• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:46
CEST 10:46
KST 17:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202616Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7932 users

Anime Discussion Thread - Page 6163

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6161 6162 6163 6164 6165 6486 Next
If you come in here looking for "anime recommendations" then please refer to this chart before posting: Anime Recommendations (as of may 2014). We also have an IRC channel called #tladt where we all hang out. The channel is on Rizon, not QuakeNet! Feel free to check it out. TLADT discord is Discord.gg

For currently airing anime, please see Anichart.net
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
October 27 2017 02:37 GMT
#123241
On October 27 2017 08:01 Zergneedsfood wrote:
I forgot about the NEET anime. That's alright too. Kind of sucks it's only going to be 10 episodes.

NEET anime is super comfy.

Yuri foxgirl show is also pretty comfy but havent caught up on latest few episodes.
Moderator。◕‿◕。
felisconcolori
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States6169 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-27 04:41:51
October 27 2017 04:41 GMT
#123242
Yuri foxgirl show is... about what you'd expect. Surprisingly full of implied pure yuri feelings and lots of moe.

Also, by NEET anime, are you talking about the Elite NEET?
Yes, I email sponsors... to thank them. Don't post drunk, kids. My king, what has become of you?
IceHism
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1903 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-27 06:55:52
October 27 2017 06:55 GMT
#123243
On October 27 2017 13:41 felisconcolori wrote:
Yuri foxgirl show is... about what you'd expect. Surprisingly full of implied pure yuri feelings and lots of moe.

Also, by NEET anime, are you talking about the Elite NEET?


net-juu no susume
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18761 Posts
October 27 2017 13:06 GMT
#123244
On October 26 2017 06:30 BigFan wrote:
Watched first 2 episodes of Fairy Tail, it's been ok so far and ya, didn't realize it had that much fan service. I'll try Katanagatari then and see how that one goes. Already watched My Hero Academia and caught up on the manga too but yes, I want something along those lines. A setting where the MC is underestimated and slowly works his way up getting better with each fight in order to reach some goal (hokage, wizard king, whatever). Would be nice to have magic as well. I'm sure there are some shows out there that have that I didn't watch yet, just lots of stuff out there to sort through.


So you want One Piece but don't want to check it out? Weirdo :p
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51622 Posts
October 27 2017 13:17 GMT
#123245
its typical bigfan
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Dark_Chill
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada3353 Posts
October 27 2017 13:28 GMT
#123246
On October 27 2017 11:17 BLinD-RawR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2017 23:10 Dark_Chill wrote:
Really odd to me that people liked SDS part 1 more than part 2. Pride and the Ten Commandments really put a lot of life in the series.

true but the current arc has been all over the place, I got some hope from this week's chapter.

Yeah but they're definitely not covering that far with S2. Plus, I think that the story's probably gonna get itself back together pretty quickly with + Show Spoiler +
Arthur taking back the Capital to get Excalibur
CUTE MAKES RIGHT
Keyboard Warrior
Profile Joined December 2011
United States1178 Posts
October 27 2017 14:10 GMT
#123247
NEET brings back bad memories
Not your regular Keyboard Warrior ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
October 27 2017 15:08 GMT
#123248
I'm having a really hard time finding something that keeps my attention as well as Hunter X Hunter. I've started watching Onepiece, but it just isn't as captivating yet. I'm only on episode 9, but HxH did such a better job at establishing a core struggle and eluding to mystery and stuff like that.

I feel like one of the great parts of HxH is slowly learning more and more about some of the core dynamics and the politics between different factions and whatnot. HxH always had me needing to see the next episode for the sake of the continuity of the show. I just don't get that in Onepiece or many other shows. Can anyone recommend a show that has a great continuity to the show that keeps you always needing to see the next episode? Onepiece is fun, but it doesn't give me the same need to binge. I want something that is a bit more tense that maybe addresses core struggles a bit more consistently.
Lackbleeder
Profile Joined May 2015
741 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-27 15:29:25
October 27 2017 15:27 GMT
#123249
On October 28 2017 00:08 Mohdoo wrote:
I'm having a really hard time finding something that keeps my attention as well as Hunter X Hunter. I've started watching Onepiece, but it just isn't as captivating yet. I'm only on episode 9, but HxH did such a better job at establishing a core struggle and eluding to mystery and stuff like that.

