• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:47
CEST 19:47
KST 02:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7806 users

Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion - Page 10570

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10568 10569 10570 10571 10572 10602 Next
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
March 04 2023 03:51 GMT
#211381
On March 04 2023 11:23 Fleetfeet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2023 16:01 Artisreal wrote:
Anyone else surprised that botw2 is coming out in like 2.5 months?


Not really tbh! I kind of blanket assume that any game I beat is like 3+ years old anymore. Like I finally played thru Outer Wilds DLC last month, and the base game of that is already coming around to 3 years old. Doesn't feel like it, but here we are!

oh man I'm on outer wilds now, been decent so far but I'm playing it off the back of finishing elden ring so I think my perception of good games is a bit skewed now
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
Artisreal
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany9235 Posts
March 04 2023 16:01 GMT
#211382
So, my wife is gonna stay in NYC for a couple of days for work in connection with the international women's Day.
She's staying close to the UN in Manhattan.
It's all walkable by European standards and I feel kinda stupid asking this, but is it safe to walk around as a small woman probably looking a bit business-touristy?
passive quaranstream fan
eieio
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States14512 Posts
March 04 2023 18:04 GMT
#211383
On March 05 2023 01:01 Artisreal wrote:
So, my wife is gonna stay in NYC for a couple of days for work in connection with the international women's Day.
She's staying close to the UN in Manhattan.
It's all walkable by European standards and I feel kinda stupid asking this, but is it safe to walk around as a small woman probably looking a bit business-touristy?

Assuming that she's comfortable with like, navigating around in an unfamiliar big city and the things that come with it (if you walk around long enough you're gonna see a homeless person on the street, etc) then yea I think that area will feel pretty fine to her. I'm obviously not a small woman and have lived here for a while but: I think ~most places that folks are likely to stay or want to go to while visiting are quite safe and you have to go out of your way to find the bad-feeling places (although it's easy to end up somewhere that is *dirty* and that can feel bad). NYC is also pretty safe as far as cities go!

Anyway my (small) younger sister lived pretty close to there for a few years (in Murray Hill, which is a popular place for young 20-somethings) and afaik felt totally fine. I do think some of the areas close to her are pretty office-y and might feel dead at night but I'm not really sure, I don't spend a ton of time there. Definitely the areas south and west of her will be lively!

My girlfriend and I are gonna be in Jamaica from the 8th through the 13th but would gladly grab food with her otherwise! Happy to answer other questions if she's got some.
LiquidDota Staff
TL+ Member
Den_00
Profile Joined March 2023
1 Post
March 04 2023 20:21 GMT
#211384
--- Nuked ---
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-03-04 20:54:29
March 04 2023 20:37 GMT
#211385
On March 05 2023 05:21 Den_00 wrote:
*mod edit*

Thank you for the insight!
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
March 04 2023 20:37 GMT
#211386
By the way, ccnc is in a major finals, this game is done, just do dota 3.
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
March 05 2023 13:24 GMT
#211387
finally my boy ccnc is shining
been 2 ti i ve been hyping him up only to be disappointed but this year i believe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
Artisreal
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany9235 Posts
March 05 2023 15:27 GMT
#211388
On March 05 2023 03:04 eieio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2023 01:01 Artisreal wrote:
So, my wife is gonna stay in NYC for a couple of days for work in connection with the international women's Day.
She's staying close to the UN in Manhattan.
It's all walkable by European standards and I feel kinda stupid asking this, but is it safe to walk around as a small woman probably looking a bit business-touristy?

Assuming that she's comfortable with like, navigating around in an unfamiliar big city and the things that come with it (if you walk around long enough you're gonna see a homeless person on the street, etc) then yea I think that area will feel pretty fine to her. I'm obviously not a small woman and have lived here for a while but: I think ~most places that folks are likely to stay or want to go to while visiting are quite safe and you have to go out of your way to find the bad-feeling places (although it's easy to end up somewhere that is *dirty* and that can feel bad). NYC is also pretty safe as far as cities go!

Anyway my (small) younger sister lived pretty close to there for a few years (in Murray Hill, which is a popular place for young 20-somethings) and afaik felt totally fine. I do think some of the areas close to her are pretty office-y and might feel dead at night but I'm not really sure, I don't spend a ton of time there. Definitely the areas south and west of her will be lively!

My girlfriend and I are gonna be in Jamaica from the 8th through the 13th but would gladly grab food with her otherwise! Happy to answer other questions if she's got some.

