• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:22
CEST 22:22
KST 05:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8702 users

[TSL] PS.com TSL Ro8 Day 1 - Page 59

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 Next
oxidized
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States324 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-16 11:07:18
February 14 2010 11:53 GMT
#1161
edit: nevermind
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
February 14 2010 12:00 GMT
#1162
^ Looks like yeah, basically someone trolling himself to show off his MS Econ and BS Math... or maybe that's even made up too... what's going on?!?!
[TLMS] REBOOT
PhilGood2DaY
Profile Joined September 2005
Germany7424 Posts
February 14 2010 12:03 GMT
#1163
On February 14 2010 20:07 kernl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2010 18:50 Shikyo wrote:
On February 14 2010 15:32 Julmust wrote:
On February 14 2010 11:53 ArvickHero wrote:
On February 14 2010 11:40 On_Slaught wrote:
On February 14 2010 10:53 Highways wrote:
Reinforces that ZvZ is a disgrace of a matchup.

No wonder top Zerg players are getting zvz sniped in Winners League.


I agree. With the way ZvZ is played nowindays, it's not longer any real indicator of who the better player is.

Having said that, Rets response to lings was poor in pretty much every game.

I disagree. You guys are all just butt-hurt that Ret got outplayed.


I fully agree with that, I mean lets have a look at how ret has lost ZvZ's in TSL:

Castro: one loss - too greedy/not enough lings

sen: first loss - too greedy/not enough lings
second loss - too greedy/not enough lings
third loss - too greedy/not enough lings

I mean at some point he has to stop, think for a second and go "oh he knows my weak spot is that I tend to make too few lings, I should just make a shitload of lings this game so he cant break me and then go into the muta-battle where I'll have to upper hand".

That's rets problem in a way, he has only played koreans in ZvZ. they often dont get like two controlgroups of lings and break right before mutas, they want it to go to mutas since they can micro like no one else. So it basically comes down to lack of experiance on rets part.

Yeah, and not even just that. Ret played all the games quite stupidly. Without scouting information, especially if expanding, it's very natural and normal to build almost purely lings. You don't just drone up without scouting information, you make only lings and a single drone here and there, maybe.(Especially against foreigners). Even if your opponent isn't making many lings to attack you, you can still use your lings to attack so it doesn't really hurt you that much, especially against foreigners.

I don't understand how a player can be that greedy in every game and not learn after the first time he makes the mistake. Ret definitely deserved to lose the series because he seemed to heavily lack common sense and adaptability. In fact, I don't understand what he was thinking or trying to do, at all.


Yes he made mistakes and all. But still, it really shocks me how few people give due credit to Sen. Apparently the average netizen nowadays seems to just have followed the foreigner scene 2 weeks into the TSL. Sen has arguably been the #1 foreigner zerg for some 2 years -- when ret didn't even know how to spell starcraft. Last year, Draco came from nowhere to a #2 finish, and his opponents on his way did not look good at all. Sure, ret was winning a lot lately, but *never* underestimate these "old" players.

I simply don't understand how people could have thought ret was the clear favourite.


buddy shut up if u have no clue

ret is as oldschool as it gets. Just because he was inactive for a few times doesnt mean he is new to the scene.. man u have little clue i gotta tell u..

and after rets good perfomances vs zergs lately he was indeed the fav.


But he still doesnt like ZvZ as u can see.. building zerglings is important .. only in ZvZ in other match ups its basically all drone whoring ;D
hatred outlives the hateful
SuperArc
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Austria7781 Posts
February 14 2010 12:26 GMT
#1164
On February 14 2010 11:51 tree.hugger wrote:
No, ret...!

Goddamn mass zerglings... Every ZvZ I've seen ret lose to foreigners has been to zerglings. Ret knows that whenever the game goes to mutas, he has an advantage, but instead of being content to go into that phase evenly, it feels like he tries to rush to it and get an advantage there. Which leaves him open to mass lings.


