• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:36
CEST 04:36
KST 11:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7122 users

Anime Discussion Thread - Page 6184

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6182 6183 6184 6185 6186 6486 Next
If you come in here looking for "anime recommendations" then please refer to this chart before posting: Anime Recommendations (as of may 2014). We also have an IRC channel called #tladt where we all hang out. The channel is on Rizon, not QuakeNet! Feel free to check it out. TLADT discord is Discord.gg

For currently airing anime, please see Anichart.net
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
November 22 2017 05:30 GMT
#123661
So if you saw someone 4 feet tall walking around, you wouldn't first thing "hey its a kid"?
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8709 Posts
November 22 2017 05:35 GMT
#123662
On November 22 2017 14:30 Sentenal wrote:
So if you saw someone 4 feet tall walking around, you wouldn't first thing "hey its a kid"?


I thought I would add a note about this but thought it was too obvious so I didn't. Looks like I was wrong. Yes, height might be a good indicator to differentiate a prepubescent character from an adult one. And even that can be misleading in anime. -.-'
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
November 22 2017 05:41 GMT
#123663
So, why does this matter again? Just say Toad is wrong and move on
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-22 14:39:51
November 22 2017 14:11 GMT
#123664
Guys, you look at her hair and the first thing that comes to mind is "damn, she must have been born in the 70s or something like that"
Then you realize that that would make her super old so you come to the conclusion that she just really liked the fashion magazines from her mom. So her mom was roughly 20 in that era.
Let's assume she was conceived when her mom was 20-30 and that puts her at born in the 80s.

I know it's supposed to be in the future but you can't shut down intuitive observation like that!

(Also, I said I had no idea what age she was. I didnt think she was 30 but would have believed it had someone told me so. And 30 was the most extreme I would have believed. Like Slaughter said, I would have probably guessed slightly older than MC, so 19-23range or something like that if I had had to. Which still would have been wrong but just to clear this up.
It was just about me not being able to pinpoint it at all in this case)

I mean just look at the MC in NewGame, or Jack the Ripper from earlier and you should understand where the feeling of really not having a clue what age she's supposed to be comes from

//Edit:

I mean, just to take that picture from Sent from earlier:
[image loading]

The boy is clearly some 16 year old kiddo on first look. Schoolkid who's supposed to look like some everday, casual clothes wearing guy. Nothing to be had there.
Then you have her next to him in her clothes. No way do you go to school with that. That's someone who has a job or something else she's dressing up for. Working at the reception desk somewhere or something like that. The 3 metric tons of hair-volume-products on her head only reinforce that image of someone who's not going to school like that!
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-22 14:33:32
November 22 2017 14:32 GMT
#123665
On November 22 2017 14:35 Miragee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2017 14:30 Sentenal wrote:
So if you saw someone 4 feet tall walking around, you wouldn't first thing "hey its a kid"?


I thought I would add a note about this but thought it was too obvious so I didn't. Looks like I was wrong. Yes, height might be a good indicator to differentiate a prepubescent character from an adult one. And even that can be misleading in anime. -.-'


Even looks can be deceiving. People often mistake me for a high schooler or first year college student. You can imagine their shock when they find out I'm actually a 25 year old.

People sometimes even mistake my voice for that of a woman.
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
November 22 2017 14:35 GMT
#123666
well you're a trap and per your definition that makes you gay! So I have a chance with you afterall? :3
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-22 15:03:31
November 22 2017 15:03 GMT
#123667
Who wouldn't want someone as cute as me?
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
November 22 2017 15:39 GMT
#123668
On November 22 2017 14:30 Sentenal wrote:
So if you saw someone 4 feet tall walking around, you wouldn't first thing "hey its a kid"?


I'd run across the street, ask for him to sign something I currently have on me and state that I've always been a huge Game Of Thrones fan!
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
November 22 2017 17:42 GMT
#123669
On November 22 2017 23:11 Toadesstern wrote:
Guys, you look at her hair and the first thing that comes to mind is "damn, she must have been born in the 70s or something like that"
Then you realize that that would make her super old so you come to the conclusion that she just really liked the fashion magazines from her mom. So her mom was roughly 20 in that era.
Let's assume she was conceived when her mom was 20-30 and that puts her at born in the 80s.

I know it's supposed to be in the future but you can't shut down intuitive observation like that!

