• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:30
CEST 00:30
KST 07:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9178 users

[G] TvP 10 second faster FD rush - Page 3

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
skyglow1
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
New Zealand3962 Posts
December 26 2008 07:06 GMT
#41
On December 26 2008 15:09 Dr.Dragoon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 26 2008 15:03 JMave wrote:
Ya I think the 10 seconds is a really big deal. I mean if you have good micro, you can probably over-run the protoss. I don't think this build is meant to kill the protoss but its probably to smack his playing rhythm out of order.. like having to cancel his natural expansion.. WHICH IS HUGE BY THE WAY.

PS: What's IIRC and IMHO?

if i recall correctly/in my honest opinion

We know the build isn't necessarily to kill, but it's still a big gamble compared to a normal, safe FD. You pretty much just pray the enemy is greedy..I'd rather just do some 2fac all-in.

Edit: Damn you skyglow!!!! Is it humble? I thought it was honest. Owell


Dunno i've heard both lol.
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
December 26 2008 07:21 GMT
#42
Thanks for the translation!
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
Agavond
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
448 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-26 08:44:49
December 26 2008 08:40 GMT
#43
Thanks for the translation!

But I think this BO is pointless because you can execute the same concept using a regular build with more marines. You can even cut back 1 scv and create another marine while sending additional 2 scvs for destroying the natural. All while having vulture for reinforcement. The emphasis is to create additional marines while your build cuts back economy earlier.

Edit: Maybe I need to see a replay of this. I doubt it would be anything more spectacular than your original pump additional marines. Just don't see how cutting back your economy so early for a build order that might happen or not.
O.oSins Since Op Cal
Phrogs!
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Japan521 Posts
December 26 2008 09:51 GMT
#44
On December 26 2008 17:40 Sins wrote:
Thanks for the translation!

But I think this BO is pointless because you can execute the same concept using a regular build with more marines. You can even cut back 1 scv and create another marine while sending additional 2 scvs for destroying the natural. All while having vulture for reinforcement. The emphasis is to create additional marines while your build cuts back economy earlier.

Edit: Maybe I need to see a replay of this. I doubt it would be anything more spectacular than your original pump additional marines. Just don't see how cutting back your economy so early for a build order that might happen or not.


Go on the PGR21 thread for the replay^^

At the top of the page, "File #1 10초빠른FD.rep (46.7 KB)"
Agavond
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
448 Posts
December 26 2008 10:28 GMT
#45
When I tried watching the replay a prompt said, "this scenario is intended for use Starcraft Expansion set" but I have broodwars. I think the replay hand hangul so I need the korean version? Well, the replay wont be a important since the build order has faults. For instance if the protoss decided to make 2 gates opening the build will be pretty bad since 2 gates rapes most of the time 1 fact. Of course the protoss will need average goon micro which is not tough at all.
O.oSins Since Op Cal
Phrogs!
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Japan521 Posts
December 26 2008 11:06 GMT
#46
On December 26 2008 19:28 Sins wrote:
When I tried watching the replay a prompt said, "this scenario is intended for use Starcraft Expansion set" but I have broodwars.


Simply change the replays name so there's no longer any Korean letters and it works.
Dead
Profile Joined November 2008
71 Posts
December 26 2008 11:54 GMT
#47
That would be great if we could do another thread when with links for all PGR21 translation. We would have easy access for every translated PGR21 thread and that's cool. What do you think about that?
Beware Firebat Rush~!!!
Agavond
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
448 Posts
December 26 2008 12:29 GMT
#48
On December 26 2008 20:06 Phrogs! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 26 2008 19:28 Sins wrote:
When I tried watching the replay a prompt said, "this scenario is intended for use Starcraft Expansion set" but I have broodwars.


Simply change the replays name so there's no longer any Korean letters and it works.


Thanks I did not know that!

Well, I viewed the replay and one word sticks to my mind! OMFG! The Terran doesn't even scout the toss so how will he know where to target his base. If he shoots the goon and it starts to fall back will he assume that's the location of the protoss' base? This is all for 10 secs earlier? The build order is terrible even for a 1v1 map like bluestorm because the time when terran moves out the toss will have 2 goons ready and one coming really really soon. So the protoss can delay him just a little longer and will eventually have 4 goons ready to own 1 tank 4 marines 1 vulture (another vulture coming). This is IF he goes one gate which is a risk on it's own. It's a terrible build order! I would rather have 7 marines 1 tank, 1 vultures and others coming (also I would know where he is).

Are the other koreans agreeing with this build order? are they rating this build order well? because I really can't see the advantageous part in this. Am I wrong or can someone else agree with me on this?
O.oSins Since Op Cal
404.Nintu
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Canada1723 Posts
December 26 2008 13:17 GMT
#49
Thanks for the translation. I found this very interesting and went on to create a commentated FPvod of it, to test it out. I'm uploading it now and will post a link here and in my blog. =D

The 10 seconds helps immensely. Thought it's true you'll hit 3 goons either way, the 10 seconds sooner means that their 4th goon arrives that much later. That's a big deal!
"So, then did the American yum-yum clown monkey also represent the FCC?"
Agavond
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
448 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-26 16:47:19
December 26 2008 16:35 GMT
#50
I just watched your VOD Nintu and I still think it sucks hard. Also the little time you had there against the toss wasn't enough to destroy a Nexus. Also if the toss hadn't killed his goons he would be at a higher advantage. In addition why was the protoss taking soo long to counter? The toss did go 1 gate, so why not make 1 reaver or DTs at the appropriate time. It just seems that if protoss have decided to attack your tank when the vulture was out of range it would have been more devastating. Or why not just attack the Vulture and wipe the floor with the goons.

