• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:16
CEST 13:16
KST 20:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9794 users

! [G] Stylish's FPVods [06-10 Update] - Page 48

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 46 47 48 49 50 76 Next
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-03 00:36:02
April 03 2009 00:34 GMT
#941
On April 03 2009 09:27 Tbake wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On April 03 2009 06:30 StylishVODs wrote:
lately I haven't played any tvt at all. When i was playing tvt i guess the level was B- to B, not higher, thats why im reluctant to do guides.
And ofcourse that i dont like playing it, recording vods takes alot of time etc and i dont want to spend it on something i think is boring:D

Im currently trying to record a good 9minpush game. Hopefully vs a good opponent and get it to the lategame. Gonna practice alot with naugrim now so I hope there will be some good games.



hah ok =). Try to record the 9 min push on medusa =). Also When doing the Strong FD. It seems when you play vs the 2 gate goons, the farther you go to his base, the more he gets to snipe your stuff, then just rolls you over at your base. Are you not suppose 2 push out all the way to his base when he dose 2 gate?


No, push as far as you feel comfortable doing. Then move back. Also dont usually use mines for offensive if he's doing a goon preassure build. Lay mines behind the tanks and at your natural while pushing abit.

This will cause protoss to make even more goons, and his eco will suffer more than yours. Your exp will be up earlier.

These questions are answered in the [G] Terran FAQ thread.

Also, 9minpush isn't good on medusa. I'm using 14cc most of the time now, and mech if i start top left because u cant wall the 14cc there.
There will be more vods up this weekend. Hopefully a good 14cc game and a TvT standard build and game vod. But I can't promise^^

but now ---- bed!
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
oneill
Profile Joined August 2004
Philippines278 Posts
April 03 2009 03:02 GMT
#942
Thanks Stylish for your effort. May I suggest you add something like your personal information, accomplishments and stuff like that.
Tbake
Profile Joined November 2008
United States71 Posts
April 03 2009 05:30 GMT
#943
Ahhhh, ok I will give the FAQ a read. Two quick questions why do you think that medusa is so good for 14 cc and not 9 min push? Most of the TvZ on C- level have been a 9 pool or so rush, and it seems a 14 cc would lose to it. Also you have said a strong FD is good for a 14 nexus counter on non ramp maps, but how do you react if you see this happening on a map like python. If you scout it late, and you arldy are making your factory? It seems anything you do will still leave you behind.
Hi
LOcDowN
Profile Joined February 2003
United States1015 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-03 06:02:47
April 03 2009 05:49 GMT
#944
I've done the strong FD or 10s faster FD on 14 nex @ python several times (if I scouted it last). If I scout on 1st or 2nd position I skip fact add-on & rally vult + marines + stacked scvs to enemy's exp. Take out the nexus and from there decide if it's a good idea to advance up ramp or not. Float your rax/ebay to his base to see his tech or adjacent exp. Take your own exp and play from there. 14 nexus is just instant death imo.

edit: Also, check this topic 10s faster FD
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
April 03 2009 14:48 GMT
#945
On April 03 2009 12:02 oneill wrote:
Thanks Stylish for your effort. May I suggest you add something like your personal information, accomplishments and stuff like that.


Check the [G] Terran Guide introduction for that sort of information.

TBake, i have answered that question sometimes, i think its in the FAQ or i will add it soon. Basically if you don't decide to do early damage to him you can cut back on safetybuildings to get ahead, such as adding a second factory before ebay etc.
Sometimes you'll just be at a disadvantage against 14nexus if you scout it too late and didn't do a proper openingbuild.
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
ZzZzAnG
Profile Joined May 2008
United States109 Posts
April 03 2009 21:45 GMT
#946
hey can you make bo list for 14 cc and wat do you do when z goes 2 hatch vs 14 cc?iplayed 1 game on medusa and z went 2hatch muta and i had no money to place turret and muta came ;;
ZoMg -,.-
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-05 20:45:16
April 04 2009 07:51 GMT
#947
    Update April 03
  • TvZ 14cc and TvP Strong FD BO-Lists are finnished + some additional advice in the list as usual. Sorry for the delay!
  • Added questions for 14cc, How to beat 14nexus and some general mech tips in [G] Terran Guide. Check it out.


