• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:01
CEST 21:01
KST 04:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7850 users

Testie's Best Race

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
WhiteKnight.US
Profile Joined May 2014
Great Britain102 Posts
January 30 2017 04:30 GMT
#1
I remember back in 2005 and 2006 that gosugamers.net's news used to have interviews and articles about Testie. I remember him being my hero. I thought how cool it was that he could play random and still be one of the best players. Testie and Mondragon were close friends and Testie's skill was so high he was as good as like another Mondragon.

Anyone remember what Testie's best race of Zerg Terran Protoss was? I think Testie was a racepicker that played ZvP TvZ and PvT in important matches. He tried to play the matchups where one race is a little advantaged over the other.

I put this in the strategy forum because I figured we'd talk about how he played strategically.



SCC-Faust
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3736 Posts
January 30 2017 04:58 GMT
#2
His best race was Protoss by far and he claimed as such. Also I think he felt all his races were good tho.

He almost beat Bisu in a Blizzard invitational when they had foreigners vs Koreans. He forgot goon range.
I want to fuck Soulkey with a Zelderan.
Th1rdEye
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States1074 Posts
January 30 2017 06:42 GMT
#3
Where has our Testie gone?

The player, not yo balls!



Seriously tho? Anyone know?
from the days of: TheMarine [NC]...YellOw [H.O.T.]-Forever99 OgOgO [_MuMyung_] ChRh PlayGrrrr.... SlayerS_`BoxeR` [Oops]Reach [ReD]NaDa [DF]zergboy..!! Pusan[S.G] Nal_rA GARIMTO SSamJJang ChoJJa JinSu Silent_Control iloveoov H_PauL_WII JulyZerg [DaK]JoYo
[sc1f]eonzerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Belgium7090 Posts
January 30 2017 09:10 GMT
#4
but do u know we has a hacker right ?
kogeT
Profile Joined September 2013
Poland2042 Posts
January 30 2017 11:30 GMT
#5
I recently watched some game of Avernum (when he was in ToT) vs Testie TvP and I nearly got cancer from watching it. xD It's funny how these top performers of these days looked like current C- players.
https://www.twitch.tv/kogetbw
noname_
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
469 Posts
January 30 2017 11:38 GMT
#6
On January 30 2017 18:10 [sc1f]eonzerg wrote:
but do u know we has a hacker right ?

I lost counting how many "good" foreign players used cheats long ago.
HaFnium
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United Kingdom1078 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-30 14:18:19
January 30 2017 13:27 GMT
#7
It's hard to pick a best race. you can pick a best MU however.
I think traditionally for foreigners PVT is the matchup where they are most comfortable therefore I would say PVT...


edit; but then I think I started following BW after his prime so dunno..
BW forever!
SCC-Faust
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3736 Posts
January 30 2017 13:52 GMT
#8
And if we're gonna talk about foreigner PvT I'd like to mention G5 and Nony.

Even though they came a bit after Testie, I think G5 may have had the best foreigner PvT at one point. And Nony was so good at one point he was complimented when he was in Korea as "the best foreigner they have seen (in recent times)". Unfortunately they added some comment afterwards that he still had a lot of flaws to fix. I'm really freebasing from memory here from years and years ago so the exact words may have been quite different but I'm positive it was something to that effect. It may have even been his team coach in Korea who said that.

But I agree PvT may have been the best foreigner match-up. And yeah, by the time I actually got into brood war and the pro scene (foreign and korean) I never saw Testie play much random. He mostly race picked P against important/strong opponents. If anyone wants to correct me on these details feel free cause it has been almost 10 years ago since this stuff and I'm not basing this off anything but the squiggly entrails in my head. But don't correct me on G5 having the best PvT at one point cause I don't need to be corrected on that.
I want to fuck Soulkey with a Zelderan.
nanaoei
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
3358 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-30 14:00:18
January 30 2017 13:58 GMT
#9
he's playing dota 2 and streaming it. if you didn't know, he was big on HoN (and streaming it) as well as many other gamers in and around that time.

his style in HoN? farm. lol...
style in SC1? no idea, never played him.

why don't you go ahead and ask him via pm? he still posts on TL.net
*@boesthius' FF7 nostalgia stream bomb* "we should work on a 'Final Progamer' fangame»whitera can be a protagonist---lastlie: "we save world and then defense it"
Rigodon666
Profile Joined November 2006
Canada183 Posts
January 30 2017 16:11 GMT
#10
On January 30 2017 22:52 SCC-Faust wrote:
And if we're gonna talk about foreigner PvT I'd like to mention G5 and Nony.

Even though they came a bit after Testie, I think G5 may have had the best foreigner PvT at one point. And Nony was so good at one point he was complimented when he was in Korea as "the best foreigner they have seen (in recent times)". Unfortunately they added some comment afterwards that he still had a lot of flaws to fix. I'm really freebasing from memory here from years and years ago so the exact words may have been quite different but I'm positive it was something to that effect. It may have even been his team coach in Korea who said that.

