• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:05
CEST 19:05
KST 02:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9664 users

Minecraft thread - Page 19

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 60 Next
Bash
Profile Joined August 2007
Finland1533 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-01 16:51:01
September 01 2010 16:49 GMT
#361
On September 01 2010 19:55 Edso wrote:
I think what really lured me into this game was all the videos on youtube that showed you how to survive you're first night, and how much of a panick it was to set up a shelter. When the monsters are an actual threat. But then all that gets dulled down when you get a fortress going.

I really want them to add more monsters, a higher difficultly, bosses to accompany the dungeons they have. And a game mode where every night is increasingly harder to survive then the last, and have some online ladder to track how many nights a person survived for.

But it is at the end of the day just a building game, and not the survival horror game I want it to become


I agree. I like all the aspects of the game, the mining, the crafting, the exploring, the building of cool shit, but I do think you could easily make all those be motivated by the incresing threat of monsters past the early stages.

How cool would it be to have all the mining and shit you do be something you would have to do to survive the next night? Getting more efficient with your methods and getting the higher quality equipment would be vital. Maybe later into the game the monsters start to dig toward you (yeah okay this might get a little laggy), maybe even during daytime, and having a fortified area you can control would beneficial, so building that bigass deathfortress on top of that mountain becomes a good idea. Now imagine fending off waves of zombies in the night with pressure plate triggered, automatic gun turrets and keeping close to your personal escape miningcart in case things get a little too hairy... yeah I'm going a little overboard with this rambling, but I guess minecraft is supposed to tickle your creativity, right ?

Anyway, more monsters over time.
I can't sing and I can't dance, but still I know how to clap my hands.
Zhou
Profile Joined February 2009
United States832 Posts
September 01 2010 17:07 GMT
#362
On September 02 2010 01:49 Bash wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2010 19:55 Edso wrote:
I think what really lured me into this game was all the videos on youtube that showed you how to survive you're first night, and how much of a panick it was to set up a shelter. When the monsters are an actual threat. But then all that gets dulled down when you get a fortress going.

I really want them to add more monsters, a higher difficultly, bosses to accompany the dungeons they have. And a game mode where every night is increasingly harder to survive then the last, and have some online ladder to track how many nights a person survived for.

But it is at the end of the day just a building game, and not the survival horror game I want it to become


I agree. I like all the aspects of the game, the mining, the crafting, the exploring, the building of cool shit, but I do think you could easily make all those be motivated by the incresing threat of monsters past the early stages.

How cool would it be to have all the mining and shit you do be something you would have to do to survive the next night? Getting more efficient with your methods and getting the higher quality equipment would be vital. Maybe later into the game the monsters start to dig toward you (yeah okay this might get a little laggy), maybe even during daytime, and having a fortified area you can control would beneficial, so building that bigass deathfortress on top of that mountain becomes a good idea. Now imagine fending off waves of zombies in the night with pressure plate triggered, automatic gun turrets and keeping close to your personal escape miningcart in case things get a little too hairy... yeah I'm going a little overboard with this rambling, but I guess minecraft is supposed to tickle your creativity, right ?

Anyway, more monsters over time.


Eh. The game, again is still in beta so we have time to give it room to grow. Though, I think at this point Notch is just throwing out what comes to mind. I don't really see anything wrong with that, but I think MineCraft will develop creatively before it being turned into a survival game. Especially since SMP is out, there are a bunch of new problems put on top of his giant stack of to-dos.

for now I think, you'd have to make your own little challenges by not making a fort.

As for ideas for him to put in, I'd love to see a night time apocalypse eventually when the time passes for him to update for say all of us TLer's on our own server to bust out some arrows on them or something of the sort. Flying creatures anyone?
wozjflwnl
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada344 Posts
September 02 2010 00:51 GMT
#363
i just bought this game 3-4 days ago and when i went to my mining shaft, while i was digging i reached the unmineable stone and saw this blue thingy that isn't water. anyone know what this is?
pokeyAA
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States936 Posts
September 02 2010 00:52 GMT
#364
Is it diamond? Do you have an iron pick? You can't mine diamonds afaik without one.
Tivo
Profile Joined August 2010
United States121 Posts
September 02 2010 00:58 GMT
#365
On September 02 2010 09:51 Stretsful wrote:
i just bought this game 3-4 days ago and when i went to my mining shaft, while i was digging i reached the unmineable stone and saw this blue thingy that isn't water. anyone know what this is?

