• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:43
CEST 01:43
KST 08:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8254 users

Been playing ICCUP all night long.. - Page 3

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
January 14 2009 13:52 GMT
#41
Respect Saddles :p
Make a blog please.
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
isbunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Sweden1017 Posts
January 14 2009 13:53 GMT
#42
replays?
KIM TAEK YONG HWAITING!
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
January 14 2009 13:56 GMT
#43
Also i just wanted to say that the lower ranks seem "easy" because it is late in the season.
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
Puosu
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
7081 Posts
January 14 2009 13:57 GMT
#44
On January 14 2009 22:52 GinNtoniC wrote:
Out of those 14 wins, you played almost every game on Lost Temple (2.4 though).
That's a decent way to avoid modern maps and use outdated builds
Not trying to troll this one, I'm just saying there's a limit to how much you can judge about the game not changing, if you're only gonna play on really old maps.
Nevertheless, good first run after being away for so long (not knowing the quality of your opponents though).

Almost none of the games actually went to macro game at all, he won purely because micro hasn't changed much since then. When he starts meeting players with the ability to block early game rushes he will get crushed badly thanks to the lack of macro from his part.
JoeSaddles
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States344 Posts
January 14 2009 14:01 GMT
#45
Ill write up a report today for sure it was fun playing some new players ... but my replays right now are probably horrible im gonna give myself like 3-4 days of practice before posting them, at least until I get to playing some C+ and B- players
http://www.iccup.com/starcraft/gamingprofile/SaddleS.html
Lamentations
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Australia211 Posts
January 14 2009 14:05 GMT
#46
go and fight idra instead
Bogus is like "nerdy cute", whereas Lomo is like "I would make him wear a dress and rape him" cute -Turbovolver
JoeSaddles
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States344 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-14 14:16:44
January 14 2009 14:05 GMT
#47
On January 14 2009 22:57 Puosu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2009 22:52 GinNtoniC wrote:
Out of those 14 wins, you played almost every game on Lost Temple (2.4 though).
That's a decent way to avoid modern maps and use outdated builds
Not trying to troll this one, I'm just saying there's a limit to how much you can judge about the game not changing, if you're only gonna play on really old maps.
Nevertheless, good first run after being away for so long (not knowing the quality of your opponents though).

Almost none of the games actually went to macro game at all, he won purely because micro hasn't changed much since then. When he starts meeting players with the ability to block early game rushes he will get crushed badly thanks to the lack of macro from his part.



did you ever stop and think as to why the strategies I was using even worked in the first place????

It's because I have much better micro and macro than the person im playing, and I just impose that advantage on them as early as possible in the game... I KNOW that when I get to playing some sick B Koreans I will have to play a more conservative style.....

once I get to playing some real competition then obviously im not gonna win every game simply by out microing them early on, Im well aware of this... I can play 40 minute games.... ive played good competition before.
http://www.iccup.com/starcraft/gamingprofile/SaddleS.html
isbunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Sweden1017 Posts
January 14 2009 14:09 GMT
#48
On January 14 2009 23:05 JoeSaddles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2009 22:57 Puosu wrote:
On January 14 2009 22:52 GinNtoniC wrote:
Out of those 14 wins, you played almost every game on Lost Temple (2.4 though).
That's a decent way to avoid modern maps and use outdated builds
Not trying to troll this one, I'm just saying there's a limit to how much you can judge about the game not changing, if you're only gonna play on really old maps.
Nevertheless, good first run after being away for so long (not knowing the quality of your opponents though).

Almost none of the games actually went to macro game at all, he won purely because micro hasn't changed much since then. When he starts meeting players with the ability to block early game rushes he will get crushed badly thanks to the lack of macro from his part.



did you ever stop and think as to why the strategies I was using even worked in the first place????

