• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:01
CEST 05:01
KST 12:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7016 users

Team EG mystery announcement in 1 day 19 hours? - Page 468

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 466 467 468 469 470 650 Next
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51621 Posts
August 16 2011 08:24 GMT
#9341
On August 16 2011 17:21 Angelbelow wrote:
Last audio is going to show up when the count down ends with the newly recruited EG players saying hello?


hello?...
Is it me you're looking for?

Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
IceSlipper
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Australia1028 Posts
August 16 2011 08:24 GMT
#9342
On August 16 2011 17:23 BryanSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2011 17:14 Shinobi1982 wrote:
On August 16 2011 17:13 SolidGasPro wrote:
Idra turns a poker pro.

Are you kidding me, he would be the WORST poker player ever.
The word tilt would get a whole new meaning. lol


For Phil Helmuth, it would be love at first sight.

poker brat meets poker grack
TUski
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1258 Posts
August 16 2011 08:24 GMT
#9343
On August 16 2011 17:16 FeeL_ThE_RusH wrote:
So I overlapped all the audio files, played them at the speed calculated by the numbers 359 divided by 13.333333 (found in the page source). Alternated the audio between backwards and forwards every 17.89 seconds, while playing it through WMP with onscreen visual equalizers enabled. From this point a message was being spelt out through the visuals. It told me to seek upon the words of Plutarch and all shall be revealed. So began my search through the writings of the great philosopher.

It took some time but eventually I stumbled across a clue in the quote 'the mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled'. Lightning struck, outside the sky turned red, I knew I was on to something. Idra played terran in BW, and terran's had science vessels, so this equated to fire being the key word. At this point, I decided to kindle a fire out of pieces of dried bush and twigs outside. I figured that someone may be following me actions and decided to avoid using any means that could be spied upon. After several hours of rubbing specially constructed pieces of wood together I managed to spark a fire (thank you pocket SAS survival handbook and Bear Grylls). Onto the flame I dropped my Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty Collector's Edition Box. At first nothing happened, but in the last few moments the fire turned blue and a voice spoke out to me, "if you believe in the bat man, face and conquer your greatest fear" as the smoke expelled by the fire took the shape of a bat.

As my greatest fear happens to be toxic fumes I took the leap and plunged my head into the fumes, believing that this was for the good of ESPORTS. Breathing in deeply I sought enlightenment. It is hard to recall the many visions I saw within the trance that I fell into. They sporadically flashed through my mind like a speedling on creep, as I desperately chased them like a poor zealot without charge. When I awoke I was standing on top of a mountain, holding a beautiful girl with a wonderous expression on her face. I took a deep breath in the clear mountain air, and asked if she could explain what just happened. Her story was as strange as mine, in the attempt to reveal the secrets of EG she had undertaken many a queer ritual. She had stumbled haphazardly through the mists of mystery and false-truths. But the last thing she remembered was taking off her top to perform a ceremonial dance, then before she knew it she was plummeting several hundred feet through the air only to be caught by my strong masculine arms. She said. "you're a hero".

At this point it all clicked together, all I had been to came together incredibly unlike the 5,000 piece jigsaw puzzle of a table covered in beans I once tried put together. Using the power of my mind I returned us to civilization in order to announce to the internet the fruits of my discovery, the wisdom that had been unfolded to me. Putting together the clues I was left with the words, Fire, Bat and Hero. Leaving me with the undeniable truth that this is the player who will be joining EG.

Now I must leave thee TL, do not forget the trials and tribulations that we must partake in for the advancements of ESPORTS. For today is now and now is today. Goodbye, farewell.


Fuck yes. You have just conquered the interwebs.
"There is nothing more cool than being proud of the things that you love." - Day[9]
EMAT
Profile Joined June 2011
United States28 Posts
August 16 2011 08:25 GMT
#9344
On August 16 2011 17:11 Zeevo wrote:
My money is on IdrA quitting starcraft.

