• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:03
CEST 23:03
KST 06:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6726 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 539

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 537 538 539 540 541 665 Next
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
May 14 2014 15:36 GMT
#10761
On May 15 2014 00:22 whoso wrote:
jumping into legacy might be a bit of a stretch, modern however is somehing im kinda interested in and merfolk is also somewhat of a thing there right?

nonetheless, at the current rate vaults are looking to drop to something like 10$ if they dont get reprinted? kinda made up that number but yeah it droppet pretty badly online recently


Yeah, online vs paper is a very different meta/ballgame.

Paper Mutavaults are in the low $30's for example and is more expensive than most legacy cards.
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
May 14 2014 23:32 GMT
#10762
nyx fleece ram confirmed broken.

[image loading]


(Notice the other ram in the graveyard and the archangle and elspeth under my Banishing Light)
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
May 16 2014 12:17 GMT
#10763
Tonight I'll take a Sliver deck to Standard FNM.
Wish me luck.

From my testing it's really decent now with Mana Confluence.
The legend of Darien lives on
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
May 16 2014 14:08 GMT
#10764
Good luck brave soul
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
May 16 2014 16:23 GMT
#10765
How do you test a deck?
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
May 16 2014 16:31 GMT
#10766
On May 17 2014 01:23 slOosh wrote:
How do you test a deck?


I'm not certain about this question. Do you mean, by yourself or with friends?

I use cockratice to test my decks solo (you can download it) I also used to proxy decks and test them against myself by playing both sides. Very time intensive and uses up a lot of ink/paper/sleeves (hence my switch to digital testing). If you're talking about Magic Online idk, but you can download Cockratice and test your deck using "optimal card choices" and then when you switch to real/online cards you know what to buy/trade for.
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-16 17:05:47
May 16 2014 17:05 GMT
#10767
On May 17 2014 01:23 slOosh wrote:
How do you test a deck?


Need to be more specific, you mean the process itself or the technicalities?
Get it by your hands...
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
May 16 2014 18:02 GMT
#10768
I guess, what is the process of testing a deck solo. Right now I goldfish (?) with it, where I just assume the opponent does nothing and I practice different lines and such. I'm wondering if there are other ways to goldfish or stuff to do. I feel that I might be missing something and I'm not practicing well.
caelym
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6430 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-16 18:41:16
May 16 2014 18:40 GMT
#10769
Check out Cockatrice (google woogerworks) or just take your deck to FNM.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-16 19:30:28
May 16 2014 19:09 GMT
#10770
On May 17 2014 03:02 slOosh wrote:
I guess, what is the process of testing a deck solo. Right now I goldfish (?) with it, where I just assume the opponent does nothing and I practice different lines and such. I'm wondering if there are other ways to goldfish or stuff to do. I feel that I might be missing something and I'm not practicing well.


Testing the deck solo doesn't really tell you anything in my opinion unless you are aware of the opponent's lines in the first place aka match up knowledge. The MtG lines that exist for you deck isn't like a chess line where the opponent is limited to one move and you are working with perfect knowledge (you see the whole game state), so goldfishing only provides a very basic does this deck function in terms of mana.

Edit:

I guess to actually answer your question, playtest with other people or use a third party program like Cockatrice to test online. You get your reps in and you become more aware of the cards. Doesn't help at all at building a sideboard though.
Get it by your hands...
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
May 16 2014 19:37 GMT
#10771
On May 17 2014 04:09 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2014 03:02 slOosh wrote:
I guess, what is the process of testing a deck solo. Right now I goldfish (?) with it, where I just assume the opponent does nothing and I practice different lines and such. I'm wondering if there are other ways to goldfish or stuff to do. I feel that I might be missing something and I'm not practicing well.


Testing the deck solo doesn't really tell you anything in my opinion unless you are aware of the opponent's lines in the first place aka match up knowledge. The MtG lines that exist for you deck isn't like a chess line where the opponent is limited to one move and you are working with perfect knowledge (you see the whole game state), so goldfishing only provides a very basic does this deck function in terms of mana.

