• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:49
CEST 04:49
KST 11:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6857 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 537

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 535 536 537 538 539 665 Next
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
May 07 2014 18:17 GMT
#10721
Ok so here are some cards I've considered to make the sideboard (I guess tweaking numbers happens the more I play different matchups and see where the deck needs help). Is there anything here that isn't that good, or something that isn't here that would be good?

Duress (discard)
Abrupt Decay (D Sphere / light, Scooze, aggro stuff)
Sin Collector (discard + early pressure)
Blood Baron of Vizkopa (against aggro / burn)
Centaur Healer (against aggro / burn)
Consign to Dust (enchantment hate)

Also, this is something I've considered (in general, not just sideboard, but maybe replacing Vraska), but not sure how good it is.
Ajani, Mentor of Heroes (pressure + card draw)
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
May 07 2014 18:24 GMT
#10722
On May 08 2014 03:17 slOosh wrote:
Ok so here are some cards I've considered to make the sideboard (I guess tweaking numbers happens the more I play different matchups and see where the deck needs help). Is there anything here that isn't that good, or something that isn't here that would be good?

Duress (discard)
Abrupt Decay (D Sphere / light, Scooze, aggro stuff)
Sin Collector (discard + early pressure)
Blood Baron of Vizkopa (against aggro / burn)
Centaur Healer (against aggro / burn)
Consign to Dust (enchantment hate)

Also, this is something I've considered (in general, not just sideboard, but maybe replacing Vraska), but not sure how good it is.
Ajani, Mentor of Heroes (pressure + card draw)


As you play at your FNMs more you'll eventually cut a lot of the cards in your side depending on their meta. The cards you have a good if you have no clue what you're facing. A little bit of everything and all that.

The Ajani vs Vraska is all about what you expect the role you need is. Ajani is much better at card draw and grinding out wins. Vraska is more about being able to answer whatever your opponent have. Vraska needs less support than Ajani, so I'm really a bigger fan of her than Ajani.
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
May 08 2014 04:50 GMT
#10723
Force of Will and SOFAF as judge promos. FOW with alternate art, and SOFAF with Old Card Boarder. SO much do I want these. I might just have to start doing that judge thing lol.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
May 08 2014 05:30 GMT
#10724
My eye is on that sweet Elesh Norn. Mmmmm.

(Reference)
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
May 08 2014 10:55 GMT
#10725
Ajani has a very big problem though : his ulti is not threatening at all.

You'll just +1 ad vitam eternam.
The legend of Darien lives on
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
May 08 2014 14:11 GMT
#10726
On May 08 2014 19:55 mr_tolkien wrote:
Ajani has a very big problem though : his ulti is not threatening at all.

You'll just +1 ad vitam eternam.


This is countered by the fact that Vraska's +1 is as threatening as a $6 bill.
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
May 08 2014 16:13 GMT
#10727
If you don't have an Eidolon of Blossoms out, Ajani is literally whatever. Ajani + another PW is trouble. I think the card may get better once Sphinx rotates out simply because the only deck really want it against are all of the Sphinx decks where a card engine keeps you drawing threats, but its really not that great in most place.

Vraska I think is very positioned right now due to its semi-vindicate ability, while the +1 or the ultimate isn't threatening, it's a just buying you more vindicates the longer its in play.
Get it by your hands...
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
May 08 2014 16:23 GMT
#10728
On May 09 2014 01:13 Judicator wrote:
If you don't have an Eidolon of Blossoms out, Ajani is literally whatever. Ajani + another PW is trouble. I think the card may get better once Sphinx rotates out simply because the only deck really want it against are all of the Sphinx decks where a card engine keeps you drawing threats, but its really not that great in most place.

Vraska I think is very positioned right now due to its semi-vindicate ability, while the +1 or the ultimate isn't threatening, it's a just buying you more vindicates the longer its in play.


Well yeah,

I did say that I preferred her over Ajani

And I still want to live the dream of killing with assassin tokens
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
May 08 2014 16:29 GMT
#10729
Yea, the only place I would want it would probably be against control, since I can pretty much go over most midrange decks.

