• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:17
CEST 10:17
KST 17:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7522 users

[ASL7] Ro16 Group D - Page 5

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
Barneyk
Profile Joined November 2008
Sweden320 Posts
February 19 2019 22:45 GMT
#81
Man, I just love Broodwar, such great and entertaining games and Tastosis has been great lately. Really having a lot of fun with these guys and they seem to have found a great balance in calling the games...
nah
JackyVSO
Profile Joined July 2018
Denmark85 Posts
February 20 2019 01:02 GMT
#82
Mini should be able to take out Calm in a best of 5
effort should be so much better than Mind that he should have a pretty clear advantage even in ZvT
Six months ago, I would have said Last would easily win against Sharp. Now, who knows? I guess Sharp is a slight favorite.
Rain is the best PvP player in the world and will have no problems at all beating Horang2
This is my signature. I love that I can have a signature here. I haven't had a signature since like 2008. It reminds me of the old internet. I wish I knew what to put here though.
Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
February 20 2019 08:52 GMT
#83
On February 20 2019 07:45 Barneyk wrote:
Man, I just love Broodwar, such great and entertaining games and Tastosis has been great lately. Really having a lot of fun with these guys and they seem to have found a great balance in calling the games...

Yeah, I just thought the same thing. They were great last time.
"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
Sabu113
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States11111 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-02-20 08:53:22
February 20 2019 08:52 GMT
#84
Fun night. Tastosis has one of their best casts.

Hope clam wins for the fans and a great Zvz. Mini doesn’t excite anyone.

I have a soft spot for mind but we know how that’s ending after that insane KSL finals.

Last looked weak in the group by his standard.

Rain should crush pvp please.

Biomine is a drunken chick who is on industrial strength amphetamines and would just grab your dick and jerk it as hard and violently as she could while screaming 'OMG FUCK ME', because she saw it in a Sasha Grey video ...-Wombat_Ni
TiQ.SinGi
Profile Joined December 2004
Norway386 Posts
February 20 2019 13:40 GMT
#85
Sad about Larva T_T Was hoping for both Rain - Larva advancement oh well..

Interesting ro8 draws. I think Last came out on the short-end having to play Sharp (an excellent TVT'er) and if he wins there it's most likley a showdown vs Rain in the ro4 and if it happens I predict Rain going to the finals.

On the other side of the bracket I'm rooting for Calm, effort and Mind! Was hoping for a Calm vs Mind series instead
but vs effort should be a monster series anywway.

That side of the bracket is thought to Call but if Calm>Mini and Effort>Mind then i see Effort>Calm in ro4 = effort to the final (most likley vs Rain).
If Mini>Calm and Mind>effort then I see Mini>Mind (Mini has a really good PvT) and I see Mini in the final.
If its MindvsCalm in ro4 anything can happen! But Mind should be able to take it in a series, TvZ being a strong matchup for him.

“Approved attributes and their relation to face make every man his own jailer; this is a fundamental social constraint even though each man may like his cell.” -Goffman
PVJ
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Hungary5221 Posts
February 20 2019 13:43 GMT
#86
What are the stats for Sharp v Rain in a tournament setting?
The heart's eternal vow
Nematocyst
Profile Joined October 2017
United States164 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-02-20 16:44:38
February 20 2019 16:38 GMT
#87
On February 20 2019 22:40 TiQ.SinGi wrote:
Interesting ro8 draws. I think Last came out on the short-end having to play Sharp (an excellent TVT'er)


Interesting. I thought Last hit the jackpot on that draw. Sharp may still win given Last's wrist. But I felt bad for Sharp drawing Last as I think he'd rather face anyone else. It was pretty one sided the last time they met. [3-0, Ro8 ASL S6]
Alpha-NP-
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1242 Posts
February 20 2019 16:56 GMT
#88
In my opinion, Mini is underrated. I think he could have a close series against Rain if both advanced. And Mini would also do well against Effort. I think both series would be close. I'm predicting really good games of his and Calm's.
oxKnu
Profile Joined December 2017
1267 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-02-20 18:27:47
February 20 2019 18:26 GMT
#89
Larva had really poor scouting and army management on both of the newer maps (Whiteout and Blockchain). Rain just outclassed him, Mini was par for the course in his final match.

The first game between Larva and Mini is how their matches look online though, or a long, drawish game with Larva eventually winning. Definitely a surprise. Not the Rain win though, he's been owning Larva for months now.

Sharp got a great match-up in the Ro8, he can definitely beat a 250apm/washed out Last.

