• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:23
CEST 18:23
KST 01:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8712 users

Pokémon Go! - Page 181

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 179 180 181 182 183 200 Next
Terranasaur
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2085 Posts
June 11 2018 04:07 GMT
#3601
On June 11 2018 07:55 Latham wrote:
Hey, sorry for the bump again, but I'm a little stomped about what to do next.
I'm level 24,5 as a Trainer and decided to do some Tier 1 and 2 raids solo (since I can't find anybody to play with in my small city).
From the water event going on right now, I farmed enough starters to get myself a Blastoise, Feraligatr and a Swampert, not to mention a seemingly endless stream of magikarps and shellders. Problem is, I can't break 1700CP with them fully evolved.
My cornerstones being right now are a 2100CP Golem and a slightly higher Aggron.
I obviously want more and better pokes, but it seems like I can't get any reasonable ones safely by myself. I wanted to try a solo Machamp raid or Vaporeon to catch them, but I'm failing miserably with what I got.
I can barely do T2 raids with about 10-15s to spare.

How do I progress from here on forward? Do I just grit my teeth and hatch eggs and evolve en masse with lucky eggs on and only start to assemble a team past trainer level 30, or can I do something else now?

I go to wordpress and silph road and they recommend counters to T3 raids, but I have none of them, lol. I'd love a mewtwo or an alakazam or gengar to bully T3 raids solo, but all I got to work with is 1 Golem, 1 Aggron, 1 Blaziken, 1 alola executor and a 2000CP Omastar...

Do I just wait for raids to cycle back to charmander/bulbasur or what?


Raids really aren't meant to be solo'd by level 25 trainers. Just focus on building your roster and hoarding resources and do level 1/2 raids when you can. Once you're level 30 or so you might have better luck with the tier 3s.
Decisions Determine Destiny - Terranasaur#1719 D3 #557 SC2 3DS FC: 2423-3623-8068
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
June 11 2018 04:29 GMT
#3602
On June 11 2018 07:55 Latham wrote:
Hey, sorry for the bump again, but I'm a little stomped about what to do next.
I'm level 24,5 as a Trainer and decided to do some Tier 1 and 2 raids solo (since I can't find anybody to play with in my small city).
From the water event going on right now, I farmed enough starters to get myself a Blastoise, Feraligatr and a Swampert, not to mention a seemingly endless stream of magikarps and shellders. Problem is, I can't break 1700CP with them fully evolved.
My cornerstones being right now are a 2100CP Golem and a slightly higher Aggron.
I obviously want more and better pokes, but it seems like I can't get any reasonable ones safely by myself. I wanted to try a solo Machamp raid or Vaporeon to catch them, but I'm failing miserably with what I got.
I can barely do T2 raids with about 10-15s to spare.

How do I progress from here on forward? Do I just grit my teeth and hatch eggs and evolve en masse with lucky eggs on and only start to assemble a team past trainer level 30, or can I do something else now?

I go to wordpress and silph road and they recommend counters to T3 raids, but I have none of them, lol. I'd love a mewtwo or an alakazam or gengar to bully T3 raids solo, but all I got to work with is 1 Golem, 1 Aggron, 1 Blaziken, 1 alola executor and a 2000CP Omastar...

Do I just wait for raids to cycle back to charmander/bulbasur or what?

have you looked on silph road to find groups in your area?

https://thesilphroad.com/map#2/40.29/-76.66
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9593 Posts
June 13 2018 16:53 GMT
#3603
I did look at that map and I even joined a discord for Warsaw.
Thing is, I live some ways away from Warsaw and I don't go there every day (I work from home). I also don't see a point in joining the talks about local events if I can't make it there for them. Raids or nests will probably expire by the time I get there by train. I could drive to Warsaw by car but that feels like a big waste of gasoline and money for parking tickets.

