• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:13
CEST 01:13
KST 08:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8894 users

Monk - Builds/Discussion - Page 29

Forum Index > Diablo 3
Post a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 141 Next
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-28 23:16:30
May 28 2012 23:08 GMT
#561
There is no max limit. Except 100 i guess.
twitch.tv/medrea
vnlegend
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States1389 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-28 23:46:35
May 28 2012 23:43 GMT
#562
I got to lvl 56 and don't even feel like leveling to 60.

I got lvl 56 weapons, good dps, socketed, etc. My Barb friend is same lvl, hes got lvl 51/46 weapons, way less DPS, still survives and does better damage than my monk.

We're also the only class in the game that has to stand and hit the enemy to gain Spirit. Barb gets fury from taking damage, the other guys just passive regen. It's getting really hard to stand and hit anything because of lasers, fire, poison, electricity, etc.

I started playing a Wizard. The aoe ice freeze + diamond armor is way better tank than anything Monk has. It also costs nothing to use and has shorter cooldowns.
Marines > everything
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
May 28 2012 23:46 GMT
#563
Well you can enjoy playing your wizard then?
Jisall
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2054 Posts
May 28 2012 23:53 GMT
#564
On May 29 2012 08:46 Slayer91 wrote:
Well you can enjoy playing your wizard then?


Agreed. We want constructive advice here not rants.
Monk: Because being a badass is more fun then playing a dude wearing a scarf.. ... Ite fuck it, Witch Doctor cuz I like killing stuff in a timely mannor.
Regina
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands148 Posts
May 29 2012 00:33 GMT
#565
i wrote kind of a big topic on diablofans.com where i go abit more in depth with the monk class. I started writing and just couldnt stop =]

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/44974-my-thoughts-on-how-a-monk-should-be-geard-solo-play-inferno-act2/

Its quite a big wall of text, but if you are up for a read Hopefully it can be useful for you guys as well
Supamang
Profile Joined June 2010
United States2298 Posts
May 29 2012 00:59 GMT
#566
Can someone give me a little advice? I heard Hell diff was supposed to be pretty easy for monks, but I get my ass handed to me by certain elite mobs (like vortex/arcane/molten, or frozen/jailer/arcane, etc.).

My stats are currently:
Str - 124
Dex - 799
Int - 193
Vit - 701

Armor - 2100
DPS - 2300

Resists - 183 all (40% reduction)
HP - 20K

In terms of stats, what do I need to improve to take down those elite mobs without having to run an entire marathon while wearing them down? Thanks in advance
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-29 01:13:45
May 29 2012 01:01 GMT
#567
Okay, so I went and bought an 850 DPS fist weapon with one socket, socketed a star amethyst that I crafted but wouldn't sell (300 life on hit), bought some gloves with arcane res/dex/vit attack speed, bought a amulet with arcane resist/vit/390 life on hit/str for around 2.5-3 mil total. (I been farming for a while, with some nice drops and lots of gold in general) I am just a total beast. The life on hit thing is a total thing we seem to be missing that the barbs have gotten onto but only the inferno guys are really using it in the monk thread. It's like transcendence on steriods. All that resist all armour and dodge suddenly means something when you gain health back so easily.

In act 2 it was back to the running around waiting for those precious seconds on serenity/blinding flash/breath of heaven to get some healing in, but now you have great sustain with just life on hit.
Also, another thing, regina, it's not that sweeping wind procs resolve so much but LIFE ON HIT PROCS ON SWEEPING WIND. I'm almost sure of it my health just regens massively when I don't do anything with firestorm up. The ratio isn't 1:1 of course, scip asked me what my ratios for life on hit were and apparently frenzy has a 80% ratio, and revenge has a 25% ratio that means life on hit procs on all your damage spells meaning sweeping wind is just ridiculous right now.

Also I have to give big props to regina and the couple of other monks in inferno act 2+ who have been soloing and working on their gear and builds instead of whining about the other classses like the rest of them.

Seriously, life on hit is insane, you guys need to start getting it it just scales ridiculously well with everything else and lets you stop relying on transcendence and your heal spells so much that painfully limits your options.

On May 29 2012 09:59 Supamang wrote:
Can someone give me a little advice? I heard Hell diff was supposed to be pretty easy for monks, but I get my ass handed to me by certain elite mobs (like vortex/arcane/molten, or frozen/jailer/arcane, etc.).

My stats are currently:
Str - 124
Dex - 799
Int - 193
Vit - 701

Armor - 2100
DPS - 2300

Resists - 183 all (40% reduction)
HP - 20K

In terms of stats, what do I need to improve to take down those elite mobs without having to run an entire marathon while wearing them down? Thanks in advance


I found in hell elite mobs were too tough to tank down but getting a new weapon made me do enough damage that I chunked them super hard in bursts with tanking them-->serenity at half hp-->run away when it ends. It makes a big difference once you get the first one or few minions down the rest become easy.
You WILL have to kite mobs all day unless they don't have any nasty elemental things but the trick is killing them faster.
Holytornados
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1022 Posts
May 29 2012 01:03 GMT
#568
On May 29 2012 08:43 vnlegend wrote:
I got to lvl 56 and don't even feel like leveling to 60.

I got lvl 56 weapons, good dps, socketed, etc. My Barb friend is same lvl, hes got lvl 51/46 weapons, way less DPS, still survives and does better damage than my monk.

We're also the only class in the game that has to stand and hit the enemy to gain Spirit. Barb gets fury from taking damage, the other guys just passive regen. It's getting really hard to stand and hit anything because of lasers, fire, poison, electricity, etc.

I started playing a Wizard. The aoe ice freeze + diamond armor is way better tank than anything Monk has. It also costs nothing to use and has shorter cooldowns.