Didnt ret lose his courage ZvZs to lings too?
Snow - future of protoss! :) Nada = baller
simon23
Profile Joined September 2008
Germany4 Posts
February 14 2010 12:26 GMT
#1165
Wow, I'm still amazed by games 4 and 5 of Mondragon. Epic, just epic.
I don’t suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
Liquid`Ret
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Netherlands4535 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-14 13:00:59
February 14 2010 12:54 GMT
#1166
On February 14 2010 20:07 kernl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2010 18:50 Shikyo wrote:
On February 14 2010 15:32 Julmust wrote:
On February 14 2010 11:53 ArvickHero wrote:
On February 14 2010 11:40 On_Slaught wrote:
On February 14 2010 10:53 Highways wrote:
Reinforces that ZvZ is a disgrace of a matchup.

No wonder top Zerg players are getting zvz sniped in Winners League.


I agree. With the way ZvZ is played nowindays, it's not longer any real indicator of who the better player is.

Having said that, Rets response to lings was poor in pretty much every game.

I disagree. You guys are all just butt-hurt that Ret got outplayed.


I fully agree with that, I mean lets have a look at how ret has lost ZvZ's in TSL:

Castro: one loss - too greedy/not enough lings

sen: first loss - too greedy/not enough lings
second loss - too greedy/not enough lings
third loss - too greedy/not enough lings

I mean at some point he has to stop, think for a second and go "oh he knows my weak spot is that I tend to make too few lings, I should just make a shitload of lings this game so he cant break me and then go into the muta-battle where I'll have to upper hand".

That's rets problem in a way, he has only played koreans in ZvZ. they often dont get like two controlgroups of lings and break right before mutas, they want it to go to mutas since they can micro like no one else. So it basically comes down to lack of experiance on rets part.

Yeah, and not even just that. Ret played all the games quite stupidly. Without scouting information, especially if expanding, it's very natural and normal to build almost purely lings. You don't just drone up without scouting information, you make only lings and a single drone here and there, maybe.(Especially against foreigners). Even if your opponent isn't making many lings to attack you, you can still use your lings to attack so it doesn't really hurt you that much, especially against foreigners.

I don't understand how a player can be that greedy in every game and not learn after the first time he makes the mistake. Ret definitely deserved to lose the series because he seemed to heavily lack common sense and adaptability. In fact, I don't understand what he was thinking or trying to do, at all.


Yes he made mistakes and all. But still, it really shocks me how few people give due credit to Sen. Apparently the average netizen nowadays seems to just have followed the foreigner scene 2 weeks into the TSL. Sen has arguably been the #1 foreigner zerg for some 2 years -- when ret didn't even know how to spell starcraft. Last year, Draco came from nowhere to a #2 finish, and his opponents on his way did not look good at all. Sure, ret was winning a lot lately, but *never* underestimate these "old" players.

I simply don't understand how people could have thought ret was the clear favourite.



http://www.wgtour.com/news.php?datab=broodwar&idN=12285&noChange=1
Team Liquid
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44335 Posts
February 14 2010 13:08 GMT
#1167
On February 14 2010 21:54 ret wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2010 20:07 kernl wrote:
On February 14 2010 18:50 Shikyo wrote:
On February 14 2010 15:32 Julmust wrote:
On February 14 2010 11:53 ArvickHero wrote:
On February 14 2010 11:40 On_Slaught wrote:
On February 14 2010 10:53 Highways wrote:
Reinforces that ZvZ is a disgrace of a matchup.

No wonder top Zerg players are getting zvz sniped in Winners League.


I agree. With the way ZvZ is played nowindays, it's not longer any real indicator of who the better player is.

Having said that, Rets response to lings was poor in pretty much every game.

I disagree. You guys are all just butt-hurt that Ret got outplayed.


I fully agree with that, I mean lets have a look at how ret has lost ZvZ's in TSL:

Castro: one loss - too greedy/not enough lings

sen: first loss - too greedy/not enough lings
second loss - too greedy/not enough lings
third loss - too greedy/not enough lings

I mean at some point he has to stop, think for a second and go "oh he knows my weak spot is that I tend to make too few lings, I should just make a shitload of lings this game so he cant break me and then go into the muta-battle where I'll have to upper hand".

That's rets problem in a way, he has only played koreans in ZvZ. they often dont get like two controlgroups of lings and break right before mutas, they want it to go to mutas since they can micro like no one else. So it basically comes down to lack of experiance on rets part.