RN I am focusing on the water event and hatching the 2km eggs. Some people say you can get a Lapras out of them and I'd really love one, especially since they were removed from the standard rotation of 10km eggs.
Buuuuuuut... after 51 eggs (I shit you not, I keep a word document documenting all my hatches) no Lapras, lol. I might travel to Warsaw or Lodz during this event to pick up some eggs there. My little city's eggs all might be rotten inside or smth :o
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
June 13 2018 17:05 GMT
#3604
You can try to get some other friends hooked? Or get a second phone and another account lol. Then the level 3s are much easier.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9593 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-06-17 15:58:29
June 17 2018 15:39 GMT
#3605
So how was everyone's Community Day? It was quite an experience for me personally.
First time I actually saw other people play, not just the usual 1-2 kids that go around flipping gyms. During the 3 hours of the event there was a Kyogre raid in our local park. I saw more than 20 people participate, it looked awesome.
I personally gained a full level (from 25 to 26) from the event and caught A LOT of T-tars. 3 shinies but unfortunately only 1 usable (70+ IVs). I had over 400 candy and got 4 fully evolved ones with smackdown and 15 ATT stat (I prioritized those for the evolves).
I'm up to around 70ish eggs hatched this event and still no Lapras =( this is killing me. I caught 2 wild Lapras around my house at midnight but their IVs suck dick. There's also a new quest for the water event - evolve 2 shellders for a Lapras.
I've done 3 of those today and now I'm up to 5 Laprases total. I got a 91IV one, but its a 11ATT 15DEF 15STA Lapras, and I'd much prefer a 15ATT one =/

Experiencing the community day for the first time now I'm sad I didn't play during bulbasaur's and charmander's comminuty days. I do hope that someday I'll be able to get a Venosaur and a Charzard!

I did not go to Warsaw for the Silph Road meetup (if there even was one, I didn't even check), and just stayed in my city. There was quite a big crowd anyway :D very positively surprised by the older people, like me playing. Not just middle/highschoolers.

edit: I also think I made a mistake choosing Instinct. Europe and especially Poland seem to be dominated by Mysitc. It's kinda sad you can't switch your team once like you can change your account name...
Making you choose a team on trainer level 5 seems like a big responsibility when you don't know shit about the game's mechanics at that point. They should make it 20 or something, or let people switch monthly between teams until 40 then make them choose a permanent team.
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
Rehio
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1718 Posts
June 17 2018 16:28 GMT
#3606
edit: I also think I made a mistake choosing Instinct. Europe and especially Poland seem to be dominated by Mysitc. It's kinda sad you can't switch your team once like you can change your account name...
Making you choose a team on trainer level 5 seems like a big responsibility when you don't know shit about the game's mechanics at that point. They should make it 20 or something, or let people switch monthly between teams until 40 then make them choose a permanent team.


You're looking at it from the perspective of someone entering an established game.

When it first came out, if they'd restricted it to level 20 it would've been ridiculous. Barring content for that long would never have worked out. In the end, while teams do matter, it's not something drastic.

I've played for two years as Instinct, and even if we're the always the tiniest team in any area, I've still made fine progress. I've got my Mew and mostly completed dex. It's all good.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
June 18 2018 12:20 GMT
#3607
I hope you networked some with the local people so you can do some raids on non-Community Days

Felt pretty lucky to spend about 15 minutes of play time during the event and get 3 shiny larvitars. 6x catching xp with a lucky egg on sounded tempting but just can't block out that much time normally to play straight.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
June 18 2018 12:57 GMT
#3608
On June 18 2018 01:28 Rehio wrote:
Show nested quote +
edit: I also think I made a mistake choosing Instinct. Europe and especially Poland seem to be dominated by Mysitc. It's kinda sad you can't switch your team once like you can change your account name...
Making you choose a team on trainer level 5 seems like a big responsibility when you don't know shit about the game's mechanics at that point. They should make it 20 or something, or let people switch monthly between teams until 40 then make them choose a permanent team.


You're looking at it from the perspective of someone entering an established game.

When it first came out, if they'd restricted it to level 20 it would've been ridiculous. Barring content for that long would never have worked out. In the end, while teams do matter, it's not something drastic.

I've played for two years as Instinct, and even if we're the always the tiniest team in any area, I've still made fine progress. I've got my Mew and mostly completed dex. It's all good.


There's even advantages to being on the smaller team. For awhile when my area was all mystic all the time it was really difficult to get a slot in a gym because they'd always be flipped mystic + filled up.

Sure you wouldn't get a lot of coins at once as Instinct because you'd get kicked out somewhat quickly, but being able to get in at all is still a step up from being blocked out.
Logo
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-06-18 13:15:40
June 18 2018 13:15 GMT
#3609
So the friendship and trading approach seems promising.
https://pokemongolive.com/post/friendsandtrading/
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
June 18 2018 13:23 GMT
#3610
I like that they are using Stardust to kinda curb trading and keeping it from people just freely peddling pokemon.

