• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:56
CEST 14:56
KST 21:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7769 users

BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ - Page 23

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 212 Next
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10396 Posts
March 10 2021 17:36 GMT
#441
On March 11 2021 01:05 towncrier wrote:
Hi, I love BGH. But if it's meant to be competitive, is there any chance you can use a balanced version of the map where terran can't drop tanks behind the minerals?

So far in my games, I've had winners leave to ensure they get easy games and tanks dropped behind me. These leavers should be banned, and there's absolutely no point in having any competitive ladder when terran can do this. Every time, I even have drop ships myself, and there's no space at all to drop a zealot to save myself.

I'll stay clear of a ranking system and just play casually until these changes.

This has been discussed ad nauseam in the thread and the author has said those changes won't be made.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
MeSaber
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1235 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-03-10 18:13:47
March 10 2021 18:10 GMT
#442
The tank drop behind minerals isnt hard to defend against really. Yes you need to be aware of it sure but after that its not even a thing anymore.

Plenty more imbalances of the BGH map this is just one of em. If you fix one you should fix all and thats pretty impossible when you think of how the map is built. Then you would end up with a fastest map and that noone would like xD.

Edit: The imbalances is what makes the map worth playing IMO.
-.-
MeSaber
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1235 Posts
March 10 2021 18:20 GMT
#443
I havent read all these comments but any test of 4v4?

Run a 4v4 for a month and see if there are players for it (which there is imo). It seems silly leaving 2 spots open for expands for no reason.

And as plenty of people have said quite a lot i imagine. Put TR16 as "normal" and let us control lag via latency changer. The game is unplayable on TR8 anyhow which Dynamic mostly leads to. Then its better to leave and try a new game and hope the laggers dont join again.
-.-
towncrier
Profile Joined March 2021
7 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-03-10 19:29:07
March 10 2021 19:24 GMT
#444
On March 11 2021 02:36 Jealous wrote:
This has been discussed ad nauseam in the thread and the author has said those changes won't be made.


Must be a terran player I guess! Aren't they already the best race on this map once we get past the early game where zealots dominate? Bit silly to give the best race an auto-win move that can't be countered. Could we at least make the platforms big enough so we can drop up there too? Then there would be counter play. I guess I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Defending it is literally impossible if someone really wants to get up there, think about drops on fastest maps - the only real counter is having a group of valks or corsairs patrolling. Unless you quit trying to win and just focus on defending that platform, taking your units away from the end of your choke so you can't help allied attacks etc.

Only way I can think of actually defending it is putting a couple of zealots up there so they can't drop in the first place, which would put me incredibly far behind doing that every game a terran is in the house.

And the people who win leaving to just get easy comp stomp style games??? Not going to be banned?

Ah well! Great idea, well excuted, but not very well thought out.
Rosettenzerrung
Profile Joined February 2021
21 Posts
March 10 2021 19:56 GMT
#445
Last game does not appear in my statistics: 10.03.2021 18:09
Is there a way to add the result?
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10396 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-03-10 20:38:37
March 10 2021 20:36 GMT
#446
On March 11 2021 04:24 towncrier wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2021 02:36 Jealous wrote:
This has been discussed ad nauseam in the thread and the author has said those changes won't be made.


Must be a terran player I guess! Aren't they already the best race on this map once we get past the early game where zealots dominate? Bit silly to give the best race an auto-win move that can't be countered. Could we at least make the platforms big enough so we can drop up there too? Then there would be counter play. I guess I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Defending it is literally impossible if someone really wants to get up there, think about drops on fastest maps - the only real counter is having a group of valks or corsairs patrolling. Unless you quit trying to win and just focus on defending that platform, taking your units away from the end of your choke so you can't help allied attacks etc.

Only way I can think of actually defending it is putting a couple of zealots up there so they can't drop in the first place, which would put me incredibly far behind doing that every game a terran is in the house.

And the people who win leaving to just get easy comp stomp style games??? Not going to be banned?