Rain is in great shape, however don't disregard Horang2, his PvP is instinctively good and at the end of the day it's a PvP between two pros, so there will be a coin-toss/build-order scenario happening most probably rather than not.
Piste
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
6184 Posts
February 21 2019 10:16 GMT
#90
Is there any info on quarter final schedule?
PVJ
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Hungary5221 Posts
February 21 2019 11:52 GMT
#91
On February 21 2019 19:16 Piste wrote:
Is there any info on quarter final schedule?

Game 1 - 23rd, Sat,
Game 2 - 24th, Sun,
Game 3 - 26th, Tue,
Game 4 - 27th, Wed.

The heart's eternal vow
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8180 Posts
February 21 2019 16:41 GMT
#92
Why do so many pros constantly not have an overlord in their main? I'm guessing it's on purpose in the early game (first 10 minutes or so) as they like to put all their overlords in their nat so they're easier to protect with hydras against sairs? It seems like it can't be on accident unless it's later in the game and there's more stuff to do. I'm bad so whenever I play I always leave an overlord in my main because I'm not good at timings/scouting and just always want to be safe against DT drops. I'm guessing it's some sort of corner-cutting thing where they decide that it's easier to protect their overlords in 1 spot than in 2 spots and just trust themselves to scout a DT drop coming before it happens? It just doesn't seem worth it to me.

I feel like 1/4 - 1/2 of all protoss wins in PvZ are a result of protoss getting a DT into an unprotected main and getting a bunch of drone kills haha.
Free Palestine
Incomplete..ReV
Profile Joined August 2017
Norway665 Posts
February 21 2019 18:21 GMT
#93
Rain's game against Larva was just beautiful! And also very nice watching a Sair/Reaver-game where the protoss doesn't fall flat on his face. Feel like that's what happened most times I*ve seen it in recent times, although I might be off there.

Sad to see Larva leave early, though. I'm not too invested in him per say, but he's a really cool character. And when he's on top, he plays hella well!
It's ok. I still love you <3
Areilycus
Profile Joined February 2019
3 Posts
February 21 2019 18:35 GMT
#94
I am not specifically a fan of Rain, but his games often turn out to be entertaining. I am also enjoying the current reaver-heavy meta. I wouldn't have imagined 10 years ago that pro SC BW was still around, let alone so refreshing and entertaining.
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-02-22 14:52:47
February 22 2019 07:34 GMT
#95
On February 22 2019 01:41 Ideas wrote:
Why do so many pros constantly not have an overlord in their main? I'm guessing it's on purpose in the early game (first 10 minutes or so) as they like to put all their overlords in their nat so they're easier to protect with hydras against sairs? It seems like it can't be on accident unless it's later in the game and there's more stuff to do. I'm bad so whenever I play I always leave an overlord in my main because I'm not good at timings/scouting and just always want to be safe against DT drops. I'm guessing it's some sort of corner-cutting thing where they decide that it's easier to protect their overlords in 1 spot than in 2 spots and just trust themselves to scout a DT drop coming before it happens? It just doesn't seem worth it to me.

I feel like 1/4 - 1/2 of all protoss wins in PvZ are a result of protoss getting a DT into an unprotected main and getting a bunch of drone kills haha.


To be fair, Larva scouted Rain's base and didn't see the robo, so he would might have positioned his defenses/overlords accordingly.
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8180 Posts
February 22 2019 14:35 GMT
#96
On February 22 2019 16:34 JieXian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2019 01:41 Ideas wrote:
Why do so many pros constantly not have an overlord in their main? I'm guessing it's on purpose in the early game (first 10 minutes or so) as they like to put all their overlords in their nat so they're easier to protect with hydras against sairs? It seems like it can't be on accident unless it's later in the game and there's more stuff to do. I'm bad so whenever I play I always leave an overlord in my main because I'm not good at timings/scouting and just always want to be safe against DT drops. I'm guessing it's some sort of corner-cutting thing where they decide that it's easier to protect their overlords in 1 spot than in 2 spots and just trust themselves to scout a DT drop coming before it happens? It just doesn't seem worth it to me.

I feel like 1/4 - 1/2 of all protoss wins in PvZ are a result of protoss getting a DT into an unprotected main and getting a bunch of drone kills haha.


To be fair, Larva scouted Rain's base and didn't see the robo, so he would have positioned his defenses/overlords accordingly.


