• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:18
CEST 23:18
KST 06:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10503 users

TL Chess Match 4 - Page 57

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 140 Next
MrProphylactic
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
296 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-09 19:02:33
September 09 2011 18:57 GMT
#1121
There are only two poeple I have a problem with , and you are one of them . You remind me of a Bronze Sc2 players arguing until they are blue in the face with a Pro sc2 player about actual game mechanics .
But from now On I will ignore the absurdity , If you will try as well .


( I have never said anything other than I am an average talent, and I never claimed to be the best player here , you are misquoting me , which in light of your last post is a little ironic,. You have done little but put words in my mouth , my comments have been directed at you and one other person alone, not the group get that straight right now . )
"The Beauty of a move is not in its appearance, but the thought behind it" Nimzovitch
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
September 09 2011 19:01 GMT
#1122
On September 10 2011 03:57 Seldentar wrote:
Amazing how every thread in any forum that lasts over 50 pages inevitably turns into some stupid argument like this, and then either dies or returns back to normal. Lol @ human nature
Well, I'm sorry to be a part of that, but it's hard not to get dragged into stupid arguments when someone insists on bringing you into it. I suppose I could have made a much shorter post just correcting the misquote and saying nothing more, but once I was posting, I just said the rest of what I thought about the resident troll.
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
September 09 2011 19:02 GMT
#1123
On September 10 2011 03:57 MrProphylactic wrote:
There are only two poeple I have a problem with , and you are one of them . You remind me of a Bronze Sc2 players arguing until they are blue in the face with a Pro sc2 player about actual game mechanics .
But from now On I will ignore the absurdity , If you will try as well .


( I have never said anything other than I am an average talent, and I never claimed to be the best player here , you are misquoting me , which in light of your last post is a little ironic )
OK, this works. Agree to ignore each other.

shakes hand
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
MrProphylactic
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
296 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-09 19:07:35
September 09 2011 19:05 GMT
#1124
On September 10 2011 03:57 Seldentar wrote:
Amazing how every thread in any forum that lasts over 50 pages inevitably turns into some stupid argument like this, and then either dies or returns back to normal. Lol @ human nature



.
Team liquid has to be good for something lol ( Joking I love this site ) . It actually got worse after the release of sc2 if you believe that possible.
"The Beauty of a move is not in its appearance, but the thought behind it" Nimzovitch
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
September 09 2011 19:07 GMT
#1125
On September 10 2011 04:05 MrProphylactic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2011 03:57 Seldentar wrote:
Amazing how every thread in any forum that lasts over 50 pages inevitably turns into some stupid argument like this, and then either dies or returns back to normal. Lol @ human nature



.
Team liquid has to be good for something . It actually got worse after the release of sc2 if you believe that possible.


Really what you're saying is "it used to be better" which is entirely believable. That being said, I'm glad that this small subcommunity has found resolution for its problems. I hope that, moving forward, we can have either great respect or great non-combativeness for each other, whatever the situation calls for.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
MrProphylactic
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
296 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-09 19:11:39
September 09 2011 19:10 GMT
#1126
Something off-topic .
I think maybe one thing that adds to so many arguments online is a lack of voice-tones. This leads to others imagining the voice tone they want( where a negative one was not intended, or vice-versa ). As a good 80 percent of communication is thought to be voice tone alone, I have always been curious how this may effect Internet conversations. I would be interested to see any studies on this topic
I wonder if any have been done .
"The Beauty of a move is not in its appearance, but the thought behind it" Nimzovitch
wuBu
Profile Joined February 2011
United States83 Posts
September 09 2011 19:11 GMT
#1127
Haha, reading this from the sidelines, I can't help but to agree with qrs, but that's besides the point. Both of you need to chill out and stop taking shots at each other. We still got a game to get through and hostility isn't going to help our team.
"It's the way that I'm living that makes me who I am. It's the things I do that you wouldn't understand."
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
September 09 2011 19:31 GMT
#1128
On September 10 2011 04:10 MrProphylactic wrote:
Something off-topic .
I think maybe one thing that adds to so many arguments online is a lack of voice-tones. This leads to others imagining the voice tone they want( where a negative one was not intended, or vice-versa ). As a good 80 percent of communication is thought to be voice tone alone, I have always been curious how this may effect Internet conversations. I would be interested to see any studies on this topic
I wonder if any have been done .
This is very true, and I know from experience that I'm one of the worst people I know at communicating my tone in text writing. Part of the problem is that I like to write in a relatively formal style, which affects perceived tone of voice no end. I think definitely there have been misunderstandings on both sides at various points of this argument.

