• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:59
CEST 19:59
KST 02:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8832 users

Anime Discussion Thread - Page 6162

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6160 6161 6162 6163 6164 6486 Next
If you come in here looking for "anime recommendations" then please refer to this chart before posting: Anime Recommendations (as of may 2014). We also have an IRC channel called #tladt where we all hang out. The channel is on Rizon, not QuakeNet! Feel free to check it out. TLADT discord is Discord.gg

For currently airing anime, please see Anichart.net
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
October 26 2017 06:23 GMT
#123221
I actually just kinda stopped reading Nanatsu no Taizai. Kinda just lost interest in the new arc.
Never Knows Best.
Lackbleeder
Profile Joined May 2015
741 Posts
October 26 2017 11:20 GMT
#123222
On October 26 2017 15:23 Slaughter wrote:
I actually just kinda stopped reading Nanatsu no Taizai. Kinda just lost interest in the new arc.

Same here, the art was also pretty bad imo. I'm gonna give S2 a shot though because the anime art is better and pride is a fun character.
Somebody once told me za warudo is gonna roll me
Dark_Chill
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada3353 Posts
October 26 2017 14:10 GMT
#123223
Really odd to me that people liked SDS part 1 more than part 2. Pride and the Ten Commandments really put a lot of life in the series.
CUTE MAKES RIGHT
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-26 18:32:21
October 26 2017 18:30 GMT
#123224
On October 26 2017 09:39 IceHism wrote:
Mondaiji is way better than ngnl. It actually takes its female characters seriously for one and gives them long character arcs. Tbf it has like 10+ more volumes counting the main series and it's sequel, last embryo.

At the end of the day it's obviously just my personal opinion but like I said, Mondaiji really felt a lot like the smartphone anime from recently to me.

You always knew that Sora&Shiro would bullshit their way out of every situation just the same way you knew that Onii-sama would blow everything up but despite them being OP for no real reason other than that being cool, it still felt entertaining to watch the way they pulled it off. At least to me.
That's mostly why I compared it to those two. I could have gone with OPM as well to make that comparison but that would have gone too far in showing the difference of something pulling it off well (OPM) and Mondaiji not doing so at all.

So to me it really just felt extremly bland and boring about how they let the MCs own everything in their way with not even a hint of attempted tension. So aside from bunnygirl being bunnygirl it didn't really have anything for me and I'm not even Kaze so that wasn't too much it had going either.
Maybe the source is better, idk. I've heard people talking about how smartphone-anime was supposedly fairly good sourcewise as well but they just completly butchered it tempo-wise which made the whole problem so much worse.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Emnjay808
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States10666 Posts
October 26 2017 19:04 GMT
#123225
Hi Toad,

I remember you said I could watch one of the Bake seasons for the TI bet? Which one was it
Skol
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-26 19:31:47
October 26 2017 19:24 GMT
#123226
Owarimonogatari 2nd season because it makes the least sense without knowing anything if you haven't watched since Nise

lol, open MAL, scroll down to recommendations, see a bunch of "if you liked X you'll like Y" for stuff that's only on my list because I dropped it, wonder to myself why they even include these kind of things for reccomendations, suddenly see it's two-ways:

[image loading]

and had to laugh
I mean that basicly means he's right, right? Is there a way to flag this as "this was helpful" for those mini-reviews?
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
October 26 2017 19:31 GMT
#123227
or just have him continue after Nise...
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
October 26 2017 19:36 GMT
#123228
Wait do you dropped Rokka and Grimgar? Sheesh.
Never Knows Best.
Emnjay808
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States10666 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-26 19:42:52
October 26 2017 19:42 GMT
#123229
TIL Toad dropped Grimgar.

ded2me
Skol
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-26 22:29:03
October 26 2017 22:27 GMT
#123230
I approve of Toad's decision.

Grimgar seemed meh like 5 minutes in. Low concept executed averagely. Tried Rokka and didn't seem impressive. Even the person who said he liked it acknowledged that he really had nothing of merit to say about it.

This season's alright. Girl's Last Tour is comfy. New Kino isn't as kino as old Kino but w/e, and waifu cocktail anime is pretty moe
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
October 26 2017 22:46 GMT
#123231
KitaEri pretending to be drunk is best KitaEri

I will give Grimgar that it had a couple good things going for it to make people watch the first couple episodes like the nice visuals in general, the music and the assshot of the hunter girl, but couldn't be bothered to watch more after like... ep3 or so?
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
October 26 2017 23:01 GMT
#123232
I forgot about the NEET anime. That's alright too. Kind of sucks it's only going to be 10 episodes.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
October 26 2017 23:02 GMT
#123233
Mfw 5 min of an anime is considered legit to judge it by.


I am more a fan of the Rokka source but I did appreciate them using the entire season to cover one volune of the LN. Jist sucks they won't do more.
Never Knows Best.
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-26 23:06:44
October 26 2017 23:05 GMT
#123234
On October 27 2017 08:02 Slaughter wrote:
Mfw 5 min of an anime is considered legit to judge it by.
W-w-w-what if we landed in a fantasy land but weren't naturally talented or gifted at survival or fighting?

Wow. Such excite. Very against the grain. I'm not sure what's up with people who keep going for novelty in these sorts of isekai/teleport to another world kind of shows, but I feel like after all that's said and done, SAO or NGNL might still be the best out of the lot of them despite being the most generic.

For what it's worth, I watched more than five minutes, but it's not like any of it was any more impressive. It's just a low brow concept idea that was executed averagely with a mildly unique aesthetic.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
October 26 2017 23:13 GMT
#123235
On October 27 2017 08:05 Zergneedsfood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2017 08:02 Slaughter wrote:
Mfw 5 min of an anime is considered legit to judge it by.
W-w-w-what if we landed in a fantasy land but weren't naturally talented or gifted at survival or fighting?

