• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:33
CEST 01:33
KST 08:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10246 users

[WoW] Battle for Azeroth - Page 85

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 83 84 85 86 87 541 Next
BfA Community Links:
GP : https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/KKMpKPSlgd?region=EU&faction=Horde
TLEUH : https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/v9x5bAF3jD?region=EU&faction=Horde
TLEUA : https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/ALwgJnC5Wo?region=EU&faction=Alliance
TLNAH : https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/vPrmjJxiVnJ?region=US&faction=Horde
TLNAA : https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/YeZj7P0SXLn?region=US&faction=Alliance
Bnet: Bnet - https://blizzard.com/invite/amvLM0EubJv

On November 03 2016 06:57 GTR wrote:
I've created a Google Form/Spreadsheet for people to help add eachother.

Hopefully this will makes things easier for us to find people for Mythic+ runs and what not as opposed to sifting through 150+ pages of discussion.

Form
Spreadsheet

If a moderator could add this as a moderator note at the top it'd be appreciated.
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
August 27 2016 01:05 GMT
#1681
Idk how people prefer shaman. MW way better imo.
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
{ToT}ColmA
Profile Joined November 2007
Japan3260 Posts
August 27 2016 07:26 GMT
#1682
not really, at least from a heal setup perspective we rather have a shaman than a monk heal for our progression
The only virgins in kpop left are the fans
Duvon
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden2360 Posts
August 27 2016 08:46 GMT
#1683
So whats the niche of each healing spec now?
Nothing is impossible, only some things for some people.
Agh
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1107 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-28 07:05:57
August 27 2016 11:03 GMT
#1684
On August 27 2016 17:46 Duvon wrote:
So whats the niche of each healing spec now?


It's more or less the same as before. Disc was the only spec that was majorly changed.

Pallys are still the go to for tanks.
Druid is still the blanket style healer, and they probably have the best talent layout in regards to letting them choose what is best for a given fight.
Shaman still have great utility all around and are amazing and dealing with burst. Windwalk totem (all specs) is basically the Stampeding roar. Their mana sustain is good, especially on high damage fights.
You can somewhat put holy priest and MW in the same boat as just being more generic/all around but Holy edges them out. Guardian Spirit and Divine Hymn are just flat out better than the Monk options of Cocoon and Revival.

Monk just doesn't offer anything unique that another class doesn't do better. Encounters aren't built around just having good throughput and numbers.
I may appear to be an emotionless sarcastic pos, but just like an onion when you pull off more and more layers you find the exact same thing everytime and you start crying
daemir
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland8662 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-27 12:14:29
August 27 2016 12:13 GMT
#1685
Hymn of Hope can be pretty dope as well, 10 seconds of no mana cost for all healers in the raid. So a raid-wide innervate.
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
August 27 2016 14:08 GMT
#1686
All of these evaluations are on content that's not that hard anyway. When new stuff comes out and whatever nerfs and buffs have gone through add up, there's no telling what will be optimal. Even with all the theory crafting, it is not uncommon for the really good guilds to break the mold themselves, going against conventional wisdom because they found a particular solution elsewhere. The point is, guilds are still better off recruiting players instead of classes and players are better off playing what they feel is best for themselves. If a guild doesn't have a shaman already somehow then as a leader I'd certainly want someone to make one and learn to play it. I'd want one of each healer available for sure so that my healers can figure out what's best.

But just being like "let's get a shaman for progression" is usually something said at a level where performance has a greater potential to improve results than raid comp. And then they don't recruit based on performance. They limit their recruitment to the class that is already in highest demand and take what they can get. At that point, you'd find better healers who just didn't happen to choose shaman for legion.

This variety of performance can be seen every progression as you look at the first kill parses. Top guilds get the kills in unexpected ways, which is why they weren't in the pack with everyone else. Top 100 placement is then determined way more by performance since the well has already run dry on players who can consistently play well and a kill is more determined by the attempt where enough players performed well, not by strategy and raid comp. And that's where the fallacy about utility comes in, as if having a raid comp with the utility to make certain mechanics more forgiving actually results in better progression.
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
Agh
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1107 Posts
August 28 2016 07:03 GMT
#1687
On August 27 2016 23:08 NonY wrote:
All of these evaluations are on content that's not that hard anyway. When new stuff comes out and whatever nerfs and buffs have gone through add up, there's no telling what will be optimal. Even with all the theory crafting, it is not uncommon for the really good guilds to break the mold themselves, going against conventional wisdom because they found a particular solution elsewhere. The point is, guilds are still better off recruiting players instead of classes and players are better off playing what they feel is best for themselves. If a guild doesn't have a shaman already somehow then as a leader I'd certainly want someone to make one and learn to play it. I'd want one of each healer available for sure so that my healers can figure out what's best.