Yeah, and not even just that. Ret played all the games quite stupidly. Without scouting information, especially if expanding, it's very natural and normal to build almost purely lings. You don't just drone up without scouting information, you make only lings and a single drone here and there, maybe.(Especially against foreigners). Even if your opponent isn't making many lings to attack you, you can still use your lings to attack so it doesn't really hurt you that much, especially against foreigners.

I don't understand how a player can be that greedy in every game and not learn after the first time he makes the mistake. Ret definitely deserved to lose the series because he seemed to heavily lack common sense and adaptability. In fact, I don't understand what he was thinking or trying to do, at all.


Yes he made mistakes and all. But still, it really shocks me how few people give due credit to Sen. Apparently the average netizen nowadays seems to just have followed the foreigner scene 2 weeks into the TSL. Sen has arguably been the #1 foreigner zerg for some 2 years -- when ret didn't even know how to spell starcraft. Last year, Draco came from nowhere to a #2 finish, and his opponents on his way did not look good at all. Sure, ret was winning a lot lately, but *never* underestimate these "old" players.

I simply don't understand how people could have thought ret was the clear favourite.



http://www.wgtour.com/news.php?datab=broodwar&idN=12285&noChange=1

yeah, but could you spell starcraft back then?
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
kernl
Profile Joined October 2008
84 Posts
February 14 2010 13:16 GMT
#1168
On February 14 2010 21:03 MaGic~PhiL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2010 20:07 kernl wrote:
On February 14 2010 18:50 Shikyo wrote:
On February 14 2010 15:32 Julmust wrote:
On February 14 2010 11:53 ArvickHero wrote:
On February 14 2010 11:40 On_Slaught wrote:
On February 14 2010 10:53 Highways wrote:
Reinforces that ZvZ is a disgrace of a matchup.

No wonder top Zerg players are getting zvz sniped in Winners League.


I agree. With the way ZvZ is played nowindays, it's not longer any real indicator of who the better player is.

Having said that, Rets response to lings was poor in pretty much every game.

I disagree. You guys are all just butt-hurt that Ret got outplayed.


I fully agree with that, I mean lets have a look at how ret has lost ZvZ's in TSL:

Castro: one loss - too greedy/not enough lings

sen: first loss - too greedy/not enough lings
second loss - too greedy/not enough lings
third loss - too greedy/not enough lings

I mean at some point he has to stop, think for a second and go "oh he knows my weak spot is that I tend to make too few lings, I should just make a shitload of lings this game so he cant break me and then go into the muta-battle where I'll have to upper hand".

That's rets problem in a way, he has only played koreans in ZvZ. they often dont get like two controlgroups of lings and break right before mutas, they want it to go to mutas since they can micro like no one else. So it basically comes down to lack of experiance on rets part.

Yeah, and not even just that. Ret played all the games quite stupidly. Without scouting information, especially if expanding, it's very natural and normal to build almost purely lings. You don't just drone up without scouting information, you make only lings and a single drone here and there, maybe.(Especially against foreigners). Even if your opponent isn't making many lings to attack you, you can still use your lings to attack so it doesn't really hurt you that much, especially against foreigners.

I don't understand how a player can be that greedy in every game and not learn after the first time he makes the mistake. Ret definitely deserved to lose the series because he seemed to heavily lack common sense and adaptability. In fact, I don't understand what he was thinking or trying to do, at all.


Yes he made mistakes and all. But still, it really shocks me how few people give due credit to Sen. Apparently the average netizen nowadays seems to just have followed the foreigner scene 2 weeks into the TSL. Sen has arguably been the #1 foreigner zerg for some 2 years -- when ret didn't even know how to spell starcraft. Last year, Draco came from nowhere to a #2 finish, and his opponents on his way did not look good at all. Sure, ret was winning a lot lately, but *never* underestimate these "old" players.

I simply don't understand how people could have thought ret was the clear favourite.


buddy shut up if u have no clue

ret is as oldschool as it gets. Just because he was inactive for a few times doesnt mean he is new to the scene.. man u have little clue i gotta tell u..

and after rets good perfomances vs zergs lately he was indeed the fav.


