• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:48
CEST 15:48
KST 22:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7984 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 542

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 540 541 542 543 544 665 Next
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
May 29 2014 20:34 GMT
#10821
What are some of your favorite cards in terms of artwork?
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
RoieTRS
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States2569 Posts
May 29 2014 20:40 GMT
#10822
On May 19 2014 03:44 WindWolf wrote:


Khans of Tarkir is the name for the next block. Big/small/big with a twist, that is interesting

There is mtg lore? I can't think of anything more needless
konadora, in Racenilatr's blog: "you need to stop thinking about starcraft or anything computer-related for that matter. It's becoming a bad addiction imo"
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
May 29 2014 20:56 GMT
#10823
On May 30 2014 05:34 mordek wrote:
What are some of your favorite cards in terms of artwork?


Although I'm a Rebecca Guay fanboy, this is my favorite mtg artwork.

[image loading]
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
May 29 2014 22:04 GMT
#10824
On May 30 2014 05:34 mordek wrote:
What are some of your favorite cards in terms of artwork?


Deathpact Angel is my favorite in recent memory:

[image loading]
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
May 30 2014 02:52 GMT
#10825
Islands. From Ravanica.
Get it by your hands...
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
May 30 2014 07:40 GMT
#10826
The alternate art path to exile, there are actually a lot I love though.
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
May 30 2014 08:29 GMT
#10827
On May 30 2014 11:52 Judicator wrote:
Islands. From Ravanica.


This one?

[image loading]

I have to personally go with Selective Memory or Jace vs Chandra Counterspell
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
June 02 2014 23:00 GMT
#10828
On May 30 2014 05:34 mordek wrote:
What are some of your favorite cards in terms of artwork?


Standard sets:
mythic - Archangel of Thune, Godsend
rare - Imposing Sovereign, Mizzium Mortars, Rest in Peace, Godless Shrine
uncommon - Izzet Staticaster
common- Leafcrown Dryad... maybe that's just because I want to open them in drafts :V

Not-Standard:
Eternal Witness; promo Restoration Angel; Wydwen, the Biting Gale; Tragic Slip; Baneslayer Angel; Geist of St. Traft; Karmic Guide (new art on old border would be perfect...); old Lightning Bolt; Giant Growth with the big mouse
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
June 02 2014 23:22 GMT
#10829
On May 30 2014 16:40 BlueBird. wrote:
The alternate art path to exile, there are actually a lot I love though.


Everything she does is pure beauty imho.
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
June 03 2014 00:07 GMT
#10830
Hm. Off the top of my head Llorwyn block as a whole is worth mentioning. Love the art there.

For specific cards from the newer sets... some of the new Shockland art like Godless Shrine, promo Celestial Colonnade, promo Lighting Bolt, FTV Grove of the Burnwillows (the wallpaper version is much better than the card), DotP Chandra Nalaar (ok not a card but w/e) and Counterflux.

For older cards Fact of Fiction (EoTYL), and stuff by the Foglios (like Cloud Pirates and Sleight of Hand) or Rebecca Guay (like Dark Ritual and Abundance) Her Lorwynn stuff is amazing too.
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24803 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-03 00:45:40
June 03 2014 00:45 GMT
#10831
Oh I'll put a few cards I like also:

M13: Switcheroo (cute)
Gatecrash: Enter the infinite (so abstract!)
My last choice will be pretty unpopular but I love it:
M14: Enlarge!
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
June 03 2014 00:53 GMT
#10832
On June 03 2014 09:45 micronesia wrote:
Oh I'll put a few cards I like also:

M13: Switcheroo (cute)
Gatecrash: Enter the infinite (so abstract!)
My last choice will be pretty unpopular but I love it:
M14: Enlarge!


I fucking love the giant kitten.
.AK
Profile Joined September 2010
United States561 Posts
June 07 2014 18:44 GMT
#10833
Is there any must read beginner guides for Magic? Just recently picked up some cards and was wondering where I could get some basic strategy for playing / deck building. I have no intentions of creating the next meta buster but being able to look at cards and from a deck that sorta works would be extremely nice.

I found this guys guides on the wizards website and they seem decent but I have no way of knowing whether or not I am getting legit advice or if its outdated. http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Archive.aspx?author=Jeff Cunninghamhttp://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Archive.aspx?author=Jeff%20Cunningham
Other then that I think I will just keep looking at cards but I have a feeling I will be doing that for as long as I play Magic haha.
All hail the glorious I sell T.Vs at Best Buy || #1 REQUIZEN FANBOI || IGN: .AK/BEST ANTIMAGE NA || Plat IV ADC Main
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
June 07 2014 18:56 GMT
#10834
This Reddit post has a lot of great articles that are worth reading.
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
RagequitBM
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada2270 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-08 00:06:26
June 08 2014 00:04 GMT
#10835
Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014 was free for two days on steam so I decided to try it. I see why magic is the most popular card game now. Such a deep, and fun experience even in just the gimped planeswalkers game. Guess it's time to invest some money and check out mtgo

