• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:32
CEST 12:32
KST 19:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double0Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8091 users

[OSL] Grand Final - Jaedong v Fantasy - Page 141

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 139 140 141 142 143 Next
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
April 06 2009 01:30 GMT
#2801
On April 06 2009 10:11 Pooshlmer wrote:
Stop feeding the troll please.

My question is, how common is it to do that sort of hydra/muta or zergling/muta attack? He did it in games 3 and 5 and it seemed really effective against specialized mech units.


its very common.
but you can defend it with terran if you scout it in time
if you dont float the rax u can make bunker in time, if u get mines zerg cant rush with hydras like that, if u get faster ebay zerg cant do the mutatiming. But you have to get knowledge of what zerg is doing coz u cannot afford playing safe when you dont need to etc..
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
xxbluejay21
Profile Joined February 2009
United States94 Posts
April 06 2009 01:42 GMT
#2802
YES I CAN POST AGAIN lol. Ok so here's my input on this series. I'm not gonna type in all cap or i'll get in trouble lol. well here it goes. I freaking LOVE jaedong so much. His muta micro is OUT OF THIS EFFING WORLD. haha he's so awesomeeeeeeeee i love that guy. I feel really bad for fantasy though. When I was watching the winners ceremony and interviews, Jaedong's speech about the last game made me cry. And i CANT BELIEVE he knows lee young hee MAN he's lucky haha. This series TOTALLY made me want to become a progamer

On another note, we're not seeing a lot of bisu these days. I wish we would :/ I think a Bisu vs Jaedong would have been more satisfying but this Series was still the best i've ever seen. ever.
When I looked out the window, I saw my family, and my teammates... and my coach who suffered so much because of me... and I realized that I could not fall easily in the last game. -LEE. JAE. DONG. ZERG. LEGEND. HERO.
SilverSkyLark
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Philippines8437 Posts
April 06 2009 02:07 GMT
#2803
Was mnm + tanks on siege mode viable during game 3?

Mnm's eat up Hydra's but the point is that the tanks will take care of the hydra's while the mnm + turrets will keep the mutas from sniping the tanks. Is it viable to have done that?
"If i lost an arm, I would play w3." -IntoTheWow || "Member of Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk cafe. He's the next Jaedong, baby!"
Smix *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States4549 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-06 02:25:00
April 06 2009 02:18 GMT
#2804
On April 06 2009 10:42 xxbluejay21 wrote:
YES I CAN POST AGAIN lol. Ok so here's my input on this series. I'm not gonna type in all cap or i'll get in trouble lol. well here it goes. I freaking LOVE jaedong so much. His muta micro is OUT OF THIS EFFING WORLD. haha he's so awesomeeeeeeeee i love that guy. I feel really bad for fantasy though. When I was watching the winners ceremony and interviews, Jaedong's speech about the last game made me cry. And i CANT BELIEVE he knows lee young hee MAN he's lucky haha. This series TOTALLY made me want to become a progamer

On another note, we're not seeing a lot of bisu these days. I wish we would :/ I think a Bisu vs Jaedong would have been more satisfying but this Series was still the best i've ever seen. ever.


He doesn't know her - Hwaseung manager's wife is a celebrity and as a gift for jaedong before the finals, manager got his wife to get lee yeon hee to record a short video message. They've never talked/met/anything.

And... were you that crazy spammer on the youtube videos? Lol.
TranslatorBe an Optimist Prime, Not a Negatron // twitter @smixity
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
April 06 2009 02:30 GMT
#2805
On April 06 2009 11:07 Infinity.SkyLark wrote:
Was mnm + tanks on siege mode viable during game 3?

Mnm's eat up Hydra's but the point is that the tanks will take care of the hydra's while the mnm + turrets will keep the mutas from sniping the tanks. Is it viable to have done that?


he woudln't have gotten it up in time.
What he needed to do was not to float the rax. This way he could have had 1 bunker with 3-4 marines and thus held off the initial attack.
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
SuperJongMan
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Jamaica11586 Posts
April 06 2009 02:31 GMT
#2806
What a sick series.
3 muta jaedong. -_-;; Arteest.
POWER OVERWHELMING ! ! ! KRUU~ KRUU~
Roxen000
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
1226 Posts
April 06 2009 03:23 GMT
#2807
Just watched the vods.
Such a good series ohmyfudge. Gogo JD!
._.
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
April 06 2009 05:21 GMT
#2808
[image loading]

[image loading]


From game one 12:03 and 12:40 , who are these guys?
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Kuja900
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3564 Posts
April 06 2009 05:22 GMT
#2809
OMG I was on a trip and couldnt watch this live sounds crazy
OMG you nasty gurl
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
April 06 2009 05:37 GMT
#2810
PRO MARINE MICRO WTF
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
smipth
Profile Joined January 2009
United States28 Posts
April 06 2009 05:44 GMT
#2811
teamliquid, where the most benign spectator sports become all out flame wars.
Favorite Players: Forgg, Savior, Stork, Bisu
latent
Profile Joined March 2009
United States428 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-06 07:22:02
April 06 2009 07:08 GMT
#2812
This might be a little off-topic but...