But he still doesnt like ZvZ as u can see.. building zerglings is important .. only in ZvZ in other match ups its basically all drone whoring ;D


Dude, it's not that I've never heard from ret until yesterday. I was just trying to make a point, which you obviously didn't get. Indeed, you are one of those annoying fanboys -- which kind of prevents any realistic view on winning chances whatsoever -- and when your players lose you cry as if your mother had died. Your bias, be it fisheye or kolll or whoever else, is so ridiculous that people actually consider it sufficient to refer to you when talking about wimps who cry all the time (cf. Idra interview).

What surprises me however is that you were actually around when Sen was dominating, crushing every foreigner, taking games from the likes of Savior. I don't get how you can clearly favor ret just because he's had some success lately. Sure, it's arguable that ret's chances were slightly higher due to that and to Sen's inactivity, but it annoys me that people seem to consider this result an upset.

You gotta realise at some point that every player left in the TSL can beat any other one, and thank god this is so, otherwise this tournament would be boring.
desu
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
February 14 2010 13:17 GMT
#1169
On February 14 2010 21:54 ret wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2010 20:07 kernl wrote:
On February 14 2010 18:50 Shikyo wrote:
On February 14 2010 15:32 Julmust wrote:
On February 14 2010 11:53 ArvickHero wrote:
On February 14 2010 11:40 On_Slaught wrote:
On February 14 2010 10:53 Highways wrote:
Reinforces that ZvZ is a disgrace of a matchup.

No wonder top Zerg players are getting zvz sniped in Winners League.


I agree. With the way ZvZ is played nowindays, it's not longer any real indicator of who the better player is.

Having said that, Rets response to lings was poor in pretty much every game.

I disagree. You guys are all just butt-hurt that Ret got outplayed.


I fully agree with that, I mean lets have a look at how ret has lost ZvZ's in TSL:

Castro: one loss - too greedy/not enough lings

sen: first loss - too greedy/not enough lings
second loss - too greedy/not enough lings
third loss - too greedy/not enough lings

I mean at some point he has to stop, think for a second and go "oh he knows my weak spot is that I tend to make too few lings, I should just make a shitload of lings this game so he cant break me and then go into the muta-battle where I'll have to upper hand".

That's rets problem in a way, he has only played koreans in ZvZ. they often dont get like two controlgroups of lings and break right before mutas, they want it to go to mutas since they can micro like no one else. So it basically comes down to lack of experiance on rets part.

Yeah, and not even just that. Ret played all the games quite stupidly. Without scouting information, especially if expanding, it's very natural and normal to build almost purely lings. You don't just drone up without scouting information, you make only lings and a single drone here and there, maybe.(Especially against foreigners). Even if your opponent isn't making many lings to attack you, you can still use your lings to attack so it doesn't really hurt you that much, especially against foreigners.

I don't understand how a player can be that greedy in every game and not learn after the first time he makes the mistake. Ret definitely deserved to lose the series because he seemed to heavily lack common sense and adaptability. In fact, I don't understand what he was thinking or trying to do, at all.


Yes he made mistakes and all. But still, it really shocks me how few people give due credit to Sen. Apparently the average netizen nowadays seems to just have followed the foreigner scene 2 weeks into the TSL. Sen has arguably been the #1 foreigner zerg for some 2 years -- when ret didn't even know how to spell starcraft. Last year, Draco came from nowhere to a #2 finish, and his opponents on his way did not look good at all. Sure, ret was winning a lot lately, but *never* underestimate these "old" players.

I simply don't understand how people could have thought ret was the clear favourite.



http://www.wgtour.com/news.php?datab=broodwar&idN=12285&noChange=1


You chose the right race for that series
kernl
Profile Joined October 2008
84 Posts
February 14 2010 13:27 GMT
#1170
On February 14 2010 21:54 ret wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2010 20:07 kernl wrote:
On February 14 2010 18:50 Shikyo wrote:
On February 14 2010 15:32 Julmust wrote:
On February 14 2010 11:53 ArvickHero wrote:
On February 14 2010 11:40 On_Slaught wrote:
On February 14 2010 10:53 Highways wrote:
Reinforces that ZvZ is a disgrace of a matchup.

No wonder top Zerg players are getting zvz sniped in Winners League.


