• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:11
CEST 15:11
KST 22:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7173 users

Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion - Page 10568

Forum Index > Dota 2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10566 10567 10568 10569 10570 10602 Next
Geisterkarle
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Germany3257 Posts
February 14 2023 06:43 GMT
#211341
On February 10 2023 21:11 Geisterkarle wrote:
Man, why didn't someone tell me, that BetBoom does a nice tournament "right now"??
Let's see how Tundra can crush Div2 teams

To quote myself:
I can't recommend this tournament too much!
Man, there are incredible games! For example the first maps of GG vs. Tundra or TS vs Entity ... such a back and forth!
Get the VODs!
There can only be one Geisterkarle
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
February 14 2023 09:35 GMT
#211342
On February 14 2023 05:55 BluemoonSC wrote:
Hi

Glad to see this thread is still alive.

Sup dude
Moderator
Rufus Dupres
Profile Joined December 2018
Germany1071 Posts
February 14 2023 13:54 GMT
#211343
Tundra playing with two stand-ins against GG. Nightfall and Topson replaced skiter and nine who both were sick yesterday. Nightfall remembering everybody that he is playing Pos3 voluntarily...what a beast performance as carry in both games. Holy shit.
"The map is black, but I see everything" - Kuro - MegaFon 2018
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
February 14 2023 14:40 GMT
#211344
On February 14 2023 05:55 BluemoonSC wrote:
Hi

Glad to see this thread is still alive.

What is dead may never die.
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
BluemoonSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
SoCal8933 Posts
February 14 2023 19:19 GMT
#211345
On February 14 2023 18:35 Firebolt145 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2023 05:55 BluemoonSC wrote:
Hi

Glad to see this thread is still alive.

Sup dude

living life - haven't play dota in over a year and one of my buddies recently tried to tempt me.
LiquidDota Staff@BluemoonGG_
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
February 14 2023 20:59 GMT
#211346
I still play in 1-2 month spurts whenever I have some downtime from other games that I play. The game is still really fun if you just play with a decent 5-stack and stay far away from solo ranked.

Sometime last year I was thinking of trying to grind my way back to 6k (or at least Immortal), and I think I quit after like 15-20 games. The community is just way too toxic, and I'm too old to care about babysitting people these days.
Administrator
PoulsenB
Profile Joined June 2011
Poland7760 Posts
February 15 2023 09:01 GMT
#211347
Game 2 of the Shopify vs Alliance.LATAM in the BTS series last night was super fun
IdrA fan forever <3 || the clueless one || Marci must be protected at all costs
BluemoonSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
SoCal8933 Posts
February 15 2023 18:47 GMT
#211348
On February 15 2023 05:59 TheEmulator wrote:
I still play in 1-2 month spurts whenever I have some downtime from other games that I play. The game is still really fun if you just play with a decent 5-stack and stay far away from solo ranked.

Sometime last year I was thinking of trying to grind my way back to 6k (or at least Immortal), and I think I quit after like 15-20 games. The community is just way too toxic, and I'm too old to care about babysitting people these days.

yeah i think that an easy going 5-stack is the way to go. solo ranked sounds like a nightmare these days.
LiquidDota Staff@BluemoonGG_
eieio
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States14512 Posts
February 15 2023 22:53 GMT
#211349
Oh shit, hey Unleashing, heya Bluemoon (I feel like I've seen you playing a lot of PoE? I was playing a lot of PoE for a while).

A life update for me is: I quit my fancy job at the end of last year after grinding pretty hard for ~7 years and am taking a year or two to relax and maybe eventually try to make a game. Chilling in New York with no responsibilities turns out to be pretty fun!
LiquidDota Staff
TL+ Member
Artisreal
Profile Joined June 2009
Germany9235 Posts
February 16 2023 08:46 GMT
#211350
On February 16 2023 07:53 eieio wrote:
Oh shit, hey Unleashing, heya Bluemoon (I feel like I've seen you playing a lot of PoE? I was playing a lot of PoE for a while).