It sometimes helps me to take a step back and realize that the other guy is just as convinced of my pigheadedness as I am of his, and we are both people, and the main reason that my point of view looks so much better than his to me is because that's the point of view I see. I probably shouldn't have blown up at you on the last page, but it may even have been for the best: sometimes letting off steam ends up clearing the air.

You're free to keep disliking me, and I'll understand that, but for my part, I think I have a better perspective again, and I don't have anything against you at this point. I'll stick to our agreement about future off-topic posts here (I'm hoping that this one can be allowed, since it's not argumentative.)
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
MrProphylactic
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
296 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-09 19:34:01
September 09 2011 19:31 GMT
#1129
On September 10 2011 04:11 wuBu wrote:
Haha, reading this from the sidelines, I can't help but to agree with qrs, but that's besides the point. Both of you need to chill out and stop taking shots at each other. We still got a game to get through and hostility isn't going to help our team.



I would not expect many here to have put in the vast hours of work needed to see things from my point of view , As a matter of fact a gross minority would be expected.
But as your said your opinion is not really relevant. But you still managed to slip it in there . lol
And I thank you for that .
"The Beauty of a move is not in its appearance, but the thought behind it" Nimzovitch
MrProphylactic
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
296 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-09 19:50:02
September 09 2011 19:45 GMT
#1130
On September 10 2011 04:31 qrs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2011 04:10 MrProphylactic wrote:
Something off-topic .
I think maybe one thing that adds to so many arguments online is a lack of voice-tones. This leads to others imagining the voice tone they want( where a negative one was not intended, or vice-versa ). As a good 80 percent of communication is thought to be voice tone alone, I have always been curious how this may effect Internet conversations. I would be interested to see any studies on this topic
I wonder if any have been done .
This is very true, and I know from experience that I'm one of the worst people I know at communicating my tone in text writing. Part of the problem is that I like to write in a relatively formal style, which affects perceived tone of voice no end. I think definitely there have been misunderstandings on both sides at various points of this argument.

It sometimes helps me to take a step back and realize that the other guy is just as convinced of my pigheadedness as I am of his, and we are both people, and the main reason that my point of view looks so much better than his to me is because that's the point of view I see. I probably shouldn't have blown up at you on the last page, but it may even have been for the best: sometimes letting off steam ends up clearing the air.

You're free to keep disliking me, and I'll understand that, but for my part, I think I have a better perspective again, and I don't have anything against you at this point. I'll stick to our agreement about future off-topic posts here (I'm hoping that this one can be allowed, since it's not argumentative.)

It is all good , as the kids say these days . I am over it .Chess is a touchy topic for me , as I have worked very very hard to earn the title I hold . I am sure I am as much to blame for the misunderstanding .

( Through the advent of computers and internet(some people actually believe just because they have access to a database or computers they understand the game on a masters level and that just is far from the truth) , there are many people that do not show Masters the respect they deserve anymore in my humble opinion, maybe you are not one of them, and I could have been conflating certain issues. )
"The Beauty of a move is not in its appearance, but the thought behind it" Nimzovitch
Seldentar
Profile Joined May 2011
United States888 Posts
September 09 2011 19:47 GMT
#1131
To be honest Team Liquid is one of the more mature forums I've visited, it really is pretty good considering how many people with completely different views are on it.

