• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:41
CEST 16:41
KST 23:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9478 users

The Swedish Brood War Initiative - Page 9

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 29 Next All
pebble444
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Italy2503 Posts
July 02 2012 19:24 GMT
#161
On July 03 2012 04:01 Dodgin wrote:
So was this some kind of scam or something?


LOL imo no, since they even saw the ISL finals live togheter; at least i hope not. Just maybe the passion of what was started is stalling a bit. I know the Italian goverment would take months to review something like that, but i wish and hope (and think) that the burocrazy of the Swedish goverment is more efficient.
"Awaken my Child, and embrace the Glory that is your Birthright"
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
July 02 2012 19:25 GMT
#162
I'm just confused as to why there has been no updates in the OP in 3~ weeks.
floi
Profile Joined July 2010
203 Posts
July 02 2012 23:02 GMT
#163
I think a little more patience before screaming "scam" might be appropriate here.
Pucca
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Taiwan1280 Posts
July 03 2012 06:21 GMT
#164
I remember asking to Terran and he was saying he was waiting for th government to get back also apparently his comp died out. I think there are nI other updates due to nothing new to be told haha
Master Chief
Kairo
Profile Joined November 2008
Sweden184 Posts
July 03 2012 10:39 GMT
#165
IMO nothing strange is going on.
Another nice thing about Sweden apart from free education and healthcare is the industrial vacation time that a lot of people got, which this year is 28-31.

As in the Weeks :D

The winters are cold, and the summers are great. That activity and bureaucratic response times becomes worse during this time of the year is not unexpected at all. I assume that activity will resume when August/September comes around or the paperwork gets processed; unless the Stockholmers do a OSL finals thingie first.

Only reason i am inside and not outside in the glorious sun looking for awesome pretty swedish girls is that i have to study-> procrastinate with OSL Ro8, but need to find a stream ^^
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane. Off she rode with a trumpety trump; trump trump trump.<- Sig since before the Don.
TehRei
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden261 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-08 12:31:09
July 08 2012 12:24 GMT
#166
When we were signing the papers and stuff during the founding meeting I think Jaevlaterran said it usually takes some time, and since it's summer (as Kairo said) it's probably gonna take even longer than usual.

Also, I was planning on starting up a SBWI-clan on ICCup, so us members could keep in touch and find practice partners, but ICCup hasn't worked for me since I got back home from Italy, so I haven't been able to QQ I've tried talking to the staff there but they don't really know why it's not working either. Since I don't have an ETA on when/if that's gonna get sorted out anyone who feels up to it could start it up. I was thinking we'd create a group on Skype as well, so everyone has each other's skype address too



EDIT: and to people shouting "scam!!111", don't worry, I'm fairly sure it's not. But if it is then Jaevlaterran is a really bad conman, seeing as I've already been at his place twice and I know his full name, address and phone number. If he would be scamming us I'd be the first to leave a burning paperbag filled with dogshit outside his door after having rang his bell and started running down all 7 flights of stairs
pebble444
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Italy2503 Posts
July 08 2012 13:46 GMT
#167
On July 08 2012 21:24 TehRei wrote: + Show Spoiler +

When we were signing the papers and stuff during the founding meeting I think Jaevlaterran said it usually takes some time, and since it's summer (as Kairo said) it's probably gonna take even longer than usual.

Also, I was planning on starting up a SBWI-clan on ICCup, so us members could keep in touch and find practice partners, but ICCup hasn't worked for me since I got back home from Italy, so I haven't been able to QQ I've tried talking to the staff there but they don't really know why it's not working either. Since I don't have an ETA on when/if that's gonna get sorted out anyone who feels up to it could start it up. I was thinking we'd create a group on Skype as well, so everyone has each other's skype address too



EDIT: and to people shouting "scam!!111", don't worry, I'm fairly sure it's not. But if it is then Jaevlaterran is a really bad conman, seeing as I've already been at his place twice and I know his full name, address and phone number. If he would be scamming us I'd be the first to leave a burning paperbag filled with dogshit outside his door after having rang his bell and started running down all 7 flights of stairs


Lol in fact i was 99 % true it was legit. And these things do tale time indeed. The only important thing is that once the organisation is up and running final financially, then the group decideds on tournaments and events, which i think it will be!

Just a question of waiting it out then and dealing with things as they come along.

where there' s a will there' s a way.
"Awaken my Child, and embrace the Glory that is your Birthright"
Skeggaba
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1556 Posts
July 29 2012 20:58 GMT
#168
What happened here?
?
?
Bisu[about JD]=I was scared (laughs). The force emanating from his facial expression was so manly that I was even a little jealous.
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-30 19:20:36
July 29 2012 21:14 GMT
#169
--Retracted--
☺
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
July 29 2012 21:37 GMT
#170
On July 30 2012 06:14 Release wrote:
did they have to pay to start?
If yes, then probably a scam.

If not, don't see how it could be a scam


+ $7:50 per person(member's fee)

+ $9 per person (the raised pay from the state per member)
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
ImbaTosS
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom1732 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-29 22:18:23
July 29 2012 22:17 GMT
#171
Why are people so damn fast to call scam on everything??? It's genuinely unpleasant, and helps nobody. I can tell you, it's very easy to let everyday real life get in the way of stuff which takes a lot of time, for free, which you do out of your own goodness.

