• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:48
CEST 15:48
KST 22:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7899 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 541

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 539 540 541 542 543 665 Next
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
May 19 2014 18:57 GMT
#10801
On May 20 2014 03:42 MoonBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2014 03:33 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On May 20 2014 03:08 MoonBear wrote:
On May 20 2014 00:06 deth2munkies wrote:
So it turns out Conspiracy looks really fun AND that Dack Fayden is indeed the greatest thief in the multiverse.

Nathan Holt is pretty cool. His Walking the Planes series is really good.

On the topic of Fetch Lands, I really want them reprinted. Ally or Enemy coloured is fine (Both > Allied > Enemy). While the potential for price spikes is a thing, at the same time these aren't cards on the reserved list. With enemy fetches already in Modern, Allied fetches would make deck building much smoother too since only having enemy colour does make things fairly restrictive.


As a legacy player, I am scared of what would happen to my Windswept Heaths if Modern gets its grubby price hiking hands on them...

I'd be forced to sell them and play other decks! The horror! The humanity! The $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

And instead you can pick up the Blue Fetches and play Legacy the way it was meant to be played.


Never! I will fight the system! lol
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
May 20 2014 08:38 GMT
#10802
On May 20 2014 01:21 Gorsameth wrote:
Fetch shuffles + scry from Theros. Almost sounds like modern

There's absolutely 0 synergy here lol If you scry things to the bottom, you likely don't wanna shuffle because you could draw them back. Opposite if you put them on top.

I just wanna see all the 10 fetches in Modern so I can finally play Grixis Delver :D
The legend of Darien lives on
ZyM
Profile Joined July 2010
Italy50 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-20 17:03:48
May 20 2014 17:03 GMT
#10803
I'm trying to sell a playset of Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth (in italian), but the value doesn't seem very stable atm. What is a fair price in your opinion?
"Starcraft2 better not suck"
caelym
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6430 Posts
May 20 2014 17:26 GMT
#10804
On May 21 2014 02:03 ZyM wrote:
I'm trying to sell a playset of Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth (in italian), but the value doesn't seem very stable atm. What is a fair price in your opinion?

https://www.magiccardmarket.eu/Products/Singles/Planar Chaos/Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-22 15:14:36
May 22 2014 15:14 GMT
#10805
UR Delver is so fun to play... But I wanna make a new list ! With Disrupting Shoals ! Ur PyroNinja deck incoming ah ah ah.
The legend of Darien lives on
RoieTRS
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States2569 Posts
May 22 2014 17:46 GMT
#10806
alright I've spammed a ton of games with RW burn and I'm pretty confident how it plays out against every matchup with good decks. Looking to make another standard deck. Any other really easy decks that are fun to play?
konadora, in Racenilatr's blog: "you need to stop thinking about starcraft or anything computer-related for that matter. It's becoming a bad addiction imo"
Audemed
Profile Joined November 2010
United States893 Posts
May 22 2014 18:39 GMT
#10807
I've been playing Wu devotion the past few weeks, won against everything except G devotion.

3 judge's familiar
4 soldier of the pantheon
4 daring skyjek
4 precinct captain
2 keening apparition
4 fiendslayer paladin
2 heliod
2 ephara
3 archangel of thune
2 elspeth
1 spear of heliod
2 godsend
4 brave the elements
4 temple
4 hallowed fountain
2 mana confluence
3 nykthos
buncha plains

3 dsphere
2 banisher priest
3 deicide
2 rapid hybridization
3 rootborn defenses
2 dryad militant

Beaten multiple monoB (and GB variant), burn (yay fiendslayer) UW control, and some others I cant remember.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
May 22 2014 23:23 GMT
#10808
you might be interested in this list. it doesn't go for the devotion route in terms of nykthos, but it still uses the gods and elspeth.

http://sales.starcitygames.com/deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=66983

Tom Ross has been Top 8'ing all of the local events with that list...I mean, he is Tom Ross, but it shows the list isn't a fluke, (It's from tomoharu saito)

He has a few articles on it too if interested: http://www.starcitygames.com/article/28503_My-Top-Three-for-States.html
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-23 07:36:12
May 23 2014 07:34 GMT
#10809
For those interested, Tom Ross wrote an article about some standard decks, but you can also vote on his next article that'll go into much more detail about whatever deck has the most votes.

http://www.starcitygames.com/article/28545_You-Pick-the-Deck.html

Decks listed are: Boss Sligh, Mono White Midrange (my favorite), Naya Tokens, B/W Humans, Mono Blue ft.. Crystalline Nautilus.

The Monowhite midrange is based off of Tomoharu Saito W/u midrange. Personally I think the blue is worth it, but Tom Ross doesn't. Regardless, I think it's a pretty interesting standard deck that has potential.
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
May 26 2014 17:57 GMT
#10810
So I played more in Modern.
I hate Young Pyromancer and cantrips. I think I'm starting to hate Delver too. Too much variance and risk !

I'm now playing the Hoogland version with Spellstutter Sprites and will soon move to my own version with more Ninjas, Cryptics, and Shoals :3
The legend of Darien lives on
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
May 26 2014 21:06 GMT
#10811
On May 27 2014 02:57 mr_tolkien wrote:
So I played more in Modern.
I hate Young Pyromancer and cantrips. I think I'm starting to hate Delver too. Too much variance and risk !

