• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:24
CEST 18:24
KST 01:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9740 users

[Interviews] GSL Season 3 Ro64 Winners - Page 4

Forum Index > Community News and Headlines
150 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
teko
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada1197 Posts
November 23 2010 17:36 GMT
#61
Thanks for the new trans. Only found one mistake: TLS_Rain defeated DreamizEr, not Rache.
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-23 17:54:24
November 23 2010 17:49 GMT
#62
Thanks for taking time to translate!...great interviews specially from Genius and my new favorite zerg NewDawn Not even talking about the kid's play, he just looks like he is having the most fun out there Keep snapping them chicken necks!

I also liked Fruitdealer's interview and how he is open to saying that Zerg is slightly and maybe even hugely overpowered at the moment...consistently one of the better interviews imo.

On November 23 2010 02:51 CanucksJC wrote:

TSL_FruitDealer (Z)
+ Show Spoiler +
TSL_FruitDealer, 'I'm confident in ZvZ.'

[image loading]

TSL_FruitDealer has safely landed a spot in the round of 32 by defeating Tosyad 2:0

Q. How does it feel to advance to the round of 32?
A. I played him in the past and thought that 'even though we started playing at the same time, I must be ahead since I practiced more.' I suddenly thought that everything I worked for could be spoiled and was motivated to try harder when I was playing against this specific player.

Q. Did you think that because you were knocked out so early in season 2?
A. Maybe, but I think the early exit in season 2 can be valuable lesson if I do well in the future.

Q. You played a ZvZ, how did you practice?
A. I think that it's unnecessary to practice mirror match-ups. It's still important, but I'm less nervous that not everything is dependent on pure micro. I'm not particularly good at micro, and today was a lucky day, all of my drones could have easily died.

Q. Do you usually skip practicing ZvZ?
A. I rarely play ZvZ's. If I meet a zerg on ladder, I either 6 pool or leave the game. It helps me more when I study the current trends after watching others play. I'm confident in ZvZ, so it doesn't bother me that much that there are so many zergs this season. I'm also confident that I won't lose a psychological battle.

Q. You started off with a disadvantage in set 2.
A. I didn't know that he was doing a 8 pool, but I thought that I won after seeing his zerglings run to my base. I was originally going to 8, 9 or 10 pool myself, but people around me discouraged me from doing so saying that it has a low win rate. I confirmed my victory after he made some banelings.

Q. Unlike the time you won in season 1, there are many strong zergs.
A. I don't have any special thoughts. If you watch carefully, they all have different styles and they all play well. It looks like they're doing well, because they're good, but it also looks like zerg is slightly overpowered and possibly very overpowered (laughs). However, I don't know how things will go in the tournament.

Q. You will face off against either sCfOu or FOX_Bless.
A. It's very comforting. Recently, I've been slumping in ZvT, and I'm relieved that I can focus on practicing ZvT while putting everything aside.

Q. What is your goal for this tournament?
A. At first, it was to get to the round of 8. After getting knocked out from the event matches in Pusan, I had a bet while drinking with a friend, I might have to reach the final if I want to win that bet (laughs).

Q. How is the atmosphere in the TSL team?
A. Everyone that didn't qualify are all bright, so the atmosphere is alright. TSL_Rain and TSL_GuineaPig have advanced to the main event, but they haven't changed (laughs). I'm worried that it might get depressing if both of them drop out suddenly, but as of now, it's very good.

Q. Any comments?
A. I want to thank the coach for taking in all my complaints and taking good care of me, he might have been disappointed that I never mentioned him in my interviews. I hope we all do well even if we have to suffer through a little together. He might look weak, but he has been very supportive (laughs). I'm thankful that he is so nice.

Original interview in Korean (www.fomos.kr):
+ Show Spoiler +
23일, 신정동 곰TV 스튜디오에서 펼쳐진 소니에릭슨 스타크래프트2 오픈 시즌3 64강 경기에서 ‘과일장수’ 김원기(TSL)가 윤중욱(무소속)을 2:0으로 격파하며 32강에 무난히 안착했다.

다음은 김원기와의 일문일답.

- 32강에 진출한 소감은
▲ 예전에 한번 붙어본 적 있는 분과의 대결이라 경기를 앞두고 ‘게임을 같이 시작했던 사람이지만 내가 연습을 더 많이 해서 한 발짝 위에 있다’는 생각이 들었다. 이 상태에서 조금만 나태하게 지내도 지금까지 노력한게 물거품이 될 수 있겠다는 생각이 문득 들었고, 이 선수와 붙게 돼 더 열심히 해야겠다는 느낌을 받았다.

- 시즌2 때의 조기 탈락 때문에 그런 생각을 한 것인지
▲ 그런 것도 같다. 하지만 시즌2 때의 조기 탈락은 앞으로 더 잘 하면 약이 될 수도 있는 경험인 것 같다.

