• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:12
CEST 17:12
KST 00:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8555 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 139

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 137 138 139 140 141 698 Next
DongLongJohnson
Profile Joined July 2012
Germany143 Posts
July 13 2012 18:08 GMT
#2761
On July 14 2012 02:39 Candadar wrote:
Get Anno 2070.

It's a great fucking game.

However Ubisoft of course put in the absolutely shit DRM they are oh so known for. Apparently it can be easily bypassed by calling customer support but nonetheless it's kind of bullshit. Max of 3 installations. They eventually changed the graphics card counting as a "new" computer, but still. If you can look by Ubisoft consistently spitting in the face of PC gamers, get Anno 2070. It's definitely one of the better strategy games out there.


No its terrible! Buy Anno 1404 if you like the gameplay.
GraFx
Profile Joined May 2010
United States429 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-13 18:20:03
July 13 2012 18:10 GMT
#2762
I've read so many stories of people buying the game when it isn't on the front page and then crying when it goes to the front page the next day.

Is this your first Steam sale? Never buy anything that isn't on the front page until the very last day.

**EDIT**
Made my point more clear
skipgamer
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia701 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-13 18:11:16
July 13 2012 18:10 GMT
#2763
My picks for today are anno 2070, the indie bundle (for universe sandbox and splice), and from dust.

I highly recommend binding of isaac as well to anyone who doesn't already have it (although this is a given for most people I think.)
Quenchiest
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada286 Posts
July 13 2012 18:14 GMT
#2764
On July 14 2012 03:10 GraFx wrote:
I've read so many stories of people buying the game when it isn't on the front page and then crying when it goes to the front page the next day.

Is this your first Steam sale? Never buy anything off the front page until the very last day.


If you bitch and moan enough to their support line they'll refund you the difference.

It's not worth the headache, though. I know people want stuff NOW but for the general sales it's best to wait until the last day, then buy everything you wanted that didn't show up on the day/flash sales.

Just to further the point, anyway.
zoLo
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States5896 Posts
July 13 2012 18:17 GMT
#2765
lol, I feel sorry for those that bought Max Payne 3 yesterday for $40 when it's on sale for $30 today.
Neurosis
Profile Joined October 2010
United States893 Posts
July 13 2012 18:27 GMT
#2766
On July 14 2012 03:14 Quenchiest wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2012 03:10 GraFx wrote:
I've read so many stories of people buying the game when it isn't on the front page and then crying when it goes to the front page the next day.

Is this your first Steam sale? Never buy anything off the front page until the very last day.


If you bitch and moan enough to their support line they'll refund you the difference.

It's not worth the headache, though. I know people want stuff NOW but for the general sales it's best to wait until the last day, then buy everything you wanted that didn't show up on the day/flash sales.

Just to further the point, anyway.


Gonna give this a shot lol. Man that's the last time I pull the trigger on a deal until the very last minute.
Zeke50100
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2220 Posts
July 13 2012 18:27 GMT
#2767
I'm planning on buying Dungeons of Dredmor, Divine Divnity, and The Binding of Isaac today, considering they're cheap enough. Isaac for $2 is a fantastic deal, having played it before.
Zidane
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States1692 Posts
July 13 2012 18:34 GMT
#2768
I hope they keep slashing those prices. Especially on MP3
XaCez
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden6991 Posts
July 13 2012 18:35 GMT
#2769
I download the Space Marine Demo and played some on normal. I died within 10 minutes. Buying it.

Also, has anyone tried Worms Reloaded?
People get too easily offended by people getting too easily offended by the word rape.
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
July 13 2012 18:38 GMT
#2770
On July 14 2012 03:08 DongLongJohnson wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2012 02:39 Candadar wrote:
Get Anno 2070.

It's a great fucking game.

However Ubisoft of course put in the absolutely shit DRM they are oh so known for. Apparently it can be easily bypassed by calling customer support but nonetheless it's kind of bullshit. Max of 3 installations. They eventually changed the graphics card counting as a "new" computer, but still. If you can look by Ubisoft consistently spitting in the face of PC gamers, get Anno 2070. It's definitely one of the better strategy games out there.


No its terrible! Buy Anno 1404 if you like the gameplay.


Or both

:>

Both are great.
Quenchiest
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada286 Posts
July 13 2012 18:44 GMT
#2771
On July 14 2012 03:34 Zidane wrote:
I hope they keep slashing those prices. Especially on MP3


Seeing as it's 50% off on a daily sale I don't see it going any lower. Unless maybe it gets in on the community vote, but I doubt it'll show up there.
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
July 13 2012 18:44 GMT
#2772
anno2070 would be a lot better of they didnt remove rivaling computer players completely.
(anno 2070 and 1404 only have some scripted NPCs that repeat a senseless pattern that doesnt make any sense gameplay-wise)

The older annos had real opponents and it was much more interesting, they had real trade needs based on their islands and real vulnerable points. They also had real ambitions for the same islands the player had.
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-13 18:53:58
July 13 2012 18:53 GMT
#2773
On July 14 2012 03:44 LaNague wrote:
anno2070 would be a lot better of they didnt remove rivaling computer players completely.
(anno 2070 and 1404 only have some scripted NPCs that repeat a senseless pattern that doesnt make any sense gameplay-wise)

The older annos had real opponents and it was much more interesting, they had real trade needs based on their islands and real vulnerable points. They also had real ambitions for the same islands the player had.