Ah well! Great idea, well excuted, but not very well thought out.

1. Is your argument really that it is impossible to stop Tank drops? Are you daft?

2. When a different version of BGH was used, everyone complained. The vast majority of pub games are on regular unedited BGH. It is clearly the most popular version. You and whiners like you are in the minority.

3. As explained by the poster above, the map is intrinsically imbalanced to begin with in many other ways. People still enjoy playing it. Stop crying! Although I guess it is to be expected given your username.

4. I strongly suspect that it would be more productive for your winrate and game quality if you were to get better at the game and stop complaining on forums about a free service and the decisions that went into it that you didn't bother to read about in this thread before spewing your asinine complaints. Noobs always cry about some fundamental aspect of the game when the answer is almost always git gud. There is a reason Terran isn't picked by everyone who plays and Terran doesn't have a disproportionately high winrate.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
towncrier
Profile Joined March 2021
7 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-03-10 22:03:50
March 10 2021 22:01 GMT
#447
On March 11 2021 05:36 Jealous wrote:
Stop crying! Although I guess it is to be expected given your username.


You got it, I have one job I just knew what I was making acc for that's all.

Yeah, i'll keep playing it where there's no rank involved, where terrans don't prioritise tanks on the high ground because they're generally looking for a good fun game there.

I dunno man, I go cripple a terran then they just stick a couple of tanks up there while we both have low units... He gets to rebuild, I just die with no counter play. Whole thing is pretty lame, and you know every terrans got this on their #1 to do list since there's some ladder points to gain.

Edit: perhaps it's a little bit like when Brood War first came out, and I stuck to the normal game because I thought invisible units were pretty lame. I do quite possibly just need some minor adjustments.

Still bullshit though, shouldn't be a thing !
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10396 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-03-10 23:21:57
March 10 2021 23:19 GMT
#448
On March 11 2021 07:01 towncrier wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2021 05:36 Jealous wrote:
Stop crying! Although I guess it is to be expected given your username.


You got it, I have one job I just knew what I was making acc for that's all.

Yeah, i'll keep playing it where there's no rank involved, where terrans don't prioritise tanks on the high ground because they're generally looking for a good fun game there.

I dunno man, I go cripple a terran then they just stick a couple of tanks up there while we both have low units... He gets to rebuild, I just die with no counter play. Whole thing is pretty lame, and you know every terrans got this on their #1 to do list since there's some ladder points to gain.

Edit: perhaps it's a little bit like when Brood War first came out, and I stuck to the normal game because I thought invisible units were pretty lame. I do quite possibly just need some minor adjustments.

Still bullshit though, shouldn't be a thing !

I appreciate your self-awareness so I will address it a bit more productively myself.

1. The easy answer to Tank drops is recognizing that they may be in play. There are a number of ways to prevent them once you are aware of the possibility, so I won't go over all of them, but static defense in the mineral line (which is good against other things too, like Mutalisks or Vultures or DTs, depending on race) is an option, so is running workers to an ally, having an ally go air (Mutas can be out in time for Tank drop or relatively close to it), running workers away, mineral hopping workers, etc. It should be noted that none of these responses need to exist in a vacuum.

2. Going Fac Port is a big investment that sacrifices two potentially valuable options from Terran: bio and Vultures with mines. It's not out of some sense of generosity that Terrans don't go for drops, that is a horribly naive take. It's because other approaches are more consistently favorable. Bio and Vultures+mines are both more productive when not beating up on people who don't know how to handle drops, and that is why they are the most common build options on BGH. Mines control map space with the sacrifice of a slower roll out, M&M are very versatile with the weakness being that they don't scale well against teams who have more than one P and/or T without a rush IMO. This is why people who open bio usually transition into mech if there aren't 2 Zergs or if P/T isn't heavily hurt/eliminated.

TLDR: Siege drop isn't even the best thing that Terran has in its arsenal on BGH, has a higher level of risk vs. reward, and relies on the recipient being underprepared for it and not having scouted it. I can count the amount of times I straight up lost to Tank drop on BGH on one hand over the past 10 years, over hundreds of games played.

