Nostalgic music in my head... Back in the days, when I was playing StarCraft actively, we used to have plenty of team leagues, and 2v2 always was a part of every Clan War and Nation War which were organized. Today, with the effort of amazing people from ShieldBattery crew - we have working 2v2 matchmaking system on ShieldBattery. Yes, this matchmaking system which Blizzard has been trying to implement for 5 years already.
ShieldBattery is an application created by people who really love StarCraft and understand how we operate and what we need as a community. Their goal is to create a platform which will carry the technical needs of best players like lower latency, as well as enable easy social interactions with friends. They are doing it for the true passion for the game and I will always respect and help people like that.
That's why I would like to invite you for the First Season of BSL 2v2 ProLeague on ShieldBattery. Our goal is to make this event a regular thing with many seasons to come. I know that many 1v1 players really like 2v2, but I also know that there are many 2v2-only users. I hope we will reach them and they will bring refreshing new blood to our scene!
HOW CAN I SIGN UP ?
- Download ShieldBattery
- Create a new account using the BSL- tag e.g.: BSL-TT1, BSL-HaN, BSL-2Pacalypse, ..
- Head over to: https://bombasticstarleague.com
Register on the site and add your in-game account to the rankings
- Join BSL Discord https://discord.gg/ST6ktnD
- Launch ShieldBattery and start laddering!
The Ladder Stage starts on June 26 and closes on July 17 at 23:59 UTC
- To register on BSL Website and appear in the rankings you must play at least five 2v2 games on ShieldBattery server using the “BSL-” tag with your main name, for example BSL-Bonyth. (No smurfs)
- During the ladder stage you can play with the same partner or randoms, or both.
- Double Zerg and double Random races are allowed.
- The goal of the Bombastic StarLeague is to focus on the development of players outside of Korea. Therefore, only players that are living outside of South Korea can participate in this tournament.
- During the ladder stage you can check the 2v2 Ladder Rankings on our BSL Website
- Players can stream their ladder games, we encourage you to stream them on Trovo, as they are our partner for this season.
- At the end of the ladder stage Rank 1 player gets to pick any player in the Top 100 in 2v2 Ladder Rankings assuming they both agree, and then Rank 2 player, etc until 16 teams are formed.
- At this point every player needs to confirm their participation in the BSL discord.
- 16 teams qualify to the final stage
- Double elimination bracket stage
- Send all your replays whether you won or lost to BSL admins, the reason is that we will cast from replays randomly using winners or losers to not spoil the results with the in-game chat.
- Players are not allowed to stream their tournament games.
At the end of May, Trovo closed their support programs for tournament organizers. However, they were satisfied with BSL results and they want to keep some movement on BSL Trovo Channel until they will bring their support programs back. That's why after negotiations they agreed to support the BSL 2v2 ProLeague prizepool.
$1000 prizepool will be distributed as follows
- TOP1 Team -> $400
- TOP2 team -> $250
- TOP3 team -> $150
- TOP4 team -> $100
- 100$ for showmatch / ladder tour
- 1st map for each round: TBA
- Loser picks, no repeats
This event will be streamed exclusively on
We are looking for Sponsors and Partners to organize:
- BSL Season 16: 2022 World Championship
- BSL Races Championship Season 2
- BSL Legends Showmatches
BSL is alive only thanks to the support from the community! If you like what we are doing, feel free to join the Patreon or Donate