• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:34
CEST 22:34
KST 05:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6929 users

StarCraft Brood War Windows 7 Color Fix (registry) - Page 4

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
sabas123
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands3122 Posts
March 02 2013 16:40 GMT
#61
On March 02 2013 22:28 Musicus wrote:
Hey I hope it's ok if I bump this thread. I think this might be a hot topic again since many will use the days before hots release to play the sc1 and wol campaign.

So I bought the SC 1 Anthology (vanilla + broodwar) and downloaded and installed the latest version from battle.net.

Now I unfortunately after a few minutes I will get rainbow colors and the registry patch from this thread did not fix it . I use windows 7 pro 64bit service pack 1. The rainbow colors are gone when I tab out and back in once, but after a minute or so they are back again. So I'd appreciate any tips and suggestions what I can try, since I really want to enjoy the sc1 story before hots release .

go to desktop, (i.e have nothign on your screen) right click on the background, click the tab where you can change your resolution, than start the game or altab back in.

always works for me
The harder it becomes, the more you should focus on the basics.
quirinus
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Croatia2489 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-12 06:41:17
March 02 2013 17:14 GMT
#62
W7 64 bit colorfix try this again.

Even with the colorfix, sometimes, when you're in the channel, the colors will go wild, but it should work well in game etc. When colors go wild I just alt tab out and then back into the game and the colors are fixed.
All candles lit within him, and there was purity. | First auto-promoted BW LP editor.
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-03 13:50:41
March 03 2013 13:19 GMT
#63
Hm thanks for the help, sadly none of it works, I can fix it by alt tabbing out and back in, but after 30 secs the colors are messed up again.

Edit: Haha I can't believe but it works now. I just used the windows problem solver and it suggested starting the game with XP SP2 mode, now it works. So simple lol.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
quirinus
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Croatia2489 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-03 14:15:58
March 03 2013 14:15 GMT
#64
nvm
All candles lit within him, and there was purity. | First auto-promoted BW LP editor.
Gendo
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom216 Posts
March 14 2013 07:44 GMT
#65
Hey, got it working at the time but now i have a system with GMA945 chipset, does anyone knows how to force 4:3 aspect ratio?
uT)WhistleR
Profile Joined May 2006
Sweden95 Posts
March 15 2013 11:08 GMT
#66
thx guy, it works for me
quirinus
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Croatia2489 Posts
March 15 2013 15:25 GMT
#67
On March 14 2013 16:44 Gendo wrote:
Hey, got it working at the time but now i have a system with GMA945 chipset, does anyone knows how to force 4:3 aspect ratio?


no idea, but try searching your monitor settings (the buttons on the physical monitor), a lot of the newer monitors have that.
All candles lit within him, and there was purity. | First auto-promoted BW LP editor.
wertysebas
Profile Joined May 2013
1 Post
May 01 2013 00:29 GMT
#68
sorry if im late, but i applied the fix in the first post and its giving me some problems, would any of you be so kind and tell me how i can reverse it?

thanks in advance!
Beamer
Profile Joined March 2010
United States242 Posts
May 20 2013 00:23 GMT
#69
Would it be possible to sticky this post, or at least have a stickied thread with a link to the registry files? I have to use this registry fix whenever I install Brood War on a new computer, and it would be convenient to have the links in an easy-to-find place.
wsoul13
Profile Joined May 2013
1 Post
May 27 2013 00:46 GMT
#70


Here's a guy in youtube with his fix for rainbow color problems. It worked for me! You can save the file into your starcraft folder if you want.

If you like having shortcuts like me, just create a shortcut of the bat file and rename it StarCraft - Brood War then change the icon with the one that came with the game. Just click properties on your shortcut file and change icon. Browse for your Brood War .exe file and just copy that file's icon.

xboi209
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1173 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-27 02:42:14
May 27 2013 02:41 GMT
#71
On May 27 2013 09:46 wsoul13 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8yBDZJ4FB0

Here's a guy in youtube with his fix for rainbow color problems. It worked for me! You can save the file into your starcraft folder if you want.

If you like having shortcuts like me, just create a shortcut of the bat file and rename it StarCraft - Brood War then change the icon with the one that came with the game. Just click properties on your shortcut file and change icon. Browse for your Brood War .exe file and just copy that file's icon.