Meh, you know the game industry these days. The dumbing down of everything as series moves on can be applied to most everything, unfortunately. I'll agree that older Anno games are a million times better. But I still love Anno, it's a good game in itself. Plus apparently a space expansion is coming.

Also, Dark Messiah: Might and Magic is super fucking cheap. $2.50. I don't think it's going to get any cheaper at 75% off and it's definitely one of the best games I've ever played. One of the most fun combat systems ever.
gn1k
Profile Joined July 2010
United States441 Posts
July 13 2012 18:55 GMT
#2774
From Dust and Anno 2070 are both quite fun. I only played from dust for 16 hours, but it is a unique experience making little island formations. Anno I played for 67 hours. It is kind of slow to build up your city. I hit lots of road blocks where I wouldn't have enough of a resource type and would have to wait for things for balance out. However it is great getting 5 islands covered with buildings and automated shipping routes keeping all the little systems running smoothly.
Binding of Issac is so cheap and I did enjoy Super Meat Boy, but none of the video I have seen of binding of issac looked any fun. I bought Saints Row 3 last night. I hope I don't hate it as much as I hated saints row 2. The videos I saw made me think the vehicles handle a little less terribly. Felt like I was playing some 8 bit NES driving game in saints row 2. I want to like it because I love all the GTA games so much.
Creator of Street Empires and APM TD
Ghoststrikes
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada1356 Posts
July 13 2012 18:56 GMT
#2775
Wow this indie bundle II seems awesome and I don't have any of these games. If I can't trade something in my inventory for it, I will definitely buy it!
Never say die
Candadar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2049 Posts
July 13 2012 18:58 GMT
#2776
On July 14 2012 03:56 Ghoststrikes wrote:
Wow this indie bundle II seems awesome and I don't have any of these games. If I can't trade something in my inventory for it, I will definitely buy it!


I only have $33 left on my budget...;-;

I want that indie bundle but I'm going to save. I'll see the deals tomorrow first.

Got every Deus Ex game and expansion/DLC for $12 on the flash deal yesterday. That was a steal of the century.
Quenchiest
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada286 Posts
July 13 2012 19:06 GMT
#2777
On July 14 2012 03:55 gn1k wrote:
From Dust and Anno 2070 are both quite fun. I only played from dust for 16 hours, but it is a unique experience making little island formations. Anno I played for 67 hours. It is kind of slow to build up your city. I hit lots of road blocks where I wouldn't have enough of a resource type and would have to wait for things for balance out. However it is great getting 5 islands covered with buildings and automated shipping routes keeping all the little systems running smoothly.
Binding of Issac is so cheap and I did enjoy Super Meat Boy, but none of the video I have seen of binding of issac looked any fun. I bought Saints Row 3 last night. I hope I don't hate it as much as I hated saints row 2. The videos I saw made me think the vehicles handle a little less terribly. Felt like I was playing some 8 bit NES driving game in saints row 2. I want to like it because I love all the GTA games so much.


You think the car handling is terrible in Saints Row 2? It's amazing. It's more arcade like and much less realism. If you didn't like the way cars handled in that game you probably won't like it in Saints Row 3. It's pretty much the exact same.
rebuffering
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada2436 Posts
July 13 2012 19:11 GMT
#2778
On July 14 2012 03:27 Zeke50100 wrote:
I'm planning on buying Dungeons of Dredmor, Divine Divnity, and The Binding of Isaac today, considering they're cheap enough. Isaac for $2 is a fantastic deal, having played it before.


haha i literally bought those same 3 games yesterday, and couldnt be happier, all of them have tonnes of value, divnity is like a 100hr game, dredmor and isaac you can play over and over and never get bored, amazing deals.
http://www.twitch.tv/rebufferingg
GraFx
Profile Joined May 2010
United States429 Posts
July 13 2012 19:11 GMT
#2779
On July 14 2012 03:35 Xacez wrote:
I download the Space Marine Demo and played some on normal. I died within 10 minutes. Buying it.

Also, has anyone tried Worms Reloaded?


Worms is great to play with friends, less fun alone. For how cheap it is I picked up a 4 pack to give to buddies.
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
July 13 2012 19:14 GMT
#2780
how does SF4 play on PC? I can hook up my xbox controller so that's not a problem just wondering if there's any weird porting issues.

Otherwise I can try and fail at learning this game on a different platform again!
Prev 1 137 138 139 140 141 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem148
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 148
Railgan 91
trigger 37
IndyStarCraft 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 52791
Shuttle 8678
BeSt 758
Horang2 493
actioN 235
Larva 201
Sexy 187
ggaemo 138
Soma 137
Last 117
[ Show more ]
Mind 95
Zeus 79
hero 58
Hyun 54
Killer 47
Aegong 46
ToSsGirL 28
Bale 24
PianO 22
Rock 19
NaDa 12
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5269
qojqva2519
Dendi1413
420jenkins476
Fuzer 95
Counter-Strike
fl0m3327
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1165
Liquid`Hasu780
MindelVK2
Other Games
B2W.Neo864
singsing713
Beastyqt600
Mlord452
byalli398
Livibee218
ArmadaUGS212
Hui .196
KnowMe116
QueenE85
Mew2King54
CosmosSc2 33
Chillindude18
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick806
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream60
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 46
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3175
League of Legends
• Nemesis2890
Other Games
• WagamamaTV218
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 48m
Replay Cast
7h 48m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 48m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
19h 48m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 19h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.