• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:23
CEST 02:23
KST 09:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1 [IPSL] IPSL is Back With Winter 26-27!
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10935 users

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Page 699

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 697 698 699 700 701 771 Next
No, this is not a joke/trolling thread. We don't need more filler posts asking if it is.

Remember to spoiler season 6 content, and clearly label your spoilers.
Gary Oak
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada2381 Posts
January 27 2013 08:03 GMT
#13961
On January 27 2013 16:56 Frigo wrote:
I've just set up a FiMFiction account where I am going to collect the fan fictions I deem of perfect quality. I am going to detail the definition of "perfect", so far I only accept complete, cohesive works with such integrity that disallows even a single incongruous scene, and production quality and reading experience that places them far above most fan fictions.

Length, style or theme does generally not matter, however, micro stories, clopfics, gore/horror and troll fics are quite obviously out of the question. Complexity is only taken into account in extreme cases.

Famous works do not automatically get their ticket, there are indeed errors, inconsistent quality or WTF scenes in works like Past Sins, My Little Dashie or even Anthropology.

I'm awaiting recommendations.

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Treasure Chest

There is a currently a website that performs this very task. Oddly enough, Past Sins did not make it in due to aforementioned faults it has. I think Fallout: Equestria was the only story given the "popularity free ticket" of all the big names (I'd have to ask RBDash47 if it made it in strictly by its merit alone).
[14:15] <+Skrammen> I like clicking Gary's links, kinda. Its like playing with lava.
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
January 27 2013 09:10 GMT
#13962
It's done

[image loading]
ModeratorGood content always wins.
aloT
Profile Joined April 2010
England1042 Posts
January 27 2013 09:16 GMT
#13963
Where is Twilight?
Phearlock
Profile Joined December 2007
Norway400 Posts
January 27 2013 10:25 GMT
#13964
On January 27 2013 17:03 Gary Oak wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On January 27 2013 16:56 Frigo wrote:
I've just set up a FiMFiction account where I am going to collect the fan fictions I deem of perfect quality. I am going to detail the definition of "perfect", so far I only accept complete, cohesive works with such integrity that disallows even a single incongruous scene, and production quality and reading experience that places them far above most fan fictions.

Length, style or theme does generally not matter, however, micro stories, clopfics, gore/horror and troll fics are quite obviously out of the question. Complexity is only taken into account in extreme cases.

Famous works do not automatically get their ticket, there are indeed errors, inconsistent quality or WTF scenes in works like Past Sins, My Little Dashie or even Anthropology.

I'm awaiting recommendations.

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Treasure Chest

There is a currently a website that performs this very task. Oddly enough, Past Sins did not make it in due to aforementioned faults it has. I think Fallout: Equestria was the only story given the "popularity free ticket" of all the big names (I'd have to ask RBDash47 if it made it in strictly by its merit alone).


Collections of "best fanfics" will never really end up as perfect anyway, since people will like different things and whatnot. There are several in the ponyfictionvault that I don't like myself but lots of other people do, and that's fine. But while it's impossible to make a list that's "perfect" for everyone, as long as it helps people find a few fics they enjoy, that's good.

One trend I do often notice is that fics with really good worldbuilding tend to do very well. Which pleases me greatly. Good characters and interesting worlds and settings are probably my 2 favorite things in fantasy/sci-fi stories in general.

I personally enjoyed FoE more than several over adventurefics on there. But I wouldn't rate it that much higher than Dangerous Business. (Thankfully Dangerous Business is on that site too so I can feel slightly justified, but yeah, still kinda subjective.) But I can still see how people sometimes are a bit miffed over just how popular it became, because yes it also has it's flaws. I remember being very hesitant to read it back in the day because it was "ugh, crossover fics" but I tried it and it was nice, (or not nice, because you know, ded ponies errywhere oh noes).

Also this entire post up until now might or might not have been an excuse to link to this E-rated shipfic that was posted a few days ago. http://www.fimfiction.net/story/78927/the-lavender-letter The silly thing made me make silly squee noises all over the place in a very unmanly fashion. yay.
Saurabhinator
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Australia347 Posts
January 27 2013 10:43 GMT
#13965
On January 27 2013 18:10 motbob wrote:
It's done

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Applejack has a lot more freckles than i remember.
#1 Rarity Fanboi. CA:http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?224569-Saura-Sketchbook/page7
RPR_Tempest
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Australia7799 Posts
January 27 2013 10:48 GMT
#13966
On January 27 2013 16:56 Frigo wrote:
I've just set up a FiMFiction account where I am going to collect the fan fictions I deem of perfect quality. I am going to detail the definition of "perfect", so far I only accept complete, cohesive works with such integrity that disallows even a single incongruous scene, and production quality and reading experience that places them far above most fan fictions.

Length, style or theme does generally not matter, however, micro stories, clopfics, gore/horror and troll fics are quite obviously out of the question. Complexity is only taken into account in extreme cases.

Famous works do not automatically get their ticket, there are indeed errors, inconsistent quality or WTF scenes in works like Past Sins, My Little Dashie or even Anthropology.

I'm awaiting recommendations.

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Treasure Chest

Ooh, okay. Here's some stuff that I like.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/45217/1/the-battle-of-fort-book/attack-on-fort-book

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/21017/1/keeping-your-hooves-on-the-ground/keeping-your-hooves-on-the-ground

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/3479/The-Games-We-Play

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/31793/a-delicate-balance

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/36203/friendship-is-magic-love-is-confusing

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/21583/twilights-list
Soundwave, Zerg player from Canberra, Australia. @SoundwaveSC
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
January 27 2013 12:54 GMT
#13967
On January 27 2013 16:56 Frigo wrote:
I've just set up a FiMFiction account where I am going to collect the fan fictions I deem of perfect quality. I am going to detail the definition of "perfect", so far I only accept complete, cohesive works with such integrity that disallows even a single incongruous scene, and production quality and reading experience that places them far above most fan fictions.