He poorly assumes that you didn't change your directory for StarCraft nor tried this color fix in the reg file.
http://www.reddit.com/r/broodwar/
wadesinclair
Profile Joined November 2012
Canada2 Posts
July 11 2013 21:54 GMT
#72
WORKED LIKE A CHARM! thank you!!!!!
En Taro Adun
beenizzle
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States141 Posts
July 12 2013 04:38 GMT
#73
thanks, worked wonders! no more messing w/ adjust resolution in the background and having to reopen launcher hundreds of times. cheers!
yesterday came suddenly
oDieN[Siege]
Profile Joined November 2009
United States2905 Posts
August 06 2013 15:21 GMT
#74
Pardon me for bumping this, but I'm having trouble with having this installed and playing on the ICCup server.

It doesn't do this on West/East server, but when I'm on ICCup server I get this "white screen" pretty frequently.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

The only way to get this to go away is to join/create a game and leave. Or alt-tab back in and out of StarCraft.

Anyone know how to fix this? Or perhaps find the "registry" file that I downloaded from this thread on my computer and
remove it? I want to see if this is the problem. Thanks in advance, fellas.
말크 : ^_^~ NeO)GabuAt, vGODieN
floladriblere
Profile Joined August 2011
France85 Posts
August 08 2013 17:38 GMT
#75
On August 07 2013 00:21 ODieN wrote:
Pardon me for bumping this, but I'm having trouble with having this installed and playing on the ICCup server.

It doesn't do this on West/East server, but when I'm on ICCup server I get this "white screen" pretty frequently.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

The only way to get this to go away is to join/create a game and leave. Or alt-tab back in and out of StarCraft.

Anyone know how to fix this? Or perhaps find the "registry" file that I downloaded from this thread on my computer and
remove it? I want to see if this is the problem. Thanks in advance, fellas.



I have the exact same problem.
It only does that when I have Firefox open. When I use internet explorer it's fine. Really weird.
boum su4ka!
xboi209
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States1173 Posts
August 08 2013 21:48 GMT
#76
On August 09 2013 02:38 floladriblere wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2013 00:21 ODieN wrote:
Pardon me for bumping this, but I'm having trouble with having this installed and playing on the ICCup server.

It doesn't do this on West/East server, but when I'm on ICCup server I get this "white screen" pretty frequently.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

The only way to get this to go away is to join/create a game and leave. Or alt-tab back in and out of StarCraft.

Anyone know how to fix this? Or perhaps find the "registry" file that I downloaded from this thread on my computer and
remove it? I want to see if this is the problem. Thanks in advance, fellas.



I have the exact same problem.
It only does that when I have Firefox open. When I use internet explorer it's fine. Really weird.

plugin-container.exe from Firefox causes this problem
http://www.reddit.com/r/broodwar/
floladriblere
Profile Joined August 2011
France85 Posts
August 08 2013 22:37 GMT
#77
Are there solutions?
boum su4ka!
Mr. Bean
Profile Joined October 2009
82 Posts
August 09 2013 01:49 GMT
#78
Disable hardware acceleration in firefox,may fix this problem.
MildCocoA
Profile Joined October 2010
Korea (South)129 Posts
September 30 2013 13:31 GMT
#79
BW display issue.
I use catalyst 13.9 (official ver.)
any solution?
Garmer
Profile Joined October 2010
1286 Posts
October 05 2013 16:01 GMT
#80
me too the new drives fucked up BW so badly, worked fine before those drives
damn you amd
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 512
ProTech144
BRAT_OK 95
Railgan 83
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1476
Dewaltoss 123
Trap 26
Bale 14
Dota 2
420jenkins527
Counter-Strike
fl0m4240
Fnx 613
minikerr1
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4508
Liquid`Hasu744
Other Games
summit1g4936
Liquid`RaSZi2166
FrodaN795
B2W.Neo533
XaKoH 254
ToD203
C9.Mang0169
RotterdaM82
QueenE69
UpATreeSC67
Mew2King34
PPMD25
JuggernautJason17
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV217
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream16
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21117
Other Games
• Shiphtur1041
• imaqtpie829
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 26m
Patches Events
19h 26m
The PondCast
1d 13h
INu's Battles
1d 14h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.