• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:31
CEST 00:31
KST 07:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8204 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 74

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 698 Next
ryerye
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada53 Posts
November 24 2011 04:27 GMT
#1461
On November 24 2011 13:19 dazed wrote:
Steam turns everyone into hoarders. I have a backlog of 50 games but I still have to buy more. $5 for mass effect 2 is too good to pass up but i won't even play it til like 2 years later


LOL, so true. I have games I bought during the summer sale that I haven't even got around to playing yet. And now this holiday sale will add even more to my non played games collection! I guess its good to have a problem of too many games than not enough games to play!
Wroshe
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands1051 Posts
November 24 2011 04:31 GMT
#1462
On November 24 2011 13:19 dazed wrote:
Steam turns everyone into hoarders. I have a backlog of 50 games but I still have to buy more. $5 for mass effect 2 is too good to pass up but i won't even play it til like 2 years later

So true! I still have yet to finish Witcher 2 and I have the entire Assassin's Creed series lined up after that.

-----

Are there any games that you are looking for in particular to buy?

I myself have Fable III on my list, if I can get it for about 12,50€ or less I would buy it. (Basically I want a 66% discount on it). I also have Skyrim on my list but I very much doubt we'll see that on this sale, maybe in the christmas one.
dazed
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada191 Posts
November 24 2011 04:38 GMT
#1463
I never buy any game unless its 75% off or more since I'm never in a rush to get any game.

I'd love to get portal 1-2 at 75% but they've always stayed firm at 66%. I'm like the only guy on steam without portal 1
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-24 04:40:07
November 24 2011 04:39 GMT
#1464
If Skyrim is on sale it'll probably only be 5-10 off most likely. You should be able to pick up Morrowind for real cheap though if you haven't played it. It's already 50% off ($10), but you might be able to wait and pick it up for less :0 If you haven't played Morrowind before you're probably better off getting it instead of Skyrim unless you're anal about the graphics being out of date (and there's probably a mod for that anyways).

@above, they've given away portal 1 for free on more than one occasion.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
dazed
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada191 Posts
November 24 2011 04:52 GMT
#1465
On November 24 2011 13:39 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:

@above, they've given away portal 1 for free on more than one occasion.


Haha yea so I've heard
Yup I'm definitely the only guy on steam without Portal 1
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
November 24 2011 04:56 GMT
#1466
For first timers out there- don't buy any of the non-daily deals until the last day; you never know if the game you're eying will become a daily deal eventually.

As for me, first day has been meh. Considered ME2 since I only played it on Xbox and kinda wanna have a save on PC for ME3, heard good things about Renegade Ops and Orcs must die, but ultimately passed. Already beat Portal 2 on a rented copy for PS3 so skipped that as well.

Hoping newer titles like SR3 go on sale, as unlikely as it is...probably more likely for the december ones (Still unlikely), just really wanna play that game but can't afford it lol.

Other than that not really keeping anything in mind. I'm sure there's tons of games I passed up on earlier in the year that I would pick up and play for cheap, just none of them are coming to mind yet. Witcher 2 maybe. I also haven't played a good FPS in awhile, would jump on one of those if something comes up.
soullogik
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1171 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-24 05:01:09
November 24 2011 05:00 GMT
#1467
i think i saw a walmart ad saying bf3, batman arkham city were all 28$

http://www.theblackfriday.com/ads/walbf/walmart-black-friday-ad9.shtml

pretty damn good deal

considering how amazing those games are
young ho
Doraemon
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Australia14949 Posts
November 24 2011 05:07 GMT
#1468
On November 24 2011 13:52 dazed wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2011 13:39 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:

@above, they've given away portal 1 for free on more than one occasion.