EDIT: Just to clarify, the reason why you would know it could be Tank drop is scouting and/or the absence of either of the two more prevalent options. If you know a Terran is sitting, has no bio or vults, AND hasn't been pressured at the front but is not moving out - gee, I wonder what he is potentially doing? *tap finger to head meme*
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
towncrier
Profile Joined March 2021
7 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-03-11 01:10:12
March 11 2021 01:09 GMT
#449
On March 11 2021 08:19 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2021 07:01 towncrier wrote:
On March 11 2021 05:36 Jealous wrote:
Stop crying! Although I guess it is to be expected given your username.


You got it, I have one job I just knew what I was making acc for that's all.

Yeah, i'll keep playing it where there's no rank involved, where terrans don't prioritise tanks on the high ground because they're generally looking for a good fun game there.

I dunno man, I go cripple a terran then they just stick a couple of tanks up there while we both have low units... He gets to rebuild, I just die with no counter play. Whole thing is pretty lame, and you know every terrans got this on their #1 to do list since there's some ladder points to gain.

Edit: perhaps it's a little bit like when Brood War first came out, and I stuck to the normal game because I thought invisible units were pretty lame. I do quite possibly just need some minor adjustments.

Still bullshit though, shouldn't be a thing !

I appreciate your self-awareness so I will address it a bit more productively myself.

1. The easy answer to Tank drops is recognizing that they may be in play. There are a number of ways to prevent them once you are aware of the possibility, so I won't go over all of them, but static defense in the mineral line (which is good against other things too, like Mutalisks or Vultures or DTs, depending on race) is an option, so is running workers to an ally, having an ally go air (Mutas can be out in time for Tank drop or relatively close to it), running workers away, mineral hopping workers, etc. It should be noted that none of these responses need to exist in a vacuum.

2. Going Fac Port is a big investment that sacrifices two potentially valuable options from Terran: bio and Vultures with mines. It's not out of some sense of generosity that Terrans don't go for drops, that is a horribly naive take. It's because other approaches are more consistently favorable. Bio and Vultures+mines are both more productive when not beating up on people who don't know how to handle drops, and that is why they are the most common build options on BGH. Mines control map space with the sacrifice of a slower roll out, M&M are very versatile with the weakness being that they don't scale well against teams who have more than one P and/or T without a rush IMO. This is why people who open bio usually transition into mech if there aren't 2 Zergs or if P/T isn't heavily hurt/eliminated.

TLDR: Siege drop isn't even the best thing that Terran has in its arsenal on BGH, has a higher level of risk vs. reward, and relies on the recipient being underprepared for it and not having scouted it. I can count the amount of times I straight up lost to Tank drop on BGH on one hand over the past 10 years, over hundreds of games played.

EDIT: Just to clarify, the reason why you would know it could be Tank drop is scouting and/or the absence of either of the two more prevalent options. If you know a Terran is sitting, has no bio or vults, AND hasn't been pressured at the front but is not moving out - gee, I wonder what he is potentially doing? *tap finger to head meme*


Thanks! I might get some coaching to point me in the right direction towards knowing what I'm doing. It's all instinct and build orders here. I don't even use control groups or camera hotkeys, I'm not bad at all as bgh is concerned though, must have 10,000 bgh games under my belt.

Sincerely,
Brainless protoss player
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10396 Posts
March 11 2021 01:46 GMT
#450
On March 11 2021 10:09 towncrier wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2021 08:19 Jealous wrote:
On March 11 2021 07:01 towncrier wrote:
On March 11 2021 05:36 Jealous wrote:
Stop crying! Although I guess it is to be expected given your username.


You got it, I have one job I just knew what I was making acc for that's all.

Yeah, i'll keep playing it where there's no rank involved, where terrans don't prioritise tanks on the high ground because they're generally looking for a good fun game there.

