• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:28
CEST 22:28
KST 05:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)60Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8741 users

The best pro Broodwar match ever played? - Page 4

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
hitthat
Profile Joined January 2010
Poland2349 Posts
July 03 2014 11:06 GMT
#61
Fanta vs Flash, MSL semifinal and SPL final for TvT.
for ZvT - FBH vs Jeadong with hillarious BC humilation.
for ZvZ, i guess its any hive ZvZ
for ZvP Zero vs Bisu with queens XD
for PvP...I dont know.
for TvP there were too many good games to choose the best.

Also, the most hillarious rivalry: Fantasy vs Calm.
Shameless BroodWar separatistic, elitist, fanaticaly devoted puritan fanboy.
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
July 03 2014 11:32 GMT
#62
Pvp you don't know ? Bisu vs Pokjju
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
DinoToss
Profile Joined August 2013
Poland507 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-03 12:08:01
July 03 2014 12:07 GMT
#63
Stork vs Jaedong on Match Point
Flash vs Jaedong on Tau Cross Iris vs GGplay on Python game 5 best TvZ ever.
My wrist really started to flare up. My colossi number started to pile up and with the last of my concentration I prepared for a win.
hitthat
Profile Joined January 2010
Poland2349 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-03 12:17:37
July 03 2014 12:16 GMT
#64
On July 03 2014 09:08 ghrur wrote:
Has nobody linked Iris vs GGPlay yet? The whole series was amazing, and game 5 was my favorite game, like, ever. I love GGPlay <3.



Great swarms from GGPlay and exellent marine micro from Iris, yet this game is painfull reminder that Terrans didnt know how to play late TvZ back in 2007.
Shameless BroodWar separatistic, elitist, fanaticaly devoted puritan fanboy.
don_kyuhote
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
3007 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-03 12:18:04
July 03 2014 12:16 GMT
#65
On July 02 2014 21:57 Kare wrote:
July vs BeSt 3 set @ Andromeda


On July 02 2014 22:40 GolemMadness wrote:
I got into pro BW from Boxer highlight videos, but I think the first game that I remember thinking was truly great was July vs Best OSL finals 2 set.


I've always known pro BW existed in Korea since the early 2000s, but I played BW only for playing fastest maps.(backstabbing allies were pretty fun ) Once youtube started coming around, I came across some pro vods here and there, but I didn't really follow it enough to know who the strong player is or anything about the structure of Korean BW scene with regards to how many tournaments there were, how many teams there were, etc. I just watched to see a game of starcraft.

I would just go to youtube, go to wifebeat222 and jon747's channel, and randomly click any vid and enjoy the game.
That all changed with July vs Best OSL final.

I always got excited whenever Zerg 4 or 5 pool'ed, so game 1 hooked me, but game 2...oh man... drone drilling, something I've never seen (didn't even know it was possible), into destroying the starting nexus? I was like "THIS ZERG... what a player!". And then game 3. Seeing 20~25 ultras into a dominating victory won me over.

I did some research into pro Korean BW, found out about who July was, who Best is, and how Best was supposed to manhandle July, the hype behind the final, found the triple commentary of the final by Klazart, Moletrap, and Cholera, and most importantly, Teamliquid and desire to play 1v1 BW.
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
upro)wraith
Profile Joined May 2014
Israel64 Posts
July 03 2014 17:00 GMT
#66
On July 03 2014 21:16 hitthat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2014 09:08 ghrur wrote:
Has nobody linked Iris vs GGPlay yet? The whole series was amazing, and game 5 was my favorite game, like, ever. I love GGPlay <3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex3G6GPPiS0


Great swarms from GGPlay and exellent marine micro from Iris, yet this game is painfull reminder that Terrans didnt know how to play late TvZ back in 2007.


Transitioning to Late mechanic in python is pretty hard considering the open layout of the map.
GGPlay had superb late game zvt at that time, and Iris, well... his skterran was not as good.
Heathen
Profile Joined January 2011
Philippines351 Posts
July 03 2014 17:09 GMT
#67
UpMagic has very unusual builds
REDBLUEGREEN
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Germany1904 Posts
July 03 2014 19:28 GMT
#68
On July 02 2014 23:06 GTR wrote:
As someone who's watched at least over half the professional games played on Korean TV since 2003...


The screaming at the end of the game for me draws parallel to the ending of the 1999 Champions League final between Manchester United and Bayern Munchen... everyone was going nuts because nobody believed what they just saw.

Yes this game is one of my favorites as well.

Also the Boxer TvT with 7 Battlecruiser Lockdown. This move made me pick Terran but I think it was an online match and not televised.

Also a game with Anytime where for the first time I saw a recall into a minefield. I think it was in the finals vs Boxer or NaDa but I can't remember =D

I also loved almost all TvTs on Hall of Valhalla.
iloveav
Profile Joined November 2008
Poland1483 Posts
July 03 2014 20:01 GMT
#69
I think I saw a few replays that were more impresive than progames.
Boxer zvp vs intotherain with burrow tricks.
W_Paul_II or something like that in zvz win with 4 lings vs 1 muta.
Some guys from 7-color team had amazing games also beating pros.

But from actual Proleague... Bufff. Still cant think of anything that totally rolls over the great games we had.
aka LRM)Cats_Paw.
city42
Profile Joined October 2007
1656 Posts
July 03 2014 20:09 GMT
#70
It's difficult to narrow them down, but the 3 best games I've ever seen (in no particular order) are probably:

1) Stork vs. Gorush @ Requiem (2005 Proleague final) - Begins with a no rush 20 situation where both players split the map and tech up. From there it becomes an insane strategic battle featuring just about every protoss and zerg unit. I'm fairly sure Gorush mined out at least 9 bases in this game.