Haha yea so I've heard
Yup I'm definitely the only guy on steam without Portal 1


after playing portal 2 and going back to portal 1 i found that the physics engine in portal 1 wasn't as smooth as portal 2 and made me dizzy =[ made me stop playing as i couldn't last more than 20 minutes per session
Do yourself a favour and just STFU
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
November 24 2011 05:37 GMT
#1469
On November 24 2011 14:00 soullogik wrote:
i think i saw a walmart ad saying bf3, batman arkham city were all 28$

http://www.theblackfriday.com/ads/walbf/walmart-black-friday-ad9.shtml

pretty damn good deal

considering how amazing those games are

physical copies????
In all seriousness I lack the means to get to a Walmart.
undyinglight
Profile Joined December 2008
United States611 Posts
November 24 2011 09:46 GMT
#1470
Are their any good JRPGs on Steam that I should be looking into during this sale? I want to get The Last Remnant if that goes on a larger sale than it is as of current. What else should I be looking into as far as JRPGs or Western games that are done in a similar style to JRPGS?

Thx guys.
Rise Up!
Chrispy
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada5878 Posts
November 24 2011 09:52 GMT
#1471
Awww yeah Mass Effect sale. I've been waiting on this for sooo long.

Except my paypal is lacking .50 cents for the both of them and it takes 8 bloody days for a bank transfer in Canada so I'll have to settle for Mass Effect 1 and hope they put #2 back on sale like they sometimes do.
Retvrn to Forvms
HenL
Profile Joined February 2010
Norway111 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-24 10:37:05
November 24 2011 10:28 GMT
#1472
On November 24 2011 18:46 undyinglight wrote:
Are their any good JRPGs on Steam that I should be looking into during this sale? I want to get The Last Remnant if that goes on a larger sale than it is as of current. What else should I be looking into as far as JRPGs or Western games that are done in a similar style to JRPGS?

Thx guys.


Sequence

Battle system is a rhythm game where you switch between 3 fields, mana, defence and offence, Reminds me of The World Ends With You. Totalbiscuit did a video on it(though he's playing on easy due to an early bug).

Might & Magic Clash of Heroes

Mostly focused on puzzle\tactical combat. Quite good, and has online(and local) multiplayer too.

Haven't played these, but:
Chantelise
Costume Quest
Cthulhu Saves the World & Breath of Death VII Double Pack
Penny Arcade Adventures: Precipice of Darkness Combo Pack
Recettear
Serious Sam: The Random Encounter
Some Mega Drive games like Landstalker, Shining Force etc.
undyinglight
Profile Joined December 2008
United States611 Posts
November 24 2011 10:57 GMT
#1473
On November 24 2011 19:28 HenL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2011 18:46 undyinglight wrote:
Are their any good JRPGs on Steam that I should be looking into during this sale? I want to get The Last Remnant if that goes on a larger sale than it is as of current. What else should I be looking into as far as JRPGs or Western games that are done in a similar style to JRPGS?

Thx guys.


Sequence

Battle system is a rhythm game where you switch between 3 fields, mana, defence and offence, Reminds me of The World Ends With You. Totalbiscuit did a video on it(though he's playing on easy due to an early bug).

Might & Magic Clash of Heroes

Mostly focused on puzzle\tactical combat. Quite good, and has online(and local) multiplayer too.

Haven't played these, but:
Chantelise
Costume Quest
Cthulhu Saves the World & Breath of Death VII Double Pack
Penny Arcade Adventures: Precipice of Darkness Combo Pack
Recettear
Serious Sam: The Random Encounter
Some Mega Drive games like Landstalker, Shining Force etc.


That is a pretty nice list man, thx so much!!! You rock!!! TL Hwaiting!!!
Rise Up!
Belannaer
Profile Joined February 2011
Finland42 Posts
November 24 2011 11:12 GMT
#1474
On November 24 2011 19:57 undyinglight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2011 19:28 HenL wrote:
On November 24 2011 18:46 undyinglight wrote:
Are their any good JRPGs on Steam that I should be looking into during this sale? I want to get The Last Remnant if that goes on a larger sale than it is as of current. What else should I be looking into as far as JRPGs or Western games that are done in a similar style to JRPGS?

Thx guys.


Sequence

Battle system is a rhythm game where you switch between 3 fields, mana, defence and offence, Reminds me of The World Ends With You. Totalbiscuit did a video on it(though he's playing on easy due to an early bug).