I agree. With the way ZvZ is played nowindays, it's not longer any real indicator of who the better player is.

Having said that, Rets response to lings was poor in pretty much every game.

I disagree. You guys are all just butt-hurt that Ret got outplayed.


I fully agree with that, I mean lets have a look at how ret has lost ZvZ's in TSL:

Castro: one loss - too greedy/not enough lings

sen: first loss - too greedy/not enough lings
second loss - too greedy/not enough lings
third loss - too greedy/not enough lings

I mean at some point he has to stop, think for a second and go "oh he knows my weak spot is that I tend to make too few lings, I should just make a shitload of lings this game so he cant break me and then go into the muta-battle where I'll have to upper hand".

That's rets problem in a way, he has only played koreans in ZvZ. they often dont get like two controlgroups of lings and break right before mutas, they want it to go to mutas since they can micro like no one else. So it basically comes down to lack of experiance on rets part.

Yeah, and not even just that. Ret played all the games quite stupidly. Without scouting information, especially if expanding, it's very natural and normal to build almost purely lings. You don't just drone up without scouting information, you make only lings and a single drone here and there, maybe.(Especially against foreigners). Even if your opponent isn't making many lings to attack you, you can still use your lings to attack so it doesn't really hurt you that much, especially against foreigners.

I don't understand how a player can be that greedy in every game and not learn after the first time he makes the mistake. Ret definitely deserved to lose the series because he seemed to heavily lack common sense and adaptability. In fact, I don't understand what he was thinking or trying to do, at all.


Yes he made mistakes and all. But still, it really shocks me how few people give due credit to Sen. Apparently the average netizen nowadays seems to just have followed the foreigner scene 2 weeks into the TSL. Sen has arguably been the #1 foreigner zerg for some 2 years -- when ret didn't even know how to spell starcraft. Last year, Draco came from nowhere to a #2 finish, and his opponents on his way did not look good at all. Sure, ret was winning a lot lately, but *never* underestimate these "old" players.

I simply don't understand how people could have thought ret was the clear favourite.



http://www.wgtour.com/news.php?datab=broodwar&idN=12285&noChange=1


Good point

Well I think you understand what I was trying to say anyway, I feel exaggerating is just a necessary means to an end sometimes. And yes, did you actually know how to spell starcraft?
desu
PhilGood2DaY
Profile Joined September 2005
Germany7424 Posts
February 14 2010 13:30 GMT
#1171
On February 14 2010 22:16 kernl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2010 21:03 MaGic~PhiL wrote:
On February 14 2010 20:07 kernl wrote:
On February 14 2010 18:50 Shikyo wrote:
On February 14 2010 15:32 Julmust wrote:
On February 14 2010 11:53 ArvickHero wrote:
On February 14 2010 11:40 On_Slaught wrote:
On February 14 2010 10:53 Highways wrote:
Reinforces that ZvZ is a disgrace of a matchup.

No wonder top Zerg players are getting zvz sniped in Winners League.


I agree. With the way ZvZ is played nowindays, it's not longer any real indicator of who the better player is.

Having said that, Rets response to lings was poor in pretty much every game.

I disagree. You guys are all just butt-hurt that Ret got outplayed.


I fully agree with that, I mean lets have a look at how ret has lost ZvZ's in TSL:

Castro: one loss - too greedy/not enough lings

sen: first loss - too greedy/not enough lings
second loss - too greedy/not enough lings
third loss - too greedy/not enough lings

I mean at some point he has to stop, think for a second and go "oh he knows my weak spot is that I tend to make too few lings, I should just make a shitload of lings this game so he cant break me and then go into the muta-battle where I'll have to upper hand".

That's rets problem in a way, he has only played koreans in ZvZ. they often dont get like two controlgroups of lings and break right before mutas, they want it to go to mutas since they can micro like no one else. So it basically comes down to lack of experiance on rets part.

Yeah, and not even just that. Ret played all the games quite stupidly. Without scouting information, especially if expanding, it's very natural and normal to build almost purely lings. You don't just drone up without scouting information, you make only lings and a single drone here and there, maybe.(Especially against foreigners). Even if your opponent isn't making many lings to attack you, you can still use your lings to attack so it doesn't really hurt you that much, especially against foreigners.