Probably the worst I've ever seen is the International High IQ Society. At first it was okay, but after I was in it for about a year every single fucking thread gradually turned into an all out flame fest LOL.
Seldentar
Profile Joined May 2011
United States888 Posts
September 09 2011 19:49 GMT
#1132
On September 10 2011 04:45 MrProphylactic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2011 04:31 qrs wrote:
On September 10 2011 04:10 MrProphylactic wrote:
Something off-topic .
I think maybe one thing that adds to so many arguments online is a lack of voice-tones. This leads to others imagining the voice tone they want( where a negative one was not intended, or vice-versa ). As a good 80 percent of communication is thought to be voice tone alone, I have always been curious how this may effect Internet conversations. I would be interested to see any studies on this topic
I wonder if any have been done .
This is very true, and I know from experience that I'm one of the worst people I know at communicating my tone in text writing. Part of the problem is that I like to write in a relatively formal style, which affects perceived tone of voice no end. I think definitely there have been misunderstandings on both sides at various points of this argument.

It sometimes helps me to take a step back and realize that the other guy is just as convinced of my pigheadedness as I am of his, and we are both people, and the main reason that my point of view looks so much better than his to me is because that's the point of view I see. I probably shouldn't have blown up at you on the last page, but it may even have been for the best: sometimes letting off steam ends up clearing the air.

You're free to keep disliking me, and I'll understand that, but for my part, I think I have a better perspective again, and I don't have anything against you at this point. I'll stick to our agreement about future off-topic posts here (I'm hoping that this one can be allowed, since it's not argumentative.)

It is all good , as the kids say these days . I am over it .Chess is a touchy topic for me , as I have worked very very hard to earn the title I hold . I am sure I am as much to blame for the misunderstanding .

( Through the advent of computers and internet , there are many people that do not show Masters the respect they deserve anymore in my humble opinion, maybe you are not one of them, and I could have been conflating certain issues. )


Just curious what title are you referring to? Are you an international or grand master?
MrProphylactic
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
296 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-09 19:55:56
September 09 2011 19:50 GMT
#1133
On September 10 2011 04:49 Seldentar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2011 04:45 MrProphylactic wrote:
On September 10 2011 04:31 qrs wrote:
On September 10 2011 04:10 MrProphylactic wrote:
Something off-topic .
I think maybe one thing that adds to so many arguments online is a lack of voice-tones. This leads to others imagining the voice tone they want( where a negative one was not intended, or vice-versa ). As a good 80 percent of communication is thought to be voice tone alone, I have always been curious how this may effect Internet conversations. I would be interested to see any studies on this topic
I wonder if any have been done .
This is very true, and I know from experience that I'm one of the worst people I know at communicating my tone in text writing. Part of the problem is that I like to write in a relatively formal style, which affects perceived tone of voice no end. I think definitely there have been misunderstandings on both sides at various points of this argument.

It sometimes helps me to take a step back and realize that the other guy is just as convinced of my pigheadedness as I am of his, and we are both people, and the main reason that my point of view looks so much better than his to me is because that's the point of view I see. I probably shouldn't have blown up at you on the last page, but it may even have been for the best: sometimes letting off steam ends up clearing the air.

You're free to keep disliking me, and I'll understand that, but for my part, I think I have a better perspective again, and I don't have anything against you at this point. I'll stick to our agreement about future off-topic posts here (I'm hoping that this one can be allowed, since it's not argumentative.)

It is all good , as the kids say these days . I am over it .Chess is a touchy topic for me , as I have worked very very hard to earn the title I hold . I am sure I am as much to blame for the misunderstanding .

( Through the advent of computers and internet , there are many people that do not show Masters the respect they deserve anymore in my humble opinion, maybe you are not one of them, and I could have been conflating certain issues. )


Just curious what title are you referring to? Are you an international or grand master?



Nah just a run of the mill weak old NM, nothing special. But The title does show how hard I have worked, because I was not the natural some people are. It did not come easy for me . There were lots of ups and downs , and I almost gave up so many times in the past, or threw my board away out of frustration . ( When I got my title they still had what is called a 'Life Master " which does not exist anymore . I was one of the last to get this title.


Edit : Of course I did most of my learning before programs got so strong, and chess base was around , which was a different process then it is nowadays
"The Beauty of a move is not in its appearance, but the thought behind it" Nimzovitch
jdseemoreglass
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3773 Posts
September 09 2011 19:54 GMT
#1134
He says this site was great until SC2 was released? I can't comment on that, but I know for a fact this thread was great until prophylactic showed up, now it has turned to shit with his passive-aggressive insults.