But just being like "let's get a shaman for progression" is usually something said at a level where performance has a greater potential to improve results than raid comp. And then they don't recruit based on performance. They limit their recruitment to the class that is already in highest demand and take what they can get. At that point, you'd find better healers who just didn't happen to choose shaman for legion.

This variety of performance can be seen every progression as you look at the first kill parses. Top guilds get the kills in unexpected ways, which is why they weren't in the pack with everyone else. Top 100 placement is then determined way more by performance since the well has already run dry on players who can consistently play well and a kill is more determined by the attempt where enough players performed well, not by strategy and raid comp. And that's where the fallacy about utility comes in, as if having a raid comp with the utility to make certain mechanics more forgiving actually results in better progression.


Meh, anything I've said isn't based on theorycrafting. We've done all the testing offered on beta. Numbers will be tweaked, class design/utility is almost never touched -- which is why what the class offers(utility) is the only thing to value the class by.

Pretty much every top end guild requires at least 1 maintained alt (Mine requires two). All of our healing core will all have access to 2-3 different healing classes. 'Bringing the player' has been the case for many years now.

Granted I see myself more or less dicking around with old friends and guildmates at this point, I've done bleeding edge progression since vanilla including raid leading and have top10 world kills under my belt. I think your opinion and outlook is objectively wrong, based on testing data and personal experience.


If it makes you feel any better healers will have the most flexibility in terms of usefulness. DPS is cut and dry, and Mythic10+/Non Loot pinata Mythic raid bosses are made much easier by tank trait progression.
I may appear to be an emotionless sarcastic pos, but just like an onion when you pull off more and more layers you find the exact same thing everytime and you start crying
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
August 28 2016 13:52 GMT
#1688
do i do all the zones to friendly and then go to the next or do i just complete all zones one after the other?

Dont know which is better, one unlocks world quests and the other unlocks dungeons and high ilvl leveling gear and flight paths and is faster for leveling?
Agh
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1107 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-28 15:28:06
August 28 2016 14:45 GMT
#1689
On August 28 2016 22:52 LaNague wrote:
do i do all the zones to friendly and then go to the next or do i just complete all zones one after the other?

Dont know which is better, one unlocks world quests and the other unlocks dungeons and high ilvl leveling gear and flight paths and is faster for leveling?


All zones have a 'main' quest line that once you complete a quest will pop to select a new zone in your order hall. You'll be friendly by the time you finish that.


A decent 'rough' guide for all things leveling https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TiiI4huz4NXKfx7PGvvVTyP6xu8VaDNZ4-FEn69mOhc/pubhtml# if you haven't seen it already. Would recommend it to anyone that hasn't played the beta as most of it is accurate.


I personally wouldn't start in Stormheim, while it is a scenario if servers aren't stable or crash at all you'll be forced to restart from the beginning (it happened to me on beta).



The best tl;dr I can give you is getting to do your order hall/campaign quest asap(most are gated by missions so you'll want to set a timer or some kind of reminder to start the next), start your research work orders immediately(once you hit 110), When you get your world quests do only the chest/loot ones, Do your initial mythic clears then go back and focus on other world quests etc. (gear makes it faster and you're going to do it anyway)
I may appear to be an emotionless sarcastic pos, but just like an onion when you pull off more and more layers you find the exact same thing everytime and you start crying
Agh
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1107 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-28 15:27:31
August 28 2016 15:27 GMT
#1690
meant to edit previous post --- delete
I may appear to be an emotionless sarcastic pos, but just like an onion when you pull off more and more layers you find the exact same thing everytime and you start crying
AFKPuezo
Profile Joined August 2010
183 Posts
August 28 2016 16:05 GMT
#1691
I'm just getting back into the game after qutting right before HFC came out. I haven't really followed much about Legion (except the big selling points and back-of-the-box type stuff). I wanted to main a tank death knight for this expansion, but I just learned about the all of the rune (and other) changes and I'm really disappointed. Interesting resource management was the whole reason I found DKs fun in the first place. Has anyone played a lot with the new death knight? Is it any fun or is it as boring as I imagine it to be? I don't care so much about balance or sims (I'm sure that will all be reshuffled during the expansion), but I don't see blizzard going back on such a big design choice. Thanks
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-28 16:57:17
August 28 2016 16:57 GMT
#1692
It's unlikely that they'll change during legion. There have been two big class rework expansions so far i think, Cata and Legion so major reworks may not come for 2-6 years