I don't understand how a player can be that greedy in every game and not learn after the first time he makes the mistake. Ret definitely deserved to lose the series because he seemed to heavily lack common sense and adaptability. In fact, I don't understand what he was thinking or trying to do, at all.


Yes he made mistakes and all. But still, it really shocks me how few people give due credit to Sen. Apparently the average netizen nowadays seems to just have followed the foreigner scene 2 weeks into the TSL. Sen has arguably been the #1 foreigner zerg for some 2 years -- when ret didn't even know how to spell starcraft. Last year, Draco came from nowhere to a #2 finish, and his opponents on his way did not look good at all. Sure, ret was winning a lot lately, but *never* underestimate these "old" players.

I simply don't understand how people could have thought ret was the clear favourite.


buddy shut up if u have no clue

ret is as oldschool as it gets. Just because he was inactive for a few times doesnt mean he is new to the scene.. man u have little clue i gotta tell u..

and after rets good perfomances vs zergs lately he was indeed the fav.


But he still doesnt like ZvZ as u can see.. building zerglings is important .. only in ZvZ in other match ups its basically all drone whoring ;D


Dude, it's not that I've never heard from ret until yesterday. I was just trying to make a point, which you obviously didn't get. Indeed, you are one of those annoying fanboys -- which kind of prevents any realistic view on winning chances whatsoever -- and when your players lose you cry as if your mother had died. Your bias, be it fisheye or kolll or whoever else, is so ridiculous that people actually consider it sufficient to refer to you when talking about wimps who cry all the time (cf. Idra interview).

What surprises me however is that you were actually around when Sen was dominating, crushing every foreigner, taking games from the likes of Savior. I don't get how you can clearly favor ret just because he's had some success lately. Sure, it's arguable that ret's chances were slightly higher due to that and to Sen's inactivity, but it annoys me that people seem to consider this result an upset.

You gotta realise at some point that every player left in the TSL can beat any other one, and thank god this is so, otherwise this tournament would be boring.


Boy no offense but are u..

1) So u basicaly say we agree ?

Ret was the SLIGHT favourite ( on this level especially in ZvZ no one is a huge fav. and its not a huge upset either.. ) I just gave ret and many others as well a SLIGHT ( ! ) edge..

Seeing ret losing isnt surprising. It was very well in the range of a certain possibilty

Seein as it is ZvZ and as Sen & ret are both beats i doubt anyone with a clear mind would have said ret is the CLEAR fav.

Its something like 55/45 and ZvZ almost making it a 50/50 thing so what !?

2) For sure everyone can beat any other man what are u even trying to say !?

3) Im no ret fan boy buddy.. Im not sad he lost Im not crying..


I dont even know what u want but u sir seem to have no clue how long ret as been around.. seriously.. Sen is pretty oldschool but believe me.. ret is even longer playing this game.. ( at least as long competetive .. )

hatred outlives the hateful
kernl
Profile Joined October 2008
84 Posts
February 14 2010 13:44 GMT
#1172
On February 14 2010 22:30 MaGic~PhiL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2010 22:16 kernl wrote:
On February 14 2010 21:03 MaGic~PhiL wrote:
On February 14 2010 20:07 kernl wrote:
On February 14 2010 18:50 Shikyo wrote:
On February 14 2010 15:32 Julmust wrote:
On February 14 2010 11:53 ArvickHero wrote:
On February 14 2010 11:40 On_Slaught wrote:
On February 14 2010 10:53 Highways wrote:
Reinforces that ZvZ is a disgrace of a matchup.

No wonder top Zerg players are getting zvz sniped in Winners League.


I agree. With the way ZvZ is played nowindays, it's not longer any real indicator of who the better player is.

Having said that, Rets response to lings was poor in pretty much every game.

I disagree. You guys are all just butt-hurt that Ret got outplayed.


I fully agree with that, I mean lets have a look at how ret has lost ZvZ's in TSL:

Castro: one loss - too greedy/not enough lings

sen: first loss - too greedy/not enough lings
second loss - too greedy/not enough lings
third loss - too greedy/not enough lings

I mean at some point he has to stop, think for a second and go "oh he knows my weak spot is that I tend to make too few lings, I should just make a shitload of lings this game so he cant break me and then go into the muta-battle where I'll have to upper hand".