There's a thread for wizards too =] Should go talk about it there, since you seem to enjoy the wizard more.
CLG/Liquid ~~ youtube.com/reddedgaming
Regina
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands148 Posts
May 29 2012 01:11 GMT
#569
@slayers91, sorry m8 but life on hit doesnt proc off sweeping wind... just tried it to be 100% sure. your health regen looks more sick cuz you hit +- 2 times in a second, so he adds up the 2 procs and sometimes even 2 procs + the life per sec you have or even 2 procs+transendence proc so it all looks more heavy then it really is. its actually the combat text being to slow..

goodluck
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-29 01:13:09
May 29 2012 01:12 GMT
#570
Combat text might be slow. I was sure I was regenning shitloads of hp just standing there though, well I guess life on hit is just more insane than I thought. If barb warcries stack one of them might have been using the regen one and it just doesn't show them stacking as well..
Elegance
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada917 Posts
May 29 2012 01:41 GMT
#571
got about 420 to all resist, nearing 40k hp but shitty 10k dps. i feel like the ah is gonna destroy my gold
Power of Ze
Pwere
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1557 Posts
May 29 2012 01:57 GMT
#572
On May 29 2012 09:33 Regina wrote:
i wrote kind of a big topic on diablofans.com where i go abit more in depth with the monk class. I started writing and just couldnt stop =]

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/44974-my-thoughts-on-how-a-monk-should-be-geard-solo-play-inferno-act2/

Its quite a big wall of text, but if you are up for a read Hopefully it can be useful for you guys as well
Heh, apaprently we have the same build save for BoH/Dashing Strike.

I agree completely about Firestorm, it hits more mobs so it ends up doing similar damage, but guarantees Resolve on anything that can hit you, plus it looks better. I also believe that some monsters resist Physical a bit more than Fire (while Diablo might be the opposite?). I know this isn't talked about much, but I believe some monsters do have different resists.

About Keen Eye, I'm still not convinced, even though I ran most of act 1/2 with it. Both are really, really good though, and I love the visuals on this one.

As for passives, I actually replaced Transcendence with One With Everything. This is more of a "I'm broke and can't afford phys/all res stuff, so I'll go for random element instead". Resolve is absolutely godlike, I don't know why anyone would skip it, so is Seize.

Transcendence is easily replaced by about 200 life on hit, while OwE is only replaced by actually spending millions.

ps. I believe you're wrong about intellect though, 10 intellects = 1 resist all, linear.
pss. Just got from 35khp,300res,15kdps,5kar,+650 onhit to 40/400/16/5.5/750. I could barely do act 2 before while dying a lot, hopefully this time it works out. It has to anyway, I'm broke.
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
May 29 2012 02:14 GMT
#573
I'm at 45k hp, 570 res, 5200 armor, and 13k dps, but I am still getting murdered in Act 2 by a lot of stuff. I even have to kite a lot of white trash mobs, which is just retarded.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-29 02:50:53
May 29 2012 02:37 GMT
#574
Isd it me or you can't do a search for life on hit for armor items in tha AH ? /:

EDIT : Oh you can. But damn, Life on hit gear is expensive as hell.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
run.at.me
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia550 Posts
May 29 2012 03:08 GMT
#575
all 1 handers are a joke. like seriously what i want is like 15 mil and some items are bad and cost 5mil plus i don't get it.
xZiGGY
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom801 Posts
May 29 2012 03:12 GMT
#576
act2 isnt much of an issue with 20k hp / 450 res / 10k (hard target + keen eye) armor and 19k dps ;/
act3 is slow but hp on hit would definitely smooth over most issues especially with a doubled mantra of evasion
I hadn't even considered it proccing on non-melee attacks, I'd been trying the passive regen route. Bit tired of grinding on my main though so I broke out a wizard too, it's boring, monk ftw.
Meh.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
May 29 2012 03:15 GMT
#577
On May 29 2012 12:12 xZiGGY wrote:
act2 isnt much of an issue with 20k hp / 450 res / 10k (hard target + keen eye) armor and 19k dps ;/.


Gotta explain me how you do it, because that's some crazy low stats for act 2 inferno.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Holytornados
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1022 Posts
May 29 2012 03:16 GMT
#578
On May 29 2012 11:14 xDaunt wrote:
I'm at 45k hp, 570 res, 5200 armor, and 13k dps, but I am still getting murdered in Act 2 by a lot of stuff. I even have to kite a lot of white trash mobs, which is just retarded.



You res and armor are kind of low for A2.

800+ for my res all and 9k armor with deadly reach proc and I'm not pushing A2 easily yet still.
CLG/Liquid ~~ youtube.com/reddedgaming
run.at.me
Profile Joined December 2011
Australia550 Posts
May 29 2012 03:40 GMT
#579
before investing in items with + (your specific resistance) i recommend looking for simply +all res and +vit/dex bonuses.

At around ~400 all res, you don't want to use one with everything anymore, you want to switch passives to resolve (25% dmg reduction). the one with everything passive is really just a gear clutch, but the resolve is a much better passive heading into act 3 inferno, as regina has shown.

Shelke14
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada6655 Posts
May 29 2012 03:59 GMT
#580
Hey, lvl 60 monk grinding out SK ACT 1, anyone wanna duo to maybe do this faster hit me up. Shelkelp.1278
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 141 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft358
Nina 153
ViBE117
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14396
firebathero 113
Hyuk 59
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
febbydoto88
League of Legends
Doublelift4041
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5046
Other Games
summit1g8978
FrodaN2240
mouzStarbuck426
JimRising 409
KnowMe233
ArmadaUGS105
Mew2King52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1182
BasetradeTV208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream130
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 98
• musti20045 26
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur213
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 47m
INu's Battles
12h 47m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
15h 47m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 47m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 47m
Replay Cast
23h 47m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.