(Also, I said I had no idea what age she was. I didnt think she was 30 but would have believed it had someone told me so. And 30 was the most extreme I would have believed. Like Slaughter said, I would have probably guessed slightly older than MC, so 19-23range or something like that if I had had to. Which still would have been wrong but just to clear this up.
It was just about me not being able to pinpoint it at all in this case)

I mean just look at the MC in NewGame, or Jack the Ripper from earlier and you should understand where the feeling of really not having a clue what age she's supposed to be comes from

//Edit:

I mean, just to take that picture from Sent from earlier:
[image loading]

The boy is clearly some 16 year old kiddo on first look. Schoolkid who's supposed to look like some everday, casual clothes wearing guy. Nothing to be had there.
Then you have her next to him in her clothes. No way do you go to school with that. That's someone who has a job or something else she's dressing up for. Working at the reception desk somewhere or something like that. The 3 metric tons of hair-volume-products on her head only reinforce that image of someone who's not going to school like that!

She actually was born in the 70s.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
November 22 2017 21:15 GMT
#123670
On November 23 2017 02:42 Nagisama wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2017 23:11 Toadesstern wrote:
Guys, you look at her hair and the first thing that comes to mind is "damn, she must have been born in the 70s or something like that"
Then you realize that that would make her super old so you come to the conclusion that she just really liked the fashion magazines from her mom. So her mom was roughly 20 in that era.
Let's assume she was conceived when her mom was 20-30 and that puts her at born in the 80s.

I know it's supposed to be in the future but you can't shut down intuitive observation like that!

(Also, I said I had no idea what age she was. I didnt think she was 30 but would have believed it had someone told me so. And 30 was the most extreme I would have believed. Like Slaughter said, I would have probably guessed slightly older than MC, so 19-23range or something like that if I had had to. Which still would have been wrong but just to clear this up.
It was just about me not being able to pinpoint it at all in this case)

I mean just look at the MC in NewGame, or Jack the Ripper from earlier and you should understand where the feeling of really not having a clue what age she's supposed to be comes from

//Edit:

I mean, just to take that picture from Sent from earlier:
[image loading]

The boy is clearly some 16 year old kiddo on first look. Schoolkid who's supposed to look like some everday, casual clothes wearing guy. Nothing to be had there.
Then you have her next to him in her clothes. No way do you go to school with that. That's someone who has a job or something else she's dressing up for. Working at the reception desk somewhere or something like that. The 3 metric tons of hair-volume-products on her head only reinforce that image of someone who's not going to school like that!

She actually was born in the 70s.

lol, born in 0079
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
November 22 2017 21:54 GMT
#123671
[22:48:00] <Toad|> I was just made aware that the cast for the new SAO season is this: https://imgur.com/JDXEGHJ
[22:48:06] <Toad|> this might actually turn out good
[22:48:13] <ecael> oya
[22:48:14] <Toad|> I'm going to watch the crap out of that
[22:48:16] <ecael> kayanon alice
[22:48:23] <ecael> i am almost interested
[22:48:36] <Toad|> also nobunaga on eugeo
[22:49:03] <ecael> i don't really give a fuck about the fujobait
[22:49:14] <ecael> i just wanted to watch bleach
[22:49:20] <ecael> with a less shitty female protag
[22:49:22] <ecael> o/
[22:50:07] <Toad|> but it's matsuoka x Kayanon x nobunaga (+ tomatsu but who cares)
[22:50:30] <Toad|> watch while minimized in the background and wait for radio
[22:50:36] <Toad|> is the real pro-line here I think
[22:50:40] <ecael> well
[22:50:45] <ecael> some parts will be visually appealing
[22:51:02] <ecael> like bankais and bankais and bankais
[22:51:03] <Toad|> probably
[22:51:11] <ecael> or whatever they were called in alicization again
[22:51:16] <ecael> i'll remember them as bankai

why did noone tell me it was the most voice-trap thing in existence
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
November 22 2017 22:43 GMT
#123672
Lol, i never thought of the sword shit as Bankai, but they are indeed Bankai. Too bad that shit ruined Alicization.
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
PSIDefenseUp
Profile Joined January 2011
United States251 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-23 01:31:17
November 23 2017 01:31 GMT
#123673
On November 23 2017 06:54 Toadesstern wrote:
(+ tomatsu but who cares)

I'm hurt.
EternaLAniMe1991
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-23 03:20:02
November 23 2017 03:19 GMT
#123674
On November 23 2017 06:15 Sentenal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2017 02:42 Nagisama wrote:
On November 22 2017 23:11 Toadesstern wrote:
Guys, you look at her hair and the first thing that comes to mind is "damn, she must have been born in the 70s or something like that"
Then you realize that that would make her super old so you come to the conclusion that she just really liked the fashion magazines from her mom. So her mom was roughly 20 in that era.
Let's assume she was conceived when her mom was 20-30 and that puts her at born in the 80s.