That's rets problem in a way, he has only played koreans in ZvZ. they often dont get like two controlgroups of lings and break right before mutas, they want it to go to mutas since they can micro like no one else. So it basically comes down to lack of experiance on rets part.

Yeah, and not even just that. Ret played all the games quite stupidly. Without scouting information, especially if expanding, it's very natural and normal to build almost purely lings. You don't just drone up without scouting information, you make only lings and a single drone here and there, maybe.(Especially against foreigners). Even if your opponent isn't making many lings to attack you, you can still use your lings to attack so it doesn't really hurt you that much, especially against foreigners.

I don't understand how a player can be that greedy in every game and not learn after the first time he makes the mistake. Ret definitely deserved to lose the series because he seemed to heavily lack common sense and adaptability. In fact, I don't understand what he was thinking or trying to do, at all.


Yes he made mistakes and all. But still, it really shocks me how few people give due credit to Sen. Apparently the average netizen nowadays seems to just have followed the foreigner scene 2 weeks into the TSL. Sen has arguably been the #1 foreigner zerg for some 2 years -- when ret didn't even know how to spell starcraft. Last year, Draco came from nowhere to a #2 finish, and his opponents on his way did not look good at all. Sure, ret was winning a lot lately, but *never* underestimate these "old" players.

I simply don't understand how people could have thought ret was the clear favourite.


buddy shut up if u have no clue

ret is as oldschool as it gets. Just because he was inactive for a few times doesnt mean he is new to the scene.. man u have little clue i gotta tell u..

and after rets good perfomances vs zergs lately he was indeed the fav.


But he still doesnt like ZvZ as u can see.. building zerglings is important .. only in ZvZ in other match ups its basically all drone whoring ;D


Dude, it's not that I've never heard from ret until yesterday. I was just trying to make a point, which you obviously didn't get. Indeed, you are one of those annoying fanboys -- which kind of prevents any realistic view on winning chances whatsoever -- and when your players lose you cry as if your mother had died. Your bias, be it fisheye or kolll or whoever else, is so ridiculous that people actually consider it sufficient to refer to you when talking about wimps who cry all the time (cf. Idra interview).

What surprises me however is that you were actually around when Sen was dominating, crushing every foreigner, taking games from the likes of Savior. I don't get how you can clearly favor ret just because he's had some success lately. Sure, it's arguable that ret's chances were slightly higher due to that and to Sen's inactivity, but it annoys me that people seem to consider this result an upset.

You gotta realise at some point that every player left in the TSL can beat any other one, and thank god this is so, otherwise this tournament would be boring.


Boy no offense but are u..

1) So u basicaly say we agree ?

Ret was the SLIGHT favourite ( on this level especially in ZvZ no one is a huge fav. and its not a huge upset either.. ) I just gave ret and many others as well a SLIGHT ( ! ) edge..

Seeing ret losing isnt surprising. It was very well in the range of a certain possibilty

Seein as it is ZvZ and as Sen & ret are both beats i doubt anyone with a clear mind would have said ret is the CLEAR fav.

Its something like 55/45 and ZvZ almost making it a 50/50 thing so what !?

2) For sure everyone can beat any other man what are u even trying to say !?

3) Im no ret fan boy buddy.. Im not sad he lost Im not crying..


I dont even know what u want but u sir seem to have no clue how long ret as been around.. seriously.. Sen is pretty oldschool but believe me.. ret is even longer playing this game.. ( at least as long competetive .. )



Well what you said now is perfectly reasonable. I just didn't have the feeling that this is how most people here felt about the match.
desu
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
February 14 2010 13:53 GMT
#1173
I think ret became overrated simply by virtue of spending time in Korea. Even though we know the majority of that time was outside of the progamer house which is how you improve, playing their absurd hours against their absurd skill level. Not to mention he basically had to learn to zvz not that long ago.

Looking at it from a reasonable point of view rather than a "I wish he would win so he could recoup some money going to korea" he is the slight underdog against any top foreign zerg in zvz. Whereas he been playing tvz from his home this entire time I would put him as the favorite.
PhilGood2DaY
Profile Joined September 2005
Germany7424 Posts
February 14 2010 14:40 GMT
#1174
U guys do understand, that losing a bo5 ZvZ series in such a fashion as ret did doesnt necesserily mean that he wasnt supposed to be looked at as the slight ( ! ) favourite for this series..