-Lackluster recent proformances
-"It was fun"
-"Everything fades" -Machine
-Shaking huks hand and smiling after he lost (he lost his edge/motivation)



Forgive me if the implies a troll, but why would EG hype their own player leaving?
Hot_Bid Fighting!
G2Wolf
Profile Joined July 2010
United States261 Posts
August 16 2011 08:25 GMT
#9345
On August 16 2011 17:19 Taf the Ghost wrote:
http://twitter.com/#!/EGiNcontroL/status/103373724127993856

Well, Idra isn't sick, so that's not why he cancelled IEM.

More than likely it has to do with him not getting his money from previous ESL/IEM tournaments yet.
www.twitter.com/g2wolf
TheRickster
Profile Joined June 2011
United States10 Posts
August 16 2011 08:25 GMT
#9346
EG.KenBlock? Gymkhana 4 comes out Today as well...
Terrix
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany305 Posts
August 16 2011 08:25 GMT
#9347
On August 16 2011 17:16 FeeL_ThE_RusH wrote:
So I overlapped all the audio files, played them at the speed calculated by the numbers 359 divided by 13.333333 (found in the page source). Alternated the audio between backwards and forwards every 17.89 seconds, while playing it through WMP with onscreen visual equalizers enabled. From this point a message was being spelt out through the visuals. It told me to seek upon the words of Plutarch and all shall be revealed. So began my search through the writings of the great philosopher.

It took some time but eventually I stumbled across a clue in the quote 'the mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled'. Lightning struck, outside the sky turned red, I knew I was on to something. Idra played terran in BW, and terran's had science vessels, so this equated to fire being the key word. At this point, I decided to kindle a fire out of pieces of dried bush and twigs outside. I figured that someone may be following me actions and decided to avoid using any means that could be spied upon. After several hours of rubbing specially constructed pieces of wood together I managed to spark a fire (thank you pocket SAS survival handbook and Bear Grylls). Onto the flame I dropped my Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty Collector's Edition Box. At first nothing happened, but in the last few moments the fire turned blue and a voice spoke out to me, "if you believe in the bat man, face and conquer your greatest fear" as the smoke expelled by the fire took the shape of a bat.

As my greatest fear happens to be toxic fumes I took the leap and plunged my head into the fumes, believing that this was for the good of ESPORTS. Breathing in deeply I sought enlightenment. It is hard to recall the many visions I saw within the trance that I fell into. They sporadically flashed through my mind like a speedling on creep, as I desperately chased them like a poor zealot without charge. When I awoke I was standing on top of a mountain, holding a beautiful girl with a wonderous expression on her face. I took a deep breath in the clear mountain air, and asked if she could explain what just happened. Her story was as strange as mine, in the attempt to reveal the secrets of EG she had undertaken many a queer ritual. She had stumbled haphazardly through the mists of mystery and false-truths. But the last thing she remembered was taking off her top to perform a ceremonial dance, then before she knew it she was plummeting several hundred feet through the air only to be caught by my strong masculine arms. She said. "you're a hero".

At this point it all clicked together, all I had been to came together incredibly unlike the 5,000 piece jigsaw puzzle of a table covered in beans I once tried put together. Using the power of my mind I returned us to civilization in order to announce to the internet the fruits of my discovery, the wisdom that had been unfolded to me. Putting together the clues I was left with the words, Fire, Bat and Hero. Leaving me with the undeniable truth that this is the player who will be joining EG.

Now I must leave thee TL, do not forget the trials and tribulations that we must partake in for the advancements of ESPORTS. For today is now and now is today. Goodbye, farewell.



I really hope you're right. Nobody could tell you they were first...
Corrosive
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3741 Posts
August 16 2011 08:25 GMT
#9348
On August 16 2011 17:24 BLinD-RawR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2011 17:21 Angelbelow wrote:
Last audio is going to show up when the count down ends with the newly recruited EG players saying hello?


hello?...
Is it me you're looking for?



I CAN SEEAUURRR ITT IN YOUR EYYEES
Maruprime.
TUski
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1258 Posts
August 16 2011 08:26 GMT
#9349
On August 16 2011 17:16 Madder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2011 17:13 SolidGasPro wrote:
Idra turns a poker pro. HuK goes to EG. EG pays Flash's wrist surgery and acquires him.