I honestly think it's a poor option from the other many better ones. You're a very good player I can tell by your action however there's so much flaw in the build order. I've seen the video and hopefully others will agree with me that it's too risky.

Edit: Also Nintu can you please PM me the replay or post the replay on your next posting, I would like to further review what the protoss was doing during the time he was stopping your harass. Thanks for sharing your video.
O.oSins Since Op Cal
SuperJongMan
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Jamaica11586 Posts
December 26 2008 18:28 GMT
#51
Well, Hwasin uses this build a lot.
Tell him he sucks. I think it's justifiable.
His TvP has been lewl-able lately.
POWER OVERWHELMING ! ! ! KRUU~ KRUU~
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
December 26 2008 18:58 GMT
#52
i guess ill have to give it some more tries, seems like its abit risky though since if he does 1gate exp u can punnish him pretty good 10 seconds later.
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
404.Nintu
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Canada1723 Posts
December 27 2008 01:25 GMT
#53
On December 27 2008 03:58 AnOth3rDAy wrote:
i guess ill have to give it some more tries, seems like its abit risky though since if he does 1gate exp u can punnish him pretty good 10 seconds later.

Well what you said was true earlier on. It's a bit of a leap of faith in that you can't scout too early, and you just assume the toss will be greedy. Your FD can do quite a bit though if they tech, or do an eco opening.

I don't think this build is AMAZING, I just like the concept and enjoy doing it. It absolutely destroys nexus before gate aswell.
"So, then did the American yum-yum clown monkey also represent the FCC?"
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
December 27 2008 07:52 GMT
#54
On December 26 2008 11:48 Zoler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 26 2008 11:41 ramen247 wrote:
On December 26 2008 11:22 Zoler wrote:
Please please please translate a good TvT guide next!

Someone..


NO. TVZ priority!


TvZ is so ez, no depth. TvT is a way harder MU, I think most terrans agree with this.

YES AGREED. I would say TvT is not only the hardest mirror MU (after having both zerg and toss as my main in the past) but the hardest MU out of all of them.
I would love a well written TvT guide soooo much. Please someone out there!
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
zimp
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Hungary959 Posts
January 04 2009 14:22 GMT
#55
im sure he only picked this to easily stop eventual 2gate rushes.
agentzimp
TL+ Member
Pheel0
Profile Joined January 2009
Poland29 Posts
January 17 2009 17:29 GMT
#56
What is an FD rush anyway ?? (yeah I kno, I'ma noob, oh well)
Archaic
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States4024 Posts
January 17 2009 17:35 GMT
#57
On January 18 2009 02:29 Pheel0 wrote:
What is an FD rush anyway ?? (yeah I kno, I'ma noob, oh well)

I'm not a terran player, but if I recall correctly:
You push out with similar unit as a double factory push, but instead of having two factories, and rushing, you have one, and you just expand.
You usually push out with a tank, 4-5 marines, and maybe a vulture or two. Comes out around the time when P has 4-5 goons, but with 10 second faster tank, then P may only have 3-4, which is a big advantage.
Pheel0
Profile Joined January 2009
Poland29 Posts
January 17 2009 17:43 GMT
#58
On January 18 2009 02:35 Archaic wrote:
I'm not a terran player, but if I recall correctly:
You push out with similar unit as a double factory push, but instead of having two factories, and rushing, you have one, and you just expand.
You usually push out with a tank, 4-5 marines, and maybe a vulture or two. Comes out around the time when P has 4-5 goons, but with 10 second faster tank, then P may only have 3-4, which is a big advantage.


K, thx. Now I know how is the move T usually destroys' me with called lol.
Hypnosis
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States2061 Posts
January 17 2009 17:48 GMT
#59
I have tried this build about 10 times. generally it will even out the economies but good players can push back FD anyway. Its better to just normal FD and get an academy and 8 rines.. It works with really close positions when they send their goon sout but either way it gets to their base when they have the same number of goons from a normal FD so it useless..
Science without religion is lame, Religion without science is blind
4Servy
Profile Joined August 2008
Netherlands1542 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-17 18:44:11
January 17 2009 18:41 GMT
#60
I think luckdouble is a shity build on iccup with all the DT trash and chees builds going arround. However I think this build is even more trash especialy on 1n1 maps wich are prety large in rush distance and on any 4p map when you dont spawn close. You delay your CC and eco even more than with a standard FD and you wont deal any damage whatsoever against a 1gate nexus protoss who can decently micro his goons or just went 2 gate powergoon.
Its only better vs a 1 gate DT rush cause you can plant your mines further away but against 2 gate powergoons its trash imo. Against 1 gate/robo its shit to cause the protoss can actualy kill you, cause your economy is delayed so much siege expand and the 2th fact comes later.

Just my 2 cents, it just isnt my build order, siege expand FTW.
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O156
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason105
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1054
ZZZero.O 156
Bale 20
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm115
League of Legends
Doublelift5042
JimRising 641
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5847
Other Games
summit1g8761
FrodaN3188
KnowMe221
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1207
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie991
• Shiphtur181
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
30m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 30m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
12h 30m
Monday Night Weeklies
17h 30m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 12h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.