It's because I have better overall micro and macro skills than the person im playing, and I just impose that advantage on them as early as possible in the game... I KNOW that when I get to playing some sick B Koreans I will have to play a more conservative style..... that's why I crush these newb D+ C- within 8 minutes..... I simply get a probe in their base and its pretty much over frmo there =p

once I get to playing some real competition then obviously im not gonna win every game simply by out microing them early on, Im well aware of this... I can play 40 minute games.... ive played good competition before.

i love u joe, i hope u do well, i really do, gonna follow this thread all the way!

u should play idra now, and then play him when u feel ready, it'll be pretty fun to see ur developement
KIM TAEK YONG HWAITING!
Puosu
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
7081 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-14 14:13:48
January 14 2009 14:10 GMT
#49
On January 14 2009 23:05 JoeSaddles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2009 22:57 Puosu wrote:
On January 14 2009 22:52 GinNtoniC wrote:
Out of those 14 wins, you played almost every game on Lost Temple (2.4 though).
That's a decent way to avoid modern maps and use outdated builds
Not trying to troll this one, I'm just saying there's a limit to how much you can judge about the game not changing, if you're only gonna play on really old maps.
Nevertheless, good first run after being away for so long (not knowing the quality of your opponents though).

Almost none of the games actually went to macro game at all, he won purely because micro hasn't changed much since then. When he starts meeting players with the ability to block early game rushes he will get crushed badly thanks to the lack of macro from his part.



did you ever stop and think as to why the strategies I was using even worked in the first place????

It's because I have better overall micro and macro skills than the person im playing, and I just impose that advantage on them as early as possible in the game... I KNOW that when I get to playing some sick B Koreans I will have to play a more conservative style..... that's why I crush these newb D+ C- within 8 minutes..... I simply get a probe in their base and its pretty much over frmo there =p

once I get to playing some real competition then obviously im not gonna win every game simply by out microing them early on, Im well aware of this... I can play 40 minute games.... ive played good competition before.

You really don't understand how much macro and timing has evolved during these years, even the average players study and practice timings so much its sick.

The true macro element of the game does not really come to play until the game is longer than 15 minutes, or at least from there on it starts to really be the main thing. I doubt that the 2004 macro of yours can compete at nowadays standards.

I'm going to owe you a big apologize if you actually succeed in your mission, that would be very very very impressive and even more if you win a game from IdrA when you're ready to play him.
JoeSaddles
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States344 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-14 14:15:17
January 14 2009 14:13 GMT
#50
[QUOTE]On January 14 2009 23:05 JoeSaddles wrote:
[QUOTE]On January 14 2009 22:57 Puosu wrote:
[QUOTE]On January 14 2009 22:52 GinNtoniC wrote:
Out of those 14 wins, you played almost every game on Lost Temple (2.4 though).
That's a decent way to avoid modern maps and use outdated builds
Not trying to troll this one, I'm just saying there's a limit to how much you can judge about the game not changing, if you're only gonna play on really old maps.
Nevertheless, good first run after being away for so long (not knowing the quality of your opponents though).[/QUOTE]
Almost none of the games actually went to macro game at all, he won purely because micro hasn't changed much since then. When he starts meeting players with the ability to block early game rushes he will get crushed badly thanks to the lack of macro from his part.[/QUOTE]



whats funny is that you actually think me beating everyone i play within 8 minutes a bad thing, when really it just shows that vs these level of players I can just say "im gonna rush u every game and theres nothing u can do against it" because they just cant keep up with early game micro/macro... the only matchup I can't do it in is PvT, no real way to rush that early.

in PvP and PvZ it's very easy to overpower someone who is far less skill level than you, doesnt even matter what build or strategy they use, thats why all my games with them are under 8 mins...
http://www.iccup.com/starcraft/gamingprofile/SaddleS.html
Puosu
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
7081 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-14 14:19:40
January 14 2009 14:15 GMT
#51
No it is not a bad thing, far from it!

it shows that your early game skills/strategies still work today very well, but I'm saying that your record of 14-2 or w/e it was is not a proof of real skills at all, the early game rushes stop working regularly as soon as you start playing even a bit better players.