Edit: I don't wanna bump the thread but I'm having a real hard time recording vods now due to a virus i got when trying to get a good desktop searching pictures... My computer lags hard atm and i cannot record vods.

ZzZzang:
done.
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
johnnyD
Profile Joined August 2007
United States78 Posts
April 05 2009 21:48 GMT
#948
Thank you stylish for the awesome strats.. You have given me the ability to work on tvz and tvp mechanics, instead of me being stuck on the duh what do I do now stump I was in. Thank you merach for helping by.stylish out... and for hosting our hamachi server which is sweeeeeeeet
aupstar
Profile Joined June 2007
Australia912 Posts
April 06 2009 00:29 GMT
#949
Stylish is da best!

It would be awesome if you could do a dew vods on cheese countering!

That would just make my day!

:D
Firebats, the natural enemy of octozerg
ZeKk
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sweden320 Posts
April 06 2009 14:38 GMT
#950
Hi again stylish. I was wondering about the EE timing push or whatever it's called. I have practise it and have the right timing for it. But yet before I can attack the zerg especially on crossposition I have notice they have lurkers done before I get a chance to attack zerg. Lurkers and mutas just eats me when I try to break he's sunkenline. Thus I can't aplicate this strategy. How should I adapet in the best way if the zerg have earlier lurkers then the provided timing of the EE push?
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
April 06 2009 16:27 GMT
#951
On April 06 2009 23:38 ZeKk wrote:
Hi again stylish. I was wondering about the EE timing push or whatever it's called. I have practise it and have the right timing for it. But yet before I can attack the zerg especially on crossposition I have notice they have lurkers done before I get a chance to attack zerg. Lurkers and mutas just eats me when I try to break he's sunkenline. Thus I can't aplicate this strategy. How should I adapet in the best way if the zerg have earlier lurkers then the provided timing of the EE push?

If they have lurkers up most of the time your timing is wrong. Try to move out earlier and be outside his base when 1-1 hits.
If he already has lurkers you're abit behind, but 1-1 marines is good to micro against lurkers and you should be able to attack an expansion atleast.
Then transistion into 2fact usually while keeping mapcontrol with the marines.
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
ZeKk
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sweden320 Posts
April 06 2009 21:24 GMT
#952
On April 07 2009 01:27 StylishVODs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2009 23:38 ZeKk wrote:
Hi again stylish. I was wondering about the EE timing push or whatever it's called. I have practise it and have the right timing for it. But yet before I can attack the zerg especially on crossposition I have notice they have lurkers done before I get a chance to attack zerg. Lurkers and mutas just eats me when I try to break he's sunkenline. Thus I can't aplicate this strategy. How should I adapet in the best way if the zerg have earlier lurkers then the provided timing of the EE push?

If they have lurkers up most of the time your timing is wrong. Try to move out earlier and be outside his base when 1-1 hits.
If he already has lurkers you're abit behind, but 1-1 marines is good to micro against lurkers and you should be able to attack an expansion atleast.
Then transistion into 2fact usually while keeping mapcontrol with the marines.


Yea I tried to move out in time. I used ur game vs sortof as a model of this timing push. But in ur solo builder order game u were 10 seconds earlier in ur attack than against Sortof. So I didnt use that as a mall since no games goes perfectly. The zerg I meet build hydralisk den earlier then Sortof and build a 2-3 fewer mutalisk so he could afford to reachsearch lurker aspect earlier, thus he had he's lurker done by 8:30. So it's really just a couple of seconds diffrently then ur timing attack vs Sortof. This strategy is really on the marginals. What would you say is the timing window for this push?
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-06 23:12:22
April 06 2009 23:10 GMT
#953
On April 07 2009 06:24 ZeKk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 07 2009 01:27 StylishVODs wrote:
On April 06 2009 23:38 ZeKk wrote:
Hi again stylish. I was wondering about the EE timing push or whatever it's called. I have practise it and have the right timing for it. But yet before I can attack the zerg especially on crossposition I have notice they have lurkers done before I get a chance to attack zerg. Lurkers and mutas just eats me when I try to break he's sunkenline. Thus I can't aplicate this strategy. How should I adapet in the best way if the zerg have earlier lurkers then the provided timing of the EE push?

