• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:39
CEST 21:39
KST 04:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8726 users

Anime Discussion Thread - Page 6183

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6181 6182 6183 6184 6185 6486 Next
If you come in here looking for "anime recommendations" then please refer to this chart before posting: Anime Recommendations (as of may 2014). We also have an IRC channel called #tladt where we all hang out. The channel is on Rizon, not QuakeNet! Feel free to check it out. TLADT discord is Discord.gg

For currently airing anime, please see Anichart.net
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-21 18:40:44
November 21 2017 18:39 GMT
#123641
On November 22 2017 03:11 BigFan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2017 14:05 Miragee wrote:
On November 21 2017 13:29 ApatheticSchizoid wrote:
Has anyone else been watching march comes in like a lion? I have to say that it's probably one of my favorites, if not my favorite recent anime. The story has a lot of emotion and depth. Also the animation is quite beautiful to me. It's refreshing to see an anime go against conventional formats. For example, instead of just having characters say how they feel, fairly often they'll change and animate the background to help convey emotions.


Have watched the first season and just one episode of the second one. I think the show is a two sided coin. On one hand it has all the beautiful things you described. On the other hand it has silly, totally out of place humour that is not funny at all and destroy the mood they had set before. It's an anime I watch but I wouldn't dare to say it's one of my favourites, which is sad because I think it could be just that.

Ya the humour breaks some serious moments imo. I think the show does overdo it by a bit.

I've said this at least 3 or 4 times by now because I really disagree with Miragee on that point.
Yes, the humour breaks the serious moments and it does feel like breaking the 4th wall. That's the point of the series to a degree.
The difference between those 2 worlds he's seeing and to show that you have to have those breaks to indicate how completly different it is imo.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8709 Posts
November 21 2017 22:21 GMT
#123642
On November 22 2017 03:39 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2017 03:11 BigFan wrote:
On November 21 2017 14:05 Miragee wrote:
On November 21 2017 13:29 ApatheticSchizoid wrote:
Has anyone else been watching march comes in like a lion? I have to say that it's probably one of my favorites, if not my favorite recent anime. The story has a lot of emotion and depth. Also the animation is quite beautiful to me. It's refreshing to see an anime go against conventional formats. For example, instead of just having characters say how they feel, fairly often they'll change and animate the background to help convey emotions.


Have watched the first season and just one episode of the second one. I think the show is a two sided coin. On one hand it has all the beautiful things you described. On the other hand it has silly, totally out of place humour that is not funny at all and destroy the mood they had set before. It's an anime I watch but I wouldn't dare to say it's one of my favourites, which is sad because I think it could be just that.

Ya the humour breaks some serious moments imo. I think the show does overdo it by a bit.

I've said this at least 3 or 4 times by now because I really disagree with Miragee on that point.
Yes, the humour breaks the serious moments and it does feel like breaking the 4th wall. That's the point of the series to a degree.
The difference between those 2 worlds he's seeing and to show that you have to have those breaks to indicate how completly different it is imo.


I don't really get what you are saying. So the only way to show the contrast is by adding out of place humour? Please enlighten me. -.-
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-21 22:49:17
November 21 2017 22:45 GMT
#123643
On November 22 2017 07:21 Miragee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2017 03:39 Toadesstern wrote:
On November 22 2017 03:11 BigFan wrote:
On November 21 2017 14:05 Miragee wrote:
On November 21 2017 13:29 ApatheticSchizoid wrote:
Has anyone else been watching march comes in like a lion? I have to say that it's probably one of my favorites, if not my favorite recent anime. The story has a lot of emotion and depth. Also the animation is quite beautiful to me. It's refreshing to see an anime go against conventional formats. For example, instead of just having characters say how they feel, fairly often they'll change and animate the background to help convey emotions.


Have watched the first season and just one episode of the second one. I think the show is a two sided coin. On one hand it has all the beautiful things you described. On the other hand it has silly, totally out of place humour that is not funny at all and destroy the mood they had set before. It's an anime I watch but I wouldn't dare to say it's one of my favourites, which is sad because I think it could be just that.

Ya the humour breaks some serious moments imo. I think the show does overdo it by a bit.

I've said this at least 3 or 4 times by now because I really disagree with Miragee on that point.
Yes, the humour breaks the serious moments and it does feel like breaking the 4th wall. That's the point of the series to a degree.
The difference between those 2 worlds he's seeing and to show that you have to have those breaks to indicate how completly different it is imo.