I feel like one of the great parts of HxH is slowly learning more and more about some of the core dynamics and the politics between different factions and whatnot. HxH always had me needing to see the next episode for the sake of the continuity of the show. I just don't get that in Onepiece or many other shows. Can anyone recommend a show that has a great continuity to the show that keeps you always needing to see the next episode? Onepiece is fun, but it doesn't give me the same need to binge. I want something that is a bit more tense that maybe addresses core struggles a bit more consistently.

What else besides HxH did you like ?

Based on what you enjoyed about HxH you'd probably like Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Here's the watch order.
Somebody once told me za warudo is gonna roll me
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-27 15:30:53
October 27 2017 15:30 GMT
#123250
On October 28 2017 00:27 Lackbleeder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2017 00:08 Mohdoo wrote:
I'm having a really hard time finding something that keeps my attention as well as Hunter X Hunter. I've started watching Onepiece, but it just isn't as captivating yet. I'm only on episode 9, but HxH did such a better job at establishing a core struggle and eluding to mystery and stuff like that.

I feel like one of the great parts of HxH is slowly learning more and more about some of the core dynamics and the politics between different factions and whatnot. HxH always had me needing to see the next episode for the sake of the continuity of the show. I just don't get that in Onepiece or many other shows. Can anyone recommend a show that has a great continuity to the show that keeps you always needing to see the next episode? Onepiece is fun, but it doesn't give me the same need to binge. I want something that is a bit more tense that maybe addresses core struggles a bit more consistently.

What else besides HxH did you like ?

Based on what you enjoyed about HxH you'd probably like Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Here's the watch order.



I enjoyed Evangelion, One Punch Man and Attack on Titan a lot. All of those shows felt more like really long movies than episodes. Also enjoyed DBZ a lot for the same reason. I am basically looking for an anime that is just an insanely long movie.

In HxH, I really liked the power scaling and how you can really feel the characters getting stronger and taking on bigger challenges. Feels like an amazing movie rather than individual episodes.

Also, thanks a ton for the recommendation! I'll check that out!
Aznupdown
Profile Joined December 2012
Canada318 Posts
October 27 2017 16:31 GMT
#123251
On October 28 2017 00:30 Mohdoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2017 00:27 Lackbleeder wrote:
On October 28 2017 00:08 Mohdoo wrote:
I'm having a really hard time finding something that keeps my attention as well as Hunter X Hunter. I've started watching Onepiece, but it just isn't as captivating yet. I'm only on episode 9, but HxH did such a better job at establishing a core struggle and eluding to mystery and stuff like that.

I feel like one of the great parts of HxH is slowly learning more and more about some of the core dynamics and the politics between different factions and whatnot. HxH always had me needing to see the next episode for the sake of the continuity of the show. I just don't get that in Onepiece or many other shows. Can anyone recommend a show that has a great continuity to the show that keeps you always needing to see the next episode? Onepiece is fun, but it doesn't give me the same need to binge. I want something that is a bit more tense that maybe addresses core struggles a bit more consistently.

What else besides HxH did you like ?

Based on what you enjoyed about HxH you'd probably like Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Here's the watch order.



I enjoyed Evangelion, One Punch Man and Attack on Titan a lot. All of those shows felt more like really long movies than episodes. Also enjoyed DBZ a lot for the same reason. I am basically looking for an anime that is just an insanely long movie.

In HxH, I really liked the power scaling and how you can really feel the characters getting stronger and taking on bigger challenges. Feels like an amazing movie rather than individual episodes.

Also, thanks a ton for the recommendation! I'll check that out!