- 저저전이었는데, 연습은 어떻게 했나
▲ 동족전은 원래 연습할 필요가 없다고 생각한다. 물론 다 중요하기는 하지만, 스타1 때의 저저전처럼 컨트롤에만 의존할 필요는 없는 것 같아서 부담이 덜 하다. 나는 원래 컨트롤과가 아니기도 하고, 오늘도 운이 안 좋았으면 일벌레가 다 죽었을 텐데 운이 좋았다.

- 평소에도 저저전 연습은 잘 하지 않는 편인가
▲ 저저전은 거의 안 한다. 래더에서 저그를 만나도 6못을 하든가, 그냥 나가 버린다. 다른 사람들의 저저전을 보면서 추세를 파악하는게 훨씬 더 도움이 된다. 저저전은 자신 있어서 이번 시즌에 저그가 많다고 해도 신경 쓰이지 않는다. 심리전에서는 안 질 자신 있다.

- 2세트에서는 빌드가 갈려 불리하게 시작했는데
▲ 상대가 8못이라는 것을 몰랐지만, 상대 저글링이 오는 것을 보고 이겼다고 생각했다. 원래는 내가 8, 9, 10못을 하려고 했는데 주변에서 승률이 안 좋다고 하길래 시도하지 않았다. 상대가 맹독충을 생산해 확실히 이길 수 있었다.

- 본인이 우승할 당시와 다르게 강한 저그들이 많아졌다
▲ 별 다른 생각은 없다. 지켜보면 스타일은 조금씩 다른데 모두 다 잘 한다. 그냥 그 선수들이 잘 하기 때문에 저그가 잘 하는 것 같이 보이지만, 저그가 살짝 강한 것 같기도 하면서도 완전히 강한지는 잘 모르겠다(웃음). 하지만 대회에서만큼은 어떻게 될지 모르는 것 같다.

- 다음 상대로는 김승철과 박준 중 한 명을 만난다
▲ 마음이 정말 편하다. 내가 요즘 테란전을 정말 못 하는데, 다른 것에 신경 쓸 일 없이 테란전만 연습하면 되기 때문에 오히려 다행이라고 생각한다.

- 이번 시즌 목표는 무엇인지
▲ 처음 목표는 8강으로 잡았었다. 부산에서 있던 이벤트전에서 탈락한 뒤 친구와 술을 먹고 내기를 했는데, 그 친구에게 내기를 지지 않으려면 결승에 가야 될 것도 같다(웃음).

- 최근 TSL 팀 분위기는 어떤가
▲ 예선에서 떨어진 친구들도 다 밝아서 분위기는 괜찮다. (박)서용이나 (김)현태도 본선에 올라갔지만 예전과 비슷하다(웃음). 둘 다 갑자기 떨어지면 분위기가 나빠질까봐 걱정은 되지만, 지금은 분위기가 매우 좋다.

- 마지막으로 더 하고 싶은 말은
▲ 한 번도 이야기 안 해서 섭섭해 하실 수도 있겠다고 생각했는데, 그 동안 불평도 잘 들어주시고 챙겨주신 감독님께 감사하다고 전하고 싶다. 조금 더 다같이 고생해서 더 잘 됐으면 좋겠다. 좀 왜소해 보이시지만, 굉장한 버팀목이 돼 주신다(웃음). 너무 잘 해주셔서 감사하다.


"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
CanucksJC
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada1241 Posts
November 23 2010 17:53 GMT
#63
On November 24 2010 00:48 _vladimir_ wrote:
I really really love this mini interviews, why didnt we have them in first 2 GSL

cuz i wasn't around then
UBC StarCraft Club is official @ UBC Vancouver campus! Your first eSport community on campus. Welcomes players of all levels at UBC. Follow us on facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=155630424470014 or IRC @ irc.rizon.net #ubcsc
Quinan
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada10 Posts
November 23 2010 20:10 GMT
#64
TSL_Rain, ''Kimchi man, tuna man', EGIdrA doesn't have anything to do with this.'


What was that about? I hadn't heard any discussion previous to this.
Still waiting for royalties on the public's use of the Gregorian calendar.
DarkRise
Profile Joined November 2010
1644 Posts
November 23 2010 20:31 GMT
#65
Many zergs got knocked out 2nd day
teko
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada1197 Posts
November 23 2010 20:36 GMT
#66
On November 24 2010 02:53 CanucksJC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2010 00:48 _vladimir_ wrote:
I really really love this mini interviews, why didnt we have them in first 2 GSL

cuz i wasn't around then


Some of the more popular players' interviews were translated. But they're in separate threads, not nicely compiled together like here ^^
Amestir
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2126 Posts
November 23 2010 20:41 GMT
#67
On November 24 2010 05:10 Quinan wrote:
Show nested quote +
TSL_Rain, ''Kimchi man, tuna man', EGIdrA doesn't have anything to do with this.'


What was that about? I hadn't heard any discussion previous to this.


I would really like to know this too.