Might & Magic Clash of Heroes

Mostly focused on puzzle\tactical combat. Quite good, and has online(and local) multiplayer too.

Haven't played these, but:
Chantelise
Costume Quest
Cthulhu Saves the World & Breath of Death VII Double Pack
Penny Arcade Adventures: Precipice of Darkness Combo Pack
Recettear
Serious Sam: The Random Encounter
Some Mega Drive games like Landstalker, Shining Force etc.


That is a pretty nice list man, thx so much!!! You rock!!! TL Hwaiting!!!


Cthulhu Saves the World & Breath of Death VII Double Pack is basically free for the price it is for sale at the moment and if you like older Final Fantasy games and other similar ones it should be an instant buy. Also what ever you do buy Orcs must die. It is so awesome game and it's really cheap for next 7 hours or so still.

Really nice deals already on the first day. Eagerly waiting for rest of the days.
RA
Profile Joined October 2008
Latvia791 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-24 11:37:56
November 24 2011 11:27 GMT
#1475
If you go for Mass Effect, get the first game.... It's MUCH stronger atmosphere wise and has deeper rpg elements (if ME2 has any at all lol). Besides that the planet exploration on vehichle is a must-have in ME game. Just that factor makes ME much more attractive.
Bache
Profile Joined March 2010
United States26 Posts
November 24 2011 13:55 GMT
#1476
On November 24 2011 07:21 Battleaxe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2011 06:13 wonderwall wrote:
Not advertised anywhere on the main page of the steam sale but The Binding of Isaac is down to 2.50 now, it was cheap when it was $5, would recommend.

I'm still waiting for Civ 5 to be $10 or $5. I created the Civ 5 TL thread and still haven't bought the game T_T


You might be waiting quite a while... Civ5 has been hovering around the 6th-7th most played game on steam since release iirc.


Sweet jesus if binding of isaac is $2.50 I would suggest anyone who hasn't purchased this game to pick it up, especially if you like zelda style dungeons a la link to the past. With randomly generated items and dungeons, the game never gets old. Also relatively challenging



Binding of isaac is great best 5$ i've ever spent on steam imo. Very fun and challenging game.
Scribble
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
2077 Posts
November 24 2011 17:44 GMT
#1477
Last year I ended up with a backlog of 80+ games, mostly through Steam, and had to commit to finishing all of them one after the other within the year. I succeeded and made sure I'd never build a backlog like that again.

Thanksgiving 2011: 23 games, 21 on Steam on my backlog. 13 from yesterday. Luckily a lot of them are indie games or have no set completion point.

I wouldn't have it any other way though. :D

Orcs Must Die, the OddBox, the Dejobaan Collection (including the sequel/semi-sequel/expansion for AAAAA: A Reckless Disregard for Gravity) are highly recommended. Black Ops SP is also a lot more fun than people give it credit for, but at $30 it's a hard sell if you aren't a big enough fan of CoD to already have bought it.

Mass Effect 2 and Portal 2 are no-brainers if you are even remotely into the genres.
Belannaer
Profile Joined February 2011
Finland42 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-24 18:36:04
November 24 2011 18:31 GMT
#1478
Todays sales:
[image loading]

Fallout New Vegas -75% sale includes discount on all the DLCs also. Have my money damnit. Also Monkey Islands are awesome.
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
November 24 2011 18:39 GMT
#1479
Didn't know that, might get lonesome road as it's the only one I'm missing. All the total war games is a good deal as well... Also heard good things about red orchestra...may skip total war idk
Wroshe
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands1051 Posts
November 24 2011 18:41 GMT
#1480
How good is LA Noire? Can't comment on any of the games myself.
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 181
Nina 116
SteadfastSC 66
CosmosSc2 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 456
910 59
Bale 12
League of Legends
Doublelift414
Super Smash Bros
PPMD66
Other Games
summit1g8947
Grubby2851
shahzam540
C9.Mang0233
PiGStarcraft208
Maynarde16
Liquid`Ken12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• musti20045 48
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21253
Other Games
• imaqtpie937
• Shiphtur297
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
29m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 29m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
12h 29m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.