2) Ra vs. Savior @ Peaks - Normally I hate using the word "epic" but this was an epic game befitting two legends.

3) Oov vs. Yellow @ U-Boat - A low-econ game for the ages with everything on the line.

These games might not be "best game ever" material, but I want to mention them anyway due to their uniqueness: Rainbow vs. Goodfriend @ Ride of Valkyries and R-Point. Goodfriend was no stranger to excruciating losses, but nothing can quite match this series. Harass, harass, harass...the only word in Rainbow's vocabulary.

Also, I think consideration should be given to the best series ever, not just the best games.
Elyvilon
Profile Joined August 2008
United States13143 Posts
July 03 2014 20:54 GMT
#71
The best series ever is Kal vs fOrGG at Arena MSL 2008 and I'm pretty sure no one can convince me otherwise.
Liquipedia
XenOsky
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Chile2358 Posts
July 04 2014 05:17 GMT
#72
sAviOr vs TT @ Requiem

Best game i've seen
ἡ τῆς Νεμέσεως τάξις
Titusmaster6
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5937 Posts
July 04 2014 06:40 GMT
#73
SILVER on MONTY HALL!
Shorts down shorts up, BOOM, just like that.
Skeny
Profile Joined March 2008
Australia121 Posts
July 04 2014 06:43 GMT
#74
Bisu vs Stork MSL 2007 Game 5 Loki



Bisu vs Flash in the (in my opinion) last real BW Proleague game (mostly for the story behind it)



Can't believe these haven't been mentioned yet!

PS Go on, Accuse me of being a Bisu fanboy!
<3 poopfeast420
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
July 04 2014 07:26 GMT
#75
Not sure if mentioned, but two games that I remember made me emotional are:

1) That "one time timing" game with jaedongs mutas vs some toss (bisu?). Dont remember the map, but Jaedong was top against a toss on the left, and he attacked with mutas just before he got too many corsairs etc. I'm a lot of you know which one I am talking about! Epic!

2) That game with savior against some up and comming terran (fantasy I think), where savior had him beat, but he went to an island and started builing BCs, and then won with the BCs, finally sending savior into the final slump... Made me so sad... (I hope that was not one of the fixed games!!! :o :o That would be... umm.. crappy? )
Elyvilon
Profile Joined August 2008
United States13143 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-04 07:48:39
July 04 2014 07:48 GMT
#76
On July 04 2014 16:26 Cascade wrote:
Not sure if mentioned, but two games that I remember made me emotional are:

1) That "one time timing" game with jaedongs mutas vs some toss (bisu?). Dont remember the map, but Jaedong was top against a toss on the left, and he attacked with mutas just before he got too many corsairs etc. I'm a lot of you know which one I am talking about! Epic!

Jaedong vs Stork, EVER 2007 OSL finals game 2 on I think Katrina

2) That game with savior against some up and comming terran (fantasy I think), where savior had him beat, but he went to an island and started builing BCs, and then won with the BCs, finally sending savior into the final slump... Made me so sad... (I hope that was not one of the fixed games!!! :o :o That would be... umm.. crappy? )

Sounds like sAviOr vs firebathero game 1 on Python in their MSL series, though FBH didn't turtle on an island, he turtled in another main.
Liquipedia
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
July 04 2014 08:26 GMT
#77
that bisu vs flash game was so epic, final ace match between T1 and KT, and well, bisu vs. flash.

the game itself was kind of strange, both players making questionable decisions throughout the game, and then ??? then ?????? then !!!!!
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
GeckoXp
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
Germany2016 Posts
July 04 2014 08:48 GMT
#78
On July 04 2014 05:01 iloveav wrote:
I think I saw a few replays that were more impresive than progames.
Boxer zvp vs intotherain with burrow tricks.
W_Paul_II or something like that in zvz win with 4 lings vs 1 muta.
Some guys from 7-color team had amazing games also beating pros.

But from actual Proleague... Bufff. Still cant think of anything that totally rolls over the great games we had.


H_Paul_WII
wingpawn
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
Poland1342 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-04 09:28:24
July 04 2014 09:28 GMT
#79
To me, it has to be Bisu vs Iris, MSL Ro8, Set 5 on Byzantium.
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-04 09:34:00
July 04 2014 09:33 GMT
#80
On July 04 2014 05:01 iloveav wrote:
I think I saw a few replays that were more impresive than progames.
Boxer zvp vs intotherain with burrow tricks.
W_Paul_II or something like that in zvz win with 4 lings vs 1 muta.
Some guys from 7-color team had amazing games also beating pros.

But from actual Proleague... Bufff. Still cant think of anything that totally rolls over the great games we had.



In the pimpest play there is a non korean game with the guy that save one drone with DS and ovies to get gaz to build a scourge to kill the last unit of a terran. A wraith. The Z have ONE drone and nothing that shoots up. (oh and the wraith pop out of the starport one hit before the ultra kills the starport).
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech169
UpATreeSC 156
JuggernautJason67
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 202
Dewaltoss 127
Hyuk 74
Bale 17
Dota 2
Gorgc10054
League of Legends
Doublelift1262
Counter-Strike
fl0m1543
Fnx 758
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King92
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4535
Khaldor1016
crisheroes933
Liquid`Hasu604
Other Games
summit1g6890
FrodaN2340
shahzam393
KnowMe356
XBOCT339
C9.Mang0195
ArmadaUGS137
ZombieGrub28
CosmosSc2 25
Trikslyr24
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV270
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream48
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH361
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2128
Other Games
• imaqtpie857
• Shiphtur293
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 32m
CranKy Ducklings
13h 32m
Online Event
14h 32m
FEL
19h 32m
AI Arena Tournament
20h 32m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
22h 32m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 13h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.