So you're saying it's considered the correct choice if you don't see a robo to not leave an overlord in your main? Presumably so that it's easier to protect from sairs? That's where my confusion is coming from. I get that larva didn't realize there would be a shuttle, but I'm wondering why standard procedure is not to just always have an overlord in the main no matter what. I can't think of any other specific examples so maybe I'm just over-remembering some moments, but it seems like in a lot of ZvPs the zerg will not keep an overlord in the main.
Free Palestine
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
February 22 2019 14:55 GMT
#97
On February 22 2019 23:35 Ideas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2019 16:34 JieXian wrote:
On February 22 2019 01:41 Ideas wrote:
Why do so many pros constantly not have an overlord in their main? I'm guessing it's on purpose in the early game (first 10 minutes or so) as they like to put all their overlords in their nat so they're easier to protect with hydras against sairs? It seems like it can't be on accident unless it's later in the game and there's more stuff to do. I'm bad so whenever I play I always leave an overlord in my main because I'm not good at timings/scouting and just always want to be safe against DT drops. I'm guessing it's some sort of corner-cutting thing where they decide that it's easier to protect their overlords in 1 spot than in 2 spots and just trust themselves to scout a DT drop coming before it happens? It just doesn't seem worth it to me.

I feel like 1/4 - 1/2 of all protoss wins in PvZ are a result of protoss getting a DT into an unprotected main and getting a bunch of drone kills haha.


To be fair, Larva scouted Rain's base and didn't see the robo, so he would have positioned his defenses/overlords accordingly.


So you're saying it's considered the correct choice if you don't see a robo to not leave an overlord in your main? Presumably so that it's easier to protect from sairs? That's where my confusion is coming from. I get that larva didn't realize there would be a shuttle, but I'm wondering why standard procedure is not to just always have an overlord in the main no matter what. I can't think of any other specific examples so maybe I'm just over-remembering some moments, but it seems like in a lot of ZvPs the zerg will not keep an overlord in the main.


Sorry, I honestly don't know whether it's considered correct. I'm a noob who needs some help on this too :D
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
Cryoc
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany914 Posts
February 22 2019 23:02 GMT
#98
On February 22 2019 23:35 Ideas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2019 16:34 JieXian wrote:
On February 22 2019 01:41 Ideas wrote:
Why do so many pros constantly not have an overlord in their main? I'm guessing it's on purpose in the early game (first 10 minutes or so) as they like to put all their overlords in their nat so they're easier to protect with hydras against sairs? It seems like it can't be on accident unless it's later in the game and there's more stuff to do. I'm bad so whenever I play I always leave an overlord in my main because I'm not good at timings/scouting and just always want to be safe against DT drops. I'm guessing it's some sort of corner-cutting thing where they decide that it's easier to protect their overlords in 1 spot than in 2 spots and just trust themselves to scout a DT drop coming before it happens? It just doesn't seem worth it to me.

I feel like 1/4 - 1/2 of all protoss wins in PvZ are a result of protoss getting a DT into an unprotected main and getting a bunch of drone kills haha.


To be fair, Larva scouted Rain's base and didn't see the robo, so he would have positioned his defenses/overlords accordingly.


So you're saying it's considered the correct choice if you don't see a robo to not leave an overlord in your main? Presumably so that it's easier to protect from sairs? That's where my confusion is coming from. I get that larva didn't realize there would be a shuttle, but I'm wondering why standard procedure is not to just always have an overlord in the main no matter what. I can't think of any other specific examples so maybe I'm just over-remembering some moments, but it seems like in a lot of ZvPs the zerg will not keep an overlord in the main.

It is obviously better to have your overlords in less spots so that you only need the bare minimum to defend versus corsairs. If you always want to leave a overlod at every base you also need more hydras to defend all overlords, meaning your economy suffers needlessly.

A better play would be to just use the lings waiting outside of the Protoss natural which aren't doing anything at that time period to scout for possible hidden stuff on the map.
http://www.twitch.tv/cryoc
Aminus
Profile Joined October 2018
Bulgaria35 Posts
February 28 2019 23:38 GMT
#99
noo, ro8 groups are just shit, to be honest.
Calm - Mind
Effort - Rain
Last- Mini
Horang2 - Sharp
that wouldve been perfect ro8 groups.
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51626 Posts
March 01 2019 03:38 GMT
#100
On March 01 2019 08:38 Aminus wrote:
noo, ro8 groups are just shit, to be honest.
Calm - Mind
Effort - Rain
Last- Mini
Horang2 - Sharp
that wouldve been perfect ro8 groups.


the Ro8 is already over why bump this thread to complain about it now.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4497
Leta 2321
BeSt 511
Soulkey 433
Soma 202
Rush 84
Shine 31
ZergMaN 29
Shinee 14
Dota 2
XcaliburYe168
League of Legends
JimRising 568
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King77
Other Games
WinterStarcraft733
Sick241
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV205
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2306
League of Legends
• Jankos1011
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 43m
Patches Events
6h 43m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 43m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 43m
OSC
14h 43m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.