I'm now playing the Hoogland version with Spellstutter Sprites and will soon move to my own version with more Ninjas, Cryptics, and Shoals :3


Why not just go full ninja/bear/delver at that point?
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-27 08:52:13
May 27 2014 08:47 GMT
#10812
On May 27 2014 06:06 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2014 02:57 mr_tolkien wrote:
So I played more in Modern.
I hate Young Pyromancer and cantrips. I think I'm starting to hate Delver too. Too much variance and risk !

I'm now playing the Hoogland version with Spellstutter Sprites and will soon move to my own version with more Ninjas, Cryptics, and Shoals :3


Why not just go full ninja/bear/delver at that point?

Because Phantasmal Bear is a terrible card. I played around 100 games with Ninja Bear Delver and it's just a bad control deck. 90% of the games it wins are through Cryptics/Snap cryptics, but Phantasmal Bears + Delver don't help at all in that optic.

Going into a full-on Ur control build (with real removal instead of Vapor Snags) would allow the Ninja to perform as the win condition, and that's all we really want. Rebuying ETB cards like Clique, Sprite, and Snapcaster allows you to get even moar value !
The legend of Darien lives on
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
May 27 2014 16:43 GMT
#10813
I don't think I'll ever like the ETB acronym over the "187 creature" descriptor. Man I feel old...
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
May 28 2014 08:30 GMT
#10814
On May 28 2014 01:43 Thieving Magpie wrote:
I don't think I'll ever like the ETB acronym over the "187 creature" descriptor. Man I feel old...

187 is stupid, doesn't describe anything, and has no real origin (it was supposed to be for ETB destroy effects).

ETB is easily understood and clearer. Your point makes no sense.
The legend of Darien lives on
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
May 28 2014 15:15 GMT
#10815
On May 28 2014 17:30 mr_tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2014 01:43 Thieving Magpie wrote:
I don't think I'll ever like the ETB acronym over the "187 creature" descriptor. Man I feel old...

187 is stupid, doesn't describe anything, and has no real origin (it was supposed to be for ETB destroy effects).

ETB is easily understood and clearer. Your point makes no sense.


187 is what we used to call it (police code for homicide) and I remember reading for years the effect described as such in articles and tourney reports and even in casual conversation both in person and in forums. Then I leave the game for almost a decade and suddenly the lingo is all different.

Its arbitrary in the end, and ETB is both more user friendly and doesn't require knowledge of the american legal system. But we could just as easily call them trigger creatures, assists, or any other random terminology that sounds cool. A decade ago it was 187, today its ETB, ten years from now it will be something else. Its how it goes.

I feel old because of that shift.
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
May 28 2014 15:33 GMT
#10816
Nekratal reference?
Get it by your hands...
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
May 28 2014 15:36 GMT
#10817
On May 29 2014 00:33 Judicator wrote:
Nekratal reference?


Oh nekratal. Nekratal and the Sex Monkey are the first 187 creatures I think of every damn time I'm trying to think of one to add to any deck in any format.

"Is nekratal legal in this format?" I always have to think to myself.
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
May 28 2014 16:29 GMT
#10818
I thought nekrataal was card number 187 in the set. hmm
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
May 28 2014 16:40 GMT
#10819
On May 29 2014 01:29 mordek wrote:
I thought nekrataal was card number 187 in the set. hmm


That's what I thought too.
Get it by your hands...
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
May 29 2014 19:04 GMT
#10820
187 is the name of the drugged out character Coolio plays in the worst movie of all time: Dracula 3000.
Prev 1 539 540 541 542 543 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1070
RotterdaM535
SteadfastSC290
TKL 215
Rex120
CosmosSc2 35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 535
SteadfastSC 290
TKL 215
Rex 115
CosmosSc2 32
Codebar 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45081
Shuttle 2519
Jaedong 1117
Calm 1044
Horang2 810
Mini 624
actioN 544
EffOrt 530
Soulkey 479
Soma 360
[ Show more ]
Stork 301
Rush 294
Larva 282
BeSt 221
Snow 192
ZerO 171
firebathero 133
Mong 119
Zeus 106
Last 91
910 74
Mind 68
hero 67
Free 66
Hyun 58
Sharp 56
Yoon 46
PianO 39
Pusan 34
sorry 34
Shinee 32
JYJ 26
Bale 25
Shine 25
Hm[arnc] 24
ToSsGirL 22
Sexy 22
Aegong 21
HiyA 21
Terrorterran 15
scan(afreeca) 12
Rock 10
Sacsri 10
Noble 10
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4998
Dendi1276
canceldota66
Counter-Strike
fl0m1862
Fnx 550
edward49
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King172
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes585
Lowko390
Other Games
gofns22591
singsing2178
olofmeister1170
hiko588
B2W.Neo337
DeMusliM228
Livibee184
Pyrionflax166
Liquid`VortiX119
QueenE73
Trikslyr60
Khaldor54
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1455
Other Games
BasetradeTV175
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH175
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2035
• Jankos1437
• TFBlade512
Other Games
• Shiphtur673
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 12m
The PondCast
20h 12m
INu's Battles
21h 12m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.