• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:15
CEST 00:15
KST 07:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11936 users

NaNiwa Fan Club! - Page 125

Forum Index > Fan Clubs
Post a Reply
Prev 1 123 124 125 126 127 604 Next
bluQ
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Germany1724 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-14 11:55:45
December 14 2011 11:54 GMT
#2481
I just wrote an email to GOM, if you really are upset about what happend please do that too.
support@gomtv.net
+ Show Spoiler +

Dear ladies and gentlemen,
concerning the latest uproar in the GSL I wanted to express my feelings towards the decisions GOM made, dealing with Naniwa and his Proberush versus Nestea in the BlizzardCup.
To take it away first: yes I am biased and I am a fan of Naniwa but I want to be as objective as possible because I feel this is a general concern which can be reflected onto every other player/match that could happen.

I know that the actions of Naniwa could possibly undermine the credibility of your tournament and thus forms a matter of disrepect to your tournament.
Considering the intentions of Naniwa why he proberushed I don't feel that he wanted to disrespect GOM in the first place.
It was a very emotional and wrong reaction of Naniwa due to his previous results in the BlizzardCup.

Because I can understand that this happening can't be unpunished I don't want to discuss the fact that Naniwa did something.
Furthermore I want to elaborate a little on the basis of the punishment and the scale of it.

The only rule which regards such incidents is the rule "- During a match, a player shall not offend the opponent or audience with abusive behaviours".
This rules is very vague and thus can be interpreted in different directions.
For a player this could vary from droping a manner-mule to physically/mentally threatening players before the actual match.

My question now is: Could Naniwa even expect that he would recieve a punishment and futhermore could he expect to recieve such a harsh punishment?

Considering Naniwa is one of the most dedicated Starcraft 2 players from the western-community I can't even imagine that Naniwa would risk his Code S spot just for the mere fact of skipping a match he doesn't want to play.

On a side note I would be interested if you as an organization try to change your rule-set and/or tournament format to prevent such things to happen again.

Thank you for your time and with best regards,

----
www.twitch.tv/bluquh (PoE, Starbow, HS)
Uracil
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany422 Posts
December 14 2011 11:58 GMT
#2482
Just wanted to express my support for you. Naniwa fighting.
zanga
Profile Joined September 2011
659 Posts
December 14 2011 12:04 GMT
#2483
Yeah I just also emailed support@gomtv.net to tell them how I feel in a mannerly fashion.

Bah.
(:
NGrNecris
Profile Joined January 2011
New Zealand855 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-14 12:06:16
December 14 2011 12:06 GMT
#2484
Sign me up. Although I think what he did was wrong, Gom is seriously overreacting and I would like to give him my support
AnTiX
Profile Joined April 2010
France29 Posts
December 14 2011 12:16 GMT
#2485
My mail to GomTV.

+ Show Spoiler +
Dear Mr. Chae,

I am an old time GomTV viewer, have been there for all of the competition in Sc2 and was following Tasteless commentary in BW too. I am in general very happy about what Gom did for the foreigners community. But the decision against Naniwa is a serious miss step. I will probably boycott GomTV for now and I will explain why.

You saw the decision of Naniwa like very disrespectful for the viewers and GOM. I disagree with that. We are not there to watch a farce. We are here to watch sport, competition. Naniwa was upset about his games. And he had to play a game with absolutely no impact. If the game could qualify Nestea or what so ever, he had to play it by professionalism, but that was not the case. He could have play a fake game, like a 4 gate. But no, he put his emotions on the board. I was on my part very glad, he did that. He didn't waste my time playing a fake game. And I am always very happy when players show their emotions, they are humans not robot.

Your decision was wrong. It affects a very dedicated player to the game. He is one of the only foreigners who stays in Korea, not for the fun, the experience or the prize, but to step up his game. You can't state on TV that he is an amateur prize money hunter, that's not true at all.

Because you didn't respect nor the audience or the player with this decision, I will not watch the GSL anymore.

Good Bye.
Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me truth.
generalyao
Profile Joined July 2011
United States262 Posts
December 14 2011 12:17 GMT
#2486
I don't condone the behavior, but I really don't think that Naniwa should have lost his Code S spot for what happened.
nugget-92
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia83 Posts
December 14 2011 12:19 GMT
#2487
My email to GomTV

I hope they care enough to read it.

+ Show Spoiler +
Dear GOM,


- Your suspension of Naniwa shows a clear lack of respect for outside foreign cultures.

A factor necessary if you wish to be called, and considered, the Global Starcraft II League.



- The fact that you rushed this decision in one day suggests that you failed to consult Naniwa, Quantic or any entity who would understand the cultural difference. Further proof to me that your organisation is in fact not professional.

These were rash, ill-considered actions that show what little foresight and wisdom your organisation holds.


- Finally, the actions of Mr. Chae who publicly defamed Naniwa stating he was a "money hunting amateur" show that your company has very little respect, values or self-control. Ironically characteristics which you chose to suspend Naniwa for purportedly not having.


