• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:28
CEST 04:28
KST 11:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8276 users

Suicide & Self - Page 10

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 16 Next All
Dendra
Profile Joined July 2006
Croatia801 Posts
March 26 2007 07:50 GMT
#181
suicide is never the best solution. u didn't come into this world by an accident, when the time comes you will like as all of us, if u are still alive then it must be for a good reason, most of the time it's up to you to find it. i drive on a bike in wrong direction in very narrow one-way street at night and live, next day dude drives on bike in the right direction around noon and gets smashed by a car - there is time and place for everything, many ppl had hard times, for example Oprah (if stories are true) and look at her now, she found herself.
Believing isnt seeing.Seeing is believing,but may not be reality.
Last Romantic
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States20667 Posts
March 26 2007 07:57 GMT
#182
ask yourself

WWRD?!

mantoss would tough it up and man it out. You did have a girlfriend, there's nothing preventing you from getting one in the future. Rek's general advice is pretty decent in this situation - don't get hung up over a girl or other people.

Find something you really enjoy doing. Pursue it. Likely there are people who share similar passion as you, and you can get friends from that :D

But offing yourself? Really not the right thing to do in any case.
ㅋㄲㅈㅁ
Ethenielle
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Norway1006 Posts
March 26 2007 08:00 GMT
#183
On March 26 2007 16:42 Rekrul wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2007 16:31 Ethenielle wrote:
It's not only her, as I have said before, it's her breaking up with me causing some sort of release of pain that's been inside me since I was a little kid and was treated like shit. I guess I'm repeating myself, but I don't mean anything to anybody, and that's what hurts.

And I do in fact need somebody else than myself. I'm not something to live for. I really, really want to be loved and be able to show my love back. To be appreciated. And no, I'm not.

As for my parents loving me, it's entirely different. They are bound to love me from when I was born, and no matter what I do they will still love me. I want to meet somebody and be loved by them because I have meant something to them, I have been a person they wish to give their life for, and they wish to love. Unfortunately for me, and again a reason for my thoughts and attempt at suicide, I feel like I am nothing to anyone, and that not one single person save those two really do love me.

I don't know if you're serious Muhweli, but I can't really take you seriously. I don't have any desire to live, why ever would I want to make my death interesting? I want it to be as quick as painless as possible when it comes. As for your comment about afterlife et cetera, I care because I don't wish to hurt my parents. I may be egoistic in taking my own life and even considering it, but the fact that I will hurt them is the only, only thing holding me back from death right now.


All of the qualities which cause people to love you are qualities that are pretty much out of your control. The way you look (ok you can control that a bit), your personality, how nice you are, your wit...you may think you control these things but ultimately you don't. You have what you have.

Girls will love you for reasons out of your and their power....just as your parents love you innately.

Shut the fuck up already.


I don't see the point of your post. I don't know if you're right with values and if I can or can't control them, but that's beside the point, isn't it? I still wish to mean something to somebody and to be loved for what I am and "what I have". Girls will still love me in another way than my parents and that's the difference I'm pointing at. They may love me innately or not, but I want them to meet me from scratch, understand me and then love me from that. And yes I sound like a whiner(this entire topic has been one long whine, I guess), but the point still stands, I don't believe I mean anything to anybody regardless of innate love or not, I feel utterly worthless and incapable of being innately loved by someone else than my parents.

If you really do think I should shut the fuck up then please send me a PM and I will stop replying to this topic. Or close it, ban me - I don't really have a say, I guess. For now, I'll go to bed, see how the morning turns out. Thanks again to everyone for the replies, it helped me think through this in a way I couldn't have done alone. Thanks for all PMs, thanks a lot.
Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
sith
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2474 Posts
March 26 2007 08:03 GMT
#184
Good night

Really though why won't girls go out with you? Just say 1 thing funny and their yours, don't matter how unattractive you are.
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
March 26 2007 08:04 GMT
#185
On March 26 2007 17:00 Ethenielle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2007 16:42 Rekrul wrote:
On March 26 2007 16:31 Ethenielle wrote:
It's not only her, as I have said before, it's her breaking up with me causing some sort of release of pain that's been inside me since I was a little kid and was treated like shit. I guess I'm repeating myself, but I don't mean anything to anybody, and that's what hurts.

