• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:53
CEST 12:53
KST 19:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202617Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released ASL22 General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8698 users

Pokémon Go! - Page 169

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 167 168 169 170 171 200 Next
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
June 23 2017 19:10 GMT
#3361
On June 24 2017 02:08 mordek wrote:
Its all the same names still for me. The hard part is every gym is 6 mons deep. On your team that means nothing you can do but collect a "bonus" spin and for the other team it means it'll be the equivalent of taking down like a level 8 gym or something depending on if they're topped off of course. Even lower cp ones take a fat minute to take down.


It seems like the 6 now would be easier to take down than even 6 from before? There's a little extra time in screen transitions, but you get to knock the CP down of enemy mons and make them easier to battle. So you don't have to fight the same 3k+ Chansey 10 times and eventually it just becomes a cake walk for your team to walk all over the enemy.

In terms of total # of spots... here's it's decreased. I've seen only a couple of new gyms in an area that has 10-12 gyms. So you're talking about gaining like 12-30 spots for a loss of 40+.
Logo
rotta
Profile Joined December 2011
5653 Posts
June 23 2017 19:39 GMT
#3362
Coins are now granted in 10 minute increments and capped at 50/day. Much better!
don't wall off against random
Terranasaur
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2085 Posts
June 23 2017 19:44 GMT
#3363
There aren't any new gyms in my neighborhood so its just a straight loss for us. Dropping gyms is faster with the new system for sure. No blissey towers plus all your enemies get weaker
Decisions Determine Destiny - Terranasaur#1719 D3 #557 SC2 3DS FC: 2423-3623-8068
rotta
Profile Joined December 2011
5653 Posts
June 23 2017 19:46 GMT
#3364
On June 24 2017 04:44 Terranasaur wrote:
There aren't any new gyms in my neighborhood so its just a straight loss for us.

Really? That sucks, there are thrice the gyms in my area now.
don't wall off against random
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
June 23 2017 19:48 GMT
#3365
i keep losing gym battles. wow, i suck. but i am beginning to think the quick move "Network Error" is really imba......
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
June 23 2017 19:55 GMT
#3366
I heard you knock off 16% of the mons max CP so if its a full mon it will take 7 battles. Its nice it gets easier for sure, and the pokemon you can use to attack can vary a lot more now too but it didn't seem that much quicker for me but who knows.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
June 23 2017 20:32 GMT
#3367
No extra gyms here either
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
June 23 2017 20:46 GMT
#3368
so, only sponsored gyms get raids. sorry canada and sorry me with no sponsored gyms nearby.
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
June 24 2017 00:02 GMT
#3369
Whay was that about getting candy from feeding pokemon in gyms? I was doing that today and got only 20 dust per berry.
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
rotta
Profile Joined December 2011
5653 Posts
June 24 2017 00:29 GMT
#3370
On June 24 2017 09:02 hunts wrote:
Whay was that about getting candy from feeding pokemon in gyms? I was doing that today and got only 20 dust per berry.

RNG
don't wall off against random
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
June 24 2017 00:40 GMT
#3371
I was feeding one Gyarados and it gave me 500 dust for one berry. Then it just said Error a bunch of times and I couldn't feed anything for a while. Was it because the gym came under attack at the time maybe?

Also I'm sometimes getting low fps and/or lag (galaxy s7 edge), when there are gyms on screen which in nyc there always are pretty much.
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
Oktyabr
Profile Joined July 2011
Singapore2234 Posts
June 24 2017 01:37 GMT
#3372
Based on the first release, each gym produces a max of 6 coins an hour, that's 144 possible coins a day. Now all you need in the past is 15 players to consistently destroy gyms to make much more gold than that. Coin supply now is easily a fifth of what it could have been in the past, with minority colors have no chance of getting 10/day like before. Niantic decided to go full greed mode lol.
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
June 24 2017 01:47 GMT
#3373
I hit the cap of 50 gold per day yesterday, which is still more than I ever got with the old system due to how competitive gyms are around where I live.
EZ4ENCE
Oktyabr
Profile Joined July 2011
Singapore2234 Posts
June 24 2017 01:50 GMT
#3374
On June 24 2017 10:47 WindWolf wrote:
I hit the cap of 50 gold per day yesterday, which is still more than I ever got with the old system due to how competitive gyms are around where I live.


Yeah but that also means that many other players from the different teams probably got none. Not that I'm complaining though, since 9/11 of the gyms within 2km from where I live are of my color almost all the time.
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
June 24 2017 03:11 GMT
#3375
On June 24 2017 10:50 Oktyabr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2017 10:47 WindWolf wrote:
I hit the cap of 50 gold per day yesterday, which is still more than I ever got with the old system due to how competitive gyms are around where I live.


Yeah but that also means that many other players from the different teams probably got none. Not that I'm complaining though, since 9/11 of the gyms within 2km from where I live are of my color almost all the time.

i received more coins today than i received in a single day in the last few months. thats from playing in an area where my team is not dominant.
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
June 24 2017 09:13 GMT
#3376
Raids are now live in my town. While the gyms is not sponsored (and never has been) , the raid boss I've seen says sponsored. And it was a Flareon at a old water tower lol
EZ4ENCE
rotta
Profile Joined December 2011
5653 Posts
June 24 2017 12:43 GMT
#3377
I'm loving the new system! When it works, anyway. "Network Error" and "Gym is under attack" really grind my gears.
don't wall off against random
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
June 24 2017 13:19 GMT
#3378
Yeah, I had that happen to me as well yesterday.

And now I walked past a Magicarp raid lol
EZ4ENCE
rotta
Profile Joined December 2011
5653 Posts
June 24 2017 15:29 GMT
#3379
On June 24 2017 22:19 WindWolf wrote:
And now I walked past a Magicarp raid lol

Apparently there's a chance for it to be shiny!
don't wall off against random
Terranasaur
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2085 Posts
June 25 2017 00:02 GMT
#3380
I like the new system a lot. I did like 5 raids today. And, after thinking about it, I really don't care that I won't get as many coins with this new system because I won't buy any more incubators. Pretty much if I hatched anything but a Larvitar or a Dratini I was disappointed, but now with all my coins going to Raid Passes, I can use TMs to really dial in my team and seek out only the candies I care about. I solo'd a level 3 Raid (Flareon) today, and 6 of us took down a level 4 (Venusaur).
Decisions Determine Destiny - Terranasaur#1719 D3 #557 SC2 3DS FC: 2423-3623-8068
Prev 1 167 168 169 170 171 200 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko208
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31078
Calm 4696
Rain 2564
Hyuk 1190
Bisu 978
FanTaSy 648
Jaedong 396
Horang2 338
Soma 318
Rush 277
[ Show more ]
BeSt 250
Zeus 236
Stork 210
Mong 182
Larva 112
Mini 103
ZerO 89
Pusan 75
Mind 75
Light 75
Barracks 50
910 50
ToSsGirL 46
Sexy 44
Killer 36
Shinee 34
Yoon 31
NaDa 29
Snow 27
Free 21
sorry 18
Hm[arnc] 16
Noble 13
Terrorterran 7
sSak 6
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6020
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1189
byalli891
shoxiejesuss565
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King70
Other Games
gofns49224
singsing1604
dupreeh338
crisheroes252
B2W.Neo43
ZerO(Twitch)8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 7
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2025
Other Games
• WagamamaTV80
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 7m
Big Brain Bouts
23h 7m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.