<3<3<3

thanks for the answer. I did show it to my wife and she sends many thanks!
She'll be arriving in NY kinda tomorrow and doesn't know yet whether she has any free time to spent (but if so would love to take up that offer of grabbing a bite ).
I'll send you a pm with her contact, given the opportunity arises, if that works for you?

Jamaica sounds amazing, have you guys made any plans yet of what to see?
passive quaranstream fan
eieio
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States14512 Posts
March 06 2023 16:11 GMT
#211389
On March 06 2023 00:27 Artisreal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2023 03:04 eieio wrote:
On March 05 2023 01:01 Artisreal wrote:
So, my wife is gonna stay in NYC for a couple of days for work in connection with the international women's Day.
She's staying close to the UN in Manhattan.
It's all walkable by European standards and I feel kinda stupid asking this, but is it safe to walk around as a small woman probably looking a bit business-touristy?

Assuming that she's comfortable with like, navigating around in an unfamiliar big city and the things that come with it (if you walk around long enough you're gonna see a homeless person on the street, etc) then yea I think that area will feel pretty fine to her. I'm obviously not a small woman and have lived here for a while but: I think ~most places that folks are likely to stay or want to go to while visiting are quite safe and you have to go out of your way to find the bad-feeling places (although it's easy to end up somewhere that is *dirty* and that can feel bad). NYC is also pretty safe as far as cities go!

Anyway my (small) younger sister lived pretty close to there for a few years (in Murray Hill, which is a popular place for young 20-somethings) and afaik felt totally fine. I do think some of the areas close to her are pretty office-y and might feel dead at night but I'm not really sure, I don't spend a ton of time there. Definitely the areas south and west of her will be lively!

My girlfriend and I are gonna be in Jamaica from the 8th through the 13th but would gladly grab food with her otherwise! Happy to answer other questions if she's got some.

I'll send you a pm with her contact, given the opportunity arises, if that works for you?

Jamaica sounds amazing, have you guys made any plans yet of what to see?

Works for me (I pmed you some of my details too)

We don't have too many plans, we're going to a resort-y place with some friends and are mostly gonna try to enjoy the escape from winter
LiquidDota Staff
TL+ Member
Artisreal
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany9235 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-03-09 20:56:34
March 09 2023 20:48 GMT
#211390
So, I've played a bunch of plague tale requiem and this Sophia character is the BOSS.
Damn she's good. Many of her lines surprised me. They're so much better than the previously rather predictable conversations, it's a bit strange.

Story hitting me out of left field once or twice. Nyyah, once. But quite strikingly so.
What a steal for a gamepass game.

edit: OK FUCK, got me twice. Should've expected it, haha

On March 07 2023 01:11 eieio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2023 00:27 Artisreal wrote:
On March 05 2023 03:04 eieio wrote:
On March 05 2023 01:01 Artisreal wrote:
So, my wife is gonna stay in NYC for a couple of days for work in connection with the international women's Day.
She's staying close to the UN in Manhattan.
It's all walkable by European standards and I feel kinda stupid asking this, but is it safe to walk around as a small woman probably looking a bit business-touristy?

Assuming that she's comfortable with like, navigating around in an unfamiliar big city and the things that come with it (if you walk around long enough you're gonna see a homeless person on the street, etc) then yea I think that area will feel pretty fine to her. I'm obviously not a small woman and have lived here for a while but: I think ~most places that folks are likely to stay or want to go to while visiting are quite safe and you have to go out of your way to find the bad-feeling places (although it's easy to end up somewhere that is *dirty* and that can feel bad). NYC is also pretty safe as far as cities go!

Anyway my (small) younger sister lived pretty close to there for a few years (in Murray Hill, which is a popular place for young 20-somethings) and afaik felt totally fine. I do think some of the areas close to her are pretty office-y and might feel dead at night but I'm not really sure, I don't spend a ton of time there. Definitely the areas south and west of her will be lively!

My girlfriend and I are gonna be in Jamaica from the 8th through the 13th but would gladly grab food with her otherwise! Happy to answer other questions if she's got some.

I'll send you a pm with her contact, given the opportunity arises, if that works for you?

Jamaica sounds amazing, have you guys made any plans yet of what to see?

Works for me (I pmed you some of my details too)

We don't have too many plans, we're going to a resort-y place with some friends and are mostly gonna try to enjoy the escape from winter

As I said via pm, many thanks!! I'm so glad it worked out!
passive quaranstream fan
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
March 10 2023 02:38 GMT
#211391
wait so the whole knights team at the latest major got perma'd by valve rofl ?!