We know nothing.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
November 23 2010 20:48 GMT
#68
"Q. After you qualified, your statement 'kimchi man, tuna man' became an issue.
A. That interview wasn't related to EGIdrA at all. It was an inside joke between me and a user named 'Sound', and I was shocked to see the replies. I didn't mean to diss EGIdrA by any means."

lost in translation i guess
CanucksJC
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada1241 Posts
November 23 2010 20:48 GMT
#69
'Tuna man and kimchi man' was some inside joke TSL_Rain promised to say in his interview if he won.

There were rumours on the korean community sites that IdrA has been going around calling Korean players 'kimchi man' and BMing them.

People mixed up these 2 stories and thought TSL_Rain was referring to IdrA when he said 'kimchi man', which is just some silly inside joke of him and his friend.
UBC StarCraft Club is official @ UBC Vancouver campus! Your first eSport community on campus. Welcomes players of all levels at UBC. Follow us on facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=155630424470014 or IRC @ irc.rizon.net #ubcsc
roosten
Profile Joined August 2010
125 Posts
November 23 2010 21:29 GMT
#70
Thanks again for all the translation work, love to read through this stuff after watching the matches
zzaaxxsscd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States626 Posts
November 23 2010 21:46 GMT
#71
On November 24 2010 02:53 CanucksJC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2010 00:48 _vladimir_ wrote:
I really really love this mini interviews, why didnt we have them in first 2 GSL

cuz i wasn't around then


you are awesome d00d
i love how all the younger guys are giving us some interesting interview answers
and HongUn is such a baller...I really want to see a carrier
EEhantiming
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada519 Posts
November 23 2010 21:59 GMT
#72
Sen is so badass

[image loading]
rift
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
1819 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-23 22:32:29
November 23 2010 22:32 GMT
#73
Kim Carrier would be so proud. (of Hongun)
Kinky
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States4126 Posts
November 23 2010 23:20 GMT
#74
LittleBoy seems like such a fun guy. I hope he advances further
danbel1005
Profile Joined February 2008
United States1319 Posts
November 24 2010 00:13 GMT
#75
OMG OMG TSL_FruitDealer Fighting, so exciting ^^
"EE HAN TIMING" Jaedong vs Stork [22 December, 2007] 2set @ Finals EVER OSL.
danbel1005
Profile Joined February 2008
United States1319 Posts
November 24 2010 00:15 GMT
#76
On November 24 2010 02:53 CanucksJC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2010 00:48 _vladimir_ wrote:
I really really love this mini interviews, why didnt we have them in first 2 GSL

cuz i wasn't around then


we had them, of course we did. do some research plz before posting, comments like urs r just misleading.
"EE HAN TIMING" Jaedong vs Stork [22 December, 2007] 2set @ Finals EVER OSL.
onymous
Profile Joined November 2010
United States67 Posts
November 24 2010 00:44 GMT
#77
This is a stupid question probably, but can someone tell me what "Code S" means?
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
November 24 2010 02:47 GMT
#78
onymous, the simplest way i can put it is to think of it as Division 1 with the top players for the 2011 gom sc2 season...code A would be division 2 and on and on.
"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
CanucksJC
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada1241 Posts
November 24 2010 04:08 GMT
#79
If you do a search here, you should be able to find out what it means in detail
UBC StarCraft Club is official @ UBC Vancouver campus! Your first eSport community on campus. Welcomes players of all levels at UBC. Follow us on facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=155630424470014 or IRC @ irc.rizon.net #ubcsc
SwiftSpear
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada355 Posts
November 24 2010 05:04 GMT
#80
I feel bad for Haypro, but Sen winning is awesome in my pants :D

I'm really rooting for Ret and Jinro though, I'd be bummed to see those guys lose.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem389
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 389
IndyStarCraft 177
Railgan 76
BRAT_OK 29
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 55302
Shuttle 3049
Horang2 495
BeSt 422
Larva 376
ggaemo 227
Soma 179
Mind 154
Dewaltoss 105
Last 89
[ Show more ]
Sexy 87
hero 77
Zeus 73
Killer 46
Hyun 46
Sea.KH 45
ToSsGirL 33
Aegong 31
Bale 27
NaDa 22
PianO 22
Rock 15
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5514
qojqva2931
Dendi1549
420jenkins439
Fuzer 139
Counter-Strike
fl0m3811
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby1345
Khaldor1298
Liquid`Hasu1114
MindelVK19
Other Games
singsing1725
FrodaN1515
B2W.Neo1058
byalli953
Beastyqt738
Mlord509
ArmadaUGS194
Hui .177
KnowMe137
QueenE91
Mew2King62
CosmosSc2 28
Chillindude24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick912
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 18
• Reevou 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 59
• niya90s1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4033
League of Legends
• Nemesis2820
Other Games
• Shiphtur227
• WagamamaTV219
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 36m
Replay Cast
6h 36m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 36m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
18h 36m
Monday Night Weeklies
23h 36m
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 18h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.