I'm much less a fan of the gift system and the general "bug your friends to keep playing" aspect to the system.
Logo
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9593 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-06-18 16:14:07
June 18 2018 16:13 GMT
#3611
Trading is awesome, I do hope battling will come next, but like in the game series, not like PvP raids style type of thing.
I also hope the pokemon don't randomize their IVs when traded. I'm ok with them losing some hp or cp or even losing a few levels, but not IVs =/
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
June 23 2018 05:54 GMT
#3612
Anyone started playing again?

9939 4281 5846
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
June 24 2018 17:02 GMT
#3613
I've never stopped playing since the game was released

If anyone want to add me (AxelRantila is my username in PoGo)
2056 5680 3253
EZ4ENCE
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
June 24 2018 17:36 GMT
#3614
On June 25 2018 02:02 WindWolf wrote:
I've never stopped playing since the game was released

If anyone want to add me (AxelRantila is my username in PoGo)
2056 5680 3253

Look at this kid with the zaptos @_@
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
June 24 2018 18:21 GMT
#3615
On June 25 2018 02:36 lestye wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2018 02:02 WindWolf wrote:
I've never stopped playing since the game was released

If anyone want to add me (AxelRantila is my username in PoGo)
2056 5680 3253

Look at this kid with the zaptos @_@

Since your still somewhat new to the game (based on your in-game distance)

One of the rewards you get from completing Research tasks 7 days is an encounter with a legendary Pokemon. So far it has rotated between the legendary birds (Moltres, Zapdos and Articuno), and rotation happens at the start of every month.
EZ4ENCE
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9593 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-06-24 18:41:15
June 24 2018 18:40 GMT
#3616
1866 0647 2083 for me =)
Yeah I started myself in May this year and I already have a Zapdos and 3 Articunos... on my way to the 4th one

I really hope legendary dogs are next up, Entei Suicune and Raikou are relly cool pokes to own.
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
June 24 2018 21:04 GMT
#3617
How does the tracker work for eggs? do i need to keep the app at the front of my phone while walking or can it run in the background?
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9593 Posts
June 24 2018 23:09 GMT
#3618
On June 25 2018 06:04 lestye wrote:
How does the tracker work for eggs? do i need to keep the app at the front of my phone while walking or can it run in the background?


On the front, and the app has to be working (no black screen). It basically measures and adds the distance you walked in the past 8 minutes to egg's km counter until you reach the goal of 2/5/7/10kms.
Also there's a speed limit so you can't do it driving in your car. Gotta be walking or biking.
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
June 25 2018 01:01 GMT
#3619
Ah gotcha. I might get this go plus device. thats really annoying.
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
June 25 2018 04:57 GMT
#3620
By the way, I am in Illinois, if anyone is very far from there and wants to be a trading buddy with me for things that you need lots of candy for just PM me and I'll send you my code.

The main advantage of the trading is trading with someone from far away, thus you get tons of Candy of the type of the mon that you traded away. I don't have many such mons ATM because I didn't know that this would be part of the system, but presumably if you caught a Dratini in France and I caught a Slakoth in IL and we traded we would both get a shit ton of candy for the trade.
Freeeeeeedom
Prev 1 179 180 181 182 183 200 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM468
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 417
TKL 201
ProTech158
ByuN 141
SteadfastSC 109
UpATreeSC 38
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32149
Calm 3227
Shuttle 2718
Jaedong 1228
Mini 784
EffOrt 615
Horang2 531
Soma 503
ZerO 252
Rush 242
[ Show more ]
Soulkey 226
Snow 170
firebathero 112
910 87
hero 83
Zeus 75
Mong 72
Mind 72
Shine 46
Hyun 38
Free 35
sorry 33
Sharp 31
ToSsGirL 26
Yoon 25
PianO 23
Killer 21
JYJ 20
Aegong 19
Terrorterran 19
Trap 19
Bale 18
scan(afreeca) 13
Sacsri 12
HiyA 12
Rock 11
Sexy 11
Hm[arnc] 8
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5876
Dendi1332
League of Legends
KnowMe26
Counter-Strike
fl0m4047
x6flipin608
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
ChuDatz39
Other Games
singsing2043
Liquid`RaSZi1299
hiko719
ceh9405
Beastyqt390
Khaldor297
crisheroes283
dupreeh257
Livibee209
420jenkins202
C9.Mang0135
QueenE117
Trikslyr85
Dewaltoss55
ZerO(Twitch)17
IndyStarCraft 9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH283
• Hinosc 14
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3669
• WagamamaTV477
League of Legends
• Nemesis2010
• TFBlade212
Other Games
• Shiphtur785
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
17h 37m
INu's Battles
18h 37m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
20h 37m
OSC
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.