• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:03
CEST 18:03
KST 01:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)74Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9403 users

Torchlight II - Page 54

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 95 Next
TeamLiquid Steam Group for Torchlight 2
Psyonic_Reaver
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4343 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-23 18:37:45
September 23 2012 18:37 GMT
#1061
I'm playing a tanky sword and board engy. Specing in force field and aegis (force field for allies is so op) and I'm also doing bots. That healing bot is sooooo strong at t3
So wait? I'm bad? =(
zeross
Profile Joined September 2010
France310 Posts
September 23 2012 19:02 GMT
#1062
so the only thing i did wrong for the tower moon robot parts was to play mage with a wand that don't trigger the gong :/
sad i had to read a guide to do this as i would have found it myself if only the wand worked
[17]Purple
Profile Joined October 2011
United Kingdom3489 Posts
September 23 2012 19:12 GMT
#1063
are there any consequences for using console commands?
"Turn Disadvantages into Disadvantages" and "Collect Telephones". The secrets of Chinese success.
recklessfire
Profile Joined September 2010
United States373 Posts
September 23 2012 19:13 GMT
#1064
On September 24 2012 03:37 Psyonic_Reaver wrote:
I'm playing a tanky sword and board engy. Specing in force field and aegis (force field for allies is so op) and I'm also doing bots. That healing bot is sooooo strong at t3


ive been reading aegis and FF dont stack, so its either one or the other depending on your playstyle. I do believe aegis is a stronger shield but only for yourself. FF + max out heal bot is pretty damn amazing.

Im also curious how you are spending your stats. Im currently doing 2:1 vita:dex ratio. Probably gona spend a little bit of points into strength but thats about it.
recklessfire
Profile Joined September 2010
United States373 Posts
September 23 2012 19:13 GMT
#1065
On September 24 2012 04:12 [17]Purple wrote:
are there any consequences for using console commands?


when someone inspects you, theres a yellow triangle right next to your strength, and when they hover their mouse over it, it says you used console commands.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-23 19:24:25
September 23 2012 19:21 GMT
#1066
On September 24 2012 00:20 EchelonTee wrote:
Question: as a mage, if you use a wand that says something like "40-50 fire damage", does that buff the damage to your fire spells, or does that number only apply to auto attacks?

It applies to spells that deal damage based on % weapon DPS. If they deal flat damage, then any damage from your weapon does not apply.

On September 23 2012 07:34 xuanzue wrote:
is the ability DPS scaling with dual wielding wands ?

Dual wielding doesn't inherently increase your DPS (your weapon DPS is averaged between your two weapons). The idea with dual wielding is that the +stat bonuses

Of course, as an Embermage, you may be using a lot of spells that do flat damage, rather than % Weapon DPS, so trading off Weapon DPS for +Focus or other stats might be worth it.
Moderator
RinconH
Profile Joined April 2010
United States512 Posts
September 23 2012 19:25 GMT
#1067
What's the most fun way to play Engineer?
Steveling
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Greece10806 Posts
September 23 2012 19:32 GMT
#1068
On September 24 2012 04:25 RinconH wrote:
What's the most fun way to play Engineer?


Roboengi all the way.
My dick has shrunk to the point where it looks like I have 3 balls.
kafkaesque
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Germany2006 Posts
September 23 2012 19:36 GMT
#1069
On September 23 2012 22:55 hacpee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 23 2012 22:50 ZwuckeL wrote:
On September 23 2012 22:40 hacpee wrote:
On September 23 2012 22:02 ZwuckeL wrote:
I've downloaded the game to see if it's worth the money.

I pretty much enjoyed Diablo 3 until I killed Inferno Diablo. Never really went for a grinding item hunt.

Now with torchlight II , i dont see how this game could be any better than diablo 3 ?

first off, the controls. The first thing your character does when you move it is sliiiiiiiiiiiding to the SPOT. The walking anymations and a lot of other animations are CRAP in this game. The textures are even worse than diablo's (didnt think that was possible, when i saw diablo 3 the first time). The game looks overall like a mod for League of legends.

The font ingame looks like from a game 10 years ago. Also dialoges. I couldnt stand to play it longer than a few hours.

So tell me, what does this game do to make it better than diablo3, for you? Because I dont see it


So you like games based on their graphics and not on gameplay. I can understand, but why not watch a movie instead?


it's also majorly the gameplay/control of your character that sucks in my opinion. see my post above


Seems like you're more concerned about the animations rather than gameplay. Maybe you should be spending your time watching Toy Story instead.