A life update for me is: I quit my fancy job at the end of last year after grinding pretty hard for ~7 years and am taking a year or two to relax and maybe eventually try to make a game. Chilling in New York with no responsibilities turns out to be pretty fun!

That's great! Do you (still) climb a lot these days?

I wonder, does NY feel any different being able to choose when and where to go, compared to how it felt working like 12h/day?
passive quaranstream fan
BluemoonSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
SoCal8933 Posts
February 16 2023 20:12 GMT
#211351
On February 16 2023 07:53 eieio wrote:
Oh shit, hey Unleashing, heya Bluemoon (I feel like I've seen you playing a lot of PoE? I was playing a lot of PoE for a while).

A life update for me is: I quit my fancy job at the end of last year after grinding pretty hard for ~7 years and am taking a year or two to relax and maybe eventually try to make a game. Chilling in New York with no responsibilities turns out to be pretty fun!

POE recently overtook Dota in terms of hours played for me, so you are more than correct :>

I think Emu plays a bunch too - it gives me that level of complexity itch without locking me into my seat for an hour uninterrupted. Being able to "pause" has become more important to me as I've gotten older.

That's sick that you're able to take significant time off after working so hard!
LiquidDota Staff@BluemoonGG_
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
February 17 2023 00:40 GMT
#211352
hey there unleashing and bluemoon, hope you guys have been well
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-02-17 01:33:30
February 17 2023 01:32 GMT
#211353
On February 17 2023 05:12 BluemoonSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2023 07:53 eieio wrote:
Oh shit, hey Unleashing, heya Bluemoon (I feel like I've seen you playing a lot of PoE? I was playing a lot of PoE for a while).

A life update for me is: I quit my fancy job at the end of last year after grinding pretty hard for ~7 years and am taking a year or two to relax and maybe eventually try to make a game. Chilling in New York with no responsibilities turns out to be pretty fun!

POE recently overtook Dota in terms of hours played for me, so you are more than correct :>

I think Emu plays a bunch too - it gives me that level of complexity itch without locking me into my seat for an hour uninterrupted. Being able to "pause" has become more important to me as I've gotten older.

That's sick that you're able to take significant time off after working so hard!

Yea I go really hard for 1-2 leagues, then take 1-2 off usually depending on how I'm balancing work and/or other games. For me POE is the game that satisfies my itch to go extremely hard in a game like the old days, and the itch doesn't last nearly long enough to have a negative impact on IRL stuff. And also like you, I just like the complexity it offers. I tend to spend half my time in POB instead of the actual game.

@eieio Grats on the 1-2 year break. I know you definitely put in the work to deserve it. If you ever do end up making a game I'd love to give some input or at least just hear about what you're working on
Administrator
eieio
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States14512 Posts
February 17 2023 02:08 GMT
#211354
On February 16 2023 17:46 Artisreal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2023 07:53 eieio wrote:
Oh shit, hey Unleashing, heya Bluemoon (I feel like I've seen you playing a lot of PoE? I was playing a lot of PoE for a while).

A life update for me is: I quit my fancy job at the end of last year after grinding pretty hard for ~7 years and am taking a year or two to relax and maybe eventually try to make a game. Chilling in New York with no responsibilities turns out to be pretty fun!

That's great! Do you (still) climb a lot these days?

I wonder, does NY feel any different being able to choose when and where to go, compared to how it felt working like 12h/day?

I've just started climbing again after taking a bit off! I've got a lot more time to do it . It's a little funny that just cause of like, getting around, I'm not doing as many different things in a day as I might have expected, so far the city doesn't feel that different but I am definitely spending a lot more time doing things I want to do. Also it's only been a few weeks so like, we'll see in another six months.