And I do in fact need somebody else than myself. I'm not something to live for. I really, really want to be loved and be able to show my love back. To be appreciated. And no, I'm not.

As for my parents loving me, it's entirely different. They are bound to love me from when I was born, and no matter what I do they will still love me. I want to meet somebody and be loved by them because I have meant something to them, I have been a person they wish to give their life for, and they wish to love. Unfortunately for me, and again a reason for my thoughts and attempt at suicide, I feel like I am nothing to anyone, and that not one single person save those two really do love me.

I don't know if you're serious Muhweli, but I can't really take you seriously. I don't have any desire to live, why ever would I want to make my death interesting? I want it to be as quick as painless as possible when it comes. As for your comment about afterlife et cetera, I care because I don't wish to hurt my parents. I may be egoistic in taking my own life and even considering it, but the fact that I will hurt them is the only, only thing holding me back from death right now.


All of the qualities which cause people to love you are qualities that are pretty much out of your control. The way you look (ok you can control that a bit), your personality, how nice you are, your wit...you may think you control these things but ultimately you don't. You have what you have.

Girls will love you for reasons out of your and their power....just as your parents love you innately.

Shut the fuck up already.


I don't see the point of your post. I don't know if you're right with values and if I can or can't control them, but that's beside the point, isn't it? I still wish to mean something to somebody and to be loved for what I am and "what I have". Girls will still love me in another way than my parents and that's the difference I'm pointing at. They may love me innately or not, but I want them to meet me from scratch, understand me and then love me from that. And yes I sound like a whiner(this entire topic has been one long whine, I guess), but the point still stands, I don't believe I mean anything to anybody regardless of innate love or not, I feel utterly worthless and incapable of being innately loved by someone else than my parents.

If you really do think I should shut the fuck up then please send me a PM and I will stop replying to this topic. Or close it, ban me - I don't really have a say, I guess. For now, I'll go to bed, see how the morning turns out. Thanks again to everyone for the replies, it helped me think through this in a way I couldn't have done alone. Thanks for all PMs, thanks a lot.


Shut the fuck up only means I love you. Innately.
why so 진지해?
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
March 26 2007 08:05 GMT
#186
I still wish to mean something to somebody and to be loved for what I am and "what I have".

That ain't gunna happen if you kill yourself you stupid fuck.
why so 진지해?
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
March 26 2007 08:05 GMT
#187
On March 26 2007 17:00 Ethenielle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2007 16:42 Rekrul wrote:
On March 26 2007 16:31 Ethenielle wrote:
It's not only her, as I have said before, it's her breaking up with me causing some sort of release of pain that's been inside me since I was a little kid and was treated like shit. I guess I'm repeating myself, but I don't mean anything to anybody, and that's what hurts.

And I do in fact need somebody else than myself. I'm not something to live for. I really, really want to be loved and be able to show my love back. To be appreciated. And no, I'm not.

As for my parents loving me, it's entirely different. They are bound to love me from when I was born, and no matter what I do they will still love me. I want to meet somebody and be loved by them because I have meant something to them, I have been a person they wish to give their life for, and they wish to love. Unfortunately for me, and again a reason for my thoughts and attempt at suicide, I feel like I am nothing to anyone, and that not one single person save those two really do love me.

I don't know if you're serious Muhweli, but I can't really take you seriously. I don't have any desire to live, why ever would I want to make my death interesting? I want it to be as quick as painless as possible when it comes. As for your comment about afterlife et cetera, I care because I don't wish to hurt my parents. I may be egoistic in taking my own life and even considering it, but the fact that I will hurt them is the only, only thing holding me back from death right now.


All of the qualities which cause people to love you are qualities that are pretty much out of your control. The way you look (ok you can control that a bit), your personality, how nice you are, your wit...you may think you control these things but ultimately you don't. You have what you have.

Girls will love you for reasons out of your and their power....just as your parents love you innately.

Shut the fuck up already.


I don't see the point of your post. I don't know if you're right with values and if I can or can't control them, but that's beside the point, isn't it? I still wish to mean something to somebody and to be loved for what I am and "what I have". Girls will still love me in another way than my parents and that's the difference I'm pointing at. They may love me innately or not, but I want them to meet me from scratch, understand me and then love me from that. And yes I sound like a whiner(this entire topic has been one long whine, I guess), but the point still stands, I don't believe I mean anything to anybody regardless of innate love or not, I feel utterly worthless and incapable of being innately loved by someone else than my parents.