Nony the interesting thing about most sports is how in their infancy they started out with former players coaching new ones. For example early on player-managers were prevalent throughout baseball. The idea that non-players couldn't be effective coaches or managers was also quite popular early on in almost every major sport. That of course has changed. In the NBA, for example, competent teams pay huge sums of money to mathematicians to wring out the latest and greatest statistical analyses.

I think Starcraft, being a computer game, lends itself to detailed analytical study extremely well. It's just that it hasn't been popular enough to warrant such attention yet. The new class at MIT is probably the only example of advanced mathematical techniques being applied to a virtual world to reveal some interesting truths about Starcraft. (my favorite one thus far, perhaps because of its simplicity, is that it turns out during a game's opening it's better to send your miners to the patches on the edge of the mineral line. You end up with a 300-400 mineral advantage over an extended period of time)

I'm not exactly sure what my point is. I'm not trying to refute something you said or argue with you. I just thought it was interesting to mention all this.




Lol I just watched the OSL Finals interview myself, but apparently a Korean friend of mine thought Fantasy was a bit bad-mannered for not thanking the crowd or his teammates or anyone for that matter (I don't know why but there are tons and tons of Korean international students at my uni). According to Baezzi's translation the commentator asked Fantasy to say something appreciative to his fans and the kid just brushed it off, saying he'll win next time.

He didn't even look sad to me...just ticked off at Jaedong. Personally I can understand how he left, but lol... ignoring his fans like that was a little crude. Oh well, it just makes my point in another thread about how he always seems to think about his own success more meaningful. It will be interesting to see how well he does in the next Proleague season compared to the individual leagues.
Moo
Meta
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States6228 Posts
April 06 2009 07:36 GMT
#2813
On April 06 2009 09:57 animus123 wrote:
most memorable part of this OSL : epic vulture snipe

2nd most memorable: OP's epic predictions


I was about to post, that prediction was almost spot on. Too bad we didn't see queens though
good vibes only
xxbluejay21
Profile Joined February 2009
United States94 Posts
April 06 2009 07:46 GMT
#2814
On April 06 2009 11:18 Smix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2009 10:42 xxbluejay21 wrote:
YES I CAN POST AGAIN lol. Ok so here's my input on this series. I'm not gonna type in all cap or i'll get in trouble lol. well here it goes. I freaking LOVE jaedong so much. His muta micro is OUT OF THIS EFFING WORLD. haha he's so awesomeeeeeeeee i love that guy. I feel really bad for fantasy though. When I was watching the winners ceremony and interviews, Jaedong's speech about the last game made me cry. And i CANT BELIEVE he knows lee young hee MAN he's lucky haha. This series TOTALLY made me want to become a progamer

On another note, we're not seeing a lot of bisu these days. I wish we would :/ I think a Bisu vs Jaedong would have been more satisfying but this Series was still the best i've ever seen. ever.


He doesn't know her - Hwaseung manager's wife is a celebrity and as a gift for jaedong before the finals, manager got his wife to get lee yeon hee to record a short video message. They've never talked/met/anything.

And... were you that crazy spammer on the youtube videos? Lol.




LOLOLOL yeah that was me i got overexcited haha
When I looked out the window, I saw my family, and my teammates... and my coach who suffered so much because of me... and I realized that I could not fall easily in the last game. -LEE. JAE. DONG. ZERG. LEGEND. HERO.
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-06 07:56:36
April 06 2009 07:56 GMT
#2815
[image loading]


I DESPISE YOUR KILLING... AND RAPING
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
April 06 2009 08:01 GMT
#2816
On April 06 2009 11:18 Smix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2009 10:42 xxbluejay21 wrote:
YES I CAN POST AGAIN lol. Ok so here's my input on this series. I'm not gonna type in all cap or i'll get in trouble lol. well here it goes. I freaking LOVE jaedong so much. His muta micro is OUT OF THIS EFFING WORLD. haha he's so awesomeeeeeeeee i love that guy. I feel really bad for fantasy though. When I was watching the winners ceremony and interviews, Jaedong's speech about the last game made me cry. And i CANT BELIEVE he knows lee young hee MAN he's lucky haha. This series TOTALLY made me want to become a progamer

On another note, we're not seeing a lot of bisu these days. I wish we would :/ I think a Bisu vs Jaedong would have been more satisfying but this Series was still the best i've ever seen. ever.


