Greetings, Starcraft community!
As a part of our community I see many players grinding hard by playing a lot of ladder, but their skill growths really slow.
As a player I found out that I struggle at improving my skills at this game too. I have good mechanical skills, fast hands etc. But obviously it’s not enough and to be honest I still don’t understand a lot of aspects of this game.
How the hell FlaSh got so far in his game sense? How did he practice on his road? What should newcomers or mid-level players do to reach at least 1% of his level?
The answer is simple. Practice decision making skills.
Watch youtube VODS and repeat all the actions this guy do? No. There are hundreds of decisions made by a player for a ~15 minute game. It’s hard to find them if your skill is lower.
I believe that the key is to be able to analyze replays. Replays is the knowledge of all bo’s you can ever imagine. Unfortunately they all are uselessly drowned in our replay folders.
At the current state of our community we don’t have the single source for replays. Even if you find some it would be 10 years ago updated database or any low player uploaded his fun 2 hour game for unknown reason. That means we don’t have enough information for analysis and improve.
I have always dreamt to have an app when you can store all your replays. To be able to track progress in match-ups, strategies, vs other players. Get insights about build orders in trend. To know what other players do versus specific builds.
I found solution.
Dear fellows! Let me announce SCBW.GG!
- Revival of deep replay analysis
- Resurgence of replay sharing
- Renaissance of the best e-sport strategy game
- Collect 1,000,000 replays
- Build a complex strategy knowledge database
- Guide players to achieve better results
Here’s the features that are publicly available:
- Database of games based on replays
- Both Starcraft: Remastered and 1.16.1 replays support
- Cloud replay storage
- Simple game statistics (including actions from game)
- Simple dashboard based on user’s games
- Simple filter by games
- Game sharing
- Tourney module (only for game sorting purpose)
This is the starting point to publicly test those features and collect some replays.
The next features should be:
- Auto-uploading replays (desktop app to save your time)
- Build order module (inspired by https://lotv.spawningtool.com/ )
- SPON match module (inspired by http://sponbbang.com/ )
- Advanced filter - you will be able to search games with specific build against other
- Twitch relays - statistics on your stream right after a game has finished
How does it work?
- Go to https://scbw.gg/
- If you want to upload replays and track your stats - register an account
- If you want to search some games you don’t need to register
- Each uploaded replay information converting to a game automatically.
- After you uploaded some replays, go to edit nicknames page. You will see all nicknames of players from uploaded replays. Find yours and click add. Current games will be assigned to your user account. Players from future uploaded replays will be automatically assigned to these nicknames.
- If you upload a replay, you are the owner of the game and able to make it either published or private. By default all your games are private.
- Some replays doesn’t have results of the game. To track your stats you will need to define it manually (mostly losses)
- Also there is an Event section where you can find games of specific tourney.
- Each event has many tournaments. Each tournament has many games. For example: BW Jeez Weekly is an event. BW Jeez Weekly #25 is its tournament.
Feel free to contact us on