From his very first post he was complaining about how this game would be impossible to win, because the players are so weak. He's repeated how weak everyone is several times, and repeated his rank several times as well. This is very specifically what Ng5 warned us away from doing. He said not to make arguments based upon "I'm IM/GM/God." And yet here we are...

He disparagingly refers to me as a lowly "1500 player," even though I stated I don't even have a rating. He claims my database is 50 years old because I provided some games from Spassky. No, the database I'm using is only 4 years old.

I really hate to derail this thread and continue this whole stupid thing, but that's precisely what happens when someone shows up and starts insulting other people: the thread gets derailed. It's a shame too, because up until the last couple moves we were having really good back and forth discussions without having to insult each other's abilities or ratings, etc.

I told myself earlier I was just going to stop responding to it, because I naively thought it would go away. However, he's started the same shit with qrs, and just now threw another passive-aggressive insult at wubu. I really can't see things improving much from this point.

"I would not expect many here to have put the vast amount of hours of work needed to see things from my point of view." You think that we are misrepresenting your "voice-tone"? No, we aren't. You are very clearly stating repeatedly that your opinion is simply superior to everyone else's. That's not how you make arguments here. Show the analysis, that's all anyone cares about in the end.
"If you want this forum to be full of half-baked philosophy discussions between pompous faggots like yourself forever, stay the course captain vanilla" - FakeSteve[TPR], 2006
MrProphylactic
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
296 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-09 20:11:53
September 09 2011 19:57 GMT
#1135
On September 10 2011 04:54 jdseemoreglass wrote:
He says this site was great until SC2 was released? I can't comment on that, but I know for a fact this thread was great until prophylactic showed up, now it has turned to shit with his passive-aggressive insults.

From his very first post he was complaining about how this game would be impossible to win, because the players are so weak. He's repeated how weak everyone is several times, and repeated his rank several times as well. This is very specifically what Ng5 warned us away from doing. He said not to make arguments based upon "I'm IM/GM/God." And yet here we are...

He disparagingly refers to me as a lowly "1500 player," even though I stated I don't even have a rating. He claims my database is 50 years old because I provided some games from Spassky. No, the database I'm using is only 4 years old.

I really hate to derail this thread and continue this whole stupid thing, but that's precisely what happens when someone shows up and starts insulting other people: the thread gets derailed. It's a shame too, because up until the last couple moves we were having really good back and forth discussions without having to insult each other's abilities or ratings, etc.

I told myself earlier I was just going to stop responding to it, because I naively thought it would go away. However, he's started the same shit with qrs, and just now threw another passive-aggressive insult at wubu. I really can't see things improving much from this point.

"I would not expect many here to have put the vast amount of hours of work needed to see things from my point of view." You think that we are misrepresenting your "voice-tone"? No, we aren't. You are very clearly stating repeatedly that your opinion is simply superior to everyone else's. That's not how you make arguments here. Show the analysis, that's all anyone cares about in the end.


Here he goes trying to re-flame the fire . But my you do come out of left field . Listen you may not like the fact we are resolving this . But if you have nothing more to add but more arguing just keep it to yourself . What do you mot get about the fact we are trying to resolve this ?

"I would not expect many here to have put the vast amount of hours of work needed to see things from my point of view." I stand by this statement ,. It is not an insult just a reality . I am a statistical minority having put so many hours into this game that few would have the amount of time needed , there was nothing negative intended by it .