He doesn't know her - Hwaseung manager's wife is a celebrity and as a gift for jaedong before the finals, manager got his wife to get lee yeon hee to record a short video message. They've never talked/met/anything.

And... were you that crazy spammer on the youtube videos? Lol.

the Lecaf coach's wife is really really good looking:

what a baller
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
xxbluejay21
Profile Joined February 2009
United States94 Posts
April 06 2009 09:33 GMT
#2817
On April 06 2009 17:01 Hot_Bid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2009 11:18 Smix wrote:
On April 06 2009 10:42 xxbluejay21 wrote:
YES I CAN POST AGAIN lol. Ok so here's my input on this series. I'm not gonna type in all cap or i'll get in trouble lol. well here it goes. I freaking LOVE jaedong so much. His muta micro is OUT OF THIS EFFING WORLD. haha he's so awesomeeeeeeeee i love that guy. I feel really bad for fantasy though. When I was watching the winners ceremony and interviews, Jaedong's speech about the last game made me cry. And i CANT BELIEVE he knows lee young hee MAN he's lucky haha. This series TOTALLY made me want to become a progamer

On another note, we're not seeing a lot of bisu these days. I wish we would :/ I think a Bisu vs Jaedong would have been more satisfying but this Series was still the best i've ever seen. ever.


He doesn't know her - Hwaseung manager's wife is a celebrity and as a gift for jaedong before the finals, manager got his wife to get lee yeon hee to record a short video message. They've never talked/met/anything.

And... were you that crazy spammer on the youtube videos? Lol.

the Lecaf coach's wife is really really good looking:

what a baller



whats her name?
When I looked out the window, I saw my family, and my teammates... and my coach who suffered so much because of me... and I realized that I could not fall easily in the last game. -LEE. JAE. DONG. ZERG. LEGEND. HERO.
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-06 09:37:48
April 06 2009 09:37 GMT
#2818
you can see her for a few seconds here, just click play:

@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
April 06 2009 09:48 GMT
#2819
On April 06 2009 16:08 latent wrote:
This might be a little off-topic but...

Nony the interesting thing about most sports is how in their infancy they started out with former players coaching new ones. For example early on player-managers were prevalent throughout baseball. The idea that non-players couldn't be effective coaches or managers was also quite popular early on in almost every major sport. That of course has changed. In the NBA, for example, competent teams pay huge sums of money to mathematicians to wring out the latest and greatest statistical analyses.

I think Starcraft, being a computer game, lends itself to detailed analytical study extremely well. It's just that it hasn't been popular enough to warrant such attention yet.


First time for me to agree with you

But seriously, I also believe that you do not need to be an extremly good player to be able to analyze games correctly, spot mistakes and correct the player (which does not mean that I agree with your thoughts towards this final). Of course it always helps a ton if you were a great player.
I have played too many games and tried so many different sports where you can see people being mechanically a level above anyone else and still lose because they have such a deficient game analysis or simple aren't able to catch the broader context they are in (however, this applies mainly to teamsports).

Not every programer has great analytical skills, and to provide these and help the player is one thing good coaches can do (beneath other things of course). I do not see Starcraft being different in these regards than other sports. Of course, if you have never experienced yourself what it means to fly with a pack of mutas over a grooup of 12/4 stimmed M&Ms, then you are of course not helpful and not suited to give advice. But you don't need to be able to muta harass yourself to tell your players how it should be done best.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
[X]Ken_D
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
United States4653 Posts
April 06 2009 12:06 GMT
#2820
To who it may concern..

[image loading]
[X]Domain - I just do the website. Nothing more.
Prev 1 139 140 141 142 143 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 3
Soma vs JaedongLIVE!
Afreeca ASL 13441
StarCastTV_EN283
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 285
Lowko232
ProTech107
Rex 42
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 10004
EffOrt 4793
BeSt 1435
Larva 1113
Hyuk 878
ZerO 848
Horang2 688
Hyun 251
Zeus 232
Killer 174
[ Show more ]
Light 167
Stork 155
Barracks 124
Rush 73
Shinee 44
ToSsGirL 39
Bale 30
Terrorterran 28
Mong 20
Sacsri 20
PianO 18
HiyA 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 7
sorry 7
Dota 2
XaKoH 684
XcaliburYe369
League of Legends
KnowMe39
Counter-Strike
byalli829
Other Games
singsing1770
olofmeister1265
crisheroes241
Sick154
ArmadaUGS62
Mew2King52
Pyrionflax5
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 193
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream51
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH300
• StrangeGG 34
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1953
• Stunt369
Other Games
• WagamamaTV168
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
29m
Rex42
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 29m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 29m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 29m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.