• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:31
CEST 00:31
KST 07:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8176 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 75

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 73 74 75 76 77 698 Next
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
November 24 2011 18:44 GMT
#1481
If I didn't already had Fallowu NV, I would buy it again T__T such a good game.

Might buy VVVV, this look fun
n_n
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
November 24 2011 18:47 GMT
#1482
On November 25 2011 03:44 FaCE_1 wrote:
If I didn't already had Fallowu NV, I would buy it again T__T such a good game.

Might buy VVVV, this look fun

I should really get around to playing New Vegas.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
Ikonn
Profile Joined October 2009
Netherlands1958 Posts
November 24 2011 19:06 GMT
#1483
oh man I kinda want to buy LA Noire now but I just bought Skyrim and Arkham City unlocks tomorrow so I wouldn't have time to play it anyway

but still :< I hate you steam
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
November 24 2011 19:21 GMT
#1484
On November 25 2011 03:41 Wroshe wrote:
How good is LA Noire? Can't comment on any of the games myself.

Definitely recommend it for 25 dollars. Great game, not much replay value though.

Still torn about whether I should get red orchestra 2...any opinions?
MisterD
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Germany1338 Posts
November 24 2011 19:27 GMT
#1485
VVVVVV has an awesome 8bit soundtrack, get the game and play it to see if you want the soundtrack :p
Gold isn't everything in life... you need wood, too!
Salteador Neo
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Andorra5591 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-24 19:56:18
November 24 2011 19:54 GMT
#1486
Is Fallout New Vegas really a step ahead of the old Fallout 3?

Because I don't want more F3 when I didn't even finish that one >< (tho I had a good long time with it, must admit).
Revolutionist fan
Vaelone
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Finland4400 Posts
November 24 2011 20:08 GMT
#1487
On November 25 2011 04:54 Salteador Neo wrote:
Is Fallout New Vegas really a step ahead of the old Fallout 3?

Because I don't want more F3 when I didn't even finish that one >< (tho I had a good long time with it, must admit).


Imo it felt more like an expansion set in new place rather than a new game, also I enjoyed Fallout 3 much more than NV which was just more of the same that I had enough of in FO3 already.

I don't think you're missing out on anything if you skip it, just my opinion though.
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
November 24 2011 20:15 GMT
#1488
They do make a lot of gameplay improvements though, ADS and better aiming, they do factions and the main quest a lot better. I just think that FO3's setting is alot better.
RA
Profile Joined October 2008
Latvia791 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-24 20:28:37
November 24 2011 20:23 GMT
#1489
F3 GoTY - yes, Fallout: New Vegas - big no-no for me. Don't like the atmosphere, mechanics, it feels bland and butchered. Because VATS is almost useless and it becomes a crippled first person shooter which isn't really a shooter. But if you like desert, cowboys, Las Vegas style, casinos and corresponding types of people without any real futuristic feeling (feels more steampunk for me than sci-fi), you might like it. I hate it. My friend loves that.

LA Noire - very atmospheric, interesting with beautiful story, at the end you'll feel as if you went through a movie of that time, very similar feeling to Hard Rain (they aren't similar mechanic wise). It's not GTA. Misson to mission mostly + bonus missions. It's a good game, I wouldn't pay full price for it, half price, maybe.

On November 25 2011 04:06 Ikonn wrote:
oh man I kinda want to buy LA Noire now but I just bought Skyrim and Arkham City unlocks tomorrow so I wouldn't have time to play it anyway

but still :< I hate you steam


For people like you I think LA Noire is a game you can play even year or two from now, because of it's unique setting and feeling it creates. It's not a contemporary game like ME, AC, MW which you have to complete to know what people like about em.

But if you're not gonna play it any time soon, I suggest wait for X-mas sales, pretty sure it could go even cheaper, like 66%.
Chezus
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands427 Posts
November 24 2011 20:28 GMT
#1490
Have you guys seen the new Humblebundle sale? Technically not a steam sale, but they are steam games. I dunno if that's okay. Anyway, it's a bundle with four indie games (Uplink, Darwinia, Multiwinia and DEFCON). It's a pay-what-you-want type sale, and if you pay more than average (about $4 total) you get Crayon Physics Deluxe and Aquaria aswell.
Also, whatever you choose to pay, you can select the amount that goes to charity (Child's Play and Electronic Frontier Foundation), and the amount that goes to the developers or humble inc themselves.
You can even choose to buy 4 games for $0.01 and donate the one cent to charity :p.

I recommend trying to enter less than a dollar. Something fun will happen .

You guys should check it out, the games are a lot of fun
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-24 22:45:18
November 24 2011 21:11 GMT
#1491
On November 25 2011 04:54 Salteador Neo wrote:
Is Fallout New Vegas really a step ahead of the old Fallout 3?

Because I don't want more F3 when I didn't even finish that one >< (tho I had a good long time with it, must admit).

Fallout: NV is to FO3 what KotOR II is to to KotOR. The gameplay is pretty much the same, and you have to deal with all the bugs that inevitably come with an Obsidian game, but you get the storytelling and quest design from Obsidan's ex-Black Isle writers, rather than Bioware/Bethesda's comparatively trashy writing.

It's still not really a "proper" sequel to FO1/2, but it's very recognisably an Obsidian game.
Moderator
GnarlyArbitrage
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
575 Posts
November 24 2011 21:16 GMT
#1492
Got From Dust for like ten bucks, shit doesn't even work. Got Capsized, wow, SUCH A DEMANDING 2-D GAME! 4 gigs of ram doesn't cut it for this game.

