just camping out a triple lure spot just last night and had oodles of fun just.I've walked ~10k every day since release, so it's definitely been a healthy week for me.
Porouscloud - NA LoL
Diavlo
Profile Joined July 2011
Belgium2915 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-07-16 19:32:43
July 16 2016 19:27 GMT
#512
I'm already getting a little bored with the game. The grinding to get to higher level is incredibly tedious and the reward for it is to have trouble catching shit and to get to take Gyms which are almost impossible to defend if the other gamers are remotely close to your level.

It's only the beta but so many things need to be improved upon:
- fix the servers (obviously)
- make gym defense actually possible (less pokemon from the attacker, more damage/health for the defending champ)
- make spawning and pokestops more accessible for rural regions.
- fix the radar so it's actually possible to find 3 footprint pokemon trough deduction and not random luck.
- make switching team possible (even if it's only when reaching certain levels (every 5 for example).

And if they want the game to be really interesting, transfer at least partly the original concept of fighting pokemon and capturing them when they are low.
"I don't know how many years on this Earth I got left. I'm gonna get real weird with it."
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
July 16 2016 19:37 GMT
#513
I really like the concept of having to get off your ass to play a game but without pokemon battles this game is pretty useless as far as games go.

The future of mobile gaming is looking a hell of a lot more interesting however.
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
July 16 2016 19:43 GMT
#514
On July 17 2016 04:23 Amui wrote:
Honestly, it's been a lot of fun playing the game. Yeah it still bugs out and crashes every so often, but it's noticeably more stable. I actually like the social aspect of the game almost as much as being somewhat tryhard (level 21 now)

It's been a lot of fun just going out and hanging out all the time with my friends playing pokemon. I ran into my cousin and his wife just camping out a triple lure spot just last night and had oodles of fun just.I've walked ~10k every day since release, so it's definitely been a healthy week for me.

I just went out on a short (~2.5 KM) evening walk and I ran into at least four groups of people playing PG.
EZ4ENCE
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
July 17 2016 03:10 GMT
#515
On July 17 2016 04:27 Diavlo wrote:
I'm already getting a little bored with the game. The grinding to get to higher level is incredibly tedious and the reward for it is to have trouble catching shit and to get to take Gyms which are almost impossible to defend if the other gamers are remotely close to your level.

It's only the beta but so many things need to be improved upon:
- fix the servers (obviously)
- make gym defense actually possible (less pokemon from the attacker, more damage/health for the defending champ)
- make spawning and pokestops more accessible for rural regions.
- fix the radar so it's actually possible to find 3 footprint pokemon trough deduction and not random luck.
- make switching team possible (even if it's only when reaching certain levels (every 5 for example).

And if they want the game to be really interesting, transfer at least partly the original concept of fighting pokemon and capturing them when they are low.

this is the beta?
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
July 17 2016 04:58 GMT
#516
went from 16-20 tonight. yay, lucky egg + so many evos that i had no time to do anything else. just broke cp 1000 with a rhino! and all three evee evos.
Diavlo
Profile Joined July 2011
Belgium2915 Posts
July 17 2016 11:19 GMT
#517
On July 17 2016 12:10 dAPhREAk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2016 04:27 Diavlo wrote:
I'm already getting a little bored with the game. The grinding to get to higher level is incredibly tedious and the reward for it is to have trouble catching shit and to get to take Gyms which are almost impossible to defend if the other gamers are remotely close to your level.

It's only the beta but so many things need to be improved upon:
- fix the servers (obviously)
- make gym defense actually possible (less pokemon from the attacker, more damage/health for the defending champ)
- make spawning and pokestops more accessible for rural regions.
- fix the radar so it's actually possible to find 3 footprint pokemon trough deduction and not random luck.
- make switching team possible (even if it's only when reaching certain levels (every 5 for example).

And if they want the game to be really interesting, transfer at least partly the original concept of fighting pokemon and capturing them when they are low.

this is the beta?

Not exactly beta but the game is still being tinkered with a lot. It's not even a v1 yet. At the moment we are at v0.49.2.

"I don't know how many years on this Earth I got left. I'm gonna get real weird with it."
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46498 Posts
July 17 2016 12:30 GMT
#518
A way to supposedly choose your Eeveelution (simply by renaming your Eevee before you evolve it): https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4t0cpo/psa_how_to_force_your_eevee_to_evolve_into_your/

"It would seem that there is in fact a way to force an evolution of your Eevee. The Eevee Brothers from the original anime were named Rainer, Pyro, Sparky and they owned a Vaporeon, Flareon, and Jolteon respectively. If you nickname your Eevee either Rainer, Pyro or Sparky, your Eevee will evolve into that desired Eeveelution!
Sparky = Jolteon
Rainer = Vaporeon
Pyro = Flareon"
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
WonnaPlay
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands912 Posts
July 17 2016 13:56 GMT
#519
On July 17 2016 03:36 DwD wrote:
Alright good to know!
What about bandwidth? How much does it drain if lets say Im out and walking for 30min and doing stuff catching/hatching whatever.


A usefull tip concerning both bandwidth AND battery :

Go to Google Maps
Download the offline maps of your area (on WiFi at home).

Now, your app doesn't use data anymore for loading the map, since it is from the google API.
This works both on iOS (google maps only afaik) and Android.

Also turn off AR in battles for extra battery saving.
veQ
Profile Joined November 2010
Poland339 Posts
July 17 2016 14:08 GMT
#520
well sitting on 4.1.2 will not let me run the game, tho still constant connection to the bandwith and google maps are a no no to me. Still would like to run it once to see what's it like. Also havent seen people running around even with game being released here few days ago.
"Victory comes to those who look forward" Proud SPECTER EVO Owner - http://imgur.com/a/Me9LU
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 200 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 128
Nathanias 80
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 583
910 27
MaD[AoV]24
Bale 13
League of Legends
JimRising 637
Counter-Strike
Fnx 624
minikerr5
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox538
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4442
Other Games
summit1g9026
shahzam294
C9.Mang0256
Trikslyr33
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV232
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
Other Games
gamesdonequick13
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21420
Other Games
• imaqtpie841
• Shiphtur752
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 5m
Patches Events
17h 5m
The PondCast
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.