I dunno man, I go cripple a terran then they just stick a couple of tanks up there while we both have low units... He gets to rebuild, I just die with no counter play. Whole thing is pretty lame, and you know every terrans got this on their #1 to do list since there's some ladder points to gain.

Edit: perhaps it's a little bit like when Brood War first came out, and I stuck to the normal game because I thought invisible units were pretty lame. I do quite possibly just need some minor adjustments.

Still bullshit though, shouldn't be a thing !

I appreciate your self-awareness so I will address it a bit more productively myself.

1. The easy answer to Tank drops is recognizing that they may be in play. There are a number of ways to prevent them once you are aware of the possibility, so I won't go over all of them, but static defense in the mineral line (which is good against other things too, like Mutalisks or Vultures or DTs, depending on race) is an option, so is running workers to an ally, having an ally go air (Mutas can be out in time for Tank drop or relatively close to it), running workers away, mineral hopping workers, etc. It should be noted that none of these responses need to exist in a vacuum.

2. Going Fac Port is a big investment that sacrifices two potentially valuable options from Terran: bio and Vultures with mines. It's not out of some sense of generosity that Terrans don't go for drops, that is a horribly naive take. It's because other approaches are more consistently favorable. Bio and Vultures+mines are both more productive when not beating up on people who don't know how to handle drops, and that is why they are the most common build options on BGH. Mines control map space with the sacrifice of a slower roll out, M&M are very versatile with the weakness being that they don't scale well against teams who have more than one P and/or T without a rush IMO. This is why people who open bio usually transition into mech if there aren't 2 Zergs or if P/T isn't heavily hurt/eliminated.

TLDR: Siege drop isn't even the best thing that Terran has in its arsenal on BGH, has a higher level of risk vs. reward, and relies on the recipient being underprepared for it and not having scouted it. I can count the amount of times I straight up lost to Tank drop on BGH on one hand over the past 10 years, over hundreds of games played.

EDIT: Just to clarify, the reason why you would know it could be Tank drop is scouting and/or the absence of either of the two more prevalent options. If you know a Terran is sitting, has no bio or vults, AND hasn't been pressured at the front but is not moving out - gee, I wonder what he is potentially doing? *tap finger to head meme*


Thanks! I might get some coaching to point me in the right direction towards knowing what I'm doing. It's all instinct and build orders here. I don't even use control groups or camera hotkeys, I'm not bad at all as bgh is concerned though, must have 10,000 bgh games under my belt.

Sincerely,
Brainless protoss player

> no hotkeys
> 10,000 games played

😩

I think we have located part of the problem, sir.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
towncrier
Profile Joined March 2021
7 Posts
March 11 2021 02:03 GMT
#451
I use hotkeys, and I used to use control groups but the fact I can put everyone in 1 group on sc2 kinda ruined that habit...

Camera hotkeys are the one I can't seem to get myself used to.
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10396 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-03-11 02:29:03
March 11 2021 02:26 GMT
#452
On March 11 2021 11:03 towncrier wrote:
I use hotkeys, and I used to use control groups but the fact I can put everyone in 1 group on sc2 kinda ruined that habit...

Camera hotkeys are the one I can't seem to get myself used to.

It takes time and practice, like everything else in the game F2 for your Nexus when someone drops on it is super useful if you have F3 at another base because you can F2 select 12 F3 mineral walk, rinse repeat. F2 gateways F3 rally point will help with re-rally and macro It adds another valuable layer of control to your game play.

EDIT: Also, hotkeying 12+ units is a key skill for Protoss in BGH, so I suspect my earlier statement about improving your own play is even more true
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
towncrier
Profile Joined March 2021
7 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-03-11 02:36:13
March 11 2021 02:32 GMT
#453
No question that I could be a few thousand times better at the game. But I am getting fully owned by people I'm outscaling by 2-3x from the tank drop bullshit.