But my beef is really with From Dust, bunch of red boxes appear on the start screen, and it's in a different language. I'm thinking it's a completely unique problem cause I've tried to do some searches for it and absolutely nothing.

So disappoint.
Raidern
Profile Joined February 2005
Brazil3821 Posts
November 24 2011 21:25 GMT
#1493
bought total war mega pack
For the Swarm!
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
November 24 2011 21:37 GMT
#1494
^Same, downloading empire total war now.
Purind
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Canada3562 Posts
November 24 2011 22:12 GMT
#1495
On November 24 2011 18:46 undyinglight wrote:
Are their any good JRPGs on Steam that I should be looking into during this sale? I want to get The Last Remnant if that goes on a larger sale than it is as of current. What else should I be looking into as far as JRPGs or Western games that are done in a similar style to JRPGS?

Thx guys.


Recettear is brilliant and has some awesome dialogue. It's so good I'm gonna buy any EasyGameStation games that get localized or even any games that Carpe Fulgur worked on until I play one that sucks. Yup, that means I'm getting Chantelise even if it doesn't look mind blowingly interesting

I'm keeping my eye on Chantelise, seeing if it'll drop lower. I can accept a $5 price but I'll be kicking myself if I could have saved another buck or two.
Trucy Wright is hot
chocopaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
2072 Posts
November 24 2011 22:37 GMT
#1496
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6447/

Awesome games, awesome deal! Broken Sword will bring you a lot of fun if you like classic point&click adventures, and what kind of gamer are you if you don't? :D
http://twitter.com/lechocopaw
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-24 22:48:15
November 24 2011 22:42 GMT
#1497
On November 25 2011 07:12 Purind wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2011 18:46 undyinglight wrote:
Are their any good JRPGs on Steam that I should be looking into during this sale? I want to get The Last Remnant if that goes on a larger sale than it is as of current. What else should I be looking into as far as JRPGs or Western games that are done in a similar style to JRPGS?

Thx guys.


Recettear is brilliant and has some awesome dialogue. It's so good I'm gonna buy any EasyGameStation games that get localized or even any games that Carpe Fulgur worked on until I play one that sucks. Yup, that means I'm getting Chantelise even if it doesn't look mind blowingly interesting

I'm keeping my eye on Chantelise, seeing if it'll drop lower. I can accept a $5 price but I'll be kicking myself if I could have saved another buck or two.


wait for that 75% off, If you can hold off for winter sale its pretty likely we'll see it.

Has anyone tried out all the fallout NV dlc? Which DLC is worth having?
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
crate
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States2474 Posts
November 24 2011 22:47 GMT
#1498
On November 25 2011 07:12 Purind wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2011 18:46 undyinglight wrote:
Are their any good JRPGs on Steam that I should be looking into during this sale? I want to get The Last Remnant if that goes on a larger sale than it is as of current. What else should I be looking into as far as JRPGs or Western games that are done in a similar style to JRPGS?

Thx guys.


Recettear is brilliant and has some awesome dialogue. It's so good I'm gonna buy any EasyGameStation games that get localized or even any games that Carpe Fulgur worked on until I play one that sucks. Yup, that means I'm getting Chantelise even if it doesn't look mind blowingly interesting

I'm keeping my eye on Chantelise, seeing if it'll drop lower. I can accept a $5 price but I'll be kicking myself if I could have saved another buck or two.

Honestly Chantelise is mostly just more fun than Recettear unless you really liked the item shop bit of Recettear (which I suppose was amusing for a bit, but once you figure it out there's not much else to it). Otherwise it's pretty similar but you have a bit more you can do in combat so it ends up being more fun.

I mean Recettear was still well worth playing but if I had to pick one of the two games it would be Chantelise.
We did. You did. Yes we can. No. || http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/players/crate.html || twitch.tv/crate3333
dazed
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada191 Posts
November 24 2011 22:56 GMT
#1499
On November 25 2011 04:27 MisterD wrote:
VVVVVV has an awesome 8bit soundtrack, get the game and play it to see if you want the soundtrack :p


They should totally upgrade VVVVVV with better graphics/sounds. That would be the fucking nuts
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
November 24 2011 22:59 GMT
#1500
On November 25 2011 07:42 BlueBird. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2011 07:12 Purind wrote:
On November 24 2011 18:46 undyinglight wrote:
Are their any good JRPGs on Steam that I should be looking into during this sale? I want to get The Last Remnant if that goes on a larger sale than it is as of current. What else should I be looking into as far as JRPGs or Western games that are done in a similar style to JRPGS?

Thx guys.


Recettear is brilliant and has some awesome dialogue. It's so good I'm gonna buy any EasyGameStation games that get localized or even any games that Carpe Fulgur worked on until I play one that sucks. Yup, that means I'm getting Chantelise even if it doesn't look mind blowingly interesting

I'm keeping my eye on Chantelise, seeing if it'll drop lower. I can accept a $5 price but I'll be kicking myself if I could have saved another buck or two.


wait for that 75% off, If you can hold off for winter sale its pretty likely we'll see it.

Has anyone tried out all the fallout NV dlc? Which DLC is worth having?

If I remember correctly the second two; the tribal/Indian one and the scifi one.
Prev 1 73 74 75 76 77 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 181
Nina 116
SteadfastSC 66
CosmosSc2 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 456
910 59
Bale 12
League of Legends
Doublelift414
Super Smash Bros
PPMD66
Other Games
summit1g8947
Grubby2851
shahzam540
C9.Mang0233
PiGStarcraft208
Maynarde16
Liquid`Ken12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• musti20045 48
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21253
Other Games
• imaqtpie937
• Shiphtur297
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
29m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 29m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
12h 29m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.