probably the fall of doom. I fell through a hole in the unmineable stone I found and fell to my death. Lost all my stuff
Kezzer
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1268 Posts
September 02 2010 01:13 GMT
#366
On September 02 2010 09:58 Tivo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2010 09:51 Stretsful wrote:
i just bought this game 3-4 days ago and when i went to my mining shaft, while i was digging i reached the unmineable stone and saw this blue thingy that isn't water. anyone know what this is?

probably the fall of doom. I fell through a hole in the unmineable stone I found and fell to my death. Lost all my stuff

so did i... i was carrying a diamond pick/shovel and had boatloads of diamond iron from the cave i was mining.
AcePioneer
Profile Joined August 2010
8 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-02 01:55:14
September 02 2010 01:51 GMT
#367
Cool game , might buy it. Especially inspired by Seananners commentary on youtube
ithree
Profile Joined January 2010
443 Posts
September 02 2010 02:25 GMT
#368
On September 02 2010 02:07 Zhou wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2010 01:49 Bash wrote:
On September 01 2010 19:55 Edso wrote:
I think what really lured me into this game was all the videos on youtube that showed you how to survive you're first night, and how much of a panick it was to set up a shelter. When the monsters are an actual threat. But then all that gets dulled down when you get a fortress going.

I really want them to add more monsters, a higher difficultly, bosses to accompany the dungeons they have. And a game mode where every night is increasingly harder to survive then the last, and have some online ladder to track how many nights a person survived for.

But it is at the end of the day just a building game, and not the survival horror game I want it to become


I agree. I like all the aspects of the game, the mining, the crafting, the exploring, the building of cool shit, but I do think you could easily make all those be motivated by the incresing threat of monsters past the early stages.

How cool would it be to have all the mining and shit you do be something you would have to do to survive the next night? Getting more efficient with your methods and getting the higher quality equipment would be vital. Maybe later into the game the monsters start to dig toward you (yeah okay this might get a little laggy), maybe even during daytime, and having a fortified area you can control would beneficial, so building that bigass deathfortress on top of that mountain becomes a good idea. Now imagine fending off waves of zombies in the night with pressure plate triggered, automatic gun turrets and keeping close to your personal escape miningcart in case things get a little too hairy... yeah I'm going a little overboard with this rambling, but I guess minecraft is supposed to tickle your creativity, right ?

Anyway, more monsters over time.


Eh. The game, again is still in beta so we have time to give it room to grow. Though, I think at this point Notch is just throwing out what comes to mind. I don't really see anything wrong with that, but I think MineCraft will develop creatively before it being turned into a survival game. Especially since SMP is out, there are a bunch of new problems put on top of his giant stack of to-dos.

for now I think, you'd have to make your own little challenges by not making a fort.

As for ideas for him to put in, I'd love to see a night time apocalypse eventually when the time passes for him to update for say all of us TLer's on our own server to bust out some arrows on them or something of the sort. Flying creatures anyone?


Conversely I want the exact opposite, at least for some worlds, I begin to setup my nice home, get my barings then boom
[image loading]

Keep getting killed by these fuckers during the day recently, no where near shade. But my problem comes from the fact 'easy' actually means more of the feckers. They don't hurt as much mind, but still. So my nice little 'ome gets a hole and I invariably loss the cool stuff, moving to an island world atm.

Sometimes I just want to build a tower of the gods, or take a stroll through the forests and waterfalls, adventuring can wait another day.

But just to clarify we ain't beta yet, let alone a 'Google' beta, hell moving to 'Alpha' was a step up ! (indev etc)
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
September 02 2010 02:35 GMT
#369
so i just got this game
man, i haven't quite seen a world like mine in any youtube videos. it's snowing, which is nice but not rare, but here's the kicker: there's like flying/hovering ground n shit, with waterfalls. it's really quite something.
here's a coupla screenprints:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


you can *sort of* see the waterfall in the first pic (it's where i'll make my home. XD)
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
September 02 2010 02:39 GMT
#370
This game is absolutely amazing... It's so easy to get lost in it.

