• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:36
CEST 23:36
KST 06:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7730 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 30

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 698 Next
Venality
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States57 Posts
July 04 2011 01:47 GMT
#581
On July 04 2011 09:50 Enervate wrote:
Ok just bought AC2 thanks to you guys.

Also, off-topic, but for anyone interested, New Vegas is on sale for 10 bucks at Best Buy. It's 37.50 right now on Steam after the 25% off so I doubt it's gonna get cheaper for the sale. Just sayin, cuz now I have Dragon Age, New Vegas, and AC2 on my to-play list.

Well now I need opinions from anyone that has them.

Should I get Dragon Age: Origins, or Fallout: New Vegas. I played a little of Fallout 3, and I enjoyed it. I have never played Dragon Age, but I have played some of Mass Effect and really enjoyed that.

Is Dragon Age super linear, or is it a free-roam RPG?
freddievercetti
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
224 Posts
July 04 2011 01:55 GMT
#582
On July 04 2011 10:47 Venality wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2011 09:50 Enervate wrote:
Ok just bought AC2 thanks to you guys.

Also, off-topic, but for anyone interested, New Vegas is on sale for 10 bucks at Best Buy. It's 37.50 right now on Steam after the 25% off so I doubt it's gonna get cheaper for the sale. Just sayin, cuz now I have Dragon Age, New Vegas, and AC2 on my to-play list.

Well now I need opinions from anyone that has them.

Should I get Dragon Age: Origins, or Fallout: New Vegas. I played a little of Fallout 3, and I enjoyed it. I have never played Dragon Age, but I have played some of Mass Effect and really enjoyed that.

Is Dragon Age super linear, or is it a free-roam RPG?


Dragon Age is linear if you compare it to Oblivion/Fallout in terms of how free you are to go anywhere. There are places you can miss though, so its not like Final Fantasy 13 type of linear.
dbddbddb
Profile Joined April 2010
Singapore969 Posts
July 04 2011 02:27 GMT
#583
On July 04 2011 10:47 Venality wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2011 09:50 Enervate wrote:
Ok just bought AC2 thanks to you guys.

Also, off-topic, but for anyone interested, New Vegas is on sale for 10 bucks at Best Buy. It's 37.50 right now on Steam after the 25% off so I doubt it's gonna get cheaper for the sale. Just sayin, cuz now I have Dragon Age, New Vegas, and AC2 on my to-play list.

Well now I need opinions from anyone that has them.

Should I get Dragon Age: Origins, or Fallout: New Vegas. I played a little of Fallout 3, and I enjoyed it. I have never played Dragon Age, but I have played some of Mass Effect and really enjoyed that.

Is Dragon Age super linear, or is it a free-roam RPG?


DAO is awesome. just go get it. or download it if you know what i mean.
Wroshe
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands1051 Posts
July 04 2011 05:14 GMT
#584
On July 04 2011 03:29 Venality wrote:
I see that Dragon Age: Origins with all expansions/DLC is only $10.20. I have always thought about getting this game, would it be worth my money to get it, or should I wait to see what tomorrows sales are instead?

Get it. I have had massive enjoyment of Dragon Age: Origins with about 150 hours or so of playtime. Dragon Age II on the other hand was a lot less enjoyable for me and that shows with 30 hours of playtime.
Dance.
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States389 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-04 15:38:57
July 04 2011 05:35 GMT
#585
Edit: taken.

Steam summer sale is the greatest thing ever!
It is what it is...
Bloodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands1384 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-04 06:18:52
July 04 2011 06:16 GMT
#586
while trying to start Transformers, I get a message: failed to connect to key server, anyone got this as well?

[edit] oh lol, apparently loads of people have this, something about steam not having bought enough keys from the publisher? haha.
I'll bite this hand that feeds me, and take it for my own!
Butigroove
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Seychelles2061 Posts
July 04 2011 06:28 GMT
#587
Magicka is soooooo much fun with 3 buddies

Love love love steam sales.
beach beers buds beezies b-b-b-baaanelings
MoonfireSpam
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1153 Posts
July 04 2011 06:33 GMT
#588
On July 04 2011 15:16 Bloodash wrote:
while trying to start Transformers, I get a message: failed to connect to key server, anyone got this as well?

[edit] oh lol, apparently loads of people have this, something about steam not having bought enough keys from the publisher? haha.


