• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:10
CEST 15:10
KST 22:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8279 users

Team Liquid FPS Servers - Page 5

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 12 Next All
Mazer
Profile Joined April 2008
Canada1086 Posts
November 20 2010 21:50 GMT
#81
I'll play 1.6 but I'm more used to Source now so that'd be my preference.
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
November 20 2010 22:01 GMT
#82
On November 21 2010 06:16 overt wrote:
@Serejai, I just checked out the TF2 server and had pretty good ping on the East Coast. In my opinion, SourceMod is pretty much a must for a TF2 server. Namely, being able to nominate maps or rtv if a map is unpopular is very helpful. I could probably make a list of a dozen custom maps that would be almost must haves on the server, but I won't as there are plenty of good stock maps. ctf_2fort sucks balls though. If the TF2 server is played on a lot though I'll try to recommend some custom maps that nearly every (good) server has.


Hop on IRC and help me out! I'm taking all suggestions for TF2 as I don't actually own the game myself yet, so I'm relying on you guys to voice what maps you want installed and rotated, and what mods (if any). I'll look at SourceMod and see if I can get it installed later tonight.

On November 21 2010 06:49 Piski wrote:
We need BF:Bad Company 2 servers too!
But I think I might just fire up my old cs and visit the TL's cs servers


Unfortunately, as with Black Ops, you can't host dedicated servers on your own. You have to purchase them If the demand is there I'll consider it, though.

On November 21 2010 06:50 Mazer wrote:
I'll play 1.6 but I'm more used to Source now so that'd be my preference.


What a coincidence! CS:Source server is now online.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
TymerA
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands759 Posts
November 20 2010 22:21 GMT
#83
Wooh project reality fuck yeah :D

I love TL!!! <3
nice.
BhT-
Profile Joined May 2010
Portugal23 Posts
November 20 2010 22:37 GMT
#84
i'll be at the CS:Source server count me in
You only rage, because you want to show your peers that you are better
seanisgrand
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1039 Posts
November 20 2010 22:48 GMT
#85
Will be frequenting the CSS and TF2 servers! Thanks Serejai! Please with the TF2 server leave it as close to stock as possible. Don't touch the respawn timers or maximum player counts. Sourcemod is a MUST though. Some stock maps do blow but there are some amazing customs that are good replacements.

You are awesome!
This is well below quality expected of a post in any forum. -Empyrean
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
November 20 2010 22:51 GMT
#86
I am working on installing Sourcemod now. Should be up soon.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
November 20 2010 23:09 GMT
#87
On November 21 2010 07:51 Serejai wrote:
I am working on installing Sourcemod now. Should be up soon.


Forgot to mention this in the IRC and I have to go to work now but aside from having map votes, rtving, and nominations for TF2 it might be worthwhile to consider setting fixed spread on. Fixed spread is what's used in competitive play and some pubs use it too, basically it makes the pellet spread from shotguns fire in a fixed pattern rather than random. This is important because it eliminates the luck factor of using shotguns and rewards accuracy instead. Since five of the nine classes use shotguns it's pretty important and you can really tell the difference if you play a lot of Scout. Just an idea though, it's a really simple cvar that you can put in if there's interest for it. Demonstration of fixed spread

cvar: tf_use_fixed_weaponspreads "1" (default is 0)
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
November 20 2010 23:18 GMT
#88
I'll look into that then. Also, we've had a fair amount of skirmishes today across CS 1.6, CS:S, and TF:2, as well as a few people waiting for UT2004 and BF2R servers to come up. However, as said before, the amount of games depends on you guys idling in IRC. If IRC has more people, then more games will form. Play on the servers enough and pugs will start adding them to favorites, thus further increase the amount of games going on.

Basically, I'm doing what I can but in the end it's up to you guys to help each game server by hanging out on IRC (even if you don't talk) so we can get matches going as people request them, which in turn will drive pubs to play on our servers as well. It's a win/win for everyone. If you're afk, don't worry about it. Your presence alone helps maintain the IRC channel. And if you join and nobody responds to you, don't just leave after 30 seconds. Afk yourself and check back in a few minutes.

All in all, it's been a pretty good day considering this stuff just went online. Hopefully it will continue to expand a bit over the weekend ^_^
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
Sigmaoctanus
Profile Joined April 2010
42 Posts
November 20 2010 23:26 GMT
#89
Was just playing in the CSS server was a lot of fun thanks for putting up the servers :D
I am Godzilla you are Japan
treekiller
Profile Joined July 2010
United States236 Posts
November 20 2010 23:36 GMT
#90
Halo 1 PC was the best FPS imo. I bet a lot of people would be interested in a server.

[image loading]
All good things must come to an end. Therefore, SC2 will last forever
Ornithorynquez
Profile Joined August 2009
430 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-20 23:50:41
November 20 2010 23:46 GMT
#91
Ho, snap ! :D

I used to be in a "top" french team on Day of defeat 1.3/Source, and a staff member of the main french dod community website; but i stopped playing last year..
Unfortunately i think the DoD1.3 server will be empty, because the game is "quite" dead now (and full of blatant cheaters, let's be honest)

You should try the source version, you got a better chance to gather people onit, unless you get the right map pool.
I have to return some videotapes.
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-20 23:48:34
November 20 2010 23:48 GMT
#92
On November 21 2010 08:36 treekiller wrote:
Halo 1 PC was the best FPS imo. I bet a lot of people would be interested in a server.

