• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:46
CEST 14:46
KST 21:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War15.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202619Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10689 users

Pokémon Go! - Page 168

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 166 167 168 169 170 200 Next
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
June 23 2017 02:22 GMT
#3341
On June 21 2017 12:48 Terranasaur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2017 11:36 TheFish7 wrote:
I like the changes overall but I don't think they'll actually have a huge effect on the game. With the way CP works, instead of getting 6 Dragonites, 3 Tyranitars and a Blissey in a Gym, now you'll have 1 Blissey, 1 Tyranitaur, 1 Dragonite, 1 Snorlax, 1 Gyarados, and 1 Rhydon. There's still no reason to level up 90% of pokemon because their CP just sucks. That said, it sounds way better than the current system.

One thing I don't get is - why would I ever use my berries on one of my teammate's pokemon in a friendly gym? Doesn't seem to benefit me at all. Unless you can only swipe at friendly gyms or something?

Edit - Edit - the addition of TMs is huge, taking some of the emphasis off of movesets, and they could potentially even use it to introduce new moves later.


You get XP and Dust for feeding your teammates Pokemon. Also, if you've got a poke in a gym it would be in your best interest to feed the others to kind of protect yours.


OK that's pretty good.

One more thing I don't get - is it possible to kick a crappy pokemon out of a friendly gym? There's one near me with a 1,028 cp Cloyster. I have a 2k cp Cloyster. All the other pokemon in the gym are 2,500+. Do I have to wait for an enemy to take the gym down or is blue steam stuck with a crappy cloyster?
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
June 23 2017 02:25 GMT
#3342
The CP continuously drops with the motivation. It will leave unless its bolstered with berries. It may be that low because someone battled it too. (I think)
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
June 23 2017 02:43 GMT
#3343
This one in particular has a full heart meter though. I guess I just have to wait for someone to take it out
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
Oktyabr
Profile Joined July 2011
Singapore2234 Posts
June 23 2017 04:56 GMT
#3344
Thank god for spoofers. They'll keep my pokemon alive over the weekend, hurray!
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
June 23 2017 07:47 GMT
#3345
gyms still under construction in my city
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
June 23 2017 09:36 GMT
#3346
Raids are in public beta for anyone lvl 35+

I'm 100k away from that level, but I have a crapton of Pidgeys and 2 lucky eggs so hopefully I get to see some raiding action soon.
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
June 23 2017 10:20 GMT
#3347
I got three gyms today when on my morning walk and here is how many coins I got

One was defended for 29m, zero coins
Another one was defended for 1h29m, one coin
(The last one is still counting)

So I guess 1 coin per hour is how much you get
EZ4ENCE
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
June 23 2017 10:33 GMT
#3348
I highly doubt this new system is better for me in terms of coins but it is what it is. I should hit 34 over the weekend which as we all know by now is no where close to 35
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Laurens
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium4558 Posts
June 23 2017 10:56 GMT
#3349
Before all Pokemon got sent home, I held a remote gym in my town for 2 months+

That'd be a lot of coins
It's unfortunate you have to top them up with berries all the time though, I hope they can last 5 days without as that's how long I'm away each week.
AbouSV
Profile Joined October 2014
Germany1278 Posts
June 23 2017 11:51 GMT
#3350
Even when they are at 0 motivation, they still need to lose a fight to be sent back anyway. So (very) remote gym are still interesting.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
June 23 2017 11:58 GMT
#3351
On June 23 2017 20:51 AbouSV wrote:
Even when they are at 0 motivation, they still need to lose a fight to be sent back anyway. So (very) remote gym are still interesting.

I didn't realize this. So if there's six pokemon in a gym of your color there's literally nothing you can do to get in unless another team fights the pokemon there.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
AbouSV
Profile Joined October 2014
Germany1278 Posts
June 23 2017 12:31 GMT
#3352
That's what I get from the explanations at least, and now is still too soon to have experienced it anyway.
rotta
Profile Joined December 2011
5653 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-06-23 12:45:35
June 23 2017 12:35 GMT
#3353
My team is really struggling to hold anything, only one has been standing for more than ten hours so far. Seems like less reward for more effort...