Not to sermonise, but give it time, and don't call scam so quickly! If I was Jaevlaterran (at this moment in time, not assumed to be a con-man) and came back and saw this, a lot of faith in the community which I was trying to help would evaporate.
EleGant[AoV]
pebble444
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Italy2503 Posts
July 29 2012 22:19 GMT
#172
I believe we are just waiting on the Swedish goverment. Once the give the go, all will be well and farewell.
"Awaken my Child, and embrace the Glory that is your Birthright"
Skeggaba
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1556 Posts
July 29 2012 23:44 GMT
#173
Well im not calling scam, just wanted to get involved (since i didnt have time when it first came around).
Doesnt seem like "jaevlaterran" has been very active in the last 1½ months or so (no posts basically) so any of the other members: what happened? Are you cooking up a grand scheme behind the scenes? Please fill us in (or me in via PM ^^)
Bisu[about JD]=I was scared (laughs). The force emanating from his facial expression was so manly that I was even a little jealous.
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
July 29 2012 23:59 GMT
#174
well if anyone who has contact to the OP, and can confirm this is not a scam, i'll retract my statement.
☺
Eywa-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada4876 Posts
July 30 2012 02:33 GMT
#175
On July 30 2012 07:17 ImbaTosS wrote:
Why are people so damn fast to call scam on everything??? It's genuinely unpleasant, and helps nobody. I can tell you, it's very easy to let everyday real life get in the way of stuff which takes a lot of time, for free, which you do out of your own goodness.

Not to sermonise, but give it time, and don't call scam so quickly! If I was Jaevlaterran (at this moment in time, not assumed to be a con-man) and came back and saw this, a lot of faith in the community which I was trying to help would evaporate.

People refer to everything as scams because they are so frequent in BW, litterally every organization who promissed big things out of no where has been a scam.

rD tours and UED.SL are perfect examples.
Being mannered is almost as important as winning. Almost...
ImbaTosS
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom1732 Posts
July 30 2012 09:18 GMT
#176
On July 30 2012 11:33 Eywa- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2012 07:17 ImbaTosS wrote:
Why are people so damn fast to call scam on everything??? It's genuinely unpleasant, and helps nobody. I can tell you, it's very easy to let everyday real life get in the way of stuff which takes a lot of time, for free, which you do out of your own goodness.

Not to sermonise, but give it time, and don't call scam so quickly! If I was Jaevlaterran (at this moment in time, not assumed to be a con-man) and came back and saw this, a lot of faith in the community which I was trying to help would evaporate.

People refer to everything as scams because they are so frequent in BW, litterally every organization who promissed big things out of no where has been a scam.

rD tours and UED.SL are perfect examples.

I'm still sore about UED. Very.
EleGant[AoV]
Black[CAT]
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Malaysia2589 Posts
July 30 2012 09:41 GMT
#177
On July 30 2012 18:18 ImbaTosS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2012 11:33 Eywa- wrote:
On July 30 2012 07:17 ImbaTosS wrote:
Why are people so damn fast to call scam on everything??? It's genuinely unpleasant, and helps nobody. I can tell you, it's very easy to let everyday real life get in the way of stuff which takes a lot of time, for free, which you do out of your own goodness.

Not to sermonise, but give it time, and don't call scam so quickly! If I was Jaevlaterran (at this moment in time, not assumed to be a con-man) and came back and saw this, a lot of faith in the community which I was trying to help would evaporate.

People refer to everything as scams because they are so frequent in BW, litterally every organization who promissed big things out of no where has been a scam.

rD tours and UED.SL are perfect examples.

I'm still sore about UED. Very.


What happened with UED?
You mean ESPORTS isnt a synonym for SC2? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ -Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch 2 with Cherry Blue Switches- BW or SC2? Why not both?
TaShadan
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany1982 Posts
July 30 2012 10:32 GMT
#178
any update here?
Total Annihilation Zero
Boundz(DarKo)
Profile Joined March 2009
5311 Posts
July 30 2012 11:22 GMT
#179
Don't think there's a scam even though I've yet to meet anyone, missed the meeting :p
KT Practice
Profile Joined January 2010
Sweden20 Posts
July 30 2012 19:13 GMT
#180
I was there at the meeting and its not a scam, stop spreading lies founded on nothing but speculation based on nothing. No one has payed any membership fees an no money has yet to be received from the state.
In Sweden the government moves very slow, specially in the summer.

If it was a scam it would be the funniest one I've ever seen(a scam to trick ppl into come to your house in order to drink beer and watch video games with you).
"I was so surprised when I first played StarCraft 2. I couldn't believe that such an easy game exists" Midas
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 29 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 49
CosmosSc2 35
trigger 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53008
Shuttle 9451
FanTaSy 1737
BeSt 660
Horang2 490
Larva 150
Soma 145
Sexy 144
Last 115
Mind 102
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 93
Pusan 83
Zeus 77
Hyun 64
hero 62
Killer 52
Aegong 47
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 25
PianO 22
Rock 17
NaDa 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc4337
qojqva2278
Dendi1430
420jenkins530
Fuzer 52
Counter-Strike
fl0m3233
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor981
Liquid`Hasu735
Other Games
B2W.Neo847
Beastyqt531
Mlord432
byalli409
Livibee213
Hui .192
ArmadaUGS134
KnowMe96
Mew2King61
QueenE56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick771
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream71
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 21
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 32
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1782
League of Legends
• Nemesis3433
Other Games
• WagamamaTV198
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
19m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 19m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 19m
Replay Cast
8h 19m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 19m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
20h 19m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 20h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.