I literally just spent 3 hours exploring a random natural cave that I still haven't completely explored. =)
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
Meaon
Profile Joined July 2010
Iceland42 Posts
September 02 2010 04:03 GMT
#371
this game is just so awesome, bought it couple of weeks ago, just so much fun exploring and building stuff, just finished a minecart track between my first base and new base, starting from a high tower, going cross couple of mountains and long way mid air (died couple of times cause of falling down while building it) its so much fun.. took bit time but with 2 minecart boosters i managed to make it so i can go back and forth using same tracks

would reccomend this to everyone, totally worth the 9,95euro's it costs atm
Khaymus
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States750 Posts
September 02 2010 04:40 GMT
#372
Very fun game ^^. I love building my big city of houses in the sky....very far away and safe from the baddies O.O
Let them say we lived in the time of Boxer, Emperor of Terran. Let them say we lived in the time of Nal_rA, Dreamer of Protoss. Let them say we lived in the time of Savior, Master of the Zerg.
THE_DOMINATOR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States309 Posts
September 02 2010 07:12 GMT
#373
I've begun work on my redstone adding machine...shit is gonna be epic.
DOMINATION
eLZyBee
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom34 Posts
September 02 2010 13:49 GMT
#374
I just bought this game and started playing but I can't hack trees down with my hand. The only things I can acquire are wool, flowers, feathers and random twigs. I don't know if there is just reduced functionality so close to the beta move or if something is seriously wrong. Anyone know what's up? am I just a noob and should be pressing ctrl or something?
gg
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
September 02 2010 13:57 GMT
#375
On September 02 2010 22:49 eLZyBee wrote:
I just bought this game and started playing but I can't hack trees down with my hand. The only things I can acquire are wool, flowers, feathers and random twigs. I don't know if there is just reduced functionality so close to the beta move or if something is seriously wrong. Anyone know what's up? am I just a noob and should be pressing ctrl or something?

you need to hold the mouse button down, not just click. it takes a while to dig up stuff without a shovel and a while to cut a tree down without an axe. try that out.
eLZyBee
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom34 Posts
September 02 2010 14:03 GMT
#376
On September 02 2010 22:57 PrinceXizor wrote:
you need to hold the mouse button down, not just click. it takes a while to dig up stuff without a shovel and a while to cut a tree down without an axe. try that out.


Thank you so much! I am saved
gg
anilusion
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden247 Posts
September 02 2010 14:26 GMT
#377
Whats going on with the TL server? haven't been up for some time
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
September 02 2010 15:50 GMT
#378
On September 02 2010 23:26 anilusion wrote:
Whats going on with the TL server? haven't been up for some time


On September 01 2010 19:13 Fontong wrote:
Since less people use it at night anyway, I'm probably just going to leave the server down between about 19:00 to 3:00 KST


It's currently 00:50 KST.
dudeman001
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2412 Posts
September 03 2010 00:41 GMT
#379
Sadface, I finally broke down and bought this game and it's not running Tried everything I could from the minecraft support forum but nothing helped it. I only wonder if it'll be less buggy in beta and so I should hold onto it.
Sup.
plated.rawr
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Norway1676 Posts
September 03 2010 01:23 GMT
#380
On September 03 2010 09:41 dudeman001 wrote:
Sadface, I finally broke down and bought this game and it's not running Tried everything I could from the minecraft support forum but nothing helped it. I only wonder if it'll be less buggy in beta and so I should hold onto it.

What's happening when you try to run it? I had a lot of problems running Minecraft on my stationary, but I got it to work on my laptop. I had to reinstall java and the java 3d platform to make it work.

Also, my stationary's vista while my lappy is 7, which OS are you running?
Savior broke my heart ;_; || twitch.tv/onnings
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 215
ProTech143
UpATreeSC 117
BRAT_OK 57
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3741
Bisu 1832
Soulkey 1171
EffOrt 732
Mini 541
Larva 342
Horang2 250
ZerO 241
actioN 166
ggaemo 159
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 153
hero 85
Mind 77
Sharp 76
Sea.KH 53
Shinee 51
sorry 51
Snow 43
Hyun 41
Barracks 37
Bale 34
Trap 29
Terrorterran 22
ToSsGirL 19
NaDa 18
Rock 13
scan(afreeca) 13
Sacsri 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 8
zelot 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5753
Dendi1419
420jenkins397
XaKoH 352
League of Legends
Reynor74
Counter-Strike
fl0m3784
x6flipin1307
pashabiceps694
Fnx 655
edward28
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes406
Liquid`Hasu223
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1509
Grubby896
hiko831
FrodaN569
XBOCT238
Livibee191
TKL 123
C9.Mang0110
QueenE96
Mew2King40
ZerO(Twitch)24
RotterdaM16
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV216
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 71
• Reevou 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 45
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV696
League of Legends
• Nemesis4041
• TFBlade825
Other Games
• Shiphtur514
• imaqtpie7
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 55m
Patches Events
22h 55m
The PondCast
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.