But lets drop it. Close series pretty sad that ret still isnt that comfortable with making lings and nothing but lings but its somewhat the key to being good at zvz ( not saying ret isnt ) after all he did fairly well zvz in his last courage ..
hatred outlives the hateful
RowdierBob
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
Australia13526 Posts
February 14 2010 14:53 GMT
#1175
Of course Ret was a favourite for this series, but it was always going to be a difficult series for him. Sen is a relatively unknown quantity in TSL. We all know how good he used to be, but he has largely been off the radar for a while now and nobody really knew what to expect.

I'm sure it would have been difficult for Ret to prepare as there wasn't much of Sen to study and ZvZ is well... ZvZ - BWs most volatile MU.
"Terrans are pretty much space-Australians" - H
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
February 14 2010 15:24 GMT
#1176
On February 14 2010 23:40 MaGic~PhiL wrote:
U guys do understand, that losing a bo5 ZvZ series in such a fashion as ret did doesnt necesserily mean that he wasnt supposed to be looked at as the slight ( ! ) favourite for this series..

But lets drop it. Close series pretty sad that ret still isnt that comfortable with making lings and nothing but lings but its somewhat the key to being good at zvz ( not saying ret isnt ) after all he did fairly well zvz in his last courage ..


He beat one person and that guy from the tv show who is worse than me at zvz.

I think there's reasonable arguments for either of them being the favorite, just not by any significantly large margin. It's just not really an upset for either of them to lose, even if you give one an edge. Maybe for one to 3-0 the other though.

I still wish Ret picked t. His 2 fact tank was one of the reasons I play tvz, he was without a doubt the best foreign tvz in that era
ffswowsucks
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
Greece2298 Posts
February 14 2010 15:57 GMT
#1177
All this ret vs sen talk gets no where, it happened, sen won over ret. lets get moving. and zvz is based in the details. oh and Ret i think he should go back to TvZ since he is no longer in korea, i think.
Terran in particular is a notoriously strong race for a no brain skillhand bot style.
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
February 14 2010 16:06 GMT
#1178
Maybe Ret still lacks a lot of ZvZ-experience which led to some wrong decisions under pressure.
Because, as the word suggests, experience just comes from playing the matchup over and over and over, and the last few months just aren't enough to cut it.

I think it is absolutely legitimate to say that Ret was the favorite in this match, although not by a large margin. Sen is a big name Zerg since forever, and I don't believe Ret underestimated him in any way. His early sunken build suggests to me that he wanted a safe transition into mutalisk fights. But Sen did not back up just because there was a sunken, which a lot of good players actually would do. The outcome of fights between mass lings vs sunken/lings/drones is just so unpredictable.

This being said, at least in game 5 with his complete scouting information and the first four sets in mind, he should have been able to defend it. His adaptation clearly was not the best in that series.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
dibban
Profile Joined July 2008
Sweden1279 Posts
February 14 2010 16:12 GMT
#1179
Ret.. I am dissapoint. But its ok .
Must say I'm quite impressed by Mondi's overall play!
이제동 - 이영호 since '07.
wo0py
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Netherlands922 Posts
February 14 2010 17:13 GMT
#1180
(Z)(nl)ret played well, (Z)(tw)Sen is just very very good..

Btw Why is there no thread for day2?
We shouldnt recreate anger of the non-virtual world
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 537
JuggernautJason69
Nathanias 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15063
Dewaltoss 114
Bale 11
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4364
Khaldor1717
Liquid`Hasu826
Other Games
summit1g5756
fl0m987
Beastyqt677
shahzam427
FrodaN291
byalli282
ArmadaUGS161
C9.Mang0161
KnowMe157
UpATreeSC85
Mew2King67
PPMD18
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV235
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream89
Other Games
angryscii15
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie900
• Shiphtur218
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 38m
Stellar Fest
16h 38m
OSC
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 13h
Online Event
1d 14h
FEL
1d 19h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 20h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 22h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.