If you really do think I should shut the fuck up then please send me a PM and I will stop replying to this topic. Or close it, ban me - I don't really have a say, I guess. For now, I'll go to bed, see how the morning turns out. Thanks again to everyone for the replies, it helped me think through this in a way I couldn't have done alone. Thanks for all PMs, thanks a lot.


stop debating

stop questioning

stop reasoning

stop providing hypotheticals

stop arguing

Accept things for what they are and nothing more. Grab your life by the hair and ride it into the sunset or whatever the fuck terrible metaphor will get through to you.

Go to bed. Wake up tomorrow and go for a run. A long one. And never post in this thread again.

You have realized that your present life is terrible, now its time to be a man and do something about it.
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
March 26 2007 08:10 GMT
#188
Btw I didn't close this.
why so 진지해?
Twisted
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Netherlands13554 Posts
March 26 2007 08:48 GMT
#189
No reason to close it either I think.

Who closed it?

I'll just re-open it and the moderator who closes it should put up a reason for the closing.
Moderator
BuGzlToOnl
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States5918 Posts
March 26 2007 08:55 GMT
#190
On March 26 2007 17:05 Rekrul wrote:
I still wish to mean something to somebody and to be loved for what I am and "what I have".

That ain't gunna happen if you kill yourself you stupid fuck.


lol.. sad but funny.
If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans.
Vin{MBL}
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
5185 Posts
March 26 2007 08:56 GMT
#191
i agree with rek this guy is just not listening to anyone
he just replies to the advice saying "my life sucks so bad i cant do this i suck too much"

please, tl.net is not the place for this... see a psychiatrist
to miss the mark
Profile Joined November 2005
Bosnia-Herzegovina1381 Posts
March 26 2007 09:01 GMT
#192
This is one of the first serious posts I've seen from Steve.

and it's a goodie!
Act happy, feel happy, be happy, without a reason in the world. Then you can love, and do what you will.
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
March 26 2007 09:03 GMT
#193
I closed it. This guy got what he wanted, an inbox full of heartfelt PMs from strangers, but he really isn't listening to anything people are saying in the thread.

I mean really, the table tennis club just walked by my office... I should have taken a picture to show you what REAL ugly looks like.

I have very little sympathy for people who wallow in self-pity like this. If you are feeling like you have real issues, go talk to a trained professional. You can find one in your town, at your school, at a hospital, in a church... but go talk to somebody real. Take the advice of Fakesteve, his was probably the best post in this thread.
ModeratorGodfather
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
March 26 2007 09:04 GMT
#194
On March 26 2007 09:38 Ethenielle wrote:
Let me start off by saying I'm feeling horrible. Absolutely, completely crushed beyond all recognition. Pick the worst moment of your life and amplify it a thousand times, there you got me. My "soul" is irreversibly smashed.

All life I've been a pretty ugly guy. When I was a kid in elementary(is this the first school you go to? I'm guessing, English isn't my native language) people used to ask me "so, are you a girl or a boy?" and stuff like that. I was pushed around and generally not liked by anyone in particular. So I got to High School(I'm guessing, again) and I got acne. Didn't make it any better, as people now ran around shouting at me and calling me ugly all the time. I was constantly harrassed 24/7, even on the internet I wasn't left alone.

Now I'm not so ugly anymore, and I've had a girlfriend for half a year or so. But, as it turns out, now she suddenly doesn't have any feelings for me anymore, so she broke up. And now, I'm completely alone again, with no real friends to speak of. No one's calling me to ask me out, no one wants to do anything with me. That's essentially why I now am considering and actually planning suicide, because I'm such a worthless piece of shit that no one likes. When I die, only my parents will mourn, my friends may shed a few tears and forget me in a couple of months. So as it turns out, I don't mean anything to anyone EXCEPT my parents, which is my current problem.