Length, style or theme does generally not matter, however, micro stories, clopfics, gore/horror and troll fics are quite obviously out of the question. Complexity is only taken into account in extreme cases.

Famous works do not automatically get their ticket, there are indeed errors, inconsistent quality or WTF scenes in works like Past Sins, My Little Dashie or even Anthropology.

I'm awaiting recommendations.

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Treasure Chest

I've only ever gotten past the first chapter of one fanfic
ModeratorGood content always wins.
Tritanis
Profile Joined November 2007
Poland344 Posts
January 27 2013 13:20 GMT
#13968
On January 27 2013 16:56 Frigo wrote:
I've just set up a FiMFiction account where I am going to collect the fan fictions I deem of perfect quality. I am going to detail the definition of "perfect", so far I only accept complete, cohesive works with such integrity that disallows even a single incongruous scene, and production quality and reading experience that places them far above most fan fictions.

Length, style or theme does generally not matter, however, micro stories, clopfics, gore/horror and troll fics are quite obviously out of the question. Complexity is only taken into account in extreme cases.

Famous works do not automatically get their ticket, there are indeed errors, inconsistent quality or WTF scenes in works like Past Sins, My Little Dashie or even Anthropology.

I'm awaiting recommendations.

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Treasure Chest

I'd recommend Upheaval: Breaking Point and its sequel Reckoning. The worldbuilding in this story alone is why it's one of my favourite mlp fics of all time. Although, the sequel is still incomplete so I don't know if the story as a whole will meet your requirements.
I live, I serve, I die for the Metal
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-27 13:48:29
January 27 2013 13:45 GMT
#13969
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
ModeratorGood content always wins.
jpak
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States5045 Posts
January 27 2013 13:53 GMT
#13970
The only fanfic I ever finished.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/4656/anthropology
CJ Entusman #50! #1 클템 fan TL!
[Agony]x90
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States853 Posts
January 27 2013 14:45 GMT
#13971
On January 27 2013 22:53 jpak wrote:
The only fanfic I ever finished.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/4656/anthropology


JF dodger since 2009
Jhuyt
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Sweden365 Posts
January 27 2013 18:14 GMT
#13972
That episode was great.
[17:32] <catphone> Roll for % cooler [17:32] <catphone> .roll d20 [17:32] <+Sweetiebot> catphone: 20 (d20=20)
Melliflue
Profile Joined October 2012
United Kingdom1389 Posts
January 27 2013 20:10 GMT
#13973
I watched yesterday's episode in bed with a cup of tea and some candlelight. The highlight of my week

+ Show Spoiler [S3 Ep11] +
I'm not keen on Spike but I still enjoyed the episode. Winona is adorable, but so were the moments between Rainbow Dash and Tank. Winona hanging off the tail of the food-selling pony on the train, with Opal licking the pony's head was also very cute. Winona just looks so happy all the time, even when flattened by the hair-dryer.

And it's great to see Cheerilie and Big Mac getting along.
zeroISM
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Japan161 Posts
January 27 2013 22:24 GMT
#13974
For Halvgud

♘
Guanyin
Profile Joined November 2011
Sweden38 Posts
January 27 2013 23:51 GMT
#13975
Quick qoestion before I go to bed in the middle of the night:

MLP group for FPL this round? It was alot less in the second round than in the first, People, get in there!
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-28 05:50:39
January 28 2013 05:43 GMT
#13976
[image loading]

[image loading]
ModeratorGood content always wins.
Melliflue
Profile Joined October 2012
United Kingdom1389 Posts
January 28 2013 08:39 GMT
#13977
motbob (although you've probably been asked many times before) where do you get all the art? If you do it yourself than that is amazing because they must take so much time, and there are various styles used.

On January 28 2013 08:51 Guanyin wrote:
Quick qoestion before I go to bed in the middle of the night:

MLP group for FPL this round? It was alot less in the second round than in the first, People, get in there!

I would join if there was a group
Phearlock
Profile Joined December 2007
Norway400 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-28 09:53:01
January 28 2013 09:52 GMT
#13978
While we have a few artist people (and fewer decent ones) most of the art posted in this thread is grabbed from following DA artists/groups as well as sometimes places like reddit/derpibooru unless otherwise stated.
jellybeanz
Profile Joined January 2013
United States4 Posts
January 28 2013 10:20 GMT
#13979
What are guys 15-35 watching this for? Seriously, I'm intrigued. Should I get a season and start watching?
"Bounce back from whatever."
Melliflue
Profile Joined October 2012
United Kingdom1389 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-28 10:34:09
January 28 2013 10:33 GMT
#13980
On January 28 2013 19:20 jellybeanz wrote:
What are guys 15-35 watching this for? Seriously, I'm intrigued. Should I get a season and start watching?

In the OP under "Notable Posts" there are a few links that might help explain why. I've been meaning to write up why I started watching and what I like about it but haven't found the time yet.

Edit: And thanks Phearlock
Prev 1 697 698 699 700 701 771 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings43
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta32
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
19:00
Jungsu & Hasu #1
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 141
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10978
Artosis 778
White-Ra 131
Dota 2
monkeys_forever788
League of Legends
Doublelift6441
JimRising 626
Counter-Strike
fl0m17931
minikerr1
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox859
AZ_Axe174
Other Games
summit1g8484
KnowMe258
Maynarde191
ArmadaUGS115
Mew2King36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1050
BasetradeTV182
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 10
lovetv 8
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 68
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 37m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
10h 37m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 37m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.