I wonder what you mean by there being no ways to rush in PvT though, most of the protoss I play as terran on ICCup do variations of the many early game timing rushes. Its almost hard to find someone not doing any of these according to my experience at least.

edit: hehe I wonder what happened to the quote there, so messed up!
meegrean
Profile Joined May 2008
Thailand7699 Posts
January 14 2009 14:17 GMT
#52
Try not to overestimate your abilities
Brood War loyalist
niteReloaded
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Croatia5282 Posts
January 14 2009 14:21 GMT
#53
I'm so happy that he is stubborn and I hope he continues to be that way, coz I'm enjoying the show. I just love all the drama
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
January 14 2009 14:21 GMT
#54
Of course you can beat every bad Zerg by 2-gating every game (on LT?). But it stops working at one point, it's like a giant brick wall. And people playing LT and the likes are generally pretty bad compared to ones playing Destination and such. A lot of sick Koreans play the new maps.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Puosu
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
7081 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-14 14:25:32
January 14 2009 14:22 GMT
#55
On January 14 2009 23:21 Shikyo wrote:
Of course you can beat every bad Zerg by 2-gating every game (on LT?). But it stops working at one point, it's like a giant brick wall. And people playing LT and the likes are generally pretty bad compared to ones playing Destination and such. A lot of sick Koreans play the new maps.

This too, almost no good players play Lost Temple any more.

For challenge go play the current Courage League maps (Medusa, Colosseum and Destination), thats where the actual competition is at.

If you feel like its not fair that you have to play on those maps that you're not familiar with you could wait until tomorrow as the new MSL maps will be released as then nobody will have the advantage of knowing the map better.
asel
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Germany1605 Posts
January 14 2009 14:23 GMT
#56
Destination is such a pain in the ass map- my experience is that people who host this map are like thrice as good as python or blue storm users- or maybe i just suck at playing the map
eSTRO for life | #3 Sea.Really fan! | GGoliath! | aeterna societas honoris | cbta~ | Flash makes Terran look like Toss | aka RevaL
humblegar
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Norway883 Posts
January 14 2009 14:25 GMT
#57
Interesting project, a blog and a few selected reps would rock.
eX-Corgh
Profile Joined October 2007
Russian Federation386 Posts
January 14 2009 14:38 GMT
#58
Gonna keep track of your progress ^^

When will you fight IdrA?
Never give cheese to the Gorilla ^^
Quanticfograw
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States2053 Posts
January 14 2009 14:41 GMT
#59
i think you using outdated builds actually worked in your favor because koreans all follow the most recent builds and not being prepared for your older ones works in your favor. I think if you played durring the day your recordm ight be worse even thought the skill level is worse durring the day, just because the players know the builds you are using
https://twitter.com/quanticfograw
T.Sqd)LillTT
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Lithuania149 Posts
January 14 2009 14:42 GMT
#60
On January 14 2009 22:11 JoeSaddles wrote:
ok so I started out 4-6.

note that these were my first 10 games in the last few YEARS..... and i started reading comments about how people thought I would never get past C ROFL!!!!

after those 10 games i started to get the hang of things again, and im IMPROVING every game i play....

I'm 14-2 in my last 16 games, these D+ and c- players are honestly no challenge................ most of my games with them are under 6-7 mins because they are so bad with basic micro/macro skills.

keep in mind this is just my FIRST NIGHT back, my hands still feel like rocks compared to what they used to feel like, I'm sure I wont regain everything until at least a few weeks of playing... but when you easily get to C- on my first night playing in 3 years has the competition really improved all that much OUTSIDE of Korea as you guys say?

in a few days Ill be B ranked....


SaddleS on Iccup...




And I'll be quite impressed if you do pass C with less then 45 games played. Im not trying to troll, but lets face it, I AM A COMPLETE NOOB who plays 30 games in half a year or so, sometimes more, I played random this season and got to C without too much trouble and got to C- with 17-2 both losses due to me being random T and geting a P opponent. You constantly bring up the micro/macro issue and yes lower rank players really struggle with it, but believe me when you'll hit C or even in late C- you will be outmicroed and outmacroed. Unless you play a lot of games against currently best US players who are your friends. Don't overestimate yourself, couse under current standarts to me you are on noobie level. Sorry if it was insulting, but It's just my opinion. Bu still good luck, since it's always nice to see some old faces coming back to the game.
There are two ways of stoping a 4pool. 1. With a 4 pool. 2. With a drophack...
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings60
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O155
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 105
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 877
ZZZero.O 155
Bale 21
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm165
League of Legends
Doublelift5307
JimRising 774
Other Games
summit1g9572
FrodaN3366
KnowMe197
C9.Mang0194
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1199
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie874
• Shiphtur203
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
10h 18m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
11h 18m
Monday Night Weeklies
16h 18m
Replay Cast
23h 18m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 11h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.