• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:33
CEST 20:33
KST 03:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9499 users

Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion - Page 10571

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10569 10570 10571 10572 10573 10602 Next
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-03-11 06:12:21
March 11 2023 06:09 GMT
#211401
On March 11 2023 15:01 Chewbacca. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2023 14:59 PassiveAce wrote:
Let's fucking gooooooooooooo

Post png/gif maybe?


Don't brutalize me too much.


https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1016460317053702246/1083963377203814431/lichess_study_rzebiaks-study_chapter-1_by_rzebiak_2023.03.11.gif

Wow that was a scary looking passed pawn on d6 lol. Nice win!!

Playing checkmate in your first rated game seems auspicious
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Chewbacca.
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3634 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-03-11 06:15:49
March 11 2023 06:14 GMT
#211402
Yeah, this was my first game ever in a time format longer than like 5-5. Thought I was lost there for a bit, but the f5 pawn and D4 rook really did wonders keeping his king out of the game.
Artisreal
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany9235 Posts
March 11 2023 10:04 GMT
#211403
Good job, best of success for the following games!
passive quaranstream fan
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
March 11 2023 10:11 GMT
#211404
Well played!
Moderator
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-03-11 15:29:03
March 11 2023 14:45 GMT
#211405
Learning how to play like a psychopath. Pretty sure this must have been losing but man is it fun to play nc3 when there's an enemy pawn on d4, nakhmanson style

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Engine says I'm losing badly if he played kg8 but I have forced mate down 10 points of material after he decided on ke8. Sounds about right
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Chewbacca.
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3634 Posts
March 12 2023 03:45 GMT
#211406
3-0 So far!
My second game I felt like I had a good position throughout. Was a bit nervous about a bishop sac on h3 at one point but it didn't occur. God knows I was probably completely lost, but I'll plug it into an engine later and post...

Third game we had an exchange fest that I miscalculated that he had check at one point and ended up in an endgame with two rooks versus three minor pieces and a pawn. Not proud of that game, but managed to win it in the end game with a passed pawn.
teddyoojo
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany22369 Posts
March 12 2023 11:39 GMT
#211407
post games
Esports historian since 2000. Creator of 'The Universe' and 'The best scrambled Eggs 2013'. Host of 'Star Wars Marathon 2015'. Thinker of 'teddyoojo's Thoughts'. Earths and Moons leading CS:GO expert. Lord of the Rings.
Chewbacca.
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3634 Posts
March 12 2023 13:24 GMT
#211408
Game 2, haven't got game 3 in yet: https://lichess.org/study/iyTjryQF
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-03-12 18:37:37
March 12 2023 17:50 GMT
#211409
On March 12 2023 22:24 Chewbacca. wrote:
Game 2, haven't got game 3 in yet: https://lichess.org/study/iyTjryQF

Lmao Teddy was complaining to me about how annoying it is to play against the nimzo-larsen just a few weeks ago

Nice game!! I like that nc4 to ne3 maneuver! Also I thought kh2 was understandable, I would have been nervous about the sac on h3 too since it seems kind of hard to bring in defensive pieces. the engine doesn't give a shit and plays nh2 qf3 but who wants to have to worry about all that??
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
teddyoojo
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany22369 Posts
March 12 2023 17:59 GMT
#211410
yeah fuck nimzo larsen its so anti chess
Esports historian since 2000. Creator of 'The Universe' and 'The best scrambled Eggs 2013'. Host of 'Star Wars Marathon 2015'. Thinker of 'teddyoojo's Thoughts'. Earths and Moons leading CS:GO expert. Lord of the Rings.
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
March 12 2023 18:08 GMT
#211411
Why do you hate good bishops??
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Unleashing
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark14978 Posts
March 14 2023 08:45 GMT
#211412
Oh would you look at that I forgot to reply.

On February 13 2023 04:08 PhoenixVoid wrote:
Sounds exciting, both the trip and IPO preparation. I'm just living as usual and have been picking up books again since last summer.

Noice. Good to hear. Any good books you'd recommend?
And yeah.. I mostly want to finish the IPO so I can exercise my options I was given 2 years ago lmao. Unless the financial markets crash (Oh hey SVB) it should be a nice chunk of money upfront. So that's making motivation to get it done pretty high.