Or maybe where you come from Tiltled players walk up and down the street as common as ants . lmao
( on a side note I have proved the strength of my moves based on analysis alone ( some lines which are 24 ply deep ), you are bringing up the fact of my title more than anyone else . I thought it maybe relevant at the beginning of the thread I do not know , TO A CHESS GAME WITHOUT PROGRAMS !!!! ) Never once have I argued for a move based on my title alone .Every one of my suggested moves are followed with accurate analysis to support them . Just keep your opinions to yourself and I will do the same . Which was where we were headed before you chimed in

"The Beauty of a move is not in its appearance, but the thought behind it" Nimzovitch
Seldentar
Profile Joined May 2011
United States888 Posts
September 09 2011 20:00 GMT
#1136
*sigh* all I can do is laugh at this, it's funny in a way
jdseemoreglass
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3773 Posts
September 09 2011 20:11 GMT
#1137
On September 10 2011 04:57 MrProphylactic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2011 04:54 jdseemoreglass wrote:
He says this site was great until SC2 was released? I can't comment on that, but I know for a fact this thread was great until prophylactic showed up, now it has turned to shit with his passive-aggressive insults.

From his very first post he was complaining about how this game would be impossible to win, because the players are so weak. He's repeated how weak everyone is several times, and repeated his rank several times as well. This is very specifically what Ng5 warned us away from doing. He said not to make arguments based upon "I'm IM/GM/God." And yet here we are...

He disparagingly refers to me as a lowly "1500 player," even though I stated I don't even have a rating. He claims my database is 50 years old because I provided some games from Spassky. No, the database I'm using is only 4 years old.

I really hate to derail this thread and continue this whole stupid thing, but that's precisely what happens when someone shows up and starts insulting other people: the thread gets derailed. It's a shame too, because up until the last couple moves we were having really good back and forth discussions without having to insult each other's abilities or ratings, etc.

I told myself earlier I was just going to stop responding to it, because I naively thought it would go away. However, he's started the same shit with qrs, and just now threw another passive-aggressive insult at wubu. I really can't see things improving much from this point.

"I would not expect many here to have put the vast amount of hours of work needed to see things from my point of view." You think that we are misrepresenting your "voice-tone"? No, we aren't. You are very clearly stating repeatedly that your opinion is simply superior to everyone else's. That's not how you make arguments here. Show the analysis, that's all anyone cares about in the end.


Here he goes trying to re-flame the fire . Listen you may not like the fact we are resolving this . But if you have nothing more to add but more arguing just keep it to yourself .

"I would not expect many here to have put the vast amount of hours of work needed to see things from my point of view." I stand by this statement ,. It is not an insult just a reality . I am a statistical minority having put so many hours into this game that few would have the amount of time needed , there was nothing negative intended by it .

Or maybe where you come from Tiltled players walk up and down the street as common as ants . lmao
( on a side note I have proved the strenght of my moves based on analysis alone ( some lines which are 24 ply deep ), you are bringing up the fact of my title more than anyone else . I thought it maybe relevant at the beginning of the thread I do not know , TO A CHESS GAME WITHOUT PROGRAMS !!!! ) Never once have I argued for a move based on my title alone . Just keep your opinions to yourself and I will do the same . Which was where we were headed before you chimed in

Except you are obviously incapable of keeping your opinions to yourself. I'm not going to agree to ignore you insulting me. That doesn't even make sense.

You have called me a weak player. You have called me a know-it-all. You have accused me of cheating using engines. You have thrown endless passive aggressive attacks at me, from the database comments, to Fischer's GM age, and more.

You can't repeatedly insult someone and then tell them to just drop the whole thing, that's not how it works, sorry.
"If you want this forum to be full of half-baked philosophy discussions between pompous faggots like yourself forever, stay the course captain vanilla" - FakeSteve[TPR], 2006
MrProphylactic
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
296 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-10 06:03:24
September 09 2011 20:14 GMT
#1138
On September 10 2011 05:11 jdseemoreglass wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2011 04:57 MrProphylactic wrote:
On September 10 2011 04:54 jdseemoreglass wrote:
He says this site was great until SC2 was released? I can't comment on that, but I know for a fact this thread was great until prophylactic showed up, now it has turned to shit with his passive-aggressive insults.

From his very first post he was complaining about how this game would be impossible to win, because the players are so weak. He's repeated how weak everyone is several times, and repeated his rank several times as well. This is very specifically what Ng5 warned us away from doing. He said not to make arguments based upon "I'm IM/GM/God." And yet here we are...