If you manage to play it before the sale ends, would you mind posting your opinions on it? Very tempted to buy it ^^

Ah and the Valve Pack is really sick. L4D2, Portal 2, CS:S, DoD:S, HL2 for £24. I might buy it just for Portal 2 and L4D2.
zoLo
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States5896 Posts
July 04 2011 06:36 GMT
#589
Transformers: War for Cybertron is fun and it's the best Transformers game so far. The game got a lot of mixed reviews from sites though, but it maintains an average 7.5 - 8
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
July 04 2011 06:40 GMT
#590
On July 04 2011 15:33 MoonfireSpam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2011 15:16 Bloodash wrote:
while trying to start Transformers, I get a message: failed to connect to key server, anyone got this as well?

[edit] oh lol, apparently loads of people have this, something about steam not having bought enough keys from the publisher? haha.


If you manage to play it before the sale ends, would you mind posting your opinions on it? Very tempted to buy it ^^

Ah and the Valve Pack is really sick. L4D2, Portal 2, CS:S, DoD:S, HL2 for £24. I might buy it just for Portal 2 and L4D2.


Absolutely worth it.

I still think the story in the Half-Life series is worth checking out, even though it's a really old game now (actually surprisingly old, wtf O_o). Don't go into it expecting the gameplay to be NEXT LEVEL FPS MAGIC but immerse yourself...BECOME GORDON FREEMAN...and I think you'll enjoy it.
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
CrazyCow
Profile Joined August 2010
United States308 Posts
July 04 2011 07:15 GMT
#591
Just got Torchlight for $2.99, totally worth it. Heard really good things about it.
MoonfireSpam
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1153 Posts
July 04 2011 07:22 GMT
#592
On July 04 2011 15:40 Torenhire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2011 15:33 MoonfireSpam wrote:
On July 04 2011 15:16 Bloodash wrote:
while trying to start Transformers, I get a message: failed to connect to key server, anyone got this as well?

[edit] oh lol, apparently loads of people have this, something about steam not having bought enough keys from the publisher? haha.


If you manage to play it before the sale ends, would you mind posting your opinions on it? Very tempted to buy it ^^

Ah and the Valve Pack is really sick. L4D2, Portal 2, CS:S, DoD:S, HL2 for £24. I might buy it just for Portal 2 and L4D2.


Absolutely worth it.

I still think the story in the Half-Life series is worth checking out, even though it's a really old game now (actually surprisingly old, wtf O_o). Don't go into it expecting the gameplay to be NEXT LEVEL FPS MAGIC but immerse yourself...BECOME GORDON FREEMAN...and I think you'll enjoy it.


Ah what I meant was that I have everything except L4D2 and Portal 2 since I got the orange box aaaaages ago. Maybe I can trade the spares if I end up buying it or something ^^

Assassins Creed also seems like a good buy all 3 for £17 and seems to have gotten good reviews too. Vids remind me of Arkham Asylum style play but in Renaissance Italy :D
zoLo
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States5896 Posts
July 04 2011 07:27 GMT
#593
On July 04 2011 16:22 MoonfireSpam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2011 15:40 Torenhire wrote:
On July 04 2011 15:33 MoonfireSpam wrote:
On July 04 2011 15:16 Bloodash wrote:
while trying to start Transformers, I get a message: failed to connect to key server, anyone got this as well?

[edit] oh lol, apparently loads of people have this, something about steam not having bought enough keys from the publisher? haha.


If you manage to play it before the sale ends, would you mind posting your opinions on it? Very tempted to buy it ^^

Ah and the Valve Pack is really sick. L4D2, Portal 2, CS:S, DoD:S, HL2 for £24. I might buy it just for Portal 2 and L4D2.


Absolutely worth it.

I still think the story in the Half-Life series is worth checking out, even though it's a really old game now (actually surprisingly old, wtf O_o). Don't go into it expecting the gameplay to be NEXT LEVEL FPS MAGIC but immerse yourself...BECOME GORDON FREEMAN...and I think you'll enjoy it.


Ah what I meant was that I have everything except L4D2 and Portal 2 since I got the orange box aaaaages ago. Maybe I can trade the spares if I end up buying it or something ^^

Assassins Creed also seems like a good buy all 3 for £17 and seems to have gotten good reviews too. Vids remind me of Arkham Asylum style play but in Renaissance Italy :D


The game is NOTHING like Arkham Aslyum. The only similarity it has is using stealth at some parts in the game. Arkham Asylum is linear while Assassin's Creed is more of a sandbox game.
Brett
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Australia3823 Posts
July 04 2011 07:27 GMT
#594
Bought Torchlight this morning for $3.