Also Japan is A+ as a tourist. Trip there was a bit pricey (but luckily work paid for it) but being in Japan itself is stupidly cheap, at least coming from Danish prices.

On February 13 2023 17:05 PoulsenB wrote:
Oh hey Unleashing, glad to see you back

Cheers bud.


On February 13 2023 18:18 Faruko wrote:
Uuuh that sounds nice unleashing.

I'm preparing my eurotrip for later this year, August. Alongside going to Wacken.

Have a good trip. I can't help too much with where you're going sadly but are you gonna travel by train? Interrail/Eurail is pretty neat.


On February 16 2023 07:53 eieio wrote:
Oh shit, hey Unleashing, heya Bluemoon (I feel like I've seen you playing a lot of PoE? I was playing a lot of PoE for a while).

A life update for me is: I quit my fancy job at the end of last year after grinding pretty hard for ~7 years and am taking a year or two to relax and maybe eventually try to make a game. Chilling in New York with no responsibilities turns out to be pretty fun!

That sounds awesome. I get what you mean honestly.
I'm luckily not anywhere close to burnt out but my plan is without a doubt to create a stable foundation for my life so that doing stuff like that is an option if I'd ever want to.

On February 17 2023 09:40 PassiveAce wrote:
hey there unleashing and bluemoon, hope you guys have been well

Bit up bit down mostly just moving forward. Same to you my dude.

Hope y'all are good.
From the Ghastly Eyrie I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point I declare with utter certainty that this one is in the bag!
PhoenixVoid
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada32755 Posts
March 14 2023 15:50 GMT
#211413
On March 14 2023 17:45 Unleashing wrote:
Oh would you look at that I forgot to reply.

Show nested quote +
On February 13 2023 04:08 PhoenixVoid wrote:
Sounds exciting, both the trip and IPO preparation. I'm just living as usual and have been picking up books again since last summer.

Noice. Good to hear. Any good books you'd recommend?

I was quite fond of:

Our Man: Richard Holbrooke and the End of the American Century – George Packer

(A riveting profile of an American diplomat who served at the apex and the decline of American power.)

The Ends of the World: Volcanic Apocalypses, Lethal Oceans, and Our Quest to Understand Earth's Past Mass Extinctions– Peter Brannen

(A chronicle of Earth's five mass extinctions and how humanity is entertaining similar conditions. Sobering read.)

Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup – John Carreyrou

(The story of Theranos and the culture of deceit, bullshit, and hype that's permeated Silicon Valley.)

The WEIRDest People in the World: How the West Became Psychologically Peculiar and Particularly Prosperous – Joseph Henrich

(Delivers an interesting explanation for why Westerners think so differently from the rest of the world. The author argues it is because of the Catholic Church's marriage restrictions that made Europeans more individualistic by breaking up the traditional family structure of the time.)

Athens: City of Wisdom – Bruce Clark

(A history of Athens from its ancient foundings, the Classical era, Roman rule, its status as a backwater during the Byzantine era, Ottoman rule, Greek independence, and the Cold War and Eurozone crisis.

The Passenger – Cormac McCarthy

Stella Maris - Cormac McCarthy

(McCarthy's two-partner novels and likely his last works. Some truly beautiful language here in a tale about doomed siblings.
I'm afraid of demented knife-wielding escaped lunatic libertarian zombie mutants
Artisreal
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany9235 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-03-14 20:42:39
March 14 2023 20:42 GMT
#211414
I caught covid from a colleague last week - which is very unfortunate as we've go so many cool things coming up at work.
But since I'm on sick leave I had time to not just play A plague tale Requiem, but also
CHAINED ECHOES.

its a modern JRPG (auto heal after combat, saving everywhere) and absolutely amazing.
It's on gamepass currently and its been developed by one person only. holy wow.