If they have lurkers up most of the time your timing is wrong. Try to move out earlier and be outside his base when 1-1 hits.
If he already has lurkers you're abit behind, but 1-1 marines is good to micro against lurkers and you should be able to attack an expansion atleast.
Then transistion into 2fact usually while keeping mapcontrol with the marines.


Yea I tried to move out in time. I used ur game vs sortof as a model of this timing push. But in ur solo builder order game u were 10 seconds earlier in ur attack than against Sortof. So I didnt use that as a mall since no games goes perfectly. The zerg I meet build hydralisk den earlier then Sortof and build a 2-3 fewer mutalisk so he could afford to reachsearch lurker aspect earlier, thus he had he's lurker done by 8:30. So it's really just a couple of seconds diffrently then ur timing attack vs Sortof. This strategy is really on the marginals. What would you say is the timing window for this push?


10 seconds:D If you play vs someone who techs to lurkers faster than usual, dont do this build.
I don't use it as a standard build.
Although its really good if they do the normal timings, i actually beat F91 using this very strategy.

This virus is really killing me, i will probably have to buy a new computer before i can record more vods.. however i can still play and ill upload replaypacks when i get a good amount of games.
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
Beardfish
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States525 Posts
April 07 2009 08:52 GMT
#954
I noticed some Dream Theater and Megadeth in your vods. Good music taste.
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
April 07 2009 16:47 GMT
#955
Hello Stylish.
I just want to take the time to thank you for the incredible amount of effort you've put into this.
I'm a newbie that's just been playing for 2 weeks, and until I discovered your thread I was totally in the dark on anything called BO's or strategy.
With the help of your VODs and FAQ I feel like I've been able to improve my game immensely.
I think that your contribution is the biggest help to ever hit a terran player, and that anyone can get good following your advice.

Keep up the good work!
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
April 07 2009 16:52 GMT
#956
Thnx I'm glad it helps you.

I know some terranplayers might not know about this thread so I wonder why it's not added to the recommended threads. This way people will find it easier.
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
Tbake
Profile Joined November 2008
United States71 Posts
April 07 2009 17:42 GMT
#957
Hey Stylish, If you get some good tvp on colo( since its motw) could you upload the replays? Would love a few more example games of your flash strat, or any other builds you like on the map. Just replays is good, no need for vods.
Hi
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
April 07 2009 17:59 GMT
#958
Sure ill post the replays when i get home. I already have a bunch, they might be a few months old but i think they're pretty representable for the flashstrat.
Atm im just playing tvz since its so much fun^^ Im not going to hardcore practice anymore since i will only play 2 more months and then I will quit. So right now im just enjoying myself and trying to help out as much as I can.
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
LOcDowN
Profile Joined February 2003
United States1015 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-07 18:34:46
April 07 2009 18:28 GMT
#959
Stylish, what do u think of 910 version of the ROFL strat. i saw this posted on the who is who season 8 thread: replay link 1

Can you also briefly talk about his tvz build for his second game: replay link 2
Tbake
Profile Joined November 2008
United States71 Posts
April 07 2009 20:46 GMT
#960
Ahhh ok. Also do you have a good way of dealing with zerg putting a sunken at ur base on colo, where the zerg creep can be placed down. I played a game when I was going mech, and he put a early sunken there with lings, and knocked off my 2 depots.
Hi
Prev 1 46 47 48 49 50 76 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs YoungYakovLIVE!
ByuN vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings153
CranKy Ducklings SOOP21
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 11735
Britney 7292
FanTaSy 2054
Hyuk 880
Horang2 595
BeSt 458
Stork 257
Pusan 254
EffOrt 132
Killer 130
[ Show more ]
Zeus 123
Last 121
Mind 109
sorry 69
Hyun 61
Mini 58
PianO 53
ggaemo 52
Snow 47
ToSsGirL 35
Bale 32
Hm[arnc] 27
JYJ 25
Aegong 17
Sea.KH 14
zelot 13
Sacsri 10
Noble 5
ajuk12(nOOB) 4
Dota 2
XcaliburYe372
Counter-Strike
fl0m1582
byalli804
x6flipin255
Other Games
gofns27509
singsing2884
B2W.Neo472
ArmadaUGS84
Mew2King68
Livibee12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick704
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream81
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
44m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 351
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 44m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 44m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 44m
Replay Cast
11h 44m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 44m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 44m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.