D.Grayman
I said hiii
Lackbleeder
Profile Joined May 2015
741 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-27 16:39:41
October 27 2017 16:33 GMT
#123252
On October 28 2017 00:30 Mohdoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2017 00:27 Lackbleeder wrote:
On October 28 2017 00:08 Mohdoo wrote:
I'm having a really hard time finding something that keeps my attention as well as Hunter X Hunter. I've started watching Onepiece, but it just isn't as captivating yet. I'm only on episode 9, but HxH did such a better job at establishing a core struggle and eluding to mystery and stuff like that.

I feel like one of the great parts of HxH is slowly learning more and more about some of the core dynamics and the politics between different factions and whatnot. HxH always had me needing to see the next episode for the sake of the continuity of the show. I just don't get that in Onepiece or many other shows. Can anyone recommend a show that has a great continuity to the show that keeps you always needing to see the next episode? Onepiece is fun, but it doesn't give me the same need to binge. I want something that is a bit more tense that maybe addresses core struggles a bit more consistently.

What else besides HxH did you like ?

Based on what you enjoyed about HxH you'd probably like Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Here's the watch order.



I enjoyed Evangelion, One Punch Man and Attack on Titan a lot. All of those shows felt more like really long movies than episodes. Also enjoyed DBZ a lot for the same reason. I am basically looking for an anime that is just an insanely long movie.

In HxH, I really liked the power scaling and how you can really feel the characters getting stronger and taking on bigger challenges. Feels like an amazing movie rather than individual episodes.

Also, thanks a ton for the recommendation! I'll check that out!


So non-episodic shows ? Check out some of these :

Baccano : 1930's mafia show with achronological storytelling.
Fate/Zero : Battle royale with historical charactes.
Madoka : Similar to NGE.
JoJo's : Hammy action adventure show with battle of wits.
Ping Pong : Character-driven sports show.
Shinsekai Yori : Post-apocaliptic mystery thriller.
Death Note : Crime thriller with battle of wits.
Steins;Gate : Time-travel mystery thriller.
Fullmetal Alchemist : Brotherhood : Remake of Fullmetal alchemist, Action adventure show.

For FMA:B I've only seen the 2003 version so i can't personally recommend it but it's consistently highly rated in most websites so it's probably a safe bet.
Somebody once told me za warudo is gonna roll me
Aznupdown
Profile Joined December 2012
Canada318 Posts
October 27 2017 16:59 GMT
#123253
I personally liked the original FMA. Found it more serious and gory up until the storyline split from the original manga. From then on its all FMA:B
I said hiii
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
October 27 2017 18:16 GMT
#123254
On October 28 2017 00:08 Mohdoo wrote:
I'm having a really hard time finding something that keeps my attention as well as Hunter X Hunter. I've started watching Onepiece, but it just isn't as captivating yet. I'm only on episode 9, but HxH did such a better job at establishing a core struggle and eluding to mystery and stuff like that.

I feel like one of the great parts of HxH is slowly learning more and more about some of the core dynamics and the politics between different factions and whatnot. HxH always had me needing to see the next episode for the sake of the continuity of the show. I just don't get that in Onepiece or many other shows. Can anyone recommend a show that has a great continuity to the show that keeps you always needing to see the next episode? Onepiece is fun, but it doesn't give me the same need to binge. I want something that is a bit more tense that maybe addresses core struggles a bit more consistently.

I'm a big fan of One Piece, but its one of those shows you definitely have to commit to. The early episodes are fine, but the show doesn't really hit its stride until like... 40? episodes in. And all things considered, 40 episode is a lot, but then it more or less keeps up with that afterwards for several hundred. One Piece definitely does have what you are talking about, you just won't start seeing it until deeper into the show.
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
October 27 2017 19:51 GMT
#123255
On October 28 2017 03:16 Sentenal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2017 00:08 Mohdoo wrote:
I'm having a really hard time finding something that keeps my attention as well as Hunter X Hunter. I've started watching Onepiece, but it just isn't as captivating yet. I'm only on episode 9, but HxH did such a better job at establishing a core struggle and eluding to mystery and stuff like that.