He disparagingly refers to me as a lowly "1500 player," even though I stated I don't even have a rating. He claims my database is 50 years old because I provided some games from Spassky. No, the database I'm using is only 4 years old.

I really hate to derail this thread and continue this whole stupid thing, but that's precisely what happens when someone shows up and starts insulting other people: the thread gets derailed. It's a shame too, because up until the last couple moves we were having really good back and forth discussions without having to insult each other's abilities or ratings, etc.

I told myself earlier I was just going to stop responding to it, because I naively thought it would go away. However, he's started the same shit with qrs, and just now threw another passive-aggressive insult at wubu. I really can't see things improving much from this point.

"I would not expect many here to have put the vast amount of hours of work needed to see things from my point of view." You think that we are misrepresenting your "voice-tone"? No, we aren't. You are very clearly stating repeatedly that your opinion is simply superior to everyone else's. That's not how you make arguments here. Show the analysis, that's all anyone cares about in the end.


Here he goes trying to re-flame the fire . Listen you may not like the fact we are resolving this . But if you have nothing more to add but more arguing just keep it to yourself .

"I would not expect many here to have put the vast amount of hours of work needed to see things from my point of view." I stand by this statement ,. It is not an insult just a reality . I am a statistical minority having put so many hours into this game that few would have the amount of time needed , there was nothing negative intended by it .

Or maybe where you come from Tiltled players walk up and down the street as common as ants . lmao
( on a side note I have proved the strenght of my moves based on analysis alone ( some lines which are 24 ply deep ), you are bringing up the fact of my title more than anyone else . I thought it maybe relevant at the beginning of the thread I do not know , TO A CHESS GAME WITHOUT PROGRAMS !!!! ) Never once have I argued for a move based on my title alone . Just keep your opinions to yourself and I will do the same . Which was where we were headed before you chimed in

Except you are obviously incapable of keeping your opinions to yourself. I'm not going to agree to ignore you insulting me. That doesn't even make sense.

You have called me a weak player. You have called me a know-it-all. You have accused me of cheating using engines. You have thrown endless passive aggressive attacks at me, from the database comments, to Fischer's GM age, and more.

You can't repeatedly insult someone and then tell them to just drop the whole thing, that's not how it works, sorry.


The n attempt to keep the whole thing going if you want . But at this point noone else cares, including me and you will be doing it alone. And I still believe all those things, but I see this everyday .
Does it really matter to you what I believe if it is not true ? You seem a little defensive about something that is false .
I am willing to let it all go . If you are not , well that is your problem . Have at it guy
"The Beauty of a move is not in its appearance, but the thought behind it" Nimzovitch
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-09 20:16:16
September 09 2011 20:16 GMT
#1139
+ Show Spoiler +
So what kind of followup are we feeling like after Nbd2?
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
MrProphylactic
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
296 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-09 20:36:30
September 09 2011 20:21 GMT
#1140
On September 10 2011 05:16 Blazinghand wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
So what kind of followup are we feeling like after Nbd2?



+ Show Spoiler +
Wow chess what an interesting idea I almost forgot that is what we are here for . Well on ..a6 I suppose we will have to choose between the bd3 and ba4. Both moves have advantages and disadvantages .
The b3 diagonal left open for our queen or even possibly our knight in some lines can be useful. However, the bishop on d3 puts pressure on the e4 knight and eyes the center more directly . I will start looking at some concrete lines following a6 . 0-0 also seems viable for black . Not sure what the databases say here
"The Beauty of a move is not in its appearance, but the thought behind it" Nimzovitch
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 140 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 436
ProTech139
StarCraft: Brood War
Bale 16
910 14
MaD[AoV]0
League of Legends
JimRising 181
Counter-Strike
fl0m4590
Fnx 555
minikerr3
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox118
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4544
Liquid`Hasu661
Other Games
summit1g4435
Liquid`RaSZi1606
FrodaN529
PPMD232
C9.Mang0185
RotterdaM103
JuggernautJason39
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV205
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream16
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21220
Other Games
• Shiphtur898
• imaqtpie616
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 42m
Patches Events
18h 42m
The PondCast
1d 12h
INu's Battles
1d 13h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.