• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:05
CEST 00:05
KST 07:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7851 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 141

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 139 140 141 142 143 698 Next
Lizarb
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark307 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-13 23:22:39
July 13 2012 23:21 GMT
#2801
AI War Bundle 66% off, if you like a different take on RTS.
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/8281/

I can recommend this, plus its a small development team that are super open with the community.
Only thing I know is that I know nothing.
gn1k
Profile Joined July 2010
United States441 Posts
July 13 2012 23:25 GMT
#2802
Well I voted for Assassin's Creed Revelations, so now I gotta buy it. I heard it wasn't as good as the other games, but I loved AC2 and Brotherhood so I guess I should play it. Also Terraria is amazing for anyone that doesn't own it already. I am sure I have suggested it before during other steam sales, but I have 187 hours on my copy and I like it much more than minecraft.
Creator of Street Empires and APM TD
DongLongJohnson
Profile Joined July 2012
Germany143 Posts
July 13 2012 23:30 GMT
#2803
Any AC after AC2 was a color-copy and isn't worth the money. If you played AC2 you have seen everything the franchise has to offer.
OKMarius
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway469 Posts
July 13 2012 23:32 GMT
#2804
Go buy Jade Empire at 50%! Most overlooked Bioware game there is. Better than most of their games imo.
Ysellian
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands9029 Posts
July 13 2012 23:46 GMT
#2805
^Looks interesting and I've always heard good things about it. The setting is really underused too, we really need more games in ancient china. I'll probably wait till the last day though to see if it doesn't go any lower before then.
zoLo
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States5896 Posts
July 13 2012 23:46 GMT
#2806
On July 14 2012 08:30 DongLongJohnson wrote:
Any AC after AC2 was a color-copy and isn't worth the money. If you played AC2 you have seen everything the franchise has to offer.


I disagree. I thought Brotherhood was a solid game that is well worth the money. It had good tweaks to the combat system, better amount of side missions, a cool Assassin Guild feature, pretty good/fun multiplayer, etc. The story was well put together and it felt important for it to be a stand alone game and how it affected the characters. I can't say the same for Revelations since it was not a good quality game and you can skip it and be find when Assassin's Creed III comes. You might want to just YouTube the cutscenes/cinematics and the ending if you're curious.
FlamingForce
Profile Joined September 2011
Netherlands701 Posts
July 13 2012 23:56 GMT
#2807
The Oddboxx is only 7 bucks or something now, awesome collection of the 4 games released by Oddworld Inhabitants, if you haven't heard of Oddworld, go look at their games, you'll see why they call it "Odd" world.

Also, why the fuck haven't you heard of Oddworld?
Neurosis
Profile Joined October 2010
United States893 Posts
July 13 2012 23:57 GMT
#2808
On July 14 2012 08:30 DongLongJohnson wrote:
Any AC after AC2 was a color-copy and isn't worth the money. If you played AC2 you have seen everything the franchise has to offer.


Pretty much. But AC3 looks interesting, finally they're at least changing the scenery.
nortorius
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada1210 Posts
July 13 2012 23:59 GMT
#2809
Ys: The Oath in Felghana and Ys Origin are on sale for $5.09 and $11.99 respectively. I highly recommend both games if you like action/platforming and wicked boss fights, although you might want to wait and see if they become daily deals at some point (as everyone has already mentioned)
Terranist
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2496 Posts
July 14 2012 00:02 GMT
#2810
On July 14 2012 08:17 L3gendary wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2012 06:19 Terranist wrote:
in for sf4. anno looks amazing too. hoping for civ5 and sins of a solar empire soon.


civ5 is already 50% off but you might as well wait till the end of the sale just in case. However, i doubt it'll drop lower than that. Maybe there will be a combo with the expansion.


i'm in no big rush since i will be occupied with other games first, but i would definitely like 66% or possibly 75% off in a daily deal.
The Show of a Lifetime
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
July 14 2012 00:08 GMT
#2811
On July 14 2012 04:14 DystopiaX wrote:
how does SF4 play on PC? I can hook up my xbox controller so that's not a problem just wondering if there's any weird porting issues.

Otherwise I can try and fail at learning this game on a different platform again!


It's the best version. System requirements aren't too demanding (any 3-year-old system will be able to run it at 60+ fps with no drops), load times are faster, and there's a pretty decent-sized playerbase too.

I recommend against using a controller to learn the game though. It's quick at first but in the long run I feel you'll have more success just using your keyboard. The trick is remapping the buttons so that spacebar = up (jump) and left/down/right are a sequence of three keys (I think it's commonly D, F, G respectively?) Then you just map LP/MP/HP/LK/MK/HK to numpad 4/5/6/1/2/3 and hit them just like they were stick buttons. Takes a little getting used to but without the terrible terrible dpad of the Xbox controller, you have a greater probability of executing moves properly.
Moderator
Rikiya
Profile Joined March 2011
Japan87 Posts
July 14 2012 00:09 GMT
#2812
Okay, so I'm a recently graduated and got a job kid. I finally have money to spend on my own games. ( YAAAAY)

Ive been reading through the thread and wanted to know what are your guys recommendation for games to buy. I really have never played any single player games and want to have a try at it.

