• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:28
CEST 00:28
KST 07:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9265 users

TL Chess Match 4 - Page 80

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 78 79 80 81 82 140 Next
Raysalis
Profile Joined July 2010
Malaysia1034 Posts
September 30 2011 18:54 GMT
#1581
13. a3
+ Show Spoiler +


I am surprise Ng5 didn't play Bxd7, which looks like a better move

a3 is now a really strong since black do not have the tactics in the Bd7 line, so if black go for the exchange line with Bxd7 we can actually keep our pawn and be not cramp in.

After bishop retreats like 13. ... Be7 14.b4 with ideas of taking on e4 or castling looks really good for white too...

I have no idea what Ng5 plan is after Kxd7



:)
GenesisX
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada4267 Posts
September 30 2011 22:37 GMT
#1582
On September 30 2011 10:06 Malinor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 09:16 GenesisX wrote:
Hi. I know I'm late to the party but I've been really interested in chess. Could I perhaps participate in the game also? ^^ I'm not very good but I'll try to provide some helpful input !


Better late than never. As far as I know, no one is excluded and you can join in anytime.




13. a3

+ Show Spoiler +
I'm also in accordance that this is one of the more favorable moves. We can win in the trade if 13. a3 Bxd2, 14. Nxd2 Nxd2, 15. Bxd2 ---. Doing this also alleviates the pin on our king, as well as opens up C1 for our rook.
133 221 333 123 111
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
September 30 2011 22:39 GMT
#1583
1. a3

+ Show Spoiler +
I agree with the analysis above. I really think this provides our best opportunities given the current game state ._.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
EvilNalu
Profile Joined May 2010
United States91 Posts
September 30 2011 22:54 GMT
#1584
13. a3
wuBu
Profile Joined February 2011
United States83 Posts
September 30 2011 23:12 GMT
#1585
13. a3
"It's the way that I'm living that makes me who I am. It's the things I do that you wouldn't understand."
chesshaha
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1117 Posts
September 30 2011 23:31 GMT
#1586
13. a3

+ Show Spoiler +
I am thinking about a3, and he will probably trade the bishop with our knight. If he plays 13. ... Be7, I thinking to play 14. Nxe4
"Hopefully you're not the real TLO so it's not casted" - SpecialK
keyStorm
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada316 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-01 00:47:10
October 01 2011 00:47 GMT
#1587
Ng5, i changed my move!..to a3
Ikari
Profile Joined April 2007
United States176 Posts
October 01 2011 00:56 GMT
#1588
13.a3

+ Show Spoiler +
Analyzed already by so many others.
God Mode: Alt+F4
aphorism
Profile Joined February 2011
United States226 Posts
October 01 2011 01:01 GMT
#1589
13.a3
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
October 01 2011 01:25 GMT
#1590
So many a3s. I wonder what the next is gonna be.
keyStorm
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada316 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-01 02:49:23
October 01 2011 02:49 GMT
#1591
On October 01 2011 10:25 Ng5 wrote:
So many a3s. I wonder what the next is gonna be.




Get off the lawn! D:
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
October 01 2011 03:07 GMT
#1592
i see no way we can save the pawn doing rb1 the more i've analyzed it
he would be able to force us off of that pawn with his bishop eventually, no matter how hard we stalled, by forcing us to move our rook after preventing us from castling
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
jsemmens
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States439 Posts
October 01 2011 06:07 GMT
#1593
13. a3
+ Show Spoiler +
Black's main positional weakness is the backwards pawn on c7. If black can manage to play c5, he manages to eliminate his weakness and undermine our pawns in the center. If we can get a3 and b4 in, we can permanently prevent this, and the pawn on c7 will eventually fall.