EDIT: As I said, I usually even have a dropship at the ready... this isn't a tank drop rush that's occuring or anything that would leave them short on other stuff. This is just taking advantage of the fact I can't attack that bit of ground once they are there.
towncrier
Profile Joined March 2021
7 Posts
March 11 2021 03:05 GMT
#454
On March 11 2021 11:26 Jealous wrote:
It takes time and practice, like everything else in the game


Honestly, I put that energy into things that earn me money professionally, I really have no desire to get better at starcraft, I play it to relax and have fun. As long as I play well, any outcome is good for me.

But with no real counter play to the tank drop, and having no intention of getting 10-50x better than the tank dropper just to counter it.

Everything else, when it happens, I can respond... The tank drop? When it happens, you're just dead.
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10396 Posts
Last Edited: 2021-03-11 03:42:50
March 11 2021 03:40 GMT
#455
On March 11 2021 12:05 towncrier wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2021 11:26 Jealous wrote:
It takes time and practice, like everything else in the game


Honestly, I put that energy into things that earn me money professionally, I really have no desire to get better at starcraft, I play it to relax and have fun. As long as I play well, any outcome is good for me.

But with no real counter play to the tank drop, and having no intention of getting 10-50x better than the tank dropper just to counter it.

Everything else, when it happens, I can respond... The tank drop? When it happens, you're just dead.

I already addressed this but you have to be no % better than the Tank dropper to counter it. You're applying what I said about camera lock keys to a prior discussion incorrectly. Just one or two Cannons with a good mineral hop can stall a Tank drop. Just a few Dragoons with a Probe transfer. Etc. You're saying that you applied pressure to the T and they still dropped you, well that sounds like you went for 3GZ with no plan of following up whatsoever. Ofc Terran will have a wall up and tech behind it when you do that, that's a no-brainer. No one is asking you to become a progamer overnight, just recognize that your complaints are wholly based on your lack of investment and subjective mindset in the game and deal with it... Maybe you should try Tank dropping a few times and see how people beat it it? That could be a good exercise for you.

If you keep arguing about how you are casual and thus can't deal with basic strats like this that have been around for 20 years, maybe it is not the fault of the ladder system but you as a player? Just a thought.

On top of that, your argument is basically "I go X, they go Y, but I can't beat Y with X" ok great, how about trying Z or A or ♤ or whatever? Who is forcing you to lock into a strat that loses to Siege drop, or who is telling you to go Valkyries (lol?)... no one. The way you are playing the game is your choice, but don't cry when it doesn't work against raw most primitive of shit-testers.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
MeSaber
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1235 Posts
March 12 2021 09:29 GMT
#456
@towncrier do you have any replays to share of the matter?
-.-
MeSaber
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1235 Posts
March 12 2021 15:04 GMT
#457
Did just play a game on "20 wins" server with player 'zerNoob' which has 2-3 custom stats. Hm?
-.-
Armathai
Profile Joined October 2007
1023 Posts
March 12 2021 17:12 GMT
#458
Hey there, I think that has been advocated before, but it would be nice to see at least some of the bots not host on DTR turn rate as many games are unejoyable due to this.

TR12 low should be possible with any odd combo of connections and still yields a much better play than TR8 which is where DTR tends to end up most of the time.

I'd ask at least TR16, TR14 and TR12 be tested out if possible.

Many thanks!

Looking for ArcticCerebrate formerly from @USEast
D3AD-R3TARD
Profile Joined April 2020
Poland326 Posts
March 12 2021 22:53 GMT
#459
On March 10 2021 23:59 plaetschernderbach wrote:
Dear Sir D3AD-R3TARD I have to say your project is amazing. The games are overall much much more enjoyable then just random 3v3 games with some random teammates! This is a huge improvement!!

I just want to thank you for this effort. I'm sure you put a lot of time in this.

But Sir D3AD-R3TARD, where can I donate? I've searched your website and did not found a donation button/address.
Please give me the opportunity to support you. It is very important for me (and I think for the community too), that your work will last forever and improves even more in the future

Sincerely
a random player who loves to play some balanced random team games after a hard working day


Thanks for kind words.