Is it worth going -, +, +, - to save her at 1 loyalty, or is it usually the right call to just go -,+,- ?
I'm not sure how much weight I should put in protecting her for 3 turns for another vindicate.
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
May 08 2014 16:43 GMT
#10730
On May 09 2014 01:29 slOosh wrote:
Yea, the only place I would want it would probably be against control, since I can pretty much go over most midrange decks.

Is it worth going -, +, +, - to save her at 1 loyalty, or is it usually the right call to just go -,+,- ?
I'm not sure how much weight I should put in protecting her for 3 turns for another vindicate.


I'm of the opinion that -, +, - is always the right call unless you have removal in hand.

-, +, +, - is you wanting Assassin tokens (I admit that's why I do it)
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
May 08 2014 16:46 GMT
#10731
When you guys talk about Vraska like that it begs a comparison to lillianna of the veil. Its not pretty
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
May 08 2014 16:50 GMT
#10732
I was thinking of -, +, +, -, +, +, - . Because in certain matchups it seems kinda doable?
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
May 08 2014 16:50 GMT
#10733
Actually I take that back, I don't think I've played enough to know the impact of my 1 of.
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
May 08 2014 17:18 GMT
#10734
On May 09 2014 01:50 slOosh wrote:
I was thinking of -, +, +, -, +, +, - . Because in certain matchups it seems kinda doable?


Its more to do with the tempo of the game. -, +, +, - is ALWAYS better long game, but never be afraid to -, +, - to survive right now. And when you're a deck that is dropping high cc spells, its very easy to get on the back foot.

Vraska's win ult/soft lock is not your deck's primary win condition, and its best to not lose sight of that. Sometimes she's just good as a 2-1 board clear if that's what you need to stabilize with an Elspeth in play. Also, if you ever get the godly -, +, -, recur Vraska, - again then you'll feel like a champ.
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
May 08 2014 17:57 GMT
#10735
Once I minused Vraska, they Banishing Light it, I played Ashen Rider popping Banishing Light and got to minus Vraska again. It felt real good. I will have to try this triple pop next.
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
May 08 2014 18:33 GMT
#10736
On May 09 2014 02:57 slOosh wrote:
Once I minused Vraska, they Banishing Light it, I played Ashen Rider popping Banishing Light and got to minus Vraska again. It felt real good. I will have to try this triple pop next.


That line of play just gives me the vapors, oh lordy!
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
May 08 2014 22:08 GMT
#10737
Will anyone be at SCG Knoxville?
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
May 09 2014 12:33 GMT
#10738
Man the wide screen MTGO is just a train wreck... I really hope they just scrap it and start from scratch for a new version...
The legend of Darien lives on
Tarias
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Netherlands480 Posts
May 09 2014 13:18 GMT
#10739
I saw it on Kenji's stream a bit, and heard a lot of people whining about it in chat. But to me the new client looked to be mostly an improvement over the old one. Everything thing being so white and bright annoyed be a bit, but that easy to fix. What do you think makes it a train wreck?
Go big, or go home!
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
May 09 2014 13:35 GMT
#10740
It's not responsive, its design and space use is terrible, it doesn't work well on my Virtual Machine on Mac, it's slow, it takes friggin gigs in RAM (and never goes down), and it doesn't bring anything new.

As most people say, they need a complete overhaul of Magic Online, not some poor cosmetic changes with a program that has crazy memory leaks. This current beta has been going on for years and is still in a terrible state. I used it for 3 months when I started on Magic Online and I'll never play on it again, because the current V3 is just plain better.
The legend of Darien lives on
Prev 1 535 536 537 538 539 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 196
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17802
Rain 1565
GuemChi 716
NaDa 23
Bale 19
Dota 2
monkeys_forever476
NeuroSwarm201
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
summit1g7064
taco 560
minikerr46
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1128
Mew2King98
Other Games
WinterStarcraft567
JimRising 565
C9.Mang0189
ViBE131
ZombieGrub15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick990
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 179
• davetesta36
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt297
• Lourlo151
Other Games
• Scarra959
• Shiphtur581
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 11m
INu's Battles
8h 11m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
10h 11m
OSC
19h 26m
Replay Cast
20h 11m
OSC
1d 20h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.