Apologise for playing that hand!


I've actually played against retarded hands before and can honestly say I've told many people that XD
"There is nothing more cool than being proud of the things that you love." - Day[9]
ShadowBumble
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands87 Posts
August 16 2011 08:27 GMT
#9350
On August 16 2011 17:25 Corrosive wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 16 2011 17:24 BLinD-RawR wrote:
On August 16 2011 17:21 Angelbelow wrote:
Last audio is going to show up when the count down ends with the newly recruited EG players saying hello?


hello?...
Is it me you're looking for?



I CAN SEEAUURRR ITT IN YOUR EYYEES


[image loading]

Orly ?

User was warned for this post
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
howLiN
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Portugal1676 Posts
August 16 2011 08:27 GMT
#9351
So...

No one deciphered the 4th audio file yet?
CreationSoul
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Romania231 Posts
August 16 2011 08:28 GMT
#9352
i believe IdrA will be switching to terran!

i am not gonna search 450 of pages to see if this was said before.. but you heard it here first
Quitting is the easy way out...
marttorn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Norway5211 Posts
August 16 2011 08:28 GMT
#9353
BG says "this is not a" now. Not a what? Not a joke? Not a drill?
memes are a dish best served dank
sCfO20
Profile Joined May 2011
176 Posts
August 16 2011 08:29 GMT
#9354
EG tryout tourney

or they poached Obama
TooN
Profile Joined February 2011
1046 Posts
August 16 2011 08:29 GMT
#9355
I Just HOPE that this wont turn out to be underwhelming.
Serendipityx
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States595 Posts
August 16 2011 08:29 GMT
#9356
On August 16 2011 17:27 GrungyMunchy wrote:
So...

No one deciphered the 4th audio file yet?


its from the opening of the video game evil genius if you play the audio backwards, essentially hints to them recruiting a player
Dox
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia1199 Posts
August 16 2011 08:29 GMT
#9357
On August 16 2011 17:27 GrungyMunchy wrote:
So...

No one deciphered the 4th audio file yet?

Please be kidding.
@NvDox | Plantronics Nv: Rossi . mOOnGLaDe . deth . JazBas | @NvSC2 | @NvCoD | @NvLeague | @NvHearthstone | @NvDotA2 | @PLT_MF
marttorn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Norway5211 Posts
August 16 2011 08:29 GMT
#9358
On August 16 2011 17:27 GrungyMunchy wrote:
So...

No one deciphered the 4th audio file yet?


Actually multitudes of people have, tens of pages ago.

It's a game trailer played backwards. Not sure which game.
memes are a dish best served dank
Nimelrian
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany142 Posts
August 16 2011 08:29 GMT
#9359
On August 16 2011 17:27 GrungyMunchy wrote:
So...

No one deciphered the 4th audio file yet?


Playing it backwards and a bit faster will result in the last sentence being "This person is attempting to become an Evil Genius"
tylermakesmusic
Profile Joined April 2011
United States122 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-16 08:30:26
August 16 2011 08:30 GMT
#9360
On August 16 2011 17:28 CreationSoul wrote:
i believe IdrA will be switching to terran!

i am not gonna search 450 of pages to see if this was said before.. but you heard it here first

It has. Multiple times in fact.
omnia vincit amor: et nos cedamus amori.
Prev 1 466 467 468 469 470 650 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 210
ProTech136
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17204
Rain 1539
GuemChi 577
NaDa 23
Bale 17
sSak 14
Dota 2
monkeys_forever464
NeuroSwarm218
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
summit1g7196
taco 580
minikerr48
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1110
Mew2King97
Other Games
JimRising 612
WinterStarcraft560
C9.Mang0177
ViBE126
ZombieGrub27
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1002
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 171
• davetesta31
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo436
• Stunt252
Other Games
• Scarra899
• Shiphtur668
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h 59m
INu's Battles
7h 59m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
9h 59m
OSC
19h 14m
Replay Cast
19h 59m
OSC
1d 19h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.