Edit:

I guess to actually answer your question, playtest with other people or use a third party program like Cockatrice to test online. You get your reps in and you become more aware of the cards. Doesn't help at all at building a sideboard though.


It does tell you a lot of timings.

After 20 goldfish sessions, how many removal/burn/cantrip/creatures/etc... do I draw?
After 20 goldfish sessions, what turn do I normally miss my land drop?

Other then that, its useless. But those statistical numbers are very important to know.
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-17 18:23:31
May 17 2014 18:23 GMT
#10772
So... With Mana Confluence, I tried Slivers in Standard. Everybody here should know that I'm a spike first and foremost but I also am a guy willing to try EVERY archetype before choosing one to play competitively.

I went 3/1 with my only loss being to very poor draws. I beat monoU and monoB devotion pretty easily, as well as control. The confluences allow you to play 4 mutavaults main deck as well, even while playing 5 colors (statistically, it checks out).

I feel that this deck is a legit competitor in the field at the moment. Here was my list :

Creatures: 30
4 Galerider Sliver
3 Striking Sliver
4 Manaweft Sliver
4 Predatory Sliver
4 Sentinel Sliver
2 Blur Sliver
3 Syphon Sliver
3 Bonescythe Sliver
3 Megantic Sliver

Spells: 7
4 Boros Charm
3 Domri Rade

Lands: 23
2 Breeding Pool
4 Mana Confluence
4 Mutavault
3 Sacred Foundry
2 Steam Vents
4 Stomping Ground
4 Temple Garden


For next FNM, I'll try a Warrior's Lesson build instead of Domri, he actually didn't do much for me as Slivers have trouble fighting one on one usually. I also tried a Beck//Call build but it's just too janky.
The legend of Darien lives on
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
May 18 2014 00:27 GMT
#10773
Wizards, how the fuck do you not have instant replay at a pro tour in this day and age? You look soooo fucking professional trying to count cards through unravel the aethers, psychic intrusions, and courser of kruphix on like turn 20.
Get it by your hands...
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22648 Posts
May 18 2014 00:48 GMT
#10774
On May 18 2014 09:27 Judicator wrote:
Wizards, how the fuck do you not have instant replay at a pro tour in this day and age? You look soooo fucking professional trying to count cards through unravel the aethers, psychic intrusions, and courser of kruphix on like turn 20.

Even worse they do all that because a spectator commented on something while you have 2 commentators and half a dozen people around the table looking in and not seeing a thing.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
May 18 2014 12:41 GMT
#10775
Technically it's pretty annoying to have to setup live re-stream of the action to the judges for edge cases like this one. Most of the time, nothing of importance happens.
The legend of Darien lives on
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
May 18 2014 18:44 GMT
#10776


Khans of Tarkir is the name for the next block. Big/small/big with a twist, that is interesting
EZ4ENCE
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
May 18 2014 18:56 GMT
#10777
"An old thing that everybody asked for is coming back"

My money is on allied fetches... Like everybody I guess ?
The legend of Darien lives on
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
May 18 2014 20:00 GMT
#10778
Horsemanship and Flanking, GOGOGO!
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
May 18 2014 20:55 GMT
#10779
Man I love Chapin but he got so lucky in this top 8 ah ah ah xD
The legend of Darien lives on
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
May 18 2014 21:46 GMT
#10780
On May 19 2014 05:00 deth2munkies wrote:
Horsemanship and Flanking, GOGOGO!


!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
Prev 1 537 538 539 540 541 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 144
ZombieGrub43
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15125
Calm 1839
scan(afreeca) 24
Bale 14
Dota 2
febbydoto21
LuMiX1
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King56
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4416
Liquid`Hasu706
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2170
shahzam541
RotterdaM352
WinterStarcraft326
C9.Mang0285
ToD275
Dewaltoss52
JuggernautJason43
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 25
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 15
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1127
Other Games
• imaqtpie1086
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
12h 57m
INu's Battles
13h 57m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
15h 57m
OSC
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 1h
OSC
2 days
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.