• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:43
CEST 20:43
KST 03:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9584 users

World of Tanks - Page 11

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 69 Next
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
October 30 2010 06:14 GMT
#201
So did anyone watch the tournament stream, if so how was it?
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Snipinpanda
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1227 Posts
October 30 2010 10:22 GMT
#202
On October 24 2010 16:44 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
Wish we could vote /kick these lazy ass dipshits that buy Churchill Tanks that charge out ahead and die from two shots, it's not that hard to tech to a KV ya know.


lol Churchills, they're like the worst tanks ever.

I got my SU-8 recently, but the dang thing is retardedly inaccurate and tanks forever for the targetting to focus, and even then iti's pretty inaccurate. Is there anyway to help this? -_-

Granted when it hits, it hits really hard and even the splash is really good, but still, really annoying when it's hard to get 33% accuracy and your firing at 3 rounds/minute...
Phelix
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1931 Posts
October 30 2010 10:49 GMT
#203
Oh yeah, grinding to the SU-14 takes so much time, I quit playing the SU-8. You have to get the feel of the cannon because even a fully aimed tank will miss about 25% of the time.
Venture Capital is better off spent on lottery tickets rather than investing in E-Sports; you'll get a far better return. The difference is simple: Koreans are tryharding at the game, foreigners are tryharding in real-life.
Snipinpanda
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1227 Posts
October 30 2010 10:55 GMT
#204
Yeah, it's really frustrating. Shooting at moving targets is just no, unless if it's like a KV or something.
And then you wait like 6 seconds for it to fully aim, and even then it just misses =/
I'm like 1/10 of the way to SU-14 -_-
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
October 30 2010 11:20 GMT
#205
I personally love the su8/hummel arty tier. I think it's actually the best, as it gives the best balance between mobility and firepower. Su14/S51 hit really hard it's true, but they're slow as fuck and counter-artillery is easy.
My hummel is my favorite vehicle after my KT, you just need to get some experience on your crew, and get used to the vehicle itself, and you'll do good.
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
Phelix
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1931 Posts
October 30 2010 11:32 GMT
#206
Well, the Hummel is better in all regards to that tier of artillery, since it can hit across the map, while the SU-8 is limited to ~800m. The only redeeming aspect of the SU-8 is the cannon able to shoot over hills because of the long barrel, thus being able to hit the turret more often on the enemy tank; otherwise, the Hummel is better at aiming and shooting. Plus, the Hummel gets a top speed of 40, which is basically a Medium Tank speed, meaning that it is able to escape and reposition much more easily than the SU-8.
Venture Capital is better off spent on lottery tickets rather than investing in E-Sports; you'll get a far better return. The difference is simple: Koreans are tryharding at the game, foreigners are tryharding in real-life.
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
November 13 2010 05:52 GMT
#207
American Tanks have been released and nobody has bumped this thread?!
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
November 13 2010 11:53 GMT
#208
Oooh I didnt even know.
Must play. :D
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
November 14 2010 00:11 GMT
#209
Who is Aesdea cause when searching for the TeamLiquid channel that is what pops up.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-15 18:32:33
November 15 2010 06:40 GMT
#210
Oh I just found out there are stats on the internetz and leaderboards (more or less).
http://game.worldoftanks.com/ratings/

Here are my stats :
http://game.worldoftanks.com/accounts/25303-tyriounet/
I'm pretty happy about that 70th place for the xp/game. :D
And I haven't played that much since the soft wipe as you can see, probably would have been better ranked than 282th in overall ranking.

So yeah, I just bought a M6, about to get the T29 and so far it's more a lolheavy than a true heavy. I'm afraid of most of the meds and don't you even mention the other heavies. Plus he's ugly. I really hope the T29 improves the situation.


edit : search for your account stats here :
http://game.worldoftanks.com/accounts
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
November 16 2010 20:07 GMT
#211
Awesome.