Also I think blue cards are my favorite artwork wise, they all look so cool.
Twitch.tv/Ragequitbm for all the fans
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
June 09 2014 06:25 GMT
#10836
+ Show Spoiler [Birds. The deck. In Modern.] +

4 Judge's Familiar
4 Serra Avenger
4 Pride of the Clouds
4 Spiketail Hatchling
3 Aven Mindcensor
4 Squadron Hawk

3 Mana Leak
3 Remand
2 Path to Exile

3 Leyline of Anticipation
2 Sword of Fire & Ice
1 Sword of War & Peace
1 Sword of Feast and Famine

4 Hallowed Fountain
4 Glacial Fortress
2 Celestial Colonnade
2 Moorland Haunt
5 Island
5 Plains

Sideboard:
3 Stony Silence
3 Ghost Quarter
3 Torpor Orb
1 Baneslayer Angel
3 Rest in Peace


Testing that right now. Got top 4 at the PTQ he was told to run it as a joke. Apparently it shits on GB, but loses pretty badly to Tron.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
June 09 2014 06:54 GMT
#10837
On June 08 2014 09:04 RagequitBM wrote:
Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014 was free for two days on steam so I decided to try it. I see why magic is the most popular card game now. Such a deep, and fun experience even in just the gimped planeswalkers game. Guess it's time to invest some money and check out mtgo

Also I think blue cards are my favorite artwork wise, they all look so cool.


Tried that thing free as well.

Felt endlessly frustrated because I was used to MTGO queuing me every time I had priority, so I kept missing EoT plays. Also beat the campaign/sealed/challenges in like 3 hours. Not sure how these games are supposed to be worth full retail.

Should really install MTGO again, but it's such a damn money sink...must avoid the temptation.
Average means I'm better than half of you.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
June 09 2014 07:04 GMT
#10838
On May 30 2014 05:34 mordek wrote:
What are some of your favorite cards in terms of artwork?

What was the original card with the frog man with 4 arms?
It was like cool as shit when they game was first getting advertised lol
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
June 09 2014 12:25 GMT
#10839
On June 09 2014 16:04 arb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2014 05:34 mordek wrote:
What are some of your favorite cards in terms of artwork?

What was the original card with the frog man with 4 arms?
It was like cool as shit when they game was first getting advertised lol

I just took a trip down memory lane and went through the alpha and beta sets but didn't see anything. I'm really curious which card you are talking about though.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
June 09 2014 19:21 GMT
#10840
On June 09 2014 21:25 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2014 16:04 arb wrote:
On May 30 2014 05:34 mordek wrote:
What are some of your favorite cards in terms of artwork?

What was the original card with the frog man with 4 arms?
It was like cool as shit when they game was first getting advertised lol

I just took a trip down memory lane and went through the alpha and beta sets but didn't see anything. I'm really curious which card you are talking about though.

I remember in Nintendo power when they were advertising the game, it was liek a wrestle + a frog doll getting into a machine and that thing coming out.

Sadly thats been a long time ago lol
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Prev 1 540 541 542 543 544 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1070
RotterdaM535
SteadfastSC290
TKL 215
Rex120
CosmosSc2 35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 535
SteadfastSC 290
TKL 215
Rex 120
CosmosSc2 35
Codebar 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45081
Shuttle 2519
Jaedong 1117
Calm 1044
Horang2 810
Mini 624
actioN 544
EffOrt 530
Soulkey 479
Soma 360
[ Show more ]
Stork 301
Rush 294
Larva 282
BeSt 221
Snow 192
ZerO 171
firebathero 133
Mong 119
Zeus 106
Last 91
910 74
Mind 68
hero 67
Free 66
Hyun 58
Sharp 56
PianO 39
Pusan 34
sorry 34
Shinee 32
JYJ 26
Bale 25
Shine 25
Hm[arnc] 24
ToSsGirL 22
Sexy 22
Aegong 21
HiyA 21
Terrorterran 15
scan(afreeca) 12
Rock 10
Sacsri 10
Noble 10
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4998
Dendi1276
Counter-Strike
fl0m1842
Fnx 575
edward49
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King170
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes585
Lowko371
Other Games
gofns24318
singsing2178
olofmeister1284
hiko588
B2W.Neo337
DeMusliM228
Livibee188
Pyrionflax166
Liquid`VortiX119
Khaldor76
QueenE73
Trikslyr60
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1455
Other Games
BasetradeTV172
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH175
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2035
• Jankos1437
• TFBlade463
Other Games
• Shiphtur663
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 12m
The PondCast
20h 12m
INu's Battles
21h 12m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.