I'll definitely let this thread know if I end up making any game stuff worth looking at :D

Bluemoon / Emu totally here you there - agree that PoE is well suited to *totally* immersing yourself for a bit but with the ability to step away pretty easily. I spent the first 2 weeks of the year basically just playing PoE till I got sick of it lol.
LiquidDota Staff
TL+ Member
BluemoonSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
SoCal8933 Posts
February 17 2023 18:14 GMT
#211355
On February 17 2023 11:08 eieio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2023 17:46 Artisreal wrote:
On February 16 2023 07:53 eieio wrote:
Oh shit, hey Unleashing, heya Bluemoon (I feel like I've seen you playing a lot of PoE? I was playing a lot of PoE for a while).

A life update for me is: I quit my fancy job at the end of last year after grinding pretty hard for ~7 years and am taking a year or two to relax and maybe eventually try to make a game. Chilling in New York with no responsibilities turns out to be pretty fun!

That's great! Do you (still) climb a lot these days?

I wonder, does NY feel any different being able to choose when and where to go, compared to how it felt working like 12h/day?

I've just started climbing again after taking a bit off! I've got a lot more time to do it . It's a little funny that just cause of like, getting around, I'm not doing as many different things in a day as I might have expected, so far the city doesn't feel that different but I am definitely spending a lot more time doing things I want to do. Also it's only been a few weeks so like, we'll see in another six months.

I'll definitely let this thread know if I end up making any game stuff worth looking at :D

Bluemoon / Emu totally here you there - agree that PoE is well suited to *totally* immersing yourself for a bit but with the ability to step away pretty easily. I spent the first 2 weeks of the year basically just playing PoE till I got sick of it lol.


between POE and climbing you've got yourself a nice setup while you're taking time off.

I haven't been able to climb in almost a year between COVID and a shoulder injury TT
LiquidDota Staff@BluemoonGG_
Deleted User 173346
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
16169 Posts
February 19 2023 19:38 GMT
#211356
--- Nuked ---
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
February 21 2023 20:47 GMT
#211357
And it's eco friendly!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-02-23 11:10:15
February 23 2023 11:09 GMT
#211358
Now i feel bad for not going to the Lima Major.

But i have to spend a lot of money this year so i couldn't support doing all that.

Hopefully next year we see another SA major.
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
February 26 2023 00:01 GMT
#211359
Hikaru was wearing a TL shirt on stream today 👀
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Chewbacca.
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3634 Posts
February 26 2023 00:15 GMT
#211360
Yeah I've seen him wear it before. ChessNetwork used to post his stream on TL too
Prev 1 10566 10567 10568 10569 10570 10602 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 978
RotterdaM479
TKL 197
SteadfastSC178
Rex116
CosmosSc2 23
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 479
ByuN 288
TKL 197
SteadfastSC 178
Rex 116
Codebar 28
CosmosSc2 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37586
Shuttle 2307
Jaedong 987
Horang2 843
Bisu 614
Soulkey 536
Mini 366
Stork 366
EffOrt 306
BeSt 254
[ Show more ]
Larva 253
actioN 227
Soma 220
Snow 172
ZerO 166
Last 152
Rush 150
firebathero 143
Mong 137
Zeus 99
Free 92
910 77
Hyun 71
Mind 69
Sharp 66
sorry 60
hero 49
PianO 49
Pusan 44
Shinee 40
Shine 30
JYJ 28
Bale 27
Sexy 24
ToSsGirL 21
Aegong 18
HiyA 18
Hm[arnc] 15
Sacsri 14
scan(afreeca) 12
Terrorterran 10
Noble 8
Icarus 6
Rock 5
Dota 2
Gorgc4147
Dendi1218
canceldota72
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1191
fl0m446
edward378
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King187
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes517
Lowko311
Other Games
gofns72043
singsing2287
B2W.Neo320
hiko303
DeMusliM231
Pyrionflax182
Livibee158
Liquid`VortiX61
QueenE54
Trikslyr36
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1596
Other Games
BasetradeTV187
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH122
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV448
League of Legends
• Nemesis1540
• Jankos1349
• TFBlade307
Other Games
• Shiphtur632
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 50m
The PondCast
20h 50m
INu's Battles
21h 50m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.