Wargaming.net today announced that the population of its highly anticipated free-to-play MMO action game World of Tanks reached 500,000 active players worldwide. The game was released 3 months ago in Russia and reached 350,000 active players (500,000 registrations). In the USA and Europe World of Tanks is still in Closed Beta Test having 150,000 active players (200,000 registrations).
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
Phelix
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1931 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-16 20:16:37
November 16 2010 20:15 GMT
#212
So far, I find the American tanks disappointing. The M3 Grant works as a TD, not a medium tank because of the non-360 turret. Also, they don't have names for some of the tanks, and put generic names.
Venture Capital is better off spent on lottery tickets rather than investing in E-Sports; you'll get a far better return. The difference is simple: Koreans are tryharding at the game, foreigners are tryharding in real-life.
link0
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1071 Posts
November 16 2010 20:46 GMT
#213
Cool looking game. Where do I get a beta key?
http://www.justin.tv/link0 - Gosu.Linko - http://www.facebook.com/link0
xjoehammerx
Profile Joined August 2010
United States191 Posts
November 16 2010 21:36 GMT
#214
pretty sure they closed the beta link0. I tried today and couldn't get in. Completely unrelated, but when are you gonna release a new replay pack link0? or did you release one and i missed it?
I have acquired four score and nineteen difficulties, but a wench cannot be counted amongst them.
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
November 16 2010 22:05 GMT
#215
I haven't played this in like three weeks. >.<
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
yoplate
Profile Joined August 2010
United States332 Posts
November 16 2010 22:26 GMT
#216
Sounds like fun. I applied for a beta key.
link0
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1071 Posts
November 17 2010 00:01 GMT
#217
Seems like the key is still being given away. Will install tonight.
http://www.justin.tv/link0 - Gosu.Linko - http://www.facebook.com/link0
javiskefka
Profile Joined May 2010
United States26 Posts
November 17 2010 00:13 GMT
#218
This game is great. I definitely recommend it.
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
November 17 2010 00:23 GMT
#219
So I bought the T29 about an hour ago and upgraded it a little bit with the rest of the free xp I had.
It's a HUGE improvement over the M6 that I didn't like at all.
It's a tier7 heavy tank and the turret has a frontal armor of 178mm. If you compare it to the russian tier7, the IS only has 100mm frontal. To balance, the hull armor is pretty crappy.
In my 5th or so battle with the tank, I managed to find a nice cover so that only my turret would be exposed and tanked a KT and a few of his buddies for about 30 seconds while my friends pewed them to death. I only lost about 100hp out of the 1100 the tank has, thanks to that amazing front turret armor. Most of the shots dinged off me.
The 90mm cannon is good and the 105 seems even better so I'm not afraid of that (plus the rof is very nice).

So yeah, if you're afraid of going into the american tank tree, don't be. I certainly am not anymore. ^^
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
Xife
Profile Joined September 2009
224 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-17 00:49:07
November 17 2010 00:48 GMT
#220
On November 17 2010 09:23 tyr wrote:
So I bought the T29 about an hour ago and upgraded it a little bit with the rest of the free xp I had.
It's a HUGE improvement over the M6 that I didn't like at all.
It's a tier7 heavy tank and the turret has a frontal armor of 178mm. If you compare it to the russian tier7, the IS only has 100mm frontal. To balance, the hull armor is pretty crappy.
In my 5th or so battle with the tank, I managed to find a nice cover so that only my turret would be exposed and tanked a KT and a few of his buddies for about 30 seconds while my friends pewed them to death. I only lost about 100hp out of the 1100 the tank has, thanks to that amazing front turret armor. Most of the shots dinged off me.
The 90mm cannon is good and the 105 seems even better so I'm not afraid of that (plus the rof is very nice).

So yeah, if you're afraid of going into the american tank tree, don't be. I certainly am not anymore. ^^



I read somewhere in the forums that the higher tier American tanks have 20% more armor currently than they should.

Also, French tank tree

http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/pc/w/o/world-of-tanks-pc-056.jpg
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 69 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 396
ProTech143
UpATreeSC 123
BRAT_OK 90
MindelVK 27
Railgan 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2055
Bisu 993
Shuttle 146
Dewaltoss 111
Trap 29
Bale 25
scan(afreeca) 16
Dota 2
XaKoH 559
420jenkins415
Counter-Strike
fl0m4689
pashabiceps825
Fnx 635
x6flipin216
kRYSTAL_22
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3350
Liquid`Hasu551
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1730
FrodaN885
B2W.Neo337
Livibee175
C9.Mang0154
TKL 92
QueenE81
RotterdaM56
Mew2King34
JuggernautJason13
ToD4
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV242
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 8
• Adnapsc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 41
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2638
• TFBlade787
Other Games
• Shiphtur1011
• imaqtpie721
• WagamamaTV352
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 17m
Patches Events
21h 17m
The PondCast
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.