• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:52
CEST 06:52
KST 13:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8928 users

Blizzard to announce something at PAX - Page 48

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 46 47 48 49 50 54 Next
dragonblade369
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada464 Posts
March 22 2013 18:27 GMT
#941
On March 23 2013 01:44 megid wrote:
Too many people are still pissed about all the d3 fail, i don't see a Blizzard All-Stars becoming popular. In fact i don't see nothing more of Blizzard becoming a big thing except the "Titan" thing.


Well let the result talk i guess. Even though I was disappointed by D3, I'm optimistic about the way blizzard approach games these days.
520
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2822 Posts
March 22 2013 18:41 GMT
#942
I play a ton of Ascension. I kickstarter backed the Solforge beta. I played the WoW TCG. I'm a sucker for free-to-play things.

I am so behind this.
Writer
Rowrin
Profile Joined September 2011
United States280 Posts
March 22 2013 18:57 GMT
#943
You know what is ironic, I was really hoping for something like this in the last few days. For some reason I ordered a bunch of magic and yugioh cards and was thinking about playing the warcraft tcg with some friends.

I can dig it xD
PardonYou
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1360 Posts
March 22 2013 19:04 GMT
#944
Well, I opted-in for the beta, so I'd love to give a try. Used to play a lot of TCG: Pokémon, DBZ, MTG, and SW. Not the biggest news they could've brought, but good of them to branch out into other genres, and free-to-play.
arkedos
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany1426 Posts
March 22 2013 19:15 GMT
#945
looks good and fun :> will be playing it when I have a losing streak in sc2 :>
love esports - hate homophobia
ShiroKaisen
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1082 Posts
March 22 2013 19:27 GMT
#946
Everyone disappointed by this announcement has only themselves to blame. Blizz said not to get excited, that it's just a fun little announcement and not a major title...it's your fault for ignoring that and insisting it was StarCraft Ghost or WC4 or something else that was never going to happen.
Dame da na, zenzen dame da ze!
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
March 22 2013 19:34 GMT
#947
On March 23 2013 03:41 scintilliaSD wrote:
I play a ton of Ascension. I kickstarter backed the Solforge beta. I played the WoW TCG. I'm a sucker for free-to-play things.

I am so behind this.


Is this like Ascension? Because if so FUCK YEAH, I love that game.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
monkh
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom568 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-22 19:40:04
March 22 2013 19:36 GMT
#948

+ Show Spoiler +
video on youtube by TradeChat about it

First I was like 'wtf lame'. Then I heard it was going to mobiles also and I was like 'hmm maybe I might give it a shot'. Then I heard no confirmation that it might not even get made for android i was like 'wtf lame!'
Daeden.620
kafkaesque
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Germany2006 Posts
March 22 2013 20:23 GMT
#949
On March 23 2013 01:45 MVega wrote:
Sweet. People have been saying for ages that Blizzard needs to reach out to the more casual/mobile games F2P crowd and now they are. Good stuff. I'm not really into card games, but I'll give this a try.


Show nested quote +
On March 23 2013 01:12 kafkaesque wrote:
On March 23 2013 01:08 blackone wrote:
On March 23 2013 01:05 kafkaesque wrote:
On March 23 2013 01:00 Arco wrote:
Never been into TCGs, but if I ever started now it would be from this title. Looks like an interesting and well done title from Blizzard, albeit a genre I'm not really into. Respect.


This describes perfectly how I feel about it, with one caveat: the iOS-limitation really makes this uninteresting for me. I'd have loved to play this when lazing about in the garden or bed on my android device, but I won't be getting an iPad for this.

I didn't watch the whole thing but they didn't mention android at all, did they? I would assume that they will port it at some point, there's not really a good reason to not do it unless Apple pays them.


Not mentioning Android at all is akin to denying an Android release 100%.

Blizzard wouldn't disappoint the entirety of the Android market, which is more than half the mobile market in Europe, if they didn't rule it out 100%. They would have at least said: "Might get to Android at one point / soon tm".


- So eventually it will end up on Android. Personally I prefer Android to iOS despite primarily using an iOS device at the moment, but this really shouldn't be a surprise to.. well .. anyone. It's a lot easier to develop things for iOS than it is for Android because of just how many Android devices there are and compatibility is a nightmare. A lot of the big mobile developers release things for iOS first and then Android a couple months down the line. I'd much rather they get it perfected on one platform before tackling the beast that is Android.


