• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:55
CEST 11:55
KST 18:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)36Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7731 users

[TV] Hannibal - Page 28

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 35 Next All
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
May 18 2014 20:59 GMT
#541
On May 19 2014 05:46 BurningSera wrote:
Just when i want to say that I find Scully's overly slow way of speaking is rather annoying to me and how distasteful to see when he is cutting himself to feed to the pig (dog) (while i very much enjoy the psychological gore in that part...is just that it is rather hard to 'manipulate' someone in reality to do so...professionally i would love to know what is that lol), and then i realized that he is the same disfigured character in Hannibal the movie...damn...nicely done so, this is already 100% better than that mediocre movie.

If this Mason2.0 gave us some amazing speech before this episode ended, I'd agree that he is near Heath's joker performance. Show me some intense (mad) hatred towards hannibal man.


I believe Mason Verger was given amyl nitrate, pcp and meth.

Honestly, I've heard of crazier shit involving pcp.
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
BurningSera
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Ireland19621 Posts
May 18 2014 21:54 GMT
#542
On May 19 2014 05:59 Mindcrime wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2014 05:46 BurningSera wrote:
Just when i want to say that I find Scully's overly slow way of speaking is rather annoying to me and how distasteful to see when he is cutting himself to feed to the pig (dog) (while i very much enjoy the psychological gore in that part...is just that it is rather hard to 'manipulate' someone in reality to do so...professionally i would love to know what is that lol), and then i realized that he is the same disfigured character in Hannibal the movie...damn...nicely done so, this is already 100% better than that mediocre movie.

If this Mason2.0 gave us some amazing speech before this episode ended, I'd agree that he is near Heath's joker performance. Show me some intense (mad) hatred towards hannibal man.


I believe Mason Verger was given amyl nitrate, pcp and meth.

Honestly, I've heard of crazier shit involving pcp.


I doubt even LSD can affect someone to do something like that (it is supposedly to be the most potent hallucinogen) but the point is that you cant have hallucination+inflicted pain on the same person, hallucinating can make crazy shit happens but your sensation is intensified heavily that you will feel immerse pain from hurting yourself just a little (kinky spanking is a thing, cutting off your nose is a whole new level of pain); while feeling numb/losing the ability to perceive pain while staying awake at that level of hardcore self inflicting pain (plus under the effect of powerful hallucinogen) is quite....impossible.

but yeah, i am not too bothered with the science behind since they delivered such a beautiful disturbing scene...
is 2017, stop being lame, fuck's sakes. 'Can't wait for the rise of the cakes and humanity's last stand tbqh.'
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
May 18 2014 22:05 GMT
#543
I'm not sure why you're bringing up LSD; they're not the same kind of drug. Unlike LSD, PCP is a dissociative and was originally developed as an anesthetic and is still sometimes used as an animal tranquilizer.
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
BurningSera
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Ireland19621 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-18 22:21:46
May 18 2014 22:19 GMT
#544
caused you do need some level of hallucination (he is seeing the dog as pig) to do so, and high dose of pcp can give some schizophrenic-like effects, causing delusions, hallucinations etc. but can one be that functional (talking nicely and accurately identify Will and cutting off nose) is what i concern on, despite whatever 'anaesthetic' effect pcp gives (i have only heard about one feeling drowsy and disgusted/nausea from pcp tbh).
is 2017, stop being lame, fuck's sakes. 'Can't wait for the rise of the cakes and humanity's last stand tbqh.'
URfavHO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States514 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-19 09:37:46
May 19 2014 09:36 GMT
#545
dangggg I feel like Michael Pitt, the actor for Mason Verger, could have played a good Joker in the Batman series.

Edit: lol someone else seems to have had the same though already xD
Lylat
Profile Joined August 2009
France8575 Posts
May 19 2014 17:44 GMT
#546
What the hell did I just watch lol
"I'm so full of myself" hahaha
esKq
Profile Joined April 2010
France134 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-20 14:02:34
May 20 2014 14:00 GMT
#547
Very disturbing scene indeed, kept me a bit awake last night :/

However I am wondering if Hannibal intentionally paralyzed M.Verger or did he failed to break his neck ?

If I remember correctly he checked Verger's pulse after breaking his neck so he was aware of his survival and he didn't finish him off.


Also I had a strong sense of deja-vu when Hannibal expertedly killed one of Mason henchman with a scalpel slice to the leg.
Did this particuliar scene was present in the movie Hannibal ?
IdrA : "I don't play Terran coz I have self respect"
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
May 20 2014 16:03 GMT
#548
If Hannibal killed verger on the spot, Will could've just arrested him there.

Hannibal knew that but still want to give Verger a piece of his mind.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
Warfie
Profile Joined February 2009
Norway2849 Posts
May 20 2014 17:48 GMT
#549
Yea I definitely had the impression he intentionally left him alive but paralyzed just to ruin his life in an even greater way. Also I loved the way they did the part where Hannibal is cut loose by Will, like a beast unleashed. Part of what makes Hannibal so interesting and mythical is how they are keeping information from us. Would be pretty lame to have an action sequence right there imo. Like what would Will think after waking up in that spot? I would be scared shitless of this inhuman creature and his capabilities.
esKq
Profile Joined April 2010
France134 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-21 09:44:47
May 21 2014 09:43 GMT
#550
On May 21 2014 01:03 Xiphos wrote:
If Hannibal killed verger on the spot, Will could've just arrested him there.