How can you go wrong at that price????
Bloodash
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands1384 Posts
July 04 2011 07:29 GMT
#595
On July 04 2011 15:33 MoonfireSpam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2011 15:16 Bloodash wrote:
while trying to start Transformers, I get a message: failed to connect to key server, anyone got this as well?

[edit] oh lol, apparently loads of people have this, something about steam not having bought enough keys from the publisher? haha.


If you manage to play it before the sale ends, would you mind posting your opinions on it? Very tempted to buy it ^^

Ah and the Valve Pack is really sick. L4D2, Portal 2, CS:S, DoD:S, HL2 for £24. I might buy it just for Portal 2 and L4D2.


I'll probably get home just as new sales have started, but zoLo summarized it nicely, I knew it wasn't a perfect game but I'm sure its better then the movie transformer games
I'll bite this hand that feeds me, and take it for my own!
dbddbddb
Profile Joined April 2010
Singapore969 Posts
July 04 2011 08:31 GMT
#596
Everyone just go buy torchlight. 3 bucks? GOD DAMN.
Brees
Profile Joined January 2010
Marshall Islands3404 Posts
July 04 2011 08:47 GMT
#597
eh its 3 dollars for a reason, not really that great of a game unless you just like mindlessly spamming auto attack through monsters that are too easy
Brees on in
DerNebel
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Denmark648 Posts
July 04 2011 09:07 GMT
#598
On July 04 2011 16:27 zoLo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2011 16:22 MoonfireSpam wrote:
On July 04 2011 15:40 Torenhire wrote:
On July 04 2011 15:33 MoonfireSpam wrote:
On July 04 2011 15:16 Bloodash wrote:
while trying to start Transformers, I get a message: failed to connect to key server, anyone got this as well?

[edit] oh lol, apparently loads of people have this, something about steam not having bought enough keys from the publisher? haha.


If you manage to play it before the sale ends, would you mind posting your opinions on it? Very tempted to buy it ^^

Ah and the Valve Pack is really sick. L4D2, Portal 2, CS:S, DoD:S, HL2 for £24. I might buy it just for Portal 2 and L4D2.


Absolutely worth it.

I still think the story in the Half-Life series is worth checking out, even though it's a really old game now (actually surprisingly old, wtf O_o). Don't go into it expecting the gameplay to be NEXT LEVEL FPS MAGIC but immerse yourself...BECOME GORDON FREEMAN...and I think you'll enjoy it.


Ah what I meant was that I have everything except L4D2 and Portal 2 since I got the orange box aaaaages ago. Maybe I can trade the spares if I end up buying it or something ^^

Assassins Creed also seems like a good buy all 3 for £17 and seems to have gotten good reviews too. Vids remind me of Arkham Asylum style play but in Renaissance Italy :D


The game is NOTHING like Arkham Aslyum. The only similarity it has is using stealth at some parts in the game. Arkham Asylum is linear while Assassin's Creed is more of a sandbox game.

Yeah, Arkham Asylum is a linear story-driven game while AC2 gives you freedom between missions to go where you please. I liked the Batman game better, but AC2 was also awesome (apart from the desmond segments).
Vaelone
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Finland4400 Posts
July 04 2011 11:30 GMT
#599

AC2 was also awesome (apart from the desmond segments).


Yeah I never played AC1 and went straight to AC2 so all the interruptions by Desmond scenes felt completely out of place. The game would have been better for me if it just told story of Ezio and skipped the Desmond scifi scenes.

I guess if you play all the games, then Desmond scenes make more sense. To me it still feels like they are trying to add more stuff into the games than is necessary.
Resilient
Profile Joined June 2010
United Kingdom1431 Posts
July 04 2011 11:39 GMT
#600
Well the Desmond story gives them a reason to randomly zip through time/assassin/unlock "memories"/locations and have a convoluted plot. I find it refreshing to sometimes switch back to Desmond and see what's going on in present time.

There are less "interruptions" in Brotherhood though. The Desmond plot is actually more choice-based as you can choose to leave the Animus and talk to Lucy etc only if you want to.
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 264
Nina 109
SteadfastSC 99
StarCraft: Brood War
910 62
Bale 12
Super Smash Bros
PPMD42
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1000
Other Games
summit1g7173
Grubby2254
shahzam643
C9.Mang0194
Liquid`Ken4
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 69
• Hupsaiya 38
• Hinosc 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21308
Other Games
• imaqtpie839
• Shiphtur291
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 24m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 24m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
13h 24m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.