• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:38
CEST 11:38
KST 18:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9455 users

B.Y.O.C Starcraft LAN - Page 2

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
November 12 2008 03:15 GMT
#21
On November 11 2008 14:38 WorpeX wrote:
Im sorry for the late notice btw, I had to wait 10 days before I could post. X.x

damn, should have PMed a mod to post it for you.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
WorpeX
Profile Joined October 2008
United States42 Posts
November 12 2008 13:49 GMT
#22
On November 12 2008 12:04 vsrooks wrote:
First off, consoles suck.

o Counter Strike: Source - awful.. should be 1.6
o Call of Duty 4 - should be CoD 2 if any CoD game
o Starcraft: Brood War - GJ
o F.E.A.R. Combat - lol
o WoW Level Race - lost all respect when I saw this one


I want to stress that this is not a serious SC tournament like WCG and what not.


That goes for the other games too. We play popular games on campus, not games which are more respected by esports. Besides, the chances of us actually doing the WoW tournament are slim to none.
SCC-Faust
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3736 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-12 14:24:40
November 12 2008 14:12 GMT
#23
WorpeX, do you know the map pool for the Starcraft tournament?

Like I'm just wondering what I should practice beforehand.
I don't want to be practicing Python/Tau/Longinus and show up and everyone is playing BGH or Fastest.

Edit: Just for clarification I guess I wouldn't mind if BGH or Fastest was in the map pool but then it'd be auto win for low money players because everyone knows BGH/Fastest players have no talent.
I want to fuck Soulkey with a Zelderan.
WorpeX
Profile Joined October 2008
United States42 Posts
November 12 2008 15:01 GMT
#24
Good question! Their aren't very many rules actually:

* Single Elimination
* Players decide on map
* 32 player cap
* Final map, best 2/3
* Players must save replays for discrepancies
* Games must be played on fastest speed

That's really it. As far as the map pool goes, their isn't a set map pool. If two players decide that they want to play on BGH they can, however both players must agree on the map. We've so far never had any problems with this system (this is the third tournament now). I personally hate fastest maps like BGH also, and so far I haven't ever had to play on it. People have though in the past. We've never had any disputes on the map used, but if it happens just give me a shout.

Now, if you really enjoy maps like Python, Blue Storm, Tau and other custom maps, I would suggest you put them on a flash drive before the event so you can put the maps on your opponents computers easily. I will have them on mine, but i'll be running around getting other players settled, so it would be faster for you to do it yourself.
SCC-Faust
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3736 Posts
November 12 2008 15:13 GMT
#25
On November 13 2008 00:01 WorpeX wrote:
Good question! Their aren't very many rules actually:

* Single Elimination
* Players decide on map
* 32 player cap
* Final map, best 2/3
* Players must save replays for discrepancies
* Games must be played on fastest speed


Final map, best 2/3? Do you mean final round?
So is every game a best of 3 or just the finals?

Best of 1 scares me. I'm glad though that it says play on fastest and save replays.
Even WCG this year couldn't handle that, like what the fuck lol. Although no one really listened to what WCG had to say about playing on "Faster" speed setting.

From my understanding you register for tournaments at the door, right? I believe I read this starts at noon and ends midnight - is dat rite? I wanna make sure I get in at the right time so I can win dat prize.
I want to fuck Soulkey with a Zelderan.
WorpeX
Profile Joined October 2008
United States42 Posts
November 12 2008 17:31 GMT
#26
yes yes, final game is a bo3, the rest are bo1. And yes, its from noon to noon.

SCC-Faust
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3736 Posts
November 12 2008 17:41 GMT
#27
On November 13 2008 02:31 WorpeX wrote:
yes yes, final game is a bo3, the rest are bo1. And yes, its from noon to noon.



kk thanks.
I want to fuck Soulkey with a Zelderan.
SCC-Faust
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3736 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-13 20:53:51
November 13 2008 20:53 GMT
#28
Quick question for anyone who has ever been to a lan before:

What can I expect when going to a BYOC lan event?
What should I bring, any necessities? I don't play SC with a mousepad, should I bring one for this just incase the table is like messy?

THANKSSSSS.
I want to fuck Soulkey with a Zelderan.
WorpeX
Profile Joined October 2008
United States42 Posts
November 14 2008 03:29 GMT
#29
Well, I don't know if I'd be able to answer all of your questions, but we do have a pretty nice image gallery up from last semesters BYOC, im sure that will answer many of your questions:

http://gallery.acm.pct.edu/main.php/v/BYOC-Spring08/

For what to bring, i would refer to this link:

http://byoc.acm.pct.edu/whattobring

I would bring a mousepad, even if you don't usually use one its nice to have just in case your mouse doesn't work on our tables. Besides, their fairly easy to carry around and are cheap as hell.
Fen
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Australia1848 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-14 05:49:55
November 14 2008 05:49 GMT
#30
On November 14 2008 05:53 SCC-Faust wrote:
Quick question for anyone who has ever been to a lan before:
What should I bring, any necessities?


A second hard drive with at least a terrabyte of free space.
Quanticfograw
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States2053 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-14 10:20:25
November 14 2008 10:07 GMT
#31
im so going, FINALLY A LAN IN PA!!!! TAKE THAT WEST COAST!!

edit: also, map pool or starting map would be helpful since they are bo1.

edit #2: 3 hours away, ahhh well see.... hopefully ill go. you say noon till noon so does that mean it starts sunday at noon untill the finish?
https://twitter.com/quanticfograw
WorpeX
Profile Joined October 2008
United States42 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-11-14 13:30:13
November 14 2008 13:28 GMT
#32
Its from 12 noon to 12 midnight on saturday. Sorry, I made a mistake in my other post. : /
SCC-Faust
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3736 Posts
November 16 2008 23:54 GMT
#33
On November 14 2008 19:07 likeaboss wrote:
im so going, FINALLY A LAN IN PA!!!! TAKE THAT WEST COAST!!

edit: also, map pool or starting map would be helpful since they are bo1.

edit #2: 3 hours away, ahhh well see.... hopefully ill go. you say noon till noon so does that mean it starts sunday at noon untill the finish?


Are you really BongMicro?
I want to fuck Soulkey with a Zelderan.
WorpeX
Profile Joined October 2008
United States42 Posts
November 20 2008 05:40 GMT
#34
Tournament is this weekend! hope to see a few of you guys their.
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 233
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 698
Soulkey 327
Horang2 302
Mini 248
Zeus 234
Larva 221
Soma 177
Sexy 105
Mind 70
ZerO 66
[ Show more ]
Jaedong 53
soO 35
scan(afreeca) 24
sorry 22
ajuk12(nOOB) 18
Hyun 15
zelot 9
Dota 2
XcaliburYe275
canceldota24
League of Legends
JimRising 491
Other Games
gofns29404
singsing1791
Coldzera 707
Happy198
Pyrionflax141
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick677
BasetradeTV201
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2270
League of Legends
• Jankos2824
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
22m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM233
Online Event
2h 22m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 22m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 22m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
Patches Events
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.