But I agree PvT may have been the best foreigner match-up. And yeah, by the time I actually got into brood war and the pro scene (foreign and korean) I never saw Testie play much random. He mostly race picked P against important/strong opponents. If anyone wants to correct me on these details feel free cause it has been almost 10 years ago since this stuff and I'm not basing this off anything but the squiggly entrails in my head. But don't correct me on G5 having the best PvT at one point cause I don't need to be corrected on that.


True that, always loved and followed G5 for some reason.
I'll call the guy who will call Nada
MuNi
Profile Joined July 2009
United States72 Posts
January 30 2017 19:06 GMT
#11
Yeah man. Nony almost won the courage tournament back in the day. I think he got second place which is inssaaaaannnnee.
MANTOSS
ninazerg
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States7291 Posts
January 30 2017 19:17 GMT
#12
On January 30 2017 15:42 Th1rdEye wrote:
Where has our Testie gone?

The player, not yo balls!



Seriously tho? Anyone know?


He's busy making (North) America great again.
"If two pregnant women get into a fist fight, it's like a mecha-battle between two unborn babies." - Fyodor Dostoevsky
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51695 Posts
January 30 2017 23:00 GMT
#13
when testie got invited to join CJ, i'm pretty sure he was going to dedicate himself to playing toss.
Commentator
Piste
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
6183 Posts
January 30 2017 23:51 GMT
#14
On January 31 2017 04:06 MuNi wrote:
Yeah man. Nony almost won the courage tournament back in the day. I think he got second place which is inssaaaaannnnee.

Draco was pretty good too, i remember watching his practise replay pack from his progaming days.
WhiteKnight.US
Profile Joined May 2014
Great Britain102 Posts
February 01 2017 02:48 GMT
#15
@Koget:
I recently watched some game of Avernum (when he was in ToT) vs Testie TvP and I nearly got cancer from watching it. xD It's funny how these top performers of these days looked like current C- players.

I had trouble understanding if you meant the 2017 players look C- nowadays or if the 2006 players looked C- in the replays?
Psyonic_Reaver
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4343 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-02-01 17:40:17
February 01 2017 17:39 GMT
#16
I'd like to second the sentiment on how good G5 was at PvT.

His bulldog was so strong that he even beat Sea[Shield] once during some friendly matches during... 2008/2009 I want to say. Sea was throwing all the EG guys around easily but first game G5 just ended the game in less than 7 mintues with his bulldog.

Sea demanded a Bo3 and didn't drop another game but they were VERY epic. I was going to commentate them and put them on youtube but Sea said he was doing this as a courtesy and to not release the replays as it would hurt his image/trust in wanting to play with the EG guys more. Nony and Idra also played some good games against him too but I'll always remember that G5 bulldog game.

Good times.

In fact. This video I made back in May of 2009 when I introduce G5 is a small nod toward that game he played.


G5 would play amazing online games but I think he would get a little nervous at LANs.
One time he beat Machine PvZ on... Python I think laying down in a hammock playing 1 handed (so he claimed but G5 was never the type to boast or brag or lie). Machine got SO angry he logged off for a few hours.
So wait? I'm bad? =(
Demurity
Profile Joined April 2011
United States424 Posts
February 01 2017 19:00 GMT
#17
On February 01 2017 11:48 WhiteKnight.US wrote:
@Koget:
Show nested quote +
I recently watched some game of Avernum (when he was in ToT) vs Testie TvP and I nearly got cancer from watching it. xD It's funny how these top performers of these days looked like current C- players.

I had trouble understanding if you meant the 2017 players look C- nowadays or if the 2006 players looked C- in the replays?


He meant the 2006 players look like current C- players
|Terran|
outscar
Profile Joined September 2014
2832 Posts
February 10 2017 23:39 GMT
#18
Testie streaming BroodWar!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/120794581

Couple games vs. Tasteless, TT1 etc on iCCup. Judging that he's tuning in for first time since ten years he knows what to do and plays overall good, he managed to take down some games. He's playing Dota/LoL nowadays. Let's tune for his next stream and shoutout on his chat that we want him play BW again.
sunbeams are never made like me...
NewbOnTheFloor
Profile Joined November 2013
Poland160 Posts
February 11 2017 19:07 GMT
#19
I wonder why is he playing Polish version of SC
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-02-12 03:43:22
February 12 2017 03:42 GMT
#20
pvt is the easiast mu no wonder it was best for alot of foriegnners. it was my best and i didnt even play protoss really. as in easiest to master not the easiest matchup
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
BRAT_OK 58
JuggernautJason52
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24064
Mini 407
Hyuk 157
firebathero 127
ggaemo 120
Dewaltoss 101
Hyun 39
ToSsGirL 23
ZZZero.O 13
Dota 2
Gorgc7488
febbydoto14
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3577
Khaldor1381
crisheroes1210
Liquid`Hasu794
Other Games
FrodaN2732
fl0m916
Beastyqt798
mouzStarbuck245
KnowMe190
ArmadaUGS124
Mew2King58
Trikslyr44
Chillindude29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1068
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream44
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 90
• StrangeGG 47
• Adnapsc2 22
• LUISG 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 36
• 80smullet 22
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8731
• WagamamaTV461
Other Games
• imaqtpie827
• Shiphtur289
• tFFMrPink 18
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 59m
INu's Battles
16h 59m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
19h 59m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 59m
Replay Cast
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 20h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.