I feel like one of the great parts of HxH is slowly learning more and more about some of the core dynamics and the politics between different factions and whatnot. HxH always had me needing to see the next episode for the sake of the continuity of the show. I just don't get that in Onepiece or many other shows. Can anyone recommend a show that has a great continuity to the show that keeps you always needing to see the next episode? Onepiece is fun, but it doesn't give me the same need to binge. I want something that is a bit more tense that maybe addresses core struggles a bit more consistently.

I'm a big fan of One Piece, but its one of those shows you definitely have to commit to. The early episodes are fine, but the show doesn't really hit its stride until like... 40? episodes in. And all things considered, 40 episode is a lot, but then it more or less keeps up with that afterwards for several hundred. One Piece definitely does have what you are talking about, you just won't start seeing it until deeper into the show.

Yeah, nami backstory arc is when people get addicted and the series becomes actual crack.
Moderator。◕‿◕。
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18761 Posts
October 27 2017 20:09 GMT
#123256
On October 28 2017 04:51 Harem wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2017 03:16 Sentenal wrote:
On October 28 2017 00:08 Mohdoo wrote:
I'm having a really hard time finding something that keeps my attention as well as Hunter X Hunter. I've started watching Onepiece, but it just isn't as captivating yet. I'm only on episode 9, but HxH did such a better job at establishing a core struggle and eluding to mystery and stuff like that.

I feel like one of the great parts of HxH is slowly learning more and more about some of the core dynamics and the politics between different factions and whatnot. HxH always had me needing to see the next episode for the sake of the continuity of the show. I just don't get that in Onepiece or many other shows. Can anyone recommend a show that has a great continuity to the show that keeps you always needing to see the next episode? Onepiece is fun, but it doesn't give me the same need to binge. I want something that is a bit more tense that maybe addresses core struggles a bit more consistently.

I'm a big fan of One Piece, but its one of those shows you definitely have to commit to. The early episodes are fine, but the show doesn't really hit its stride until like... 40? episodes in. And all things considered, 40 episode is a lot, but then it more or less keeps up with that afterwards for several hundred. One Piece definitely does have what you are talking about, you just won't start seeing it until deeper into the show.

Yeah, nami backstory arc is when people get addicted and the series becomes actual crack.


It also has the first big badass moment with the walk to arlong park!
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-27 20:29:41
October 27 2017 20:25 GMT
#123257
I need to re watch that arc because it was amazing.

The walk to Arlong Park, the villagers going off to fight and die, Luffy going apeshit when he saw Nami's "room". All great moments.
Never Knows Best.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
October 27 2017 20:35 GMT
#123258
I'm not sure if the anime just got worse or I noticed it finally but man it became a slideshow so badly that I just couldn't handle it anymore. Think that was around the time they go to that island that's ice/fire.
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18761 Posts
October 27 2017 20:40 GMT
#123259
On October 28 2017 05:35 Numy wrote:
I'm not sure if the anime just got worse or I noticed it finally but man it became a slideshow so badly that I just couldn't handle it anymore. Think that was around the time they go to that island that's ice/fire.


It's a disgrace how they are ruining OP with the anime for the last years yeah
Lackbleeder
Profile Joined May 2015
741 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-27 20:55:48
October 27 2017 20:55 GMT
#123260
The pacing got progressively worse over the years as they caught up to the manga and decided to produce less filler arcs. It was still fine up to Sabaody imo but after that i'm guessing the production committee figured people were going to watch one piece regardless of the pacing or animation and decided to outsource to the philippines more.

Also doesn't help that the post-timeskip arcs have slowed down and that Oda took (takes ?) a break every month (haven't read one pice the last 2 years so I don't know if he still takes breaks).
Somebody once told me za warudo is gonna roll me
Prev 1 6161 6162 6163 6164 6165 6486 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3146
Soma 368
Rush 298
Killer 95
ToSsGirL 88
Mong 76
Shinee 53
Counter-Strike
olofmeister643
byalli626
ceh9554
shoxiejesuss522
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King111
Other Games
summit1g6442
Happy411
dupreeh258
Sick247
crisheroes165
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 39
• killerbeecast4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1184
• Stunt424
Upcoming Events
OSC
14h 14m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 1h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 8h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 10h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.