OH MY GOD
I agree with this so much. Except that I don't have a legitimate copy of halo 1 so I'd prefer a Halo Trial server... man I used to be so unbelievably good at Halo Trial, but I haven't played in years...
Translator:3
mcJ
Profile Joined May 2009
Denmark322 Posts
November 20 2010 23:50 GMT
#93
Just installed bf2, waiting for the servers! Also mad props for hosting the servers!
paper
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
13197 Posts
November 20 2010 23:52 GMT
#94
On November 21 2010 08:09 overt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2010 07:51 Serejai wrote:
I am working on installing Sourcemod now. Should be up soon.


Forgot to mention this in the IRC and I have to go to work now but aside from having map votes, rtving, and nominations for TF2 it might be worthwhile to consider setting fixed spread on. Fixed spread is what's used in competitive play and some pubs use it too, basically it makes the pellet spread from shotguns fire in a fixed pattern rather than random. This is important because it eliminates the luck factor of using shotguns and rewards accuracy instead. Since five of the nine classes use shotguns it's pretty important and you can really tell the difference if you play a lot of Scout. Just an idea though, it's a really simple cvar that you can put in if there's interest for it. Demonstration of fixed spread

cvar: tf_use_fixed_weaponspreads "1" (default is 0)


+1

Also, disable damage spread (so damage is averaged) and turn off crits please :D
Hates Fun🤔
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
November 21 2010 00:05 GMT
#95
Oh god, Halo:CE? REALLY? I can toss something up, but I personally had nothing but problems with the PC version of that game. Multiplayer was soooooooooooooo laggy and unresponsive. It would be an excuse to give it another chance, though.

So yeah, we'll do that tomorrow then.

Also, few status updates:

UT2004 - Had to reinstall about 20 times because the linux patches are so buggy and corrupted... I won't get into it, but I think I have it working now and hopefully will be up shortly.

BF2 - Haven't started this yet, but will in the next few minutes. The files are downloaded, so I just need to install them.

BF2R - Waiting on a license to run this. Hopefully can have it up tomorrow.

Halo:CE - Will try to toss this up tomorrow.

Urban Terror - Will try to toss this up tomorrow.

Natural Selection 2 - Will try to toss this up tomorrow.

DoD:Source - Will install this later tonight.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
danbel1005
Profile Joined February 2008
United States1319 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-21 00:25:58
November 21 2010 00:23 GMT
#96
Cool Counter Strike 1.6 go go go go
How about some DoD Source ^^?
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

On November 21 2010 09:05 Serejai wrote:
DoD:Source - Will install this later tonight.


tonite? Thats Great Thx
"EE HAN TIMING" Jaedong vs Stork [22 December, 2007] 2set @ Finals EVER OSL.
danbel1005
Profile Joined February 2008
United States1319 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-21 00:35:27
November 21 2010 00:32 GMT
#97
On November 21 2010 07:37 BhT- wrote:
i'll be at the CS:Source server count me in

I'll be there as well till DoD source goes online ^^
"EE HAN TIMING" Jaedong vs Stork [22 December, 2007] 2set @ Finals EVER OSL.
treekiller
Profile Joined July 2010
United States236 Posts
November 21 2010 01:07 GMT
#98
OH MY GOD
I agree with this so much. Except that I don't have a legitimate copy of halo 1 so I'd prefer a Halo Trial server... man I used to be so unbelievably good at Halo Trial, but I haven't played in years...


PM me and Ill set you up. THe full verson of Halo is SOOOO much better, especially Custom Edition. I dont think that will be a problem as ICCUP is not legit either.

I remember being able to run a Halo CE server on the PC. I would recommend getting custom edition. There is also a dedicated server version of Halo. I think most of the lagg problems were due to the fact that Halo was ahead of its time and the computers of that time were too slow.
All good things must come to an end. Therefore, SC2 will last forever
hst
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany29 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-21 01:11:36
November 21 2010 01:09 GMT
#99
i could host a european quake3 server if there's interest.. preferably rocket arena, but if there's enough interest, i'd host any other mod too

on another note: i created a "TLnet" quake live clan. if anyone wants to join, send me a pm.
Unas
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany56 Posts
November 21 2010 01:48 GMT
#100
Uh...
I'll get on the TF2 server some time
Great thing!
Saying "gg" when you're winning essentially has the same effect as gloating, which is a poor quality to showcase to the public.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 601
Railgan 60
MindelVK 24
Codebar 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68375
Calm 10808
Rain 2418
Bisu 2226
FanTaSy 800
Stork 671
Rush 506
soO 481
Soma 247
Snow 218
[ Show more ]
firebathero 213
Last 177
Light 109
Mind 95
hero 88
Pusan 86
Sea.KH 71
Sharp 56
Free 42
ToSsGirL 41
Trap 39
Bale 36
Mong 31
Hm[arnc] 29
Aegong 22
zelot 19
Sexy 16
HiyA 15
yabsab 15
Noble 14
Sacsri 12
Shine 12
IntoTheRainbow 9
scan(afreeca) 7
Rock 5
Terrorterran 5
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc8449
Dendi889
Counter-Strike
fl0m2969
byalli807
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King76
Other Games
gofns38078
singsing2300
B2W.Neo635
Liquid`RaSZi338
Pyrionflax241
Beastyqt135
Hui .113
Happy57
Trikslyr45
Chillindude17
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV212
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 104
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP39
• Response 7
• Dystopia_ 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV493
League of Legends
• Jankos2960
• Nemesis2920
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1355
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 51m
OSC
9h 51m
Replay Cast
9h 51m
OSC
22h 51m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.