I don't know why, but that made me lough out loudly.
| (• ◡•)|╯ ╰(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
September 23 2012 19:44 GMT
#1070
On September 23 2012 07:23 Zoler wrote:
Playing ember mage, fire specc

I am really nervous I've put a lot of points wrong, if I find out my specc is worthless I would probably lose interest in the game. :/

crap

My current thoughts on Ember Mage:
- Burn debuffs + Fire Brand feels like the core mechanic of the build. Also related is that we want a good Charge generator to increase DPS/smooth out mana management. I've been using Magma Spear as my core spell, because it both burns and hits a lot to proc Fire Blast a lot. Magma Mace feels unwieldy, and Firebombs' targeting feels awkward (both also don't generate Charge, which I feel is a pretty big drawback). Blazing Pillar seemed to be REALLY good for generating Charge, but I haven't had issues with Charge for a while, so I'm holding off on leveling it until I feel I need more Charge generation. I haven't used Infernal Collapse enough to form an opinion--though it feels unwieldy with the build because it neither burns nor hits a lot of times to proc Fire Blast. I'm not 42 yet, but Firestorm seems like a good capstone ability, both for the % fire damage increase, and the fact that the first rank has 100% chance to apply burn.

Some utility stuff to consider in other trees:
- Frost Phase (obviously, cuz it's teleport)
- Elemental Boon (% all resistance AND % elemental damage increase)
- Ice Prison (rank 3 has 10 second duration with 10 second CD, so you can permanently trap one enemy; not sure if any more than that is useful)
- Frozen Fate (1 rank just for some help dealing with crowds; 20% proc chance feels like enough so I don't feel too pressured to get more ranks)
- Prismatic Rift (1 skill point for a 15% chance to randomly save your life? Doesn't seem too bad.)
- Shocking Orb (in the event that Fire Resistance enemies start to become annoying to deal with, this seems like the best core non-Fire spell to use to deal with them)
Moderator
Psyonic_Reaver
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4343 Posts
September 23 2012 19:45 GMT
#1071
On September 24 2012 04:13 recklessfire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2012 03:37 Psyonic_Reaver wrote:
I'm playing a tanky sword and board engy. Specing in force field and aegis (force field for allies is so op) and I'm also doing bots. That healing bot is sooooo strong at t3


ive been reading aegis and FF dont stack, so its either one or the other depending on your playstyle. I do believe aegis is a stronger shield but only for yourself. FF + max out heal bot is pretty damn amazing.

Im also curious how you are spending your stats. Im currently doing 2:1 vita:dex ratio. Probably gona spend a little bit of points into strength but thats about it.


I'm going 2 str 2 vit 1 dex (no focus at all) I'm on vet diff. Sometimes I go full vit or str depending. I mainly play with my wife whose an outlander and FF helps her out while the aegis procs keep me safe plus T3 heal bot op. can't wait for sledge bot. But gun bot and spider mines are great for ape clearing while I just tank. If I do have to kite I got a crossbow.
So wait? I'm bad? =(
shabby
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway6402 Posts
September 23 2012 19:45 GMT
#1072
On September 24 2012 04:13 recklessfire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2012 03:37 Psyonic_Reaver wrote:
I'm playing a tanky sword and board engy. Specing in force field and aegis (force field for allies is so op) and I'm also doing bots. That healing bot is sooooo strong at t3


ive been reading aegis and FF dont stack, so its either one or the other depending on your playstyle. I do believe aegis is a stronger shield but only for yourself. FF + max out heal bot is pretty damn amazing.

Im also curious how you are spending your stats. Im currently doing 2:1 vita:dex ratio. Probably gona spend a little bit of points into strength but thats about it.


If FF is the shield that you throw up, that gets stronger with how many charges you have, I can confirm that they stack. I'm using both, and I often have both up. Aegis doesn't get depleted before your shield does (makes sense since it lasts forever).
Jaedong, Gumibear, Leenock, Byun
Steveling
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Greece10806 Posts
September 23 2012 19:47 GMT
#1073
On September 24 2012 04:45 shabby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2012 04:13 recklessfire wrote:
On September 24 2012 03:37 Psyonic_Reaver wrote:
I'm playing a tanky sword and board engy. Specing in force field and aegis (force field for allies is so op) and I'm also doing bots. That healing bot is sooooo strong at t3


ive been reading aegis and FF dont stack, so its either one or the other depending on your playstyle. I do believe aegis is a stronger shield but only for yourself. FF + max out heal bot is pretty damn amazing.

Im also curious how you are spending your stats. Im currently doing 2:1 vita:dex ratio. Probably gona spend a little bit of points into strength but thats about it.