I've seen a lot of love and a lot of hate for the new DK's but very little in between. It's certainty quite different but i'd have to play to get a good idea
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Redox
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany24794 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-28 17:36:48
August 28 2016 17:31 GMT
#1693
On August 29 2016 01:05 AFKPuezo wrote:
I'm just getting back into the game after qutting right before HFC came out. I haven't really followed much about Legion (except the big selling points and back-of-the-box type stuff). I wanted to main a tank death knight for this expansion, but I just learned about the all of the rune (and other) changes and I'm really disappointed. Interesting resource management was the whole reason I found DKs fun in the first place. Has anyone played a lot with the new death knight? Is it any fun or is it as boring as I imagine it to be? I don't care so much about balance or sims (I'm sure that will all be reshuffled during the expansion), but I don't see blizzard going back on such a big design choice. Thanks

Best thing to do is try things yourself before Legion starts. I played a few mythic 5man and LFR raids to decide what I will main.

On August 28 2016 23:45 Agh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 28 2016 22:52 LaNague wrote:
do i do all the zones to friendly and then go to the next or do i just complete all zones one after the other?

Dont know which is better, one unlocks world quests and the other unlocks dungeons and high ilvl leveling gear and flight paths and is faster for leveling?

A decent 'rough' guide for all things leveling https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TiiI4huz4NXKfx7PGvvVTyP6xu8VaDNZ4-FEn69mOhc/pubhtml# if you haven't seen it already. Would recommend it to anyone that hasn't played the beta as most of it is accurate.


I personally wouldn't start in Stormheim, while it is a scenario if servers aren't stable or crash at all you'll be forced to restart from the beginning (it happened to me on beta).

Thanks, that was indeed helpful even though I do not need to rush things.
Off-season = best season
AFKPuezo
Profile Joined August 2010
183 Posts
August 28 2016 17:51 GMT
#1694
I'm starting on a new server, and I don't have a max level DK anyway (played disc priest in WoD). I still have my free-100 but I don't want to use it on a gamble.

I guess if I was smarter I would have re-subbed sooner...
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
August 28 2016 20:54 GMT
#1695
IIRC you can use the level 100 boost to test a class without committing to boosting that class. Don't try that without triple checking first though!
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
August 29 2016 10:22 GMT
#1696
11h 30min legion hype
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
Mikau
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Netherlands1446 Posts
August 29 2016 10:35 GMT
#1697
I fucked up and didn't pre order (and spent my last money on unimportant stuff like food), so I won't be able to play until tomorrow afternoon when the mail arrives. FML.
buMf00d
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands194 Posts
August 29 2016 11:39 GMT
#1698
On August 29 2016 05:54 Cyro wrote:
IIRC you can use the level 100 boost to test a class without committing to boosting that class. Don't try that without triple checking first though!


Don't think you can. Boosted my hunter yesterday and was given the option to select the spec, nothing more.
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22630 Posts
August 29 2016 11:43 GMT
#1699
On August 29 2016 20:39 buMf00d wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2016 05:54 Cyro wrote:
IIRC you can use the level 100 boost to test a class without committing to boosting that class. Don't try that without triple checking first though!


Don't think you can. Boosted my hunter yesterday and was given the option to select the spec, nothing more.

Its not active yet but there will be trials that let you test out new classes before commit to a boast.
Its been tested on the Beta but I haven't seen an ETA for when it will be released.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-29 11:53:01
August 29 2016 11:52 GMT
#1700
I fucked up and didn't pre order (and spent my last money on unimportant stuff like food), so I won't be able to play until tomorrow afternoon when the mail arrives. FML.


Digital + playing through midnight >>>>>>>>>> physical box
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Prev 1 83 84 85 86 87 541 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft232
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta19
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft232
Nina 87
ViBE65
SpeCial 57
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 177
Noble 70
Hyuk 57
NaDa 38
Bale 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm176
League of Legends
Doublelift4572
Counter-Strike
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox334
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4881
Khaldor664
Other Games
summit1g7764
FrodaN1789
Coldzera 804
shahzam506
JimRising 391
C9.Mang0329
KnowMe199
ArmadaUGS64
Mew2King47
PPMD34
CosmosSc2 15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick701
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream79
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH359
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21236
Other Games
• imaqtpie760
• Shiphtur170
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 27m
Online Event
11h 27m
FEL
16h 27m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 27m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 27m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.