I'm feeling so bad I could kill myself without regret within the second if offered the opportunity. But, my parents. My mother thinks very highly of me and loves me a LOT. Really a lot. She's called the police couple of times before when she didn't know where I was for a couple of hours. And she may kill herself if I commit suicide, I don't really know. My father may protect her and keep her alive until the worst sorrow has gone, but I fear she may turn mad or something like that. Blame it all on herself. I really, really, really do not want to do this to my parents, but on the other hand I'm feeling so fucking terrible now I'm barely sleeping and not eating.

I'm thinking of committing suicide tomorrow morning, throw myself before a train. I think that's fairly painless and quick, which is what I want. But there is the problem with my parents, because I cannot do either. I can't stay alive because it hurts so much for me, but I can't kill myself because it hurts so much for them. So now I end up asking advice on teamliquid because I don't have anywhere else to go. I can't really tell anyone I know in real life, because they'd probably lock me up and tell me I'm mentally ill(well, that's true, but I'm not mad or anything, just insanely insanely low).

What should I do? What's the RIGHT thing? Is it very selfish to kill myself when I feel this pain all day and all night? Do you think my parents will get over it? Can my suicide be morally defended? I honestly don't know. I'm hoping for a few opinions and answers, whatever you can give. Also, feel free to joke away and flame me, at this point it really doesn't bother me at all. As long as you have your fun, it's all fine by me.


I am entering this thread late, but heres my advice anyways.

Times like this are pretty much unavoidable. Its all about identity.
The choice is yours, but I'm telling you now that if you do manage to discover your identity you will find it almost impossible to be this depressed ever again.

So please, just try to figure out who you are. Not in relation to your parents, the expectations of others, your friends or any of that. Just who you are at the most basic level. What is your personality? Who are you?
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
March 26 2007 09:06 GMT
#195
Holy shit I just realized something:

Ethenielle = IcedEarth's new ID on TL.net ? ? ? ? ?

?

!!!!
why so 진지해?
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
March 26 2007 09:09 GMT
#196
But he spoke norwegian well. Zia didn't. Oh well I thought I had a good theory.
why so 진지해?
Bearwoman
Profile Joined March 2007
New Zealand13 Posts
March 26 2007 09:10 GMT
#197
On March 26 2007 15:31 Eatme wrote:
It sickens me when religious people prey on someone when they are sad, lonely, weak and vulnerable. Everyone has a right to their own faith but this is not a good time to break out the bible and bible quotes. I dont want to flame but felt like I hade to say this.


ignorant bigot
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
March 26 2007 09:10 GMT
#198
ROFL nice delete mani.
why so 진지해?
Rekrul
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Korea (South)17174 Posts
March 26 2007 09:11 GMT
#199
Damn I'm on a roll today.
why so 진지해?
_PulSe_
Profile Joined August 2006
United States541 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-03-26 09:16:29
March 26 2007 09:14 GMT
#200
Hey man the first thing you really need to do is talk to a friend. Like you are doing now. This feeling can pass by but you have make it. Talking to someone and just having some time of bond with anyone can help.

If you think thats not for you, even though you have to do that, you need to keep yourself busy. Be determined to make something of youself. You need to set yourself up a schedual and follow it religiously. If you always have something to do you begin to focus and look at positive things. Pick up running, join local chess clubs or what-not. You just have to be sure that you keep youself busy. Take up a new hobby that you wouldn't usually find. Focusing your energies on something besides youself is the only way you can get through this alone, even though you have us

My advice would be that you NEED to talk face to face with another human being. Not everyone out there is an asshole and as you can tell by the amount of posts coming back on this people care. Find somebody. If you can come to us with this go to a local doctor, or pretty much anywhere. Volunteer at an old folks home. No matter how rediculous it sounds old people are nice as hell and they are probably some of the wisest people you will ever meet. Keep youself busy man and know there are people there for you. And even if its your parents keeping you alive as of now, they will not get over this. My father once told me that his worst fear on the planet would be to bury one of his children. I believe this is the case for any parent.
Its not that Im lazy. Its that I just dont care.
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 191
NeuroSwarm 172
FoxeR 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1842
Leta 966
Bale 76
League of Legends
Doublelift4164
Other Games
summit1g8800
JimRising 527
WinterStarcraft172
ViBE168
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick702
BasetradeTV166
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 101
• davetesta17
• Light_VIP 15
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1148
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 32m
Patches Events
12h 32m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 32m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 32m
OSC
20h 32m
OSC
1d 9h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.