If FF is the shield that you throw up, that gets stronger with how many charges you have, I can confirm that they stack. I'm using both, and I often have both up. Aegis doesn't get depleted before your shield does (makes sense since it lasts forever).


It's not that. FF is the blue shield.
My dick has shrunk to the point where it looks like I have 3 balls.
shabby
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway6402 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-23 19:48:32
September 23 2012 19:48 GMT
#1074
On September 24 2012 04:47 Steveling wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2012 04:45 shabby wrote:
On September 24 2012 04:13 recklessfire wrote:
On September 24 2012 03:37 Psyonic_Reaver wrote:
I'm playing a tanky sword and board engy. Specing in force field and aegis (force field for allies is so op) and I'm also doing bots. That healing bot is sooooo strong at t3


ive been reading aegis and FF dont stack, so its either one or the other depending on your playstyle. I do believe aegis is a stronger shield but only for yourself. FF + max out heal bot is pretty damn amazing.

Im also curious how you are spending your stats. Im currently doing 2:1 vita:dex ratio. Probably gona spend a little bit of points into strength but thats about it.


If FF is the shield that you throw up, that gets stronger with how many charges you have, I can confirm that they stack. I'm using both, and I often have both up. Aegis doesn't get depleted before your shield does (makes sense since it lasts forever).


It's not that. FF is the blue shield.


The shield im talking about is also blue. It's like skill #2 in the engi tree to the far right. Is there a third shield? It gives shield to allies, as well.
Jaedong, Gumibear, Leenock, Byun
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
September 23 2012 19:53 GMT
#1075
Am I missing something with the robot part quest in act 2? I've hit all 3 gongs and the gate doesn't open
Moderator
zeross
Profile Joined September 2010
France310 Posts
September 23 2012 19:54 GMT
#1076
there is 4 gong
bgx
Profile Joined August 2010
Poland6595 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-23 19:58:24
September 23 2012 19:54 GMT
#1077
Lost my 3rd character on HC elite and in a stupidest way ever, not vs boss, vs simple pack of archers, did not pay enough attention, funnily enough i lost my hc char in similar way lately in Path of Exile ehhh

But its fun, i love how meticulously this game was put together, i was starting the game 3 times already and its not as boring as most arpgs. Randomization is good enough. But this time ill choose another class. I was going 2h Engineer, on my 2nd death i learned that you must have a ranged weapon on switch and its very good, because the dmg output is still good, compared to other arpgs where its not needed really. Not mentioning this game revolves more about movement than other arpgs.

Im slowly getting there, in 1-2 deaths i may build a proper character to finish it. I heard Act 3 is poison related and thats the only spoiler im using

Stork[gm]
Pwere
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1557 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-23 19:57:43
September 23 2012 19:55 GMT
#1078
There are 4 gongs, but one is on the bottom of the screen.

And I agree. This game has a bit of a roguelike feel to it, which I love.

I hope they release a dlc/mod that is built around elite hardcore and has even more randomness, but is a bit shorter.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
September 23 2012 19:56 GMT
#1079
On September 24 2012 04:54 zeross wrote:
there is 4 gong

Thanks, that worked. Someone told me there were only 3, so I stopped looking after I hit 3 -_-.
Moderator
[17]Purple
Profile Joined October 2011
United Kingdom3489 Posts
September 23 2012 20:04 GMT
#1080
what do people tend to do when they find someone flagged with "used console" in their game?
"Turn Disadvantages into Disadvantages" and "Collect Telephones". The secrets of Chinese success.
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 95 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech148
UpATreeSC 76
TKL 49
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5026
Bisu 1945
Soulkey 1609
EffOrt 828
Mini 596
Horang2 388
Larva 357
ZerO 327
ggaemo 255
actioN 251
[ Show more ]
Yoon 116
Dewaltoss 112
Mind 92
sorry 84
hero 76
Shinee 70
Sharp 70
Barracks 65
Pusan 57
Snow 48
Hyun 43
Bale 33
Trap 27
ToSsGirL 24
NaDa 20
Terrorterran 18
Rock 17
scan(afreeca) 13
Sacsri 11
Noble 9
zelot 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5500
qojqva2516
Dendi1281
420jenkins290
League of Legends
Reynor65
Counter-Strike
fl0m3122
x6flipin1212
Fnx 673
edward40
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes365
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1272
hiko1039
B2W.Neo448
DeMusliM299
XBOCT236
Livibee231
Liquid`VortiX206
QueenE98
FrodaN69
Mew2King43
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV72
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 76
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 37
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV616
League of Legends
• Nemesis3487
• TFBlade587
Other Games
• Shiphtur474
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 57m
Patches Events
23h 57m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.