last week while watching ASL I stumbled across the ScForAll Spirit Tournament article in the Brood War liquipedia. I generally like the idea to give foreigners an opportunity to play in Korean offline events. In fact, it would be so cool to see a foreigner playing in ASL.
I wonder if it would be worthwhile for ASL to have a qualifier for foreigners next to their qualifiers in Seoul, Busan and so on.
In the current situation, it must be extremely difficult for a foreigner to play in ASL. I think the main reasons are:
1. Expenses for flight, accommodation, living in Korea, Visa
2. The lack of a social network upon arrival
3. No access to the best practice partners in the world
4. The language barrier
5. Facing the worlds best Brood War players
6. Restrictions due to Corona Virus
Would it be possible for ASL to finance a single spot (like a scholarship) for a foreigner? Would it be worthwhile for ASL? What do you think?