I know it's supposed to be in the future but you can't shut down intuitive observation like that!

(Also, I said I had no idea what age she was. I didnt think she was 30 but would have believed it had someone told me so. And 30 was the most extreme I would have believed. Like Slaughter said, I would have probably guessed slightly older than MC, so 19-23range or something like that if I had had to. Which still would have been wrong but just to clear this up.
It was just about me not being able to pinpoint it at all in this case)

I mean just look at the MC in NewGame, or Jack the Ripper from earlier and you should understand where the feeling of really not having a clue what age she's supposed to be comes from

//Edit:

I mean, just to take that picture from Sent from earlier:
[image loading]
The boy is clearly some 16 year old kiddo on first look. Schoolkid who's supposed to look like some everday, casual clothes wearing guy. Nothing to be had there.
Then you have her next to him in her clothes. No way do you go to school with that. That's someone who has a job or something else she's dressing up for. Working at the reception desk somewhere or something like that. The 3 metric tons of hair-volume-products on her head only reinforce that image of someone who's not going to school like that!

She actually was born in the 70s.

lol, born in 0079

UC 70s yo :D
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8709 Posts
November 23 2017 07:35 GMT
#123675
@Toad: You have to remember in which century her original design was made. Or more like the general design of the franchise, not hers specifically.

On an unrelated note: I just realised once again how fucking unfitting the OP of the new Kino no Tabi is. Please...
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
November 23 2017 15:57 GMT
#123676
I leave for a bit and stumble into Toad talking about hair styles? How perverted can this man get!
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
November 24 2017 01:36 GMT
#123677
In Toad's defense, I can see what he's saying though you have young folks looking like that if they are royalty. Also, wouldn't be a stretch to think that the other MC would be around the same age as the guy MC.

Latest Inuyashiki episode was good. + Show Spoiler +
Too bad that he can't undo his mistake. I have a feeling that someone will die here and this time, he's going to lose it for good.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
November 24 2017 01:40 GMT
#123678
To make the whole Toad "shes 30, right?" thing make sense to me, I'm now imagining that Toad is Char. Makes complete sense to me, given Char and Toad's strike zone!
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
November 24 2017 04:14 GMT
#123679
On November 24 2017 10:36 BigFan wrote:
In Toad's defense, I can see what he's saying though you have young folks looking like that if they are royalty. Also, wouldn't be a stretch to think that the other MC would be around the same age as the guy MC.

Latest Inuyashiki episode was good. + Show Spoiler +
Too bad that he can't undo his mistake. I have a feeling that someone will die here and this time, he's going to lose it for good.

yeah, but how often do you walk around and run into royalty? Clearly the first thought goes to someone who's clearly not a schoolkid anymore (which is true either way) -> she's already working~
On November 24 2017 10:40 Sentenal wrote:
To make the whole Toad "shes 30, right?" thing make sense to me, I'm now imagining that Toad is Char. Makes complete sense to me, given Char and Toad's strike zone!

Like I said, I never said I think she's 30. I said I have no idea what age she is saying I'd put her at slightly older than the MC. Maybe 19-23 but I wouldn't be surprised if you told me she's 16 or 30 either.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
November 24 2017 06:08 GMT
#123680
Depends on what school you go to? There'll obviously be other signs but I'm mostly looking at the clothes here.

Miragee, how's children of the whale? I've hearing that it's getting good again at episode 7? Debating if it's worth the watch.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Prev 1 6182 6183 6184 6185 6186 6486 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings171
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 203
ProTech122
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 214
Terrorterran 16
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm243
League of Legends
Doublelift5846
JimRising 740
Counter-Strike
taco 274
minikerr53
Other Games
summit1g12017
C9.Mang0414
PiLiPiLi10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1202
BasetradeTV203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP185
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 24m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
8h 24m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 24m
Replay Cast
20h 24m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 8h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.