@FARUKO that is something you'd play on the stead deck or switch, I'm sure
passive quaranstream fan
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-03-14 20:59:25
March 14 2023 20:56 GMT
#211415
On March 15 2023 05:42 Artisreal wrote:
I caught covid from a colleague last week - which is very unfortunate as we've go so many cool things coming up at work.
But since I'm on sick leave I had time to not just play A plague tale Requiem, but also
CHAINED ECHOES.

its a modern JRPG (auto heal after combat, saving everywhere) and absolutely amazing.
It's on gamepass currently and its been developed by one person only. holy wow.


@FARUKO that is something you'd play on the stead deck or switch, I'm sure

I binged chained echoes over a break and was pleasantly surprised. Plays like a much updated ffvi sans the most obnoxious mechanics from that era. Haven't enjoyed playing a jrpg that much in a long time.

I was extra impressed with how the combat managed to make the "defend" option more than situationally useful without it feeling burdensome. Maybe the first jrpg to ever accomplish that?

Hope you feel better soon man
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Artisreal
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany9235 Posts
March 16 2023 16:20 GMT
#211416
On March 15 2023 05:56 PassiveAce wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2023 05:42 Artisreal wrote:
I caught covid from a colleague last week - which is very unfortunate as we've go so many cool things coming up at work.
But since I'm on sick leave I had time to not just play A plague tale Requiem, but also
CHAINED ECHOES.

its a modern JRPG (auto heal after combat, saving everywhere) and absolutely amazing.
It's on gamepass currently and its been developed by one person only. holy wow.


@FARUKO that is something you'd play on the stead deck or switch, I'm sure

I binged chained echoes over a break and was pleasantly surprised. Plays like a much updated ffvi sans the most obnoxious mechanics from that era. Haven't enjoyed playing a jrpg that much in a long time.

I was extra impressed with how the combat managed to make the "defend" option more than situationally useful without it feeling burdensome. Maybe the first jrpg to ever accomplish that?

Hope you feel better soon man

thanks, i finished it this morning. man, I really want more but as this one took maybe >4 years to develop I'm not holding my breath, haha.

bit disappointed that you cannot pick up after the ending but apart from that had a blast.

Also feeling a lot better re: covid, thanks!
passive quaranstream fan
Artisreal
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany9235 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-03-17 12:33:12
March 17 2023 12:31 GMT
#211417
So since I've finished chained echoes and the weather is nice I've continued reading Sherry Turkle's book "Reclaiming Conversation" on our balcony and have a quick question for y'all.

The book follows how conversations develop for / in young people in the US (college between say early 2000s to 2010s) through from what I gather qualitative interviews with the same groups.
Basic gist is, that the young ones have so much anxiety that having "real time" conversations is overwhelming, hence texting / emailing is vastly preferred.

Having a phone call "puts you on the spot", which is to be avoided, because you could make a mistake, be judged for what you say, e.g. an unfinished thought, something "uncurated", imperfect, something in thought, in development.

Some report being on their phone with friends while being present with friends who are on their phones with friends. (Like whaaat??)

Do you guys experience something like that yourselves or see that e.g. in younger colleagues?
What are your thoughts and experiences regarding the above statements?
(I feel like I'm outing myself as an 80s kid here xd)
passive quaranstream fan
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
March 17 2023 14:40 GMT
#211418
On March 17 2023 21:31 Artisreal wrote:
So since I've finished chained echoes and the weather is nice I've continued reading Sherry Turkle's book "Reclaiming Conversation" on our balcony and have a quick question for y'all.

The book follows how conversations develop for / in young people in the US (college between say early 2000s to 2010s) through from what I gather qualitative interviews with the same groups.
Basic gist is, that the young ones have so much anxiety that having "real time" conversations is overwhelming, hence texting / emailing is vastly preferred.

Having a phone call "puts you on the spot", which is to be avoided, because you could make a mistake, be judged for what you say, e.g. an unfinished thought, something "uncurated", imperfect, something in thought, in development.

Some report being on their phone with friends while being present with friends who are on their phones with friends. (Like whaaat??)

Do you guys experience something like that yourselves or see that e.g. in younger colleagues?
What are your thoughts and experiences regarding the above statements?
(I feel like I'm outing myself as an 80s kid here xd)


I read one turkle book like 10 years ago and I kind of got the sense that she was worried mostly about society becoming increasingly impersonal as we move further and further towards digital communication. I think that digital communication is only as impersonal as you want it to be though. Ex: I've made very close friends from a random fan webforum for a late 90's strategy game

Ive seen some funny behavior like watching people who are within hearing distance of each other communicate by text, but I'm not sure what, if any, broader conclusions can be drawn from that sort of thing
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-03-17 16:23:13
March 17 2023 16:18 GMT
#211419
I've started a bit of a side hustle, nothing too fancy, not to get rich or something. Just to make a few coins while also do something that keepsme occupied, happy and that's fun for me

So now, i sell sourdough bread


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]


the bast part is that, people really really like it. Makes me happy.
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
Artisreal
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany9235 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-03-17 16:44:17
March 17 2023 16:29 GMT
#211420
On March 17 2023 23:40 PassiveAce wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2023 21:31 Artisreal wrote:
So since I've finished chained echoes and the weather is nice I've continued reading Sherry Turkle's book "Reclaiming Conversation" on our balcony and have a quick question for y'all.

The book follows how conversations develop for / in young people in the US (college between say early 2000s to 2010s) through from what I gather qualitative interviews with the same groups.
Basic gist is, that the young ones have so much anxiety that having "real time" conversations is overwhelming, hence texting / emailing is vastly preferred.

Having a phone call "puts you on the spot", which is to be avoided, because you could make a mistake, be judged for what you say, e.g. an unfinished thought, something "uncurated", imperfect, something in thought, in development.

Some report being on their phone with friends while being present with friends who are on their phones with friends. (Like whaaat??)

Do you guys experience something like that yourselves or see that e.g. in younger colleagues?
What are your thoughts and experiences regarding the above statements?
(I feel like I'm outing myself as an 80s kid here xd)


I read one turkle book like 10 years ago and I kind of got the sense that she was worried mostly about society becoming increasingly impersonal as we move further and further towards digital communication. I think that digital communication is only as impersonal as you want it to be though. Ex: I've made very close friends from a random fan webforum for a late 90's strategy game

Ive seen some funny behavior like watching people who are within hearing distance of each other communicate by text, but I'm not sure what, if any, broader conclusions can be drawn from that sort of thing

Yes, that sums it up rather nicely. How digitization of connections affects our ability to interact person to person - face to face, phone to phone, our ability to be emphatic with others in general. Well put.

I wanted to add to the questions above, if / how smartphones are affecting your IRL conversations?
Since reading the book, I tend to consciously put my phone away whenever I meet a friend to focus on them only.
I for myself cannot multitask doing something on the phone while being attentive. Maybe the words reach me but most emotion and all body language is lost for me.

I've also made friends playing Diablo 2 in the day, like late 90s. But I can only call two of them really friends as I've never met anyone else in person. To me, that feels essential. Maybe it's different with the ubiquity of "voice chat" nowadays but I don't think I had a mic until.... 2010s??

re: texting while present. I will send a heart emoticon to my wife while she's in the flat to get a laugh or a smile or fill the grocery list or send a link.
But properly conversing I cannot think of a reason to do via text if she's within earshot or walking distance.
passive quaranstream fan
Prev 1 10569 10570 10571 10572 10573 10602 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 290
ProTech143
UpATreeSC 116
BRAT_OK 79
MindelVK 24
Railgan 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2170
Bisu 1078
Dewaltoss 139
Shinee 55
Trap 32
Bale 23
NaDa 23
scan(afreeca) 15
zelot 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
XaKoH 562
420jenkins412
Counter-Strike
fl0m4531
pashabiceps896
Fnx 642
x6flipin213
kRYSTAL_23
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3158
Liquid`Hasu493
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1735
FrodaN868
B2W.Neo270
Livibee173
C9.Mang0146
TKL 93
QueenE77
RotterdaM68
Mew2King30
JuggernautJason7
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV231
BasetradeTV186
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 12
• Adnapsc2 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 43
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3000
• TFBlade747
Other Games
• Shiphtur1317
• imaqtpie687
• WagamamaTV381
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 27m
Patches Events
21h 27m
The PondCast
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.