What does the tweet say? Link doesn't work on Opera mobile.
| (• ◡•)|╯ ╰(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-22 20:24:26
March 22 2013 20:24 GMT
#950
Hearthstone
‏@PlayHearthstone
@Kamiel_Randolph We're currently only developing for PC, Mac, and iPad. We're looking into potential other platforms to bring the game to.
Moderator
kafkaesque
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Germany2006 Posts
March 22 2013 20:25 GMT
#951
Cheers!
| (• ◡•)|╯ ╰(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
dudeman001
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2412 Posts
March 22 2013 20:29 GMT
#952
"Cinematic" and game development videos.


Sup.
Hier
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
2391 Posts
March 22 2013 20:43 GMT
#953
So is this the same TCG game they already have IRL? Or this this a completely new card game?
"But on a more serious note..." -everyone on this forum at some point.
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22638 Posts
March 22 2013 21:04 GMT
#954
On March 23 2013 05:43 Hier wrote:
So is this the same TCG game they already have IRL? Or this this a completely new card game?


Im not expert on the TCG but i do believe that its completely new.
It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
vandelayindustries
Profile Joined August 2011
United States290 Posts
March 22 2013 21:11 GMT
#955
Pretty intrigued by this—since it's Warcraft-related and free to play, I'll definitely be giving it a try. I wonder how exclusive they'll make the beta though.
TJ31
Profile Joined October 2012
630 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-22 21:12:08
March 22 2013 21:11 GMT
#956
2 bad/weird announcements in a row from Blizzard (1st being D3 on PS3/4). Can't say I'm really dissapointed though, lost faith in Blizz long time ago.
But a card game... Even worse, a WoW card game *sigh*
NapkinBox
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States314 Posts
March 22 2013 21:15 GMT
#957
Is it F2P as in, completely free like Dueling Network, or just a free starter deck and have to buy better cards like the real TCG?
"Who has the best durability feat in all of comic book superheroes?" "Aquaman surviving pop culture."
Serpico
Profile Joined May 2010
4285 Posts
March 22 2013 21:16 GMT
#958
On March 23 2013 06:15 NAPoleonSC wrote:
Is it F2P as in, completely free like Dueling Network, or just a free starter deck and have to buy better cards like the real TCG?

Has to be the latter, WOTC is making freaking bank off MTGO and blizzard wants something like that.
MrChupee
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia161 Posts
March 22 2013 21:17 GMT
#959
Now that we know it's a TCG for mobile platforms, I wonder why they couldn't basically make a WoWTCG Online game, like Magic Online. It has an already has a competitive scene, and adding it to their competitive lineup couldn't really hurt could it?

But, it looks cute and fun, so maybe simple like Shadow Era, but Angry Birds level of fun.
Nazza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia1654 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-22 21:23:02
March 22 2013 21:18 GMT
#960
I like how they are using this new team to come up with something innovative. It's almost like they want an indie studio within themselves because they realize that classical gaming is becoming more popular these days.

On March 23 2013 06:11 TJ31 wrote:
2 bad/weird announcements in a row from Blizzard (1st being D3 on PS3/4). Can't say I'm really dissapointed though, lost faith in Blizz long time ago.
But a card game... Even worse, a WoW card game *sigh*


I personally lost faith in blizzard's larger projects a long time ago. The fact that this is not one of the big 3 games that Blizzard is developing makes it okay in my opinion. I really hope they continue developing games with this studio.

You also can't seriously take D3 on PS3/PS4 to actually mean anything do you? I don't really see how it affects anything.
No one ever remembers second place, eh? eh? GIVE ME COMMAND
Prev 1 46 47 48 49 50 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1396
910 87
NotJumperer 80
Bale 46
Hyun 41
Noble 11
Britney 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm179
febbydoto28
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King133
Other Games
summit1g7779
Coldzera 740
JimRising 636
hungrybox582
WinterStarcraft329
C9.Mang0317
PiGStarcraft291
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick730
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 27
• Letter1411
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota291
League of Legends
• Lourlo864
• Rush820
• Stunt284
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 8m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
6h 8m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
19h 8m
Patches Events
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.