Hannibal knew that but still want to give Verger a piece of his mind.


I'm pretty sure breaking the neck of someone is worthy of an arrest.

The physical and psychological state of Verger would give law enforcement enough reason to detain Hannibal and search his house leading to a swift arrest & conviction.

I'm pretty sure Will didn't arrest Hannibal there because he wanted to avenge Margot and their unborn child.
IdrA : "I don't play Terran coz I have self respect"
Warfie
Profile Joined February 2009
Norway2849 Posts
May 21 2014 10:05 GMT
#551
On May 21 2014 18:43 esKq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2014 01:03 Xiphos wrote:
If Hannibal killed verger on the spot, Will could've just arrested him there.

Hannibal knew that but still want to give Verger a piece of his mind.


I'm pretty sure breaking the neck of someone is worthy of an arrest.

The physical and psychological state of Verger would give law enforcement enough reason to detain Hannibal and search his house leading to a swift arrest & conviction.

I'm pretty sure Will didn't arrest Hannibal there because he wanted to avenge Margot and their unborn child.

They don't know he's hiding shit in his house though. Imagine fiding nothing, Hannibal is charged with assault or whatever and walks fairly fast. Also what do you mean when you say he wants to avenge Margot, arresting Hannibal or not doesn't change what happens to Mason?
esKq
Profile Joined April 2010
France134 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-21 12:29:10
May 21 2014 11:55 GMT
#552
On May 21 2014 19:05 Warfie wrote:
They don't know he's hiding shit in his house though. Imagine fiding nothing, Hannibal is charged with assault or whatever and walks fairly fast.


I don't live in the US but I'm sure that the sentence for puting a man in a wheelchair will cost him at least his medical license.
Even if Mason doesn't press charges, the testimony of Will is enough.

Whatever substances that can be found in Mason's blood would also implicate Hannibal.

On May 21 2014 19:05 Warfie wrote:
Also what do you mean when you say he wants to avenge Margot, arresting Hannibal or not doesn't change what happens to Mason?


I implied that Will let Hannibal do his things in order to avenge what Mason has done to his sister. Retribution at its finest without getting his hands dirty.
IdrA : "I don't play Terran coz I have self respect"
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
May 22 2014 21:46 GMT
#553
Warfie
Profile Joined February 2009
Norway2849 Posts
May 22 2014 22:23 GMT
#554
On May 21 2014 20:55 esKq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2014 19:05 Warfie wrote:
They don't know he's hiding shit in his house though. Imagine fiding nothing, Hannibal is charged with assault or whatever and walks fairly fast.


I don't live in the US but I'm sure that the sentence for puting a man in a wheelchair will cost him at least his medical license.
Even if Mason doesn't press charges, the testimony of Will is enough.

Whatever substances that can be found in Mason's blood would also implicate Hannibal.

Yeah probably, but it seems Jack thinks he's put too much on the line to not get a real murder charge. At least I got that impression when he was pressuring Will
esKq
Profile Joined April 2010
France134 Posts
May 23 2014 08:39 GMT
#555
On May 23 2014 07:23 Warfie wrote:
Yeah probably, but it seems Jack thinks he's put too much on the line to not get a real murder charge. At least I got that impression when he was pressuring Will


That's also a possibility indeed.

Am I wrong or is the finale tonight ?
IdrA : "I don't play Terran coz I have self respect"
AlternativeEgo
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden17309 Posts
May 23 2014 09:41 GMT
#556
Yep. And then we'll have to wait to 2015 something for more :/
Mark Munoz looks like Gretorp
Nyxisto
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany6287 Posts
May 24 2014 04:24 GMT
#557
Wtf did just happen?
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
May 24 2014 04:27 GMT
#558
It felt more like a series's finale than a season's.

I'm scratching my head on how will the production team outdo this season's direction.
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
ROOTdrewbie
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1392 Posts
May 24 2014 04:45 GMT
#559
holy shit
www.root-gaming.com
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-24 04:51:46
May 24 2014 04:51 GMT
#560
No words.

I'm emotionally exhausted. Best episode of TV I've seen since Ozymandias.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 35 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech128
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1571
Bisu 742
BeSt 365
Horang2 276
Hyuk 271
actioN 203
Leta 149
Zeus 147
EffOrt 126
Jaedong 118
[ Show more ]
Light 110
ZerO 72
Soma 72
Shinee 48
Mind 41
Mong 40
Killer 37
soO 29
Aegong 29
ToSsGirL 27
PianO 21
Bale 21
sorry 17
Terrorterran 15
hero 14
Sharp 14
Pusan 11
HiyA 9
JulyZerg 8
Noble 7
Rush 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe158
League of Legends
JimRising 367
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1239
shoxiejesuss960
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King187
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1929
Other Games
gofns33472
summit1g8251
singsing1531
ceh9655
crisheroes303
XBOCT257
DeMusliM155
ArmadaUGS107
Livibee99
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick526
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream231
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH268
• LUISG 14
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2268
League of Legends
• Jankos2053
• Rush1278
• Stunt423
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5m
OSC
3h 5m
Stellar Fest
3h 5m
OSC
14h 5m
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.