On March 11 2021 01:05 towncrier wrote:
Hi, I love BGH. But if it's meant to be competitive, is there any chance you can use a balanced version of the map where terran can't drop tanks behind the minerals?

So far in my games, I've had winners leave to ensure they get easy games and tanks dropped behind me. These leavers should be banned, and there's absolutely no point in having any competitive ladder when terran can do this. Every time, I even have drop ships myself, and there's no space at all to drop a zealot to save myself.

I'll stay clear of a ranking system and just play casually until these changes.


I've tried a BGH version where cliff drops were impossible, but players bashed me for changing it. Likewise, I also find this strategy kinda stupid, but people played this map for 20 years, and they don't want any changes.

On March 11 2021 03:20 MeSaber wrote:
I havent read all these comments but any test of 4v4?

Run a 4v4 for a month and see if there are players for it (which there is imo). It seems silly leaving 2 spots open for expands for no reason.

And as plenty of people have said quite a lot i imagine. Put TR16 as "normal" and let us control lag via latency changer. The game is unplayable on TR8 anyhow which Dynamic mostly leads to. Then its better to leave and try a new game and hope the laggers dont join again.


People would play 4v4, but I really don't see a way to balance it. I think it's just too unpredictable.

As for all the turn rate comments. I've tried TR12 and it was laggy. There were more games that ended in the beginning because of lag. DTR should find the best rate possible. I know it not always works like that, but I can't fix errors made by Blizzard.

On March 11 2021 04:56 Rosettenzerrung wrote:
Last game does not appear in my statistics: 10.03.2021 18:09
Is there a way to add the result?


I've tried to figure out what happened with that game and for some reason bot didn't save all the players MMR's before the game, and thus it wasn't counted. I'll think about a way to add this, but I can't guarantee anything. Thanks for the report, that's a new bug I wasn't aware of.

On March 13 2021 00:04 MeSaber wrote:
Did just play a game on "20 wins" server with player 'zerNoob' which has 2-3 custom stats. Hm?


20 wins minimum is for new players. Players that are already ranked like zerNoob can always join those games.

Going back to balance discussion. I've thought about this and the thing I find to be the most problematic in 3v3 BGH is when opposite players are on positions 11 and 12. Very often this element creates the game outcome regardless of what other players do. The reason is that those positions are so close that there is little time to react from other players. If I were to make 1 change to the original map I would make it, so only one player can spawn in 11 and 12 positions. But again that's one of the random element of BGH that old players like, so I guess I won't be changing this either.
https://bghmmr.eu
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10396 Posts
March 13 2021 00:08 GMT
#460
I think it is a fun element of the game, because it forces action very quickly and opens the door to off-beat strats like contains and walling the mutual choke. I consider it a feature, even if it is annoying sometimes when your ally gets contained and can't help you But it has also led to some miraculous holds and comebacks.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 212 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 262
TKL 220
CranKy Ducklings76
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Reynor vs herOLIVE!
RotterdaM1089
IndyStarCraft 182
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1089
Lowko472
TKL 220
IndyStarCraft 182
Rex 98
ProTech21
MindelVK 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 62677
Free 3102
Jaedong 2175
BeSt 722
Horang2 337
Soma 273
firebathero 197
Zeus 192
Last 129
Hyun 119
[ Show more ]
Mind 91
Pusan 78
ToSsGirL 41
Aegong 26
soO 25
Yoon 24
scan(afreeca) 21
Sacsri 12
Noble 10
zelot 10
Icarus 0
Dota 2
Gorgc6449
Dendi764
XaKoH 450
canceldota55
Other Games
gofns35059
singsing2371
B2W.Neo491
byalli344
Pyrionflax308
ToD152
DeMusliM129
QueenE52
Liquid`VortiX4
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV232
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 25
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
• Gemini_19 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1810
• WagamamaTV500
League of Legends
• Jankos3162
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
4h 4m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6h 4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 4m
Patches Events
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
OSC
1d 23h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.