Wow. Such excite. Very against the grain. I'm not sure what's up with people who keep going for novelty in these sorts of isekai/teleport to another world kind of shows, but I feel like after all that's said and done, SAO or NGNL might still be the best out of the lot of them despite being the most generic.

For what it's worth, I watched more than five minutes, but it's not like any of it was any more impressive. It's just a low brow concept idea that was executed averagely with a mildly unique aesthetic.


Ok you are either trolling or know nothing about the genre.
Never Knows Best.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-26 23:43:55
October 26 2017 23:39 GMT
#123236
I think Rokka just flat out doesn't work as Anime if it's anything like I expected it to be after being told a bit about it. That is to say, I don't think a halfway-through version that has some kind of cut inbetween without a continuation will be satisfying, ever.
And that's just the reality of Anime. You won't get a full adaptation of LNs except for some very select few inbetween.
And Rokka in particular seemed like something that you need to finish to get to an "end". Again, I dropped it and hence didn't even bother picking up the LNs but that's the impression I got for it.

Whereas other anime, even if they don't get adapted fully, even if they get the "lol sucks to be you, go read the LN" treatment or the biggest cliffhanger ever (like in NGNL), they can still have their repective arcs that have some kind of ending to them. Which I just didn't think would happen with Rokka after hearing a bit about it and where it would stop so I didn't bother.

Grimgar I really don't understand why anyone watched aside from the art. I'll say that I wouldn't be as harsh as ZNF on it as I thought it looked quite nice (as opposed to "mildly unique aesthetic") but not enough to keep me in there. Oh I also remember "oppai mage" being a term. So that probably kept me in a bit longer as well.
Doesn't mean I think it's repulsive or bad but between GATE and KonoSuba airing in the same season I just didn't feel like I needed another one and never felt like going back to it either. That season was just too packed in general. Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu was airing, Boku Dake ga Inai Machi and a shitton of other series I ended up watching that weren't better or worse but ended up getting prioritized due to them being something different.

Also, NGNL has provided us with the best radio-show that ever came out of anime so I'm going to agree with ZNF if just for that :3
Man I really fell in love with that series ever since the movie was announced. I didn't use to love it THAT much. Aside from Kayanon+Matsuoka radio which always has been pure love.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-26 23:48:49
October 26 2017 23:47 GMT
#123237
Lol Toad I like ngnl too but you have to admit it is the eromanga-sensei of the genre. It is the lowest of trash. Even you hated some of the vol (mermaid arc anyone?)
Never Knows Best.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-27 00:24:05
October 26 2017 23:51 GMT
#123238
I obviously hated the mermaid arc but the rest was fine so far. I certainly wouldn't call it the eromanga-sensei of the genre.

//edit: To specify that a bit more... if you'd say that NGNL is trashy I'd agree with that statement but I don't think it's anything like eromanga-sensei, the whole package (as in, NGNL to the genre overall vs eromanga-sensei to the... "genre" if we can call it that)

Eromanga-sensei, aside from throwing "scandalous" characters saying "I love dicks" for the sake of cheap attention grabs was the blandest thing ever. All from a setting-, character-, visual-, voice- and every other possible viewpoint I can think of.
The OP and ED were good though.

ngnl at least had more value to make all that trashy entertainment actually entertaining for me.
From visuals that I absolutely loved, to a voice-cast that's just on another level, to characters that just look so much more interesting. Give me these two characters + Show Spoiler [picture] +
[image loading]
[image loading]
to look at and I can easily tell you which one catches my eye first. I'll give Eromanga-sensei that it's kind of unfair to compare characters like Jibril, the Noto-elf and other fantasy-esque characters (as well as promo art vs regular screenshot but couldn't find anything better for sagiri) to characters that are supposed to be regular schoolkids but the point still stands.
It just was less bland that way even if that's an advantage of the setting and nothing else or Mad House being a boss, or them going for someone who thought it's cool to color a world in 1015815 different hues of pink.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
IceHism
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1903 Posts
October 27 2017 01:23 GMT
#123239
I liked grimgar a lot but that’s mainly cause I liked Mary too much. Best priest.
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51622 Posts
October 27 2017 02:17 GMT
#123240
On October 26 2017 23:10 Dark_Chill wrote:
Really odd to me that people liked SDS part 1 more than part 2. Pride and the Ten Commandments really put a lot of life in the series.

true but the current arc has been all over the place, I got some hope from this week's chapter.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Prev 1 6160 6161 6162 6163 6164 6486 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 603
UpATreeSC 123
ProTech94
JuggernautJason25
MindelVK 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32696
Calm 3446
Shuttle 1126
actioN 216
firebathero 168
Hyuk 109
Barracks 107
Dewaltoss 97
Liquid`Ret 67
Hyun 30
[ Show more ]
HiyA 26
Aegong 24
Free 23
Bale 23
soO 22
NaDa 19
PianO 17
Shine 14
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8872
XaKoH 367
Fuzer 103
League of Legends
KnowMe77
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1474
fl0m1231
x6flipin509
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu137
Other Games
singsing2011
FrodaN1255
Beastyqt693
ceh9405
B2W.Neo381
mouzStarbuck314
byalli199
Livibee194
C9.Mang0167
RotterdaM89
Trikslyr79
Mew2King58
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 62
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV416
Other Games
• Shiphtur864
• imaqtpie654
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 16m
Replay Cast
5h 1m
OSC
1d 5h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 16h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 23h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.