Just realized that you get candy from feeding berries to your and your teammates' 'mons. That will surely be handy in the future.
don't wall off against random
AbouSV
Profile Joined October 2014
Germany1278 Posts
June 23 2017 13:03 GMT
#3354
This is big.
Looks like you can have candies from any pokemon you feed (including yours)

Time to put mareep and such in gyms!
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
June 23 2017 14:57 GMT
#3355
So far my experience with the new system is most gyms have turned my color like they were before, the one nearby yellow gym I tried to take crashed my app 3 times and even if I got in, it'll just get flipped within the hour and I'd be lucky to get a coin.

That's sort of ok though (not the crashing)? Feeding berries for candy and getting access to raids would be motivation enough to keep the gym game going, it doesn't have to be coins. But there really does need to be another mechanism to gather some spare coins.
Logo
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-06-23 16:14:42
June 23 2017 16:13 GMT
#3356
Replacing a steady 50 coins a day income looks like it will be very difficult. If I put in the same effort I'd need to do that now I'd have been getting 100 a day in the old system. I could be wrong though, maybe it'll start to add up. And competition may die down after the novelty wears off.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Terranasaur
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2085 Posts
June 23 2017 16:23 GMT
#3357
On June 24 2017 01:13 mordek wrote:
Replacing a steady 50 coins a day income looks like it will be very difficult. If I put in the same effort I'd need to do that now I'd have been getting 100 a day in the old system. I could be wrong though, maybe it'll start to add up. And competition may die down after the novelty wears off.


Same boat. I've collected 100 every day this year by maintaining like 15-20 gyms at a time. I'm feeling the squeeze from the fewer spots available, and 5 of the nine or so mons I dropped off last night after work got returned to me with no coins. Brutal.
Decisions Determine Destiny - Terranasaur#1719 D3 #557 SC2 3DS FC: 2423-3623-8068
AbouSV
Profile Joined October 2014
Germany1278 Posts
June 23 2017 16:46 GMT
#3358
Well, as someone without 20+ mons at 2k+ CP (0 dragonite and 0 tyranitar), and barely being in the top5 of any gym (usually kicked out and replace by another mon from the same team), I appreciate it a lot that now the gyms are not occupied by the same few names. Well, at least for now.
At least I have something to do and can hope for more than 10 coins every few weeks.

And even if a gym is only 6 spots now, there are also more gyms, isn't the total around the same? In my area it looks like so.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
June 23 2017 17:08 GMT
#3359
Its all the same names still for me. The hard part is every gym is 6 mons deep. On your team that means nothing you can do but collect a "bonus" spin and for the other team it means it'll be the equivalent of taking down like a level 8 gym or something depending on if they're topped off of course. Even lower cp ones take a fat minute to take down.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
AbouSV
Profile Joined October 2014
Germany1278 Posts
June 23 2017 17:53 GMT
#3360
When you're 2 or 3 attacking, it gets really fat though. Not sure it was that fast with older gyms.
However, it looks like you can perma feed pokemons to defend a gym, in that case it can indeed get very long. I'm wondering if it's not better to ally with members from the other teams in order to feed candies that way.
Prev 1 166 167 168 169 170 200 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 304
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32107
Calm 6765
Rain 1798
Bisu 1641
Jaedong 681
Horang2 599
FanTaSy 539
BeSt 369
Rush 319
Stork 270
[ Show more ]
Soma 241
Zeus 201
Larva 150
Light 129
Snow 120
Free 118
ZerO 110
Mind 92
910 87
Barracks 78
Mong 72
Pusan 70
Killer 49
Sea.KH 42
Hyun 40
ToSsGirL 38
NaDa 29
Shinee 27
Sexy 19
Hm[arnc] 18
sorry 17
Aegong 16
Noble 14
Terrorterran 12
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc6618
Counter-Strike
fl0m2832
olofmeister997
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King72
Other Games
gofns33396
singsing2113
B2W.Neo706
crisheroes282
Lowko279
hiko230
RotterdaM50
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2964
• Jankos2823
• TFBlade159
Other Games
• WagamamaTV184
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 14m
Big Brain Bouts
21h 14m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 4h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 6h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 21h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.