I am not currently a paying subscriber because I cannot currently afford it. However, before this event I had the utmost respect and enthusiasm for your company and tournament and intended to purchase a subscription as soon as I was capable of doing so (re: soon).

I have watched over 90% of the material you have provided in 2010-2011, adding to your stream numbers. Furthermore, I have openly supported your sponsors. I purchased a Sony Ericsson mobile phone and have change my consumption from Coca-Cola to Pepsi and back to Coca-Cola. I have sent an email to Sony Ericsson telling them of my motivation to purchase. I will never do anything like this again, your company's sponsorship means nothing to me now.

I was a dedicated, zealous supporter of your organisation but your actions mean that I will never return to my previous level of dedication.

I feel offended by your actions.



Thomas
Well, the tomato's an anomaly. So successful with the ketchup and the sauce, but you can't find a good one.
SnoLys
Profile Joined August 2011
149 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-14 12:26:46
December 14 2011 12:22 GMT
#2488
You can also tweet at @WoWnStarcraft , it's Mr. Chae.

The one calling for professionalism but bad mouths players on stage. Classy.
kmpow
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Sweden15 Posts
December 14 2011 12:26 GMT
#2489
This ban shit really got me frustrated. Anyways, in a year this will be another milestone in the Naniwa carreer.

[image loading]


gl hf :)
Mefano
Profile Joined December 2011
Sweden190 Posts
December 14 2011 12:32 GMT
#2490
I sent that email
Yo
The Void
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany428 Posts
December 14 2011 12:35 GMT
#2491
[image loading]

Go Nani! and don't let it drive you apart.
it just got a little more interesting
it is hard to be an atheist and deal with day9 (╯°□°)╯︵┻━┻ also i stole this too ♞...o_O..oh..and his buddies ♚♛♜♝♟http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=295038 don't trust the suits...
TheSilverfox
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden1928 Posts
December 14 2011 12:45 GMT
#2492
Does anyone know what the exact ban is about? There are so many threads about this right now so it's a bit confusing.

What I can read they say that his Code S seed is revoked. Does this mean that he can play in the Code A qualifier for this season or not?
Also known as Joinsimon on Twitter/Reddit
Argus92
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands93 Posts
December 14 2011 12:47 GMT
#2493
On December 14 2011 21:35 The Void wrote:
Go Nani! and don't let it drive you apart.
it just got a little more interesting

Well, that is helping.. =') rofl
ladyumbra
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada1699 Posts
December 14 2011 12:47 GMT
#2494
Remember to keep all emails and tweets polite, Gom is not going to go back on their decsion but they're also not going to look kindly on Naniwa in the future if his fans come off as super agressive and immature.
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
December 14 2011 12:49 GMT
#2495
On December 14 2011 21:45 TheSilverfox wrote:
Does anyone know what the exact ban is about? There are so many threads about this right now so it's a bit confusing.

What I can read they say that his Code S seed is revoked. Does this mean that he can play in the Code A qualifier for this season or not?


He is banned from first season, so I doubt he can participate in anything GOM related.
Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
kask
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden6 Posts
December 14 2011 12:50 GMT
#2496
Naniwa know that your fans support you! I Come back from this stronger than ever and rip through Code S!
loladin
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway184 Posts
December 14 2011 12:50 GMT
#2497
I also emailed GOM. Disgraceful move by them.
When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.
Xalorian
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada433 Posts
December 14 2011 12:51 GMT
#2498
If you guys really care about that, you should all e-mail GOMTV, Blizzard and GOMTV sponsors about it.

And don't forget to tell GOMTV that you are indeed e-mailing their sponsors about it.

Seriously, what Naniwa did was a shame, but you can't ban a player without any warning, on is first offense, and stating a rule that don't even make any sense and have nothing to do about what he did.

IF THEY REALLY WANT TO STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING, JUST WARN HIM AND ADD A NEW RULE, FREAKING SIMPLE!
Alpino
Profile Joined June 2011
Brazil4390 Posts
December 14 2011 12:53 GMT
#2499
Having a shitty day(Light will be cut out due to some problems in the building for indefinite time). LETS read some TL. Shittier day now.

NaNi fighting.
20/11/2015 - never forget EE's Ember
nihlon
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden5581 Posts
December 14 2011 13:01 GMT
#2500
So now people are arguing he never had the code s spot in the first place (why that would be the case I have no idea)...
Banelings are too cute to blow up
Prev 1 123 124 125 126 127 604 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O134
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12367
Shuttle 387
White-Ra 232
ZZZero.O 134
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm118
League of Legends
Doublelift5237
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5029
Other Games
summit1g9611
FrodaN2336
Liquid`RaSZi1928
C9.Mang0351
ToD309
crisheroes296
Livibee194
Pyrionflax139
Mew2King52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1020
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 84
• Adnapsc2 33
• musti20045 31
• HeavenSC 26
• Sammyuel 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1626
• Shiphtur664
• WagamamaTV284
Upcoming Events
OSC
45m
Replay Cast
45m
OSC
13h 45m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.