Also, Bill Murray, spoilers for god's sake.
Check out the Flash Fanclub! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=336995
itsjustatank
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Hong Kong9179 Posts
October 01 2011 07:24 GMT
#1594
13. a3
Photographer"nosotros estamos backamos" - setsuko
greggy
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom1483 Posts
October 01 2011 13:54 GMT
#1595
+ Show Spoiler +
Although I agree with 13.a3, I highly doubt black will exchange on d2. 13. .. Be7 is far superior imho. Moreover, white has to acknowledge that upon playing b4 black will respond with a5, sacrificing a pawn but opening a file for the rook and making white's life that much more difficult. Without playing b4 however, black can play c5 untroubled. >_>

A couple of lines I went over:

13. a3 Be7

14. b4 a5

15. ba Ba6 16. ??? Seriously, I see no good continuation for white. Nxe4 transposes into what I've written above but worse for white; 16. Nf1 h6 17. Bd2 Rb2 and white might as well concede.


14. Nxe4 de

15. Ng5 f5 16. ef Bxf6 17. Nxe4 Bxd4 with threats of Bb7 and Re8 - black is far better off with a bishop pair in an open position;

15. Ng5 f5 16. b4 h6 17. Nh3 g5 and both bishop and knight are out of play for white;

15. Nd2 f5 16. ef Bxf6 is same as the first variation;

15. Nd2 f5 16. b4 a5 17. ba Ba6 and black is far better despite being two pawns down (f.e. 18. f3 e3 19. Nf1 f4 20. g3 g5);

15. Nd2 f5 16. f3 e3 as above;

15. Nd2 f5 16. Nf1 g5 17. Ng3 Ke6.


14. O-O c5 15. dc Ba6 16. Rd1 Nxc5 17. b4 Nd3 18. Nb3 is what I feel to be the most safe continuation for white. Alternatively,

15. dc Bxc5 16. b4 Bxf2 17. Rxf2 Nxf2 18. Kxf2 Bb7 is rather ambitious and I guess unfounded, but the "safer" 16. .. Be7 allows 17. Nxe4 de 18. Rd1+ Kc7 ( 18. .. Ke8 19. Ng5 Bf5 20. Be3 a6 21. Rac1) 19. Ng5 f6 20. Nxe4 fe are both advantageous to white.



P.S. Sorry if I just barged in into the game - I don't browse TL very often - and if my analysis is incorrect, anyone with an engine feel free to run through and post improvements or PM me for further discussion.
indigoawareness
Profile Joined October 2010
Slovakia273 Posts
October 01 2011 14:46 GMT
#1596
13.Ke3

+ Show Spoiler +
To catch him off guard!
To sleep, perchance to dream.
jdseemoreglass
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3773 Posts
October 01 2011 17:35 GMT
#1597
On October 01 2011 23:46 indigoawareness wrote:
13.Ke3

+ Show Spoiler +
To catch him off guard!

If we all voted for an illegal move, I'm sure it would really catch him off guard
"If you want this forum to be full of half-baked philosophy discussions between pompous faggots like yourself forever, stay the course captain vanilla" - FakeSteve[TPR], 2006
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
October 01 2011 17:36 GMT
#1598
greggy wrote:

P.S. Sorry if I just barged in into the game - I don't browse TL very often - and if my analysis is incorrect, anyone with an engine feel free to run through and post improvements or PM me for further discussion.


I'd rather they didn't. Not entirely convinced it would change too much. Regardless of what your analysis might be.

indigoawareness wrote:
13. Ke3


I see what you did there...

Either way, finally gonna get the updates rolling and send out reminders. Busy week.

Random music.
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
October 01 2011 18:00 GMT
#1599
[image loading]
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-01 18:13:25
October 01 2011 18:06 GMT
#1600
GenesisX wrote:
Hi. I know I'm late to the party but I've been really interested in chess. Could I perhaps participate in the game also? ^^ I'm not very good but I'll try to provide some helpful input !


Welcome aboard.

An older one.

dtvu wrote:
No Choice:
12. Qxd7+


There's always a choice. For example at least 20k people in Hungary choose to put 'jedi' as their religion during the current census. You'd be hard-pressed to topple that.

GolemMadness wrote:


Welcome back, homie.
Prev 1 78 79 80 81 82 140 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O159
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason98
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1043
ZZZero.O 159
Bale 20
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm108
League of Legends
Doublelift4894
JimRising 641
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby7064
Other Games
summit1g10179
FrodaN3145
KnowMe219
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1207
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie991
• Shiphtur156
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
32m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 32m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
12h 32m
Monday Night Weeklies
17h 32m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 12h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.