The only games I ever played is basically all the blizzard games, DoTA, LoL, BF3, and DAoC ( BEST GAME OF MY LIFE)
Terranist
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2496 Posts
July 14 2012 00:13 GMT
#2813
On July 14 2012 09:09 Rikiya wrote:
Okay, so I'm a recently graduated and got a job kid. I finally have money to spend on my own games. ( YAAAAY)

Ive been reading through the thread and wanted to know what are your guys recommendation for games to buy. I really have never played any single player games and want to have a try at it.

The only games I ever played is basically all the blizzard games, DoTA, LoL, BF3, and DAoC ( BEST GAME OF MY LIFE)


skyrim, deus ex human revolution, and the witcher 2 are really good places to start.
The Show of a Lifetime
Murdco
Profile Joined June 2011
United States745 Posts
July 14 2012 01:05 GMT
#2814
@Rikiya
From items on sale right now pick up Terraria, its a cheap purchase and it is an amazing time waster.
Another good one on sale is the Portal bundle, co-op in that game is one of the funniest and funnest experiences ever.
Last but by no means least Legend of Grimrock, that game oozes style from the soundtrack to the ambience it is stellar making you feel like you are in a dungeon, be warned though this is an old school dungeon crawler and the control scheme might be a detriment. (of course this is opinion so check out some reviews and stuff to see if they fit your tastes)

Those are games that I can recommend without hesitation but there is a lot of good games that will be on sale these 11 days,
keep the first rule of steam sale in mind though don't buy anything that is not a daily deal until the last day, if a game is not discounted at 50 or 75% it will be at some point and if it's not you can buy it at the end of the sale.
Rookstarz
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada136 Posts
July 14 2012 01:08 GMT
#2815
On July 14 2012 09:13 Terranist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2012 09:09 Rikiya wrote:
Okay, so I'm a recently graduated and got a job kid. I finally have money to spend on my own games. ( YAAAAY)

Ive been reading through the thread and wanted to know what are your guys recommendation for games to buy. I really have never played any single player games and want to have a try at it.

The only games I ever played is basically all the blizzard games, DoTA, LoL, BF3, and DAoC ( BEST GAME OF MY LIFE)


skyrim, deus ex human revolution, and the witcher 2 are really good places to start.


Highly recommend Deus Ex and Witcher 2, you might wanna give a shot to Batman Arkham Asylum then City if you enjoy the first one.
Eben
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States769 Posts
July 14 2012 01:41 GMT
#2816
On July 14 2012 09:09 Rikiya wrote:
Okay, so I'm a recently graduated and got a job kid. I finally have money to spend on my own games. ( YAAAAY)

Ive been reading through the thread and wanted to know what are your guys recommendation for games to buy. I really have never played any single player games and want to have a try at it.

The only games I ever played is basically all the blizzard games, DoTA, LoL, BF3, and DAoC ( BEST GAME OF MY LIFE)



DAOC! Wish people still played that game!
Herper
Profile Joined January 2011
501 Posts
July 14 2012 02:20 GMT
#2817
Wish metro 2033 makes it through
DongLongJohnson
Profile Joined July 2012
Germany143 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-14 02:25:41
July 14 2012 02:23 GMT
#2818
On July 14 2012 09:09 Rikiya wrote:
Okay, so I'm a recently graduated and got a job kid. I finally have money to spend on my own games. ( YAAAAY)

Ive been reading through the thread and wanted to know what are your guys recommendation for games to buy. I really have never played any single player games and want to have a try at it.

The only games I ever played is basically all the blizzard games, DoTA, LoL, BF3, and DAoC ( BEST GAME OF MY LIFE)


Here are my favorite games of the last 10 years. You should play all of them! Don't think games are bad, because they are old.

- MAFIA: City of Lost Heaven | 3rd-Person Shooter 2002 (The Godfather as a game - awesome story)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Repulic | RPG 2003 (one of the best RPGs ever)
- Beyond Good & Evil | Action-Adventure 2003 (Humor, Story, Atmo)
- BioShock | Shooter 2007 (Great story, awesome atmo)
- Fallout 3 | RPG 2008 (Post-Apocalyptic scenario, great freedom, nice story)
- Dragon Age: Origins | RPG 2009 (Lot of choices, great characters, nice combat/gameplay)
- Fallout: New Vegas | RPG 2010 (Basically Fallout3 in a little bit better)
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution | RPG 2011 (Good story and great gameplay if you play stealth-only)
- The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim | RPG 2011 (...)

Of course it depends on genre, if you don't like RPGs this list is pretty much worthless. :D

On July 14 2012 11:20 Herper wrote:
Wish metro 2033 makes it through


Its on greenmangaming right now for -75% and they have a -20% coupon active right now... = ~2€
blabber
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4448 Posts
July 14 2012 02:25 GMT
#2819
Any thoughts on Anno 2070? Looks interesting and got good reviews. Dunno if I'm ready to shell out $25+ though
blabberrrrr
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-14 02:25:59
July 14 2012 02:25 GMT
#2820
No original Deus Ex Dong?

tsk.
Prev 1 139 140 141 142 143 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O141
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason149
BRAT_OK 55
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 948
ZZZero.O 141
Bale 21
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm33
League of Legends
Doublelift4669
JimRising 606
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6077
Other Games
summit1g9955
FrodaN3049
KnowMe216
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1298
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1140
• Shiphtur204
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
56m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 56m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
12h 56m
Monday Night Weeklies
17h 56m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 12h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.