I don't really get what you are saying. So the only way to show the contrast is by adding out of place humour? Please enlighten me. -.-

I'm saying it isn't out of place simply because that's exactly what they're trying to do, show the difference between his 2 different "lifes". The school now probably being something inbetween with based teacher + club vs his past.

You don't have that kind of humour when he's alone in his room eating all by himself. You do have it when he's together with the 3 sisters, with nikaidou, with the teacher or the club.
So even when you do have darker moments as long as he's crossed the bridge to get to the other part of town they tend to make it not dramatic
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8709 Posts
November 21 2017 22:52 GMT
#123644
On November 22 2017 07:45 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2017 07:21 Miragee wrote:
On November 22 2017 03:39 Toadesstern wrote:
On November 22 2017 03:11 BigFan wrote:
On November 21 2017 14:05 Miragee wrote:
On November 21 2017 13:29 ApatheticSchizoid wrote:
Has anyone else been watching march comes in like a lion? I have to say that it's probably one of my favorites, if not my favorite recent anime. The story has a lot of emotion and depth. Also the animation is quite beautiful to me. It's refreshing to see an anime go against conventional formats. For example, instead of just having characters say how they feel, fairly often they'll change and animate the background to help convey emotions.


Have watched the first season and just one episode of the second one. I think the show is a two sided coin. On one hand it has all the beautiful things you described. On the other hand it has silly, totally out of place humour that is not funny at all and destroy the mood they had set before. It's an anime I watch but I wouldn't dare to say it's one of my favourites, which is sad because I think it could be just that.

Ya the humour breaks some serious moments imo. I think the show does overdo it by a bit.

I've said this at least 3 or 4 times by now because I really disagree with Miragee on that point.
Yes, the humour breaks the serious moments and it does feel like breaking the 4th wall. That's the point of the series to a degree.
The difference between those 2 worlds he's seeing and to show that you have to have those breaks to indicate how completly different it is imo.


I don't really get what you are saying. So the only way to show the contrast is by adding out of place humour? Please enlighten me. -.-

I'm saying it isn't out of place simply because that's exactly what they're trying to do, show the difference between his 2 different "lifes". The school now probably being something inbetween with based teacher + club vs his past.

You don't have that kind of humour when he's alone in his room eating all by himself. You do have it when he's together with the 3 sisters, with nikaidou, with the teacher or the club


Yeah and what I'm saying is that you could still have that without chibi faces and flower backgrounds. Just, you know, write some witty/funny/laid-back conversation or situation you could also have in real life. You can add funny faces as well, just keep them as part of a logical mimic of that character. There are tons of ways.
Again, I'm not saying they should get rid of all the humour nor do I say it's not important to show the contrast between his personal life and his life with the sisters. It's just very cheap the way they try to accomplish these points.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-21 23:12:37
November 21 2017 23:09 GMT
#123645
But do you really want actually funny/laid-back conversations in this?
The situations he finds himself don't change one bit. They're still as dark and as depressing as ever. It's just the outlook on things that changes for him. So in that way I stay with my opinion that the chibi-faces, flower backgrounds and all do fit surpringsingly well in all their seemingly unfitting, out of place way. It's LITERALLY a different way to look at things for him.

His problems don't go away but he is surrounded by people with a different mentality
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8709 Posts
November 21 2017 23:54 GMT
#123646
Throwing aside the fact that he and things for him indeed changed quite a bit since the beginning, yes, I would like funny/laid-back conversations instead of the chibi stuff. Heck, even in 3-gatsu they have a few scenes here and there I'm really happy with... Which makes it even worse. It shows it can be done but they don't go with it all the way.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
November 22 2017 00:34 GMT
#123647
let's just agree to disagree on that one I guess. I like the way they use visuals and humour to give an additional level of contrast, you would rather see them skip that in an attempt to be more... realistic I guess
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
November 22 2017 00:36 GMT
#123648
I haven't watched whatever it is you guys are battling over, but it reminds me of the time when Amanchu! came out and someone was complaining about the faces in that show and how they were out of place and shit. Is this a similar situation to that or is Toad the one wrong here?
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8709 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-22 00:40:38
November 22 2017 00:38 GMT
#123649
On November 22 2017 09:34 Toadesstern wrote:
let's just agree to disagree on that one I guess. I like the way they use visuals and humour to give an additional level of contrast, you would rather see them skip that in an attempt to be more... realistic I guess


That's fine with me. If you scroll up a few post you will see I wrote that it might work for some people. You are obviously one of them.