2023 dota esports
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
March 10 2023 02:40 GMT
#211392
and ehome (but not perma'd just 1-2 years lol)
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
PhoenixVoid
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada32755 Posts
March 10 2023 13:43 GMT
#211393
China's Dota scene looks like it's in utter shambles and on its last legs. It was bad when they failed to win TI for years, and now there's Valve banning basically half of the Chinese DPC for systemic matchfixing.
I'm afraid of demented knife-wielding escaped lunatic libertarian zombie mutants
Chewbacca.
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3634 Posts
March 10 2023 17:04 GMT
#211394
Competing in my first ever chess tournament today/this weekend, a bit nervous and not sure what to expect. It's classical time format, and I've pretty much exclusively played blitz so that will be quite a bit different. Then I'm not sure how my rating is going to translate, I'm roughly 1500 blitz on chess.com, and I'll be in the Unrated - 1400 Bracket, so I could be on the higher end, but not sure how well Chess.com ELO compares to USCF rating.
teddyoojo
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany22369 Posts
March 10 2023 17:13 GMT
#211395
sounds cool as hell, some day i want to enter some chess tournament as well, but not before i stop being that bad, i sometimes lose to fucking >>>>passiveace<<<<
Esports historian since 2000. Creator of 'The Universe' and 'The best scrambled Eggs 2013'. Host of 'Star Wars Marathon 2015'. Thinker of 'teddyoojo's Thoughts'. Earths and Moons leading CS:GO expert. Lord of the Rings.
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-03-10 19:08:43
March 10 2023 19:07 GMT
#211396
On March 11 2023 02:13 teddyoojo wrote:
sounds cool as hell, some day i want to enter some chess tournament as well, but not before i stop being that bad, i sometimes lose to fucking >>>>passiveace<<<<


You fucking love walking into discovered attacks and pins. It's your favorite thing.

Good luck Chewbacca!! Please report back )
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Chewbacca.
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3634 Posts
March 11 2023 05:00 GMT
#211397
Got the win! A four hour 56 move game with me as black playing against the Alapin. White had a 1.7 advantage at one point, but I pulled it back in the rook pawn endgame! Ended with a 95% accuracy, one mistake and two inaccuracies according to the lichess engine.

Hoping the next four games are a bit quicker, or these next two days could be brutal
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-03-11 05:59:33
March 11 2023 05:59 GMT
#211398
Let's fucking gooooooooooooo

Post png/gif maybe?
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Chewbacca.
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3634 Posts
March 11 2023 06:01 GMT
#211399
On March 11 2023 14:59 PassiveAce wrote:
Let's fucking gooooooooooooo

Post png/gif maybe?


Don't brutalize me too much.


https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1016460317053702246/1083963377203814431/lichess_study_rzebiaks-study_chapter-1_by_rzebiak_2023.03.11.gif
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
March 11 2023 06:04 GMT
#211400
Did you learn chess by playing blitz? I feel like I can't play any time control lower than 10 minute
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Prev 1 10568 10569 10570 10571 10572 10602 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM756
TKL 239
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 756
ByuN 312
TKL 239
mouzHeroMarine 229
UpATreeSC 77
BRAT_OK 45
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18895
Calm 3021
Shuttle 1052
Horang2 463
Dewaltoss 128
Rush 101
Zeus 55
Free 46
sorry 31
Trap 23
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 19
Bale 18
scan(afreeca) 18
PianO 16
Rock 15
Aegong 15
Hm[arnc] 13
Noble 9
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Dendi1420
League of Legends
KnowMe53
Counter-Strike
fl0m5244
pashabiceps732
Fnx 650
x6flipin237
edward15
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King83
Other Games
singsing1897
Grubby1609
Liquid`RaSZi1486
Beastyqt706
C9.Mang0284
crisheroes262
B2W.Neo253
420jenkins170
dupreeh169
IndyStarCraft 157
QueenE99
Trikslyr83
JuggernautJason10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH279
• EnkiAlexander 20
• Hinosc 16
• Reevou 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3406
• WagamamaTV586
League of Legends
• Nemesis2765
• TFBlade714
Other Games
• Shiphtur825
• imaqtpie523
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 13m
INu's Battles
17h 13m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
19h 13m
OSC
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 5h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.