On November 22 2017 09:36 Sentenal wrote:
I haven't watched whatever it is you guys are battling over, but it reminds me of the time when Amanchu! came out and someone was complaining about the faces in that show and how they were out of place and shit. Is this a similar situation to that or is Toad the one wrong here?


I haven't watched Amanchu so I can't comment on that. I also wouldn't say our argument was necessarily about being right or wrong.
felisconcolori
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States6169 Posts
November 22 2017 01:36 GMT
#123650
It's a disagreement over the style in which the story is being told; and how the typical seriousness followed by lightness/humor is being presented.

Also Miragee doesn't like fun.

But mostly the first part.
Yes, I email sponsors... to thank them. Don't post drunk, kids. My king, what has become of you?
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8709 Posts
November 22 2017 01:44 GMT
#123651
On November 22 2017 10:36 felisconcolori wrote:
Also Miragee doesn't like fun.


True.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-22 03:04:17
November 22 2017 02:59 GMT
#123652
I have seen the first OVA of gundam unicorn. Took me at least 1:30h instead of the usual 60 minutes due to all the pauses to try and understand stuff but I did it.
2nd OVA tomorrow, it's already 4am over here.

Can I call Neo a liar now?

Honestly the haircuts of everything female still throw me off. Like, I can tell that this is supposed to have an old touch to it so things like this happen:
[03:24:26] <Toad|> waitwaitwait, how old is she
[...]
[03:29:47] <kupon3ss> both bananaG and naziloli are 16
[03:31:09] <Toad|> i knew he was 16
[03:31:19] <Toad|> but couldn't tell if she was 16 or 30
[03:31:27] <%EchOne> 30????
[03:31:37] <Toad|> did you see her hair man?

The dude is clearly 16 (or in that range) but the girls are all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe seen too many lolis in thongs recently so anything not that extreme looks suspect on the female side for me.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
November 22 2017 03:35 GMT
#123653
You really thought Audrey was 30? Are you kidding me?
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
November 22 2017 03:39 GMT
#123654
On November 22 2017 12:35 Sentenal wrote:
You really thought Audrey was 30? Are you kidding me?

bahaha she looked young to me so interesting to see Toad's perspective.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8709 Posts
November 22 2017 03:55 GMT
#123655
You have to remember that Toad almost exclusively watches new anime and the modern designs in general look a lot younger in comparison. I don't think it's weird for someone that is accustomed to modern designs to misjudge ages of characters with "older" design.
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-22 04:04:27
November 22 2017 04:03 GMT
#123656
On November 22 2017 12:55 Miragee wrote:
You have to remember that Toad almost exclusively watches new anime and the modern designs in general look a lot younger in comparison. I don't think it's weird for someone that is accustomed to modern designs to misjudge ages of characters with "older" design.

No. Its the girl on the right in this picture:
https://imgur.com/a/P1Z0u

How can any living person look at that and go "looks like shes 30"
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8709 Posts
November 22 2017 04:44 GMT
#123657
lol Toad, pls
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-22 04:59:57
November 22 2017 04:59 GMT
#123658
She looks in her 20s to me from that pic.

Also why is the age of one of the girls in a mecha show the main topic of discussion lol.
Never Knows Best.
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
November 22 2017 05:08 GMT
#123659
On November 22 2017 13:59 Slaughter wrote:
She looks in her 20s to me from that pic.

Also why is the age of one of the girls in a mecha show the main topic of discussion lol.

To put it into more context, shes like 2 feet shorter than everyone else she ever appears next to, other than obvious high-schoolers (who shes still shorter than)
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8709 Posts
November 22 2017 05:25 GMT
#123660
Height isn't really an attribute you can measure age with though. Especially when she is supposed to be 16. Most women don't grow anymore at that age or are close to end their growth state.
Prev 1 6181 6182 6183 6184 6185 6486 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#66
TKL 1849
RotterdaM1003
TaKeTV 400
IndyStarCraft 189
SteadfastSC182
ZombieGrub93
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1849
RotterdaM 1003
IndyStarCraft 189
SteadfastSC 182
MaxPax 168
RuFF_SC2 144
ZombieGrub93
UpATreeSC 71
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2729
Shuttle 512
Dewaltoss 124
910 71
Mind 63
Bale 17
Counter-Strike
fl0m4039
pashabiceps1513
Fnx 669
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4734
Liquid`Hasu626
Other Games
Beastyqt833
mouzStarbuck433
shahzam220
ToD181
C9.Mang0152
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV218
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 178
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 22
• 80smullet 15
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade381
